Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 02:52:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Tron Legacy 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tron Legacy  (Read 138342 times)
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #70 on: March 28, 2010, 07:30:37 AM

What was Defender called in the UK?

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #71 on: March 28, 2010, 07:56:45 AM

Don't make me kill you.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
NowhereMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: March 28, 2010, 08:38:25 AM

In mother UK fender is bumper. I preferred Ironwood's though.

"Look at my car. Do you think that was bought with the earnest love of geeks?" - HaemishM
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #73 on: March 28, 2010, 09:02:59 AM

I'm confused. I went back and looked at the quiz, and I could find no icon or anything that reminded me of this Defender game. Am I being particularly dense here?

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #74 on: March 28, 2010, 09:08:41 AM

I'm confused. I went back and looked at the quiz, and I could find no icon or anything that reminded me of this Defender game. Am I being particularly dense here?

Are they suggesting the soldiers guarding the truck near the Hydrogen fuel station would be the guys from Defender?  That's the best I could find.  I played the hell out of defender in arcades back in the day.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #75 on: March 28, 2010, 09:13:50 AM

Wife and I did really well on that quiz, but defender ?  That's an Americanism and fucked both of us right off.

Some of them are very heavily Americanised. I would never have got Defender (thanks!), and there were a couple of others I definitely struggled with. Including NBA Jam - I got the Jam part, but NBA was elluding me. I also got a couple with sheer guessing - I've never heard of 'Tiger Heli' in my entire life, and I'm very much NES generation. I'm stuck at 51/56.

Tiger Heli was awesome,  I got that one right off.  I was a bit surprised to see it on the list, though, since I didn't think it was all that popular.  Think 1943 with a helicopter.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #76 on: March 28, 2010, 09:46:35 AM

Are they suggesting the soldiers guarding the truck near the Hydrogen fuel station would be the guys from Defender?  That's the best I could find.  I played the hell out of defender in arcades back in the day.

That was Vanguard.

Yes, some of them are that obvious.

MuffinMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #77 on: March 28, 2010, 10:38:04 AM

The "D" pointing at the bumper of the blue car. I don't understand how this is Americanized because we call that a bumper here too. Never in my life have I heard it called a fender, I thought debumper as well.

I'm very mysterious when I'm inside you.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #78 on: March 28, 2010, 10:43:45 AM

I was sure Fender and 'Fenderbender' to describe an auto accident were both Americanisms.

Maybe I'm wrong.

Still made it bloody hard tho.  (Timesplitters also messed with my head for a while)

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #79 on: March 28, 2010, 11:45:03 AM

It would help if they pointed to the actual fender and not the bumper.  The fender is the cowl that covers the wheel well.

Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #80 on: March 31, 2010, 11:24:29 AM

"Role playing in an MMO is more like an open orchestra with no conductor, anyone of any skill level can walk in at any time, and everyone brings their own instrument and plays whatever song they want.  Then toss PvP into the mix and things REALLY get ugly!" -Count Nerfedalot
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #81 on: April 01, 2010, 11:47:16 AM

It would help if they pointed to the actual fender and not the bumper.  The fender is the cowl that covers the wheel well.
No, its probably better this way, because me and everybody else I know uses the word fender as another way of saying bumper.  Actually (and I don't know if this just happens to be coincidence or a regional dialect difference), just about everybody I know calls it a fender in normal conversion, and only rarely use the word bumper.

Also, I've only made it to 40, and am getting stumped pretty badly.  I think there are some I just haven't heard of, so don't get it.  I actually made it to 41 because I read above somebody saying Tiger Heli, and I never heard of it.  I kept trying to type in Flying Tigers into that one because it was the only thing that made sense, heh.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 11:53:06 AM by Teleku »

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #82 on: April 01, 2010, 12:17:16 PM

You may PM for help. Yes, I am a gracious God.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #83 on: April 01, 2010, 12:43:54 PM

I saw Ironwood had replied in a thread titled "Tron Legacy" and thought to myself: this ought to be good.  Now I find myself incredibly confused.  I refuse to read the previous two pages, however.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #84 on: April 01, 2010, 01:22:25 PM

You may PM for help. Yes, I am a gracious God.
Google is also a gracious god.   awesome, for real

I'm trying my damndest to see if I can get through this without spoilers (so far the only one being the tiger heli).  I am proud to say I figured out every single other one mentioned here on my own (and defender was one of the first.  tongue  Probably because of what I mentioned before).  Every other day I go take a glance at it, and suddenly one or two that I spent a ton of time trying to figure days before suddenly clicks.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Mattemeo
Terracotta Army

Reply #85 on: April 01, 2010, 05:21:27 PM

I'm now on 54/56.

Two elude me entirely. The Crown on the Owl, and the Book with a Bull and an R on the page. Everything else I've gotten without the need to google - including some mad guesses... there have been a lot of skateboard games over the years.

If you party with the Party Prince you get two complimentary after-dinner mints
taolurker
Terracotta Army

Reply #86 on: April 01, 2010, 06:19:13 PM

It's not a bull, think more a male goat.

I used to write for extinct gaming sites
details available here (unused blog about page)
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #87 on: April 01, 2010, 07:40:41 PM

I'm now on 54/56.

Two elude me entirely. The Crown on the Owl, and the Book with a Bull and an R on the page. Everything else I've gotten without the need to google - including some mad guesses... there have been a lot of skateboard games over the years.
Yeah, those are two that have been driving me mad.  I'm still plugging away at the skateboard one myself because, well, fuck, its a kid jumping off a ramp with a skate board.  That doesn't really help.  I was sad to see that skate or die wasn't the answer since that was one of the first NES games I ever played as a child (and my mother yelled at my father all night for letting me come home with a game called Skate or Die.  Good times).

-Stephen Colbert
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #88 on: April 01, 2010, 07:59:37 PM

The devil is in the details.

Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #89 on: April 01, 2010, 09:07:31 PM

720 degrees? That was a skateboard game.

(have not looked at the quiz at all)

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #90 on: April 02, 2010, 04:14:54 AM

Whoops.

You may as well just have said 'Birdie King'.

Mattemeo
Terracotta Army

Reply #91 on: April 02, 2010, 05:26:49 AM

You may as well just have said 'Birdie King'.

Oh, another golf one? A US friend of mine got 'Golden Tee', I simply had no idea. I don't even register real golf as a game, let alone digitized versions of extreme boredom.

If you party with the Party Prince you get two complimentary after-dinner mints
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #92 on: April 02, 2010, 05:34:53 AM

Golden Tee is the one in the bars with the trackball you spin wildly while drunk.  So, it's actually the closest to real golf of all the golf games.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #93 on: April 02, 2010, 08:22:47 AM

Yeah, I got golden tee right off, everybody has at least some fuzzy memories of that game!

-Stephen Colbert
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #94 on: April 05, 2010, 12:53:06 AM

Rampage and Spy hunter gave me a bit of trouble as did shadow of the colossus.

Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #95 on: April 07, 2010, 07:17:38 PM

Holy shit, south park just got awesome.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #96 on: April 08, 2010, 01:52:08 AM

What a bloody coincidence that I just deactivated my Facebook profile.

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
stu
Terracotta Army

Reply #97 on: April 08, 2010, 01:13:26 PM

Encom clearance arrived today!

Dear Diary,
Jackpot!
sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #98 on: July 22, 2010, 01:51:35 PM

Full Theaterical Trailer Hits

http://blastr.com/2010/07/new-full-length-tron-legacy-trailer-will-blow-your-mind.php

It's a long haul until December.

beer geek.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #99 on: July 22, 2010, 02:26:37 PM

Why the fuck did they delay it a few days instead of putting it in front of Inception.  I saw it at Imax, and they played the old Tron trailer in front of it.  Seeing the new trailer in imax would have been awesome.   Ohhhhh, I see.

-Stephen Colbert
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #100 on: July 22, 2010, 03:17:44 PM

I'm getting a very religious vibe off of the Flynn duality there....and I like it.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
stu
Terracotta Army

Reply #101 on: July 22, 2010, 03:30:59 PM

Man, the sound design in this is going to be unreal.

Even in the trailer, the director is already lobbying to get the gig for The Black Hole remake. I'm going to netflix the original.

Dear Diary,
Jackpot!
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #102 on: July 23, 2010, 03:01:10 AM

Ooooh, danger.  Do not fuck up The Black Hole.

K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #103 on: July 23, 2010, 04:08:01 AM

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #104 on: July 23, 2010, 05:41:15 AM

ACK!

DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS

jeezus christ I can see that cruising down the MacArthur Causeway on a Friday night ... I would pee myself seeing that.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Tron Legacy  
Jump to: