Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 10:46:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Funny picture thread 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 459 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Funny picture thread  (Read 3840091 times)
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #4060 on: June 03, 2010, 11:20:24 AM

Hilarious. But a joke. Watch the floor of the doorway, left side.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #4061 on: June 03, 2010, 11:44:41 AM

Can you tell by the pixels?

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #4062 on: June 03, 2010, 12:17:12 PM

It's strange because not only does the one in front of him fold back in on him, but the one opposite him starts moving too fast, but in the correct direction?  Even if it's a fake, it isn't one that make sense.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #4063 on: June 03, 2010, 12:27:24 PM

My only thought is that it was on a really windy day and that by sheer random chance, a huge gust hit as the two sides were both open.

Otherwise there is really no explanation for both sides snapping shut like a book.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #4064 on: June 03, 2010, 12:33:56 PM

I was thinking maybe it was from one of those hidden camera prank shows and the guy was in on it.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
CharlieMopps
Terracotta Army

Reply #4065 on: June 03, 2010, 12:41:56 PM

It might have something to do with the person from the other side as if trying to come in from the opposite direction.

yes, the person coming from the other direction pushes on his door which causes the door of the guy on our side to push him back... surprised he stumbles backwards as the safety thing in the door releases. The pushing of the guy outside + the moment of the door behind our guy + the stumbling backward = hilarity.

Although I'm surprised the glass broke that easily. That makes me suspicious.
Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #4066 on: June 03, 2010, 12:42:55 PM

Unless it was designed to shatter harmlessly. Maybe they make doors out of candy!

"Role playing in an MMO is more like an open orchestra with no conductor, anyone of any skill level can walk in at any time, and everyone brings their own instrument and plays whatever song they want.  Then toss PvP into the mix and things REALLY get ugly!" -Count Nerfedalot
Terracotta Army

Reply #4067 on: June 03, 2010, 02:34:26 PM

Unless it was designed to shatter harmlessly. Maybe they make doors out of candy!

Stunt windows! awesome, for real

But yeah, watch the glass shatter. Granted, it has to be a tempered glass, but no glass, not even tempered turns to dust when it hits the floor.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #4068 on: June 03, 2010, 02:36:17 PM

Stunt windows! awesome, for real

That was actually my thought.  Candy glass revolving door panes rigged to snap shut on command.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #4069 on: June 03, 2010, 07:55:22 PM

This is a mechanized revolving door and (because there is no hinged door next to it) it would have to have a "panic collapse" system per the fire code. Such a system is designed to do just what it did there if enough stress is placed upon the door mechanism which was caused by the dope pushing on it the wrong way against the mechanical rotation.  The glass is just tempered glass that is designed to fall apart like that under the impact of the panic collapse.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #4070 on: June 03, 2010, 08:09:09 PM

This is a mechanized revolving door and (because there is no hinged door next to it) it would have to have a "panic collapse" system per the fire code. Such a system is designed to do just what it did there if enough stress is placed upon the door mechanism which was caused by the dope pushing on it the wrong way against the mechanical rotation.  The glass is just tempered glass that is designed to fall apart like that under the impact of the panic collapse.

Was waiting for someone to come post this. That door was just working as intended, no internet magic. As for the bottom left corner, it's just the air rushing in as the slight seal the revolving door has is no longer there.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #4071 on: June 04, 2010, 07:57:38 AM

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #4072 on: June 04, 2010, 08:21:46 AM

That whole picture is just strange (beyond the obvious lulz).  Why is the naked man there, a very young child, with a couple of furries in the background and everyone has a video camera?  What the fuck kind of parade is this?  The Furries and Naked Pedo Cinematographists Rights parade?

Ninja edit:  It reminds me also of a terrible truisim that can only be experienced at places like the fitness club where I go to work out.  There is a certain subset of men that seem to have absolutely no modesty whatsoever, and when in the changing rooms they love to let it all hang out.  Walking around, in the steam room, in front of the mirrors clipping their nose hairs - all the while with their dangly bits on display for the whole world.  The one thing that all of these men seem to have in common is that they are either way too fat, old, hairy or generally ugly, and are the last people you would want running around in the buff.  It's never the normal people.  It's really remarkable.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 08:25:35 AM by Cyrrex »

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Polysorbate80
Terracotta Army

Reply #4073 on: June 04, 2010, 09:01:24 AM

that they are either way too fat, old, hairy or generally ugly, and are the last people you would want running around in the buff.  It's never the normal people.

What you're describing are the normal people. 

The toned gym rats at your fitness club?  They're the outliers.

“Why the fuck would you ... ?” is like 80% of the conversation with Poly — Chimpy
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #4074 on: June 04, 2010, 09:10:38 AM

What the fuck kind of parade is this?

That looks about right for Bay to Breakers in SF.  I missed this year's because I was overseas, but it's always a good time.  Scary naked people notwithstanding.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

"Use the Soy Sauce, Luke!" WHOM, ZASH, CLISH CLASH! "Umeboshi Kenobi!! NOOO!!!"

Reply #4075 on: June 04, 2010, 10:28:56 AM

Another example that normal is a hopelessly skewed concept at this point.

"Pity hurricanes aren't actually caused by gays; I would take a shot in the mouth right now if it meant wiping out these chucklefucks." ~WayAbvPar
Rishathra
Terracotta Army

Reply #4076 on: June 04, 2010, 10:30:21 AM

Yeah, I have fond memories of the Bay to Breakers.  Plenty of crazy people, but mostly the fun and enjoyable kind.  The creepy, naked kind has a minimal presence.

Complaining about naked people in a fitness club's changing room is  swamp poop.

"...you'll still be here trying to act cool while actually being a bored and frustrated office worker with a vibrating anger-valve puffing out internet hostility." - Falconeer
"That looks like English but I have no idea what you just said." - Trippy
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #4077 on: June 04, 2010, 11:12:43 AM

Too soon?
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #4078 on: June 04, 2010, 11:42:37 AM

The severed heads made it gratuitous, otherwise it'd have been funny.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #4079 on: June 04, 2010, 02:50:12 PM

I couldn't find a Funny Video thread. This is damn hilarious though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Zd_khk6zXo

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #4080 on: June 04, 2010, 04:03:41 PM

The only funny thing about that is "Celebrate originality" at the end of the add, which is fucking hilarious considering the content.

Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

Reply #4081 on: June 04, 2010, 06:57:43 PM

You're just a negative nancy.

That was a pretty nice splice job.  Snoop Dogg Jedi?  Yeah, that's pretty funny.

"Pity hurricanes aren't actually caused by gays; I would take a shot in the mouth right now if it meant wiping out these chucklefucks." ~WayAbvPar
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #4082 on: June 04, 2010, 06:59:47 PM

Would have been awesome to see a Luke that didn't take shit from anyone.

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #4083 on: June 04, 2010, 07:23:33 PM

Don't get me wrong, I like star wars but this recent star wars revolution has taken its toll and I am officially sick of it. Congratulations, you have a darth vader costume, now stop taking pictures of yourself doing stupid shit in it.

Terracotta Army

Reply #4084 on: June 04, 2010, 07:32:11 PM

Interestingly enough, Daft Punk actually looked like they belonged there.

LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #4085 on: June 04, 2010, 07:38:02 PM

I'm damn surprised they appeared or allowed their likeness in the campaign. They have been very reclusive in the past.

Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

Reply #4086 on: June 05, 2010, 06:50:05 AM

Considering how many shots they were in through the whole clip, I expect they were part of some initiative rather than compelled into something.

K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #4087 on: June 05, 2010, 01:03:32 PM

That was pretty awesome all things considered.

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #4088 on: June 05, 2010, 05:17:16 PM

LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #4089 on: June 05, 2010, 05:24:32 PM

That one got me good.  awesome, for real

waffel
Terracotta Army

Reply #4090 on: June 05, 2010, 06:06:15 PM

This was probably posted before, but the new logo in the bottom left makes it relevant again:

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #4091 on: June 05, 2010, 07:05:18 PM

I'm still laughing.  Bravo.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #4092 on: June 05, 2010, 08:28:28 PM

wtf?

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Nerf
Terracotta Army

The Presence of Your Vehicle Has Been Documented

Reply #4093 on: June 05, 2010, 10:56:25 PM

Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #4094 on: June 06, 2010, 09:00:04 AM

Wrong thread...I don't think we have a stupid picture thread...

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 459 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Funny picture thread  
Jump to: