Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 02:33:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Steam  |  Topic: New UI (Webkit Based) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New UI (Webkit Based)  (Read 17694 times)
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #70 on: March 10, 2010, 08:33:58 PM

FFS shut up about the one-button mouse already. We've had machines that work with a right click for years now.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #71 on: March 10, 2010, 08:41:14 PM

FFS shut up about the one-button mouse already. We've had machines that work with a right click for years now.

True story.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #72 on: March 10, 2010, 08:57:31 PM

I know at least one person who buys Mac hardware and installs Windows on it so he can run games.   awesome, for real
/boggle
Not too surprising. Apple hardware is pretty top of the line. Overpriced compared to what you can custom build, but its sexy and all that. Pity about the one button mouse nonsense. Otherwise I would have gotten a mac book pro and put on Windows 7.
You do realize you can configure the trackpad to recognize various gestures to be right click, right? If you want a middle mouse button, however, you are SoL.
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: March 10, 2010, 09:02:09 PM

I know at least one person who buys Mac hardware and installs Windows on it so he can run games.   awesome, for real
/boggle
Not too surprising. Apple hardware is pretty top of the line. Overpriced compared to what you can custom build, but its sexy and all that. Pity about the one button mouse nonsense. Otherwise I would have gotten a mac book pro and put on Windows 7.
You do realize you can configure the trackpad to recognize various gestures to be right click, right? If you want a middle mouse button, however, you are SoL.

Or, ya now, just plug in any old usb mouse that you want.
naum
Terracotta Army

Reply #74 on: March 10, 2010, 10:29:52 PM

Magic mouse is best mouse ever. It only took Apple 25 years to refresh the mouse, but multi-touch mouse is awesome. Accelerated scrolling, gestures, etc.… (and yes, Virginia, right click (as well as any other tap/press/swipe combo, though to enact the really esoteric sequences you need to DL a freeware utility app) is easily enabled)

"Should the batman kill Joker because it would save more lives?" is a fundamentally different question from "should the batman have a bunch of machineguns that go BATBATBATBATBAT because its totally cool?". ~Goumindong
schild
Administrator

Reply #75 on: March 10, 2010, 10:34:22 PM

Ok.
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #76 on: March 11, 2010, 07:52:24 AM

Ya, but even the mac users I support end up using a usb mouse when in Windows bootcamp or parallels when using an apple notebook. Its sorta like consoleitis. Technically it works like a normal 2 button trackpad, but it just feels just wrong to them, probably because the trackpad wasn't designed for navigating context menus.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #77 on: March 11, 2010, 09:21:25 AM

Magic mouse is best mouse ever.
When was that released? I haven't seen one and I probably won't get another imac until next year. The mighty mouse blows, we've bought 17 minis in the last year and not a single apple mouse. Do like the current apple keyboard (the full size, not the runt). Bought one for everyone and they love them, too. Especially those upgrading from the Tray of Shit Collection keyboard.
naum
Terracotta Army

Reply #78 on: March 11, 2010, 09:47:00 AM

Magic mouse is best mouse ever.
When was that released? I haven't seen one and I probably won't get another imac until next year. The mighty mouse blows, we've bought 17 minis in the last year and not a single apple mouse. Do like the current apple keyboard (the full size, not the runt). Bought one for everyone and they love them, too. Especially those upgrading from the Tray of Shit Collection keyboard.

Last year sometime? Not sure…

It came bundled with 27" iMac I got for Christmas.

Keyboard bundled with it was the wireless one which I soon lamented giving away my 15+ year old old school clangy Apple OS 9 keyboard… …but bought a full size one with same touch style which I now enjoy (really missed the Control keys and for gaming, the half-laptop-style-keyboard really is a hinderance). Saving the wireless keyboard for a new Mac Mini and/or iPad.

Yeah, Apple mouse iterations all blew chunks until the Magic Mouse. And I was skeptical, ready to discard and plug in USB Logitech mouse, but it truly is revolutionary. Best I compare to is gestures on iPhone, the accelerated scrolling, but with more — two finger swipes, taps and clicks, etc.… …by default, OS X does not enable right hand clicks (!) but easily toggle in settings. Like stated, some more esoteric sequences (i.e., I use a 3 finger tap to equate to middle mouse click) are available with Better Touch Tool.

Really like the side to side scrolling — that is if you do any audio/video editing, you really get used to side scrolling (not much application web browsing, though two finger swipe back/forward to navigate through your browser history I use a lot) with just a finger slide.

Downside: it does seem to require battery replacement every month or so.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 09:49:55 AM by naum »

"Should the batman kill Joker because it would save more lives?" is a fundamentally different question from "should the batman have a bunch of machineguns that go BATBATBATBATBAT because its totally cool?". ~Goumindong
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #79 on: March 11, 2010, 11:26:49 AM

Magic mouse is best mouse ever. It only took Apple 25 years to refresh the mouse, but multi-touch mouse is awesome. Accelerated scrolling, gestures, etc.… (and yes, Virginia, right click (as well as any other tap/press/swipe combo, though to enact the really esoteric sequences you need to DL a freeware utility app) is easily enabled)

MY buddy just got his first Mac, a Macbook Pro, supplied by his work, and he went out and bought one of these. He is in absolute awe of the thing. Granted, he doesnt use it for gaming, but for navigating around the OS while working, he said it cant be beat right now.
Prospero
Terracotta Army

Reply #80 on: March 11, 2010, 05:49:28 PM

Mighty mouse was indeed shit. The Magic Mouse seems really solid though. It's not quite worth giving up my Mamba for, but it's a good piece of kit.

As to the whole buying Mac hardware for gaming, I was all set to pull the trigger on a new iMac of Doom until folks started oohing and ahhhhing over nVidia's 3D stuff. I desperately need L4D2 in 3D. And probably some adult diapers.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 05:52:09 PM by Prospero »
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #81 on: March 12, 2010, 08:14:58 PM

What steam game are you trying to play w/ a trackpad?

I actually do have win 7 on a macbook pro and have been using it as my sole gaming machine for the last year or so.  Works great for everything on Steam.

Hell, I even use trackpad, in windows, to play civ 4 and armored princess.  Works splendidly.

Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #82 on: March 16, 2010, 10:12:08 AM

Quote from: MrHat link=topic=18815.msg777897#msg777897 date=1268453698
Hell, I even use trackpad, in windows, to play civ 4 and armored princess.  Works splendidly.
[/quote

Yeah, but you're a freak.

Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #83 on: May 11, 2010, 08:13:32 AM

Steam for Mac launches tomorrow!

Valve details Steam for Mac launch, includes Torchlight

As a new Mac owner, I'm all of this Steam for Mac May 12 release. Hey, that's tomorrow!

Valve has decided to detail the launch just prior to its release, including info on the first games to be available at launch. Folks playing the beta have already gotten to spend some time with Portal and Team Fortress 2 on the Mac. Now it's been confirmed that Runic Games' Torchlight will also be available when the digital distribution service launches for Mac tomorrow.

Good news for those who already purchased the game on their PC -- games like Portal, Team Fortress 2, and Torchlight will all support "Steam Play." That means if you bought the game, you now own it on two platforms. Awesome. There goes productivity.

beer geek.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #84 on: May 11, 2010, 08:24:45 AM

Awesome. There goes productivity.
"Luckily" my mini is a first gen Core Duo with shitball graphics, so the mac-compat steam stuff won't run, leading me not into temptation.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #85 on: May 11, 2010, 09:02:41 AM

Sweet!  They have three games already!

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #86 on: May 11, 2010, 09:42:15 AM

Torchlight would be pretty awesome on the iPad.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #87 on: May 12, 2010, 12:48:36 PM

naum
Terracotta Army

Reply #88 on: May 12, 2010, 01:21:07 PM

Sweet!  They have three games already!

I see 19^^63 now.

Granted, most are of the casual variety and dated, like Bejeweled, Diner Dash, Chuzzle, etc.…

…but yes, Torchlight, Portal and Football Manager (which already had a Mac version available) are also for choosing.

I understand that every Wednesday a new batch of Mac releases will be added.

Prospero
Terracotta Army

Reply #89 on: May 12, 2010, 01:32:45 PM

If you grab Steam today for the Mac they are throwing in Portal for free.
Prospero
Terracotta Army

Reply #90 on: May 13, 2010, 01:49:10 PM

Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Steam  |  Topic: New UI (Webkit Based)  
Jump to: