Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 01:12:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: alright, you n00bs: it's frigate gang time! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: alright, you n00bs: it's frigate gang time!  (Read 19755 times)
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #35 on: November 28, 2006, 06:12:26 AM

Yeah, was cool. I'll have some more cannon fodder for the next run for sure, I have some RL friends I'll get on TS and drag along.

I will also have some decent electronic gadgets for the next run, and a nasty frigate setup.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Chenghiz
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: November 28, 2006, 07:15:26 AM

Yeah, I'm going to try and drag some RL friends along as well. The gatecamp was fun - loading into the system with an overview of flashing red!
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: November 28, 2006, 11:04:55 AM

I wanted to come -- but spent my time working on a project instead. Plus, I didn't have the time, money, or skills to setup a jump clone wherever the hell you guys are.
dwindlehop
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: November 28, 2006, 11:44:56 AM

We'll do it again real soon. As soon as Transgaming updates Cedega so I can play Revelations, I'll plan another little jaunt. We absolutely must play with the new scanner and warp to 0.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: November 28, 2006, 12:51:43 PM

I wanted to come -- but spent my time working on a project instead. Plus, I didn't have the time, money, or skills to setup a jump clone wherever the hell you guys are.

I didn't set up a jump clone: I just went in with a head full of +2s and shit myself when we hit a gate camp as soon as we entered 0.0

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: November 28, 2006, 02:54:30 PM

I didn't set up a jump clone: I just went in with a head full of +2s and shit myself when we hit a gate camp as soon as we entered 0.0
I like my +2s. And my shiny Vex. I do want to try this crazy PvP thing, though. The worst I've had it was handling .4 and .5 rats in a Navitas and one of the Human Cattle missions (a bunch of Caldari Naval vessels. I lost two of my scout drones killing them. Didn't even get any decent loot, the tight-fisted bastards).
Chenghiz
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: November 28, 2006, 04:23:46 PM

I imagine with the character creation changes and some seed money it would be pretty trivial to get a PVP frigate setup on an alt.
Raging Turtle
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: November 28, 2006, 06:15:46 PM

Slight derail, but something I like even more is how easy it is to now make a HAULER alt  smiley
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: November 29, 2006, 11:24:13 AM

I imagine with the character creation changes and some seed money it would be pretty trivial to get a PVP frigate setup on an alt.
I was thinking much the same thing, actually.
WayAbvPar

Reply #44 on: November 29, 2006, 11:38:26 AM

Couldn't make this one, but will try to make one in the future. I can buy an interdictor if we want to set up our own bubble camp =)

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: December 01, 2006, 05:35:33 PM

So we gonna try this again with some more peeps? :)

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Chenghiz
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: December 01, 2006, 09:18:52 PM

Hells yeah. This time I can warp scramble/web.  Hello Kitty
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: December 02, 2006, 04:26:18 PM

And we'd only need 1 or 2 points, not 3-4!! (for scrambling)

- Viin
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: December 03, 2006, 03:03:05 PM

I was thinking of throwing together an alt for these things. Anything in particular you guys need? This would be a straight-out-of-creation type of alt, although hopefully I can get him some cash to buy a decent setup.
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: December 03, 2006, 03:59:18 PM

Anything combat oriented would be fine. You'd be able to shoot pretty well right out of the box, but you'd have to train the scrambling/webbing skills every PvP character should have. And ECM. :)

- Viin
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: December 03, 2006, 04:22:17 PM

Anything combat oriented would be fine. You'd be able to shoot pretty well right out of the box, but you'd have to train the scrambling/webbing skills every PvP character should have. And ECM. :)
My main is Gallente. What's a good change from that? :)
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: December 03, 2006, 05:57:13 PM

Amarr is probably the exact opposite of Gallente. I don't think it really matters much, you can have fun with all of them. :)

- Viin
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: December 03, 2006, 06:07:36 PM

Amarr is probably the exact opposite of Gallente. I don't think it really matters much, you can have fun with all of them. :)
I had a Mimnitar (or however it's spelled) all put together, and lost connection somehow when I went to check the name availability. Good skills, and enough in EW to tackle right out of the box. Which is good, given that I'm not sacrificing training time on my main for an alt.

I suppose I could just train Infomorph and try to understand jump clones, and just arrange for a Gallente frig or three kitted out for PvP out near you. Know any good systems in the area I could base out of? I'm way off in Gallente Empire (Verge Vendor) and haven't travelled too far afield.
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: December 03, 2006, 06:21:03 PM

I don't personally, but I'm sure someone who's familiar with Gallente space can chime in. Jump clones are a good thing, but you have to get 8 standing with the station's owning corp before you can install one - that means you gotta do some missions for them.

You could certainly come to Akora (or near by) - I think we are going to try to do some more gang PvP to get our feet wet .. we could even pvp against each other for practice if we wanted. (I don't mind piloting a throw away frigate or cruiser as a target for pvp practice).

- Viin
gimpyone
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: December 03, 2006, 09:15:11 PM

test server is a good place to practice
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: December 04, 2006, 10:00:02 AM

I don't personally, but I'm sure someone who's familiar with Gallente space can chime in. Jump clones are a good thing, but you have to get 8 standing with the station's owning corp before you can install one - that means you gotta do some missions for them.

You could certainly come to Akora (or near by) - I think we are going to try to do some more gang PvP to get our feet wet .. we could even pvp against each other for practice if we wanted. (I don't mind piloting a throw away frigate or cruiser as a target for pvp practice).
Is that for jumping out or jumping in? And can Empire stations handle jump clones? I don't mind making a long trek out to Akora, I just don't want to PvP with the implants I've got in my head -- not while learning.

I don't mind buying whatever the Gallente EW rig is (Maulus?) and just flying there (or my favorite Incursus) -- but I want to clear my head of implants before I come play. Wouldn't take me long to train up the jamming skills and such (a few hours, at most) and I've got good drones skills and decent gunnery skills, so that's a plus.

Main reason I want the experience is so I can recognize ships by sight and common tactics, in case I get jumped on my main.
dwindlehop
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: December 04, 2006, 10:51:17 AM

You don't have personal standing of 8 with any NPC corp unless you're grinding Level 4s. If you don't already have a jump clone, neither does your corp. Certain 0.0 alliances will let you install jumpclones for a fee, but depending upon the quality of your implants it might be cheaper to lose the impants once and buy them again. If you plan on dying a lot, then paying the 0.0 docking fee could be worthwhile. Also worth investigating is whether an empire corp will accept you as a member real quick to install some clones. That might be cheaper.

Patch notes for tomorrow have been updated. Missions are getting some content luv. And, joy of joys, "The EVE client will run on Linux using Cedega from Transgaming again. This resolves a post deployment issue." Looks like I will be ready to rock again after tomorrow.
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: December 04, 2006, 11:03:31 AM

Crud. Weren't there some changes to standings required for jump clones in the last patch?

How difficult is it to give money to an alt -- a straight up "Same account" alt? I might build another Gallente alt (Drone/EW) and practice with that. My implants aren't worth that much (I think my best one is only worth about 4 mil on the market), but replacing them is a major pain.
WayAbvPar

Reply #58 on: December 04, 2006, 11:07:47 AM

All you have to do to give them money is look them up in People and places, then right click on their pic. It is extremely simple. Long gone are the old UO days of hiding a backpack full of goodies under some brush and logging the new character on to race over to pick it up before it decayed or was found by another player  :-D

As for the jump clone change- I think it used to require 8.0+ standings for both the individual AND his corp; now you just need one or the other.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
dwindlehop
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: December 04, 2006, 11:08:38 AM

Yes, used to be required 8 standing of both your corp and yourself, which was damn near impossible to do for NPC stations. After Revelations, you only need 8 standing on either your corp or yourself, which is why an empire mission runner corp might be able to hook you up at a reasonable price. It's a new market, though.

Alts can get escrow stuff trivially, I assume the same still holds true for contracts. The only restriction was on trial account characters.

Griffin is the nasty ECM frigate. Maulus is a sensor dampener frig. After the EW changes, ECM on a Maulus isn't as awesome as it used to be, but it's still pretty damn good.

Edit: fix links.
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: December 04, 2006, 11:15:00 AM

Yes, used to be required 8 standing of both your corp and yourself, which was damn near impossible to do for NPC stations. After Revelations, you only need 8 standing on either your corp or yourself, which is why an empire mission runner corp might be able to hook you up at a reasonable price. It's a new market, though.

Alts can get escrow stuff trivially, I assume the same still holds true for contracts. The only restriction was on trial account characters.

Griffin is the nasty ECM frigate. Maulus is a sensor dampener frig. After the EW changes, ECM on a Maulus isn't as awesome as it used to be, but it's still pretty damn good.

Edit: fix links.
Okay, thanks. . It'll be awhile before I have 8.0 standing with an NPC corp -- I'll have to check and see if I'm even remotely close with anyone, but I doubt it. So I'll probably just put together a Caldari or another Gallente, give them a few million ISK and fly them out into your neck of the woods. I need to check out the Minmitar ECM frig, though.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: December 04, 2006, 11:18:29 AM

My 0.0 alliance is near a station, with the standard cost of 100k for the clone.

The key is also, to train to Infomatic Psych or whatever to level 2 so that you create the 0.0 clone, then fly your implanted ass to high sec. Go to any medical term and then Jump your clone to low sec. It leaves a clone there even if you do not have the standings, along with your implants. Can only jump once every 24, but its a great way to head to PVP land for the weekend without your implants in.

WayAbvPar

Reply #62 on: December 04, 2006, 11:18:50 AM

I think my highest standing is like 4.0 or something- just barely high enough for level 4 missions. Which would be great for standing bumps if I could finish half of them solo.  angry

Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: December 04, 2006, 11:36:40 AM

My 0.0 alliance is near a station, with the standard cost of 100k for the clone.

The key is also, to train to Infomatic Psych or whatever to level 2 so that you create the 0.0 clone, then fly your implanted ass to high sec. Go to any medical term and then Jump your clone to low sec. It leaves a clone there even if you do not have the standings, along with your implants. Can only jump once every 24, but its a great way to head to PVP land for the weekend without your implants in.
Hmm. Is that 100k for anyone, or just alliance members?

But the bit about dropping the clone in low-sec, then hightailing my implant-filled head to Empire and jumping from there was more or less "The Plan".
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: December 04, 2006, 12:51:28 PM

Its 100k everywhere ive ever been... so im not sure...

Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: December 04, 2006, 01:09:12 PM

Its 100k everywhere ive ever been... so im not sure...
Once I've got Infomorph trained up a bit, I might buy a frig and head down that way to install a jump clone. Take a shuttle back, I guess. :)
dwindlehop
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: December 06, 2006, 01:07:09 PM

http://myeve.eve-online.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=301962

One empire jumpclone service (15M for main, 7.5M for alts). I'm sure there must be others.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2006, 01:24:19 PM by dwindlehop »
gimpyone
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: December 06, 2006, 02:57:13 PM

Ca'adwin is ready to play  evil
hal
Terracotta Army

Damn kids, get off my lawn!

Reply #68 on: December 06, 2006, 05:31:04 PM

OOOHHH I am intrigued!!

I started with nothing, and I still have most of it

I'm not a complete idiot... Some parts are still on backorder.
Chenghiz
Terracotta Army

Reply #69 on: December 07, 2006, 01:27:30 AM

We should totally do this again this weekend. But we need a non-evenoob to run the show!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: alright, you n00bs: it's frigate gang time!  
Jump to: