Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 02:06:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Attention new members 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Attention new members  (Read 23179 times)
tgr
Terracotta Army

Just another victim of cyber age discrimination.

Reply #70 on: February 12, 2010, 02:41:45 PM

swamp poop

Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home.
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #71 on: February 12, 2010, 02:47:09 PM

Looks at DNA pool, opens zip.

You may be too late - from the quality of posts it looks like someone already took a dump in the gene pool.

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
palmer_eldritch
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: February 12, 2010, 02:53:11 PM

With the loss of the Loveu forums on goonfleet dot com, we've got a bunch of non-f13 members signing up here to come along for the ride wherever we end up.  F13 is a pretty chill forum, and you'll never get trolled as hard as you would on goonfleet for being a horrible poster.

However, you'll find yourself banned pretty fucking quick for being a horrible poster, especially if you venture outside of this subforum.  Heres a few quick tips to keep your account:

1) Proper grammar, spelling, and capitalization.  It's a big fucking deal here, read a few threads, and you'll notice that most every poster on F13 possesses at the very least the grammatical abilities of a high school graduate who actually paid attention in english class.

2) Annoying fucking signatures.  Not tolerated.  A line or two, maybe a funny quote? Great.  Big ass pictures, long quotes, or other annoying (or NSFW) shit - get out.

3) Proper grammar, spelling, and capitalization.  Seriously, spellcheck motherfuckers.

4) Being an idiot, mostly outside of this forum.  Those of you that know me may think "Fuck, that Nerf guy is kind of an asshole."  Schild wrote the book on asshole, if the man possessed a machine that allowed him to stab people in the face over the internet we would all be dead right now.  Fortunately, he can only ban you, which he will do really fucking quick.

5) The politics forum.  Stay out of it, nothing good comes from posting in politics, this is a gaming forum, it's only there as a trap and to give people a few laughs and reasons to never ask me to watch their children.

6) Anything else that doesn't pass the "Is this dumb?" test.  Necroing 2 year old threads to quote someone and say 'lol', emptyquoting shit, posting +1, etc, etc.  F13 is a chill community because our mods are literally hitler.  Literally.

Aside from that, welcome, and get out.

For those that don’t know, Predator and other directors are in talks with various alliances to see what our options are regarding finding a new 0.0 home.

A number of us are messing around in a wormhole, finding out what this part of the game has to offer and how we can use it to profit the corp (and ourselves).

There have been some ops in Empire to blow up people’s spaceships when they weren’t expecting it.

A lot of organising and discussion currently goes on in corp-chat, in the game itself.

And anyone who is not a member but is considering flying with us can join the public f13 channel in-game and come and say hello.
Trigona
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: February 12, 2010, 04:39:23 PM

Shiva is a very relaxed corp in MM.  They are PvP focussed but are a great group to fly with.  I know that they are recruiting but as with all well run established 0.0 corps you need to be sponsored by an existing member.

Here is my shiity plan.  Merge LOVEU into Shiva.  This means that existing LOVEU officers will lose their roles and will become ordinary members.  If people can get over the blow to the ego think of the advantages.  You get based in one of the most defendable regions of 0.0 - Tribute.  You are part of the NC, which is organised and professional.  You will be fighting against your enemies, cause sure as shit, IT et al are going to try and crush the NC.  You get to have fun rather than worry about POS stuff etc.

People who long for officer roles, will over time, be given responsibilities and will 'rise to the top' through dint of their talent.  Shiva gains by getting some kick arse players - this seems to be a win win.  In some ways perhaps it is time for LOVEU to close with the end of goonswarm and begin a new chapter in its glorious history.

I'm not playing Eve, rl has prevented me finding the necessary time for this game - but think that this is a good way forward for you guys.  Pyrochemist, Ur kahanu or the CEO  Zedone are who you should convo.
Predator Irl
Terracotta Army

Reply #74 on: February 12, 2010, 05:28:36 PM

Shiva is a very relaxed corp in MM.  They are PvP focussed but are a great group to fly with.  I know that they are recruiting but as with all well run established 0.0 corps you need to be sponsored by an existing member.

Here is my shiity plan.  Merge LOVEU into Shiva.  This means that existing LOVEU officers will lose their roles and will become ordinary members.  If people can get over the blow to the ego think of the advantages.  You get based in one of the most defendable regions of 0.0 - Tribute.  You are part of the NC, which is organised and professional.  You will be fighting against your enemies, cause sure as shit, IT et al are going to try and crush the NC.  You get to have fun rather than worry about POS stuff etc.

People who long for officer roles, will over time, be given responsibilities and will 'rise to the top' through dint of their talent.  Shiva gains by getting some kick arse players - this seems to be a win win.  In some ways perhaps it is time for LOVEU to close with the end of goonswarm and begin a new chapter in its glorious history.

I'm not playing Eve, rl has prevented me finding the necessary time for this game - but think that this is a good way forward for you guys.  Pyrochemist, Ur kahanu or the CEO  Zedone are who you should convo.

Go back to bed man, we have it all wrapped up  awesome, for real

Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one!
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: February 12, 2010, 06:30:29 PM

Shiva's a good corp.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #76 on: February 12, 2010, 07:00:36 PM

must be an Endie alt corp. why so serious?
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #77 on: February 12, 2010, 08:06:28 PM

Shiva's a good corp.

Shiva is one of the corps I always respected via fighting. If there were an MM corp I'd want to join, it would be them.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #78 on: February 13, 2010, 01:33:33 AM

Shiva is one of the corps I always respected via fighting. If there were an MM corp I'd want to join, it would be them.

I get the impression you scouted their freighters and just want to make it easier to suicide both profitable and laughable targets.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #79 on: February 13, 2010, 03:00:41 AM

Shiva are a good corp to consider a merger with.

Hic sunt dracones.
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #80 on: February 13, 2010, 05:07:12 AM

Trigona have you any idea if Shiva would be interested in this idea? Sounds interesting enough.

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #81 on: February 13, 2010, 11:01:08 AM

Does anyone have a direct relationship with Shiva?

I assume this would have to happen through some preexisting channel of communication.

Shiva is only about twice our size, so a merger would be a significant risk for them.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Trigona
Terracotta Army

Reply #82 on: February 13, 2010, 12:06:20 PM

My name ingame was Folikar, when I left in January I'd been asked to become a recruiting officer for Shiva. 

It wouldn't so much be being having someone to vouch for you, Shiva leadership would have to like the idea.  The good thing is the LOVEU are very well known so they'll either like the idea or hate it. 

About a year ago Shiva's ex CEO Fluff left the corp and took and number of people with him.  Unless you want to recruit a number of spies you have to recruit slowly and carefully, this is one way for Shiva to get a boost of numbers with quality people and get back to it's previous preeminence within MM.  A merger is always difficult because you have to convince people to put aside their own ambitions and traditions etc which is why it doesn't happen very often, but a merger like this has lots of benefits for both sides.

I realize that LOVEU leadership has lots of options, one of my friends in game and rl is a senior member of Hirr, I'll ask him what he thinks.  Hirr is currently the best PvP corp in Shiva.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #83 on: February 13, 2010, 05:05:20 PM

I certainly would not be against a merger, esp with quality people like Shiva. Its certainly an interesting idea.

Hic sunt dracones.
Predator Irl
Terracotta Army

Reply #84 on: February 14, 2010, 04:17:08 AM

Is this the lick Morsus Mihi balls in public thread?

Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one!
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #85 on: February 14, 2010, 05:05:05 AM

Drunk posting, best posting  swamp poop

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #86 on: February 14, 2010, 06:28:00 AM

Well I heard KOTF FLUFF or whatever left Shiva taking some guys with him, those were some of the dudes I remember having fights with in m-o / p3

I imagine it is still a good corp. MM has always been the top of the NC in my book. Been a while since I've been in the north, though.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
silenus
Terracotta Army

Reply #87 on: February 15, 2010, 02:05:14 PM

Greetings:

Friend of s3v3n7's here, I am reactivating.
RazorJax
Terracotta Army

Reply #88 on: February 15, 2010, 02:25:19 PM

Greetings:

Friend of s3v3n7's here, I am reactivating.

same as him, although i know him as Slayerik.

Reactivated a week or so ago, joined some sucky ass corp that talks more than doing.

I play to kill shit, if you want PVE go play Sudoku.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Attention new members  
Jump to: