Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 05:55:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Attention new members 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Attention new members  (Read 23175 times)
Nerf
Terracotta Army

The Presence of Your Vehicle Has Been Documented

on: February 05, 2010, 10:47:48 PM

With the loss of the Loveu forums on goonfleet dot com, we've got a bunch of non-f13 members signing up here to come along for the ride wherever we end up.  F13 is a pretty chill forum, and you'll never get trolled as hard as you would on goonfleet for being a horrible poster.

However, you'll find yourself banned pretty fucking quick for being a horrible poster, especially if you venture outside of this subforum.  Heres a few quick tips to keep your account:

1) Proper grammar, spelling, and capitalization.  It's a big fucking deal here, read a few threads, and you'll notice that most every poster on F13 possesses at the very least the grammatical abilities of a high school graduate who actually paid attention in english class.

2) Annoying fucking signatures.  Not tolerated.  A line or two, maybe a funny quote? Great.  Big ass pictures, long quotes, or other annoying (or NSFW) shit - get out.

3) Proper grammar, spelling, and capitalization.  Seriously, spellcheck motherfuckers.

4) Being an idiot, mostly outside of this forum.  Those of you that know me may think "Fuck, that Nerf guy is kind of an asshole."  Schild wrote the book on asshole, if the man possessed a machine that allowed him to stab people in the face over the internet we would all be dead right now.  Fortunately, he can only ban you, which he will do really fucking quick.

5) The politics forum.  Stay out of it, nothing good comes from posting in politics, this is a gaming forum, it's only there as a trap and to give people a few laughs and reasons to never ask me to watch their children.

6) Anything else that doesn't pass the "Is this dumb?" test.  Necroing 2 year old threads to quote someone and say 'lol', emptyquoting shit, posting +1, etc, etc.  F13 is a chill community because our mods are literally hitler.  Literally.

Aside from that, welcome, and get out.
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: February 05, 2010, 10:56:55 PM

Man, why did you have to go and warn them? It was going to be so much fun. awesome, for real

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Vaiti
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: February 05, 2010, 11:13:19 PM

thx nerfy

i jus wanna start this pst by saiyan i am glad u are r ceo still and i look forward to follow u into bright fiutre
 swamp poop swamp poop swamp poop swamp poop Beating a Dead Horse

e: forgot to add emoticons, these are awesdom

- Caern Robillard, #1 fan of Nerf and pizza lover extraordinaire

EvE: Caern Robillard | Cua D'Mon
Steam Profile
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: February 05, 2010, 11:14:46 PM

thx nerfy

i jus wanna start this pst by saiyan i am glad u are r ceo still and i look forward to follow u into bright fiutre

- Caern Robillard, #1 fan of Nerf and pizza lover extraordinaire

Hehe, Even joking that's risky around here. why so serious?

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Vaiti
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: February 05, 2010, 11:17:42 PM

I'm a risk taker, what can I say.

Maybe I can finally start posting here now rather than just lurking the shadows like I have the last year.
Posting on forums has always been an art form that somewhat alluded me.

Steam Profile
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: February 05, 2010, 11:20:30 PM

I'm a risk taker, what can I say.

Maybe I can finally start posting here now rather than just lurking the shadows like I have the last year.
Posting on forums has always been an art form that somewhat alluded me.

Post away here man, long as you follow Nerf's sage wisdom, you will be fine.

Vaiti
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: February 05, 2010, 11:25:35 PM

I'm sure I'll find a way to fuck up while staying within the guidelines Nerf laid out.

Always been pretty spiffy when it came to find new ways of doing things.

That pesky '08 join data is going to get in the way some. At least I have a low post count!

Steam Profile
schild
Administrator

Reply #7 on: February 05, 2010, 11:32:48 PM

Also I delete people if I don't like the vibe I get from a username. He left that one off. And yes, I'll do so before you even post.

Edit: I'll also do so for your email address, like the guy that just signed up with a sify.com email address.
TripleDES
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: February 06, 2010, 04:11:37 AM

I claim that you're bad at what you're doing, because you clearly failed to ban Jade Constantin before walling all text!  why so serious?

EVE (inactive): Deakin Frost -- APB (fukken dead): Kayleigh (on Patriot).
Nope
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: February 06, 2010, 06:35:59 AM

Also I delete people if I don't like the vibe I get from a username. He left that one off. And yes, I'll do so before you even post.

Edit: I'll also do so for your email address, like the guy that just signed up with a sify.com email address.

^ I completely support a sify.com apartheid.
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: February 06, 2010, 08:12:49 AM

^ I completely support a sify.com apartheid.

What is sify.com? Not going to google it if its damage is irriversable.

TripleDES
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: February 06, 2010, 10:57:27 AM

How the fuck did you miss the rebranding of the SciFi channel?

Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: February 06, 2010, 11:22:57 AM

Some of us do not watch television very much?  I have known about it for a little while now.  What idiots.
Jayce
Terracotta Army

Diluted Fool

Reply #13 on: February 06, 2010, 11:24:38 AM

Um... sify.com is an Indian news site.  I think you folks are thinking syfy.com

Witty banter not included.
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: February 06, 2010, 11:26:29 AM

I do not watch that either!
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #15 on: February 06, 2010, 11:46:01 AM

I claim that you're bad at what you're doing, because you clearly failed to ban Jade Constantin before walling all text!  why so serious?

That was one of the best weeks of f13 ever would have sucked if Jade was banned before the lulz were extracted.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Maniakki
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: February 06, 2010, 12:56:16 PM

Yes massa, we go back to the cotton fields.
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: February 06, 2010, 02:06:59 PM

You're right Hoax. Also proves how truly tolerant these boards are that Jade lasted as long he did.

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #18 on: February 06, 2010, 02:10:09 PM

Or at least how infrequently Schild turns his eye to this subforum.
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #19 on: February 06, 2010, 02:12:22 PM

Schild was in on the first page of that thread. He was one of the main people calling Jade a nutbar.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #20 on: February 06, 2010, 02:18:26 PM

I stand corrected.

Edit: But I'm still right, he doesn't read this part of f13 very often.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #21 on: February 06, 2010, 02:19:14 PM

I'm always frightened by how much of f13 Schild has read, anyways welcome to all the new eve people I love eve people just lurk a bit and get a feel for the posting around here before you start running around creating threads.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: February 06, 2010, 02:21:19 PM

You make it sound so I dunno, cultish or something.

Here come the "Eve people" run for the house and lock all your doors.

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #23 on: February 06, 2010, 02:25:14 PM

However, you'll find yourself banned pretty fucking quick for being a horrible poster, especially if you venture outside of this subforum.

(... stuff ...)

God help you if you shit up even this subforum. More than it already is.

Nerf, you'd better not make me thankful for the liter of brandy sitting on the opposite corner of my desk.
schild
Administrator

Reply #24 on: February 06, 2010, 02:33:09 PM

I read every part of f13 every day.
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #25 on: February 06, 2010, 02:57:17 PM

Wait, Jade Constantine the shit-talking space tranny showed up and got banned? I totally missed this. Link plox.

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: February 06, 2010, 03:06:28 PM

If I remember correctly he nuked all of his own posts before leaving so we were deprived of what would have been a treasured archive of funny.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: February 06, 2010, 03:08:18 PM

Wait, Jade Constantine the shit-talking space tranny showed up and got banned? I totally missed this. Link plox.

http://forums.f13.net/index.php?topic=13084.0

He replaced all his posts with WALLOFTEXT but the funny starts on Page 3 regardless.

Hic sunt dracones.
Yoru

Reply #28 on: February 06, 2010, 03:10:14 PM

This happened like two years ago. It starts here. His original posts have all been edited to read "WALL OF TEXT" (thus eternally preserving his grief username: Winger Dickgirl BUT HE'S CIVILIZED) but there's still some funny left in quotes, particularly once the Supreme Leader got involved.

... Well shit, Sir T dug it out first.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: February 06, 2010, 03:12:51 PM

My search-fu is superior.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Hic sunt dracones.
Yoru

Reply #30 on: February 06, 2010, 03:14:35 PM

I was trying to find where Eric got involved, because that's where the real fun begins.

It's the bottom of page 6. Begins in earnest from Schild's first post and spirals into a tempest of laughter.
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #31 on: February 06, 2010, 03:32:02 PM

Oh man, totally worth the read once Schild went to work.  awesome, for real

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #32 on: February 06, 2010, 03:49:26 PM

We should form a rival cybersex corp to Jade's Gallente one. We could roleplay ladyboys and call ourselves Baht Country.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: February 06, 2010, 03:52:22 PM

That thread delivered.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
TripleDES
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: February 06, 2010, 03:55:00 PM

That was one of the best weeks of f13 ever would have sucked if Jade was banned before the lulz were extracted.
I wish we'd have been banned just before editing all of his posts, not before.

Um... sify.com is an Indian news site.  I think you folks are thinking syfy.com
Oh shit, I read it wrong Facepalm
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 03:58:38 PM by TripleDES »

Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Attention new members  
Jump to: