Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 11:10:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Quantum Rise on Tuesday - Mandatory "Set Long Skills" post 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Quantum Rise on Tuesday - Mandatory "Set Long Skills" post  (Read 18267 times)
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #70 on: November 11, 2008, 10:30:37 AM

By the way, did anyone spot this gem in the patchnotes?

The agent Yuata Ishodaki, who was located at Notoras II - Lai Dai Protection Service Assembly Plant, has been moved and is now located in the station Sarenemi V - Home Guard Assembly Plant. Lai Dai didn’t want that Agent anyway.
  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Heh nice find, someone with a sense of humour writing up patch notes promote him immediately.

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
Jayce
Terracotta Army

Diluted Fool

Reply #71 on: November 11, 2008, 10:42:14 AM

US holiday, hey lets make sure the servers are down :P

There's a US holiday today?

Witty banter not included.
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: November 11, 2008, 10:46:42 AM

There's a US holiday today?

Veteran's Day, most people don't have off work for it.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: November 11, 2008, 10:58:56 AM

By the way, did anyone spot this gem in the patchnotes?

The agent Yuata Ishodaki, who was located at Notoras II - Lai Dai Protection Service Assembly Plant, has been moved and is now located in the station Sarenemi V - Home Guard Assembly Plant. Lai Dai didn’t want that Agent anyway.
  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Heh nice find, someone with a sense of humour writing up patch notes promote him immediately.

The one on snakes is pretty good too :

"We unplugged your Snakes so you can sell them for a fraction of their initial price to some noob."
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #74 on: November 11, 2008, 11:05:05 AM

Hah that's good, I been going around thisl week telling pilots to collect the insurance on their Vagas cause they'll be worth less after the patch.

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: November 11, 2008, 11:10:33 AM

From the Behind the Scenes video. Eom Apocalypse ship model on the guy's shelf, not available in the EVE Store.

edit: way too many typos for one simple sentence.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2008, 12:19:18 PM by Gets »
WayAbvPar

Reply #76 on: November 11, 2008, 11:13:49 AM

Patch Notes

Warp scramblers now affect MWDs too? Another notch in the ganker's belt, apparently. That seems WAY too powerful for a 10k isk mod.

I am still re-learning how the game is played, so someone else please explain what else I need to be enraged about, and what changes are for the good  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #77 on: November 11, 2008, 11:22:28 AM

Patch Notes

Warp scramblers now affect MWDs too? Another notch in the ganker's belt, apparently. That seems WAY too powerful for a 10k isk mod.

I am still re-learning how the game is played, so someone else please explain what else I need to be enraged about, and what changes are for the good  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
It's warp scramblers only - 7.5k range, massive cap drain downsides - and not warp disruptors. Mostly it balances MWDs vs ABs, now both are viable options rather than the MWD being the automatic choice for any PvP ship.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #78 on: November 11, 2008, 11:26:18 AM

Patch Notes

This is what i wrote regarding the changes when someone was talking about whether or not it was too severe. I think it holds true here as well

"Regarding new missile balance? I have no clue, the changes are too many and too large to accurately predict based on sisi testing as to how it will play out and whether or not any single change is too much or too little.

I like that afterburners have more of a place in combat, especially on "defensive" ships such as med range cruisers/frigates. I like that webs are no longer "on/off" switches for speed. I like that speed is now damage reduction rather than damage avoidance. I like that there is more an emphasis on flying your ship and that blaster ships no longer get to sit at 500m and blow things into oblivion. I like that locus rigs finally got fixed. I like that 2 meds can make a competent tackler.

But i don't know whether or not its too much."

Also, IainC, scramblers have the low cap use
Jayce
Terracotta Army

Diluted Fool

Reply #79 on: November 11, 2008, 12:19:42 PM

Interesting, do bubbles affect MWD too?

At least warp scramblers have some use now.  Before they were just the junior cousin of warp disruptors that no one wanted because they do the same thing with 13k less range.

Witty banter not included.
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #80 on: November 11, 2008, 12:45:56 PM

T1 scram 7.5km T2 scram 9km, for posterity.

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #81 on: November 11, 2008, 12:48:31 PM

Well, they did suck but they were 2 points instead of one, less cap use, and like 12 less CPU use. Nice for that 2nd week frigate noob that was hurting for CPU/Cap after equipping his first MWD!

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #82 on: November 11, 2008, 06:10:23 PM

They were good back when more fit WCS, you could catch stabbed haulers and such.  CCP did nothing with them when WCS got changed and that was the problem.  I am not sure about speeds after the patch, time will tell.
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #83 on: November 12, 2008, 05:29:00 AM

Time to find out if holding onto 3 True Sansha Warp Scramblers since Providence was worth it.  11km range and 3 warp scramble strength.  awesome, for real

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Quantum Rise on Tuesday - Mandatory "Set Long Skills" post  
Jump to: