Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 09:37:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Sunday Pew Pew - Mad Props Dispensed for Bringing It 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sunday Pew Pew - Mad Props Dispensed for Bringing It  (Read 22694 times)
Vedi
Terracotta Army

Reply #70 on: December 16, 2007, 02:29:23 PM

Victim number two:

2007.12.16 22:43:00

Victim: PantrashMoFo
Alliance: RAZOR Alliance
Corp: GALAXIAN
Destroyed: Thrasher
System: M-OEE8
Security: 0.0
Damage Taken: 2535

Involved parties:

Name: Vedi (laid the final blow)
Security: 2.8
Alliance: NONE
Corp: Link Death
Ship: Thorax
Weapon: Heavy Ion Blaster II
Damage Done: 2163

Name: Dirty Mick
Security: 0.0
Corp: Republic Military School
Ship: Rifter
Weapon: Rifter
Damage Done: 224

Name: Bhodii
Security: -0.3
Corp: F13
Ship: Blackbird
Weapon: Bloodclaw Light Missile
Damage Done: 148

Destroyed items:

Power Diagnostic System I
Small Hull Repairer I (Cargo)
Iron Charge S, Qty: 100 (Cargo)
Small Energy Neutralizer I, Qty: 2 (Cargo)
Small Energy Transfer Array I (Cargo)
280mm 'Scout' Artillery I, Qty: 3
Small Capacitor Battery I (Cargo)
Uranium Charge S, Qty: 120 (Cargo)
280mm Howitzer Artillery I, Qty: 2
Sabretooth Light Missile, Qty: 25
Small Brief Capacitor Overcharge I (Cargo)
Titanium Sabot S, Qty: 66

Dropped items:

Warp Disruptor II
Titanium Sabot S, Qty: 1745 (Cargo)
Small Shield Booster I (Cargo)
Small Nosferatu I (Cargo)
'Malkuth' Standard Missile Launcher I
1MN MicroWarpdrive II
125mm Railgun I, Qty: 2 (Cargo)
Scan Resolution
Sensor Booster II
Small Shield Extender I (Cargo)
Bloodclaw Light Missile, Qty: 117 (Cargo)
280mm Howitzer Artillery I, Qty: 2
Micro Auxiliary Power Core I
Titanium Sabot S, Qty: 25
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #71 on: December 16, 2007, 02:38:22 PM

I learn about sentry guns at gates and aggression timers!
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: December 16, 2007, 02:58:39 PM

Ouch.

Anyway, here is some chatlog from the gatecamp we attacked, as they gank someone else beforehand:

Maldak Vrajakstopovitch > STOP
Maldak Vrajakstopovitch > WTF ?
Maldak Vrajakstopovitch > leave me alone man !!!
Kaitaan > nbsi sry man
Fumaster > guys
Maldak Vrajakstopovitch > wtf
Fumaster > im losed
Maldak Vrajakstopovitch > stop
Maldak Vrajakstopovitch > man its my only ship
Maldak Vrajakstopovitch > i have no money
Maldak Vrajakstopovitch > plz
Fumaster > can somone help me
Mapagepka > ;)))
Maldak Vrajakstopovitch > AH FOR FUCK SAKE !!

Maldak, we avenged ye.

Oh, and nice work Slayerik.  That was brilliant fun and I hope you run some more.  I think it helped once you realised we were all completely relaxed about dying  awesome, for real  We got kills, which was great.  I also enjoyed it once I got to pretend to be an FC and call primaries and stuff at the end.

Who was the genius with the scanner who got us the vexxor (and nearly a caracal, too)?
« Last Edit: December 16, 2007, 03:03:42 PM by Endie »

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #73 on: December 16, 2007, 03:06:56 PM

* bhodi raises hand.

I'm glad those 10 minutes of scanner training paid off!
Vedi
Terracotta Army

Reply #74 on: December 16, 2007, 03:18:05 PM

That was great!

I'd be happy to lose more ships at a later date. Thanks to Slayerik for setting it up!

I have to say, the Thorax/Blackbird/Scrambler-combo worked well! It's a bit annoying that we didn't get that Cerb - he was going down fairly fast by the end, but there's no tank on the Thorax so once he started pounding me, I went down much faster :P.

What actually happened there, did he target someone else first or did Bhodi keep him jammed ? I MWD'ed like 60 KM at 1.3 km/s in peace there.

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #75 on: December 16, 2007, 03:32:45 PM

That was a lot of fun, thanks for hangin in there as im not too experienced at running gangs.

Basically, worst move....Me jumping unscouted into EC- (next time i wont tie one on before it)

Best Move - bhodi MVP scan of the vexor (almost had his caracal buddy too).

Most entertaining - Watching the Raven beg for his life.

In all there were things we could have done better, but obviously it was just a good ole time. I look forward to the next one....Speaking of which...maybe throw out some preferred times during the week.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #76 on: December 16, 2007, 04:09:31 PM

Tuesday and Wednesday nights both work for me until I start classes again in a month or so.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #77 on: December 16, 2007, 04:21:24 PM

Slay, if the FC's worst move is getting himself ganked, then the op is a massive success!  I've been on ops where the FC gets himself ganked in a mothership and everyone dies hilariously.  Scouting in a myrmidon is nothing in comparison :)  It was partly my fault, too: I should have brought up an alt to scout, but got caught up in the 5-N pos defence op.

Fact is, we wanted fights and you got us not one but three, and kills to boot.  Nice work.

Next time, i think I'll fit rails: the time I spent mwding around to reach people running away meant I lost all the advantage from the blasters.  I loved the gallente drones, though.

That said, I have a covops character (currently lapsed and training caldari cruisers V) that I could bring next time.  With her setting up warpins and scanning down ratters, blasters are way better, and I can scan down targets in belts inside 40 seconds.

I have to agree on Bhodi being MVP: jamming that cerb out of the first fight on the gate (like Vedi, I went almost 100km keeping drones in range on mwd and he could do nothing), and getting the scan for the vexxor.  Bhodi, you are a Natural Born Killer.

I have to ask, though, what the vexxor and caracal were doing ratting in a 0.0/empire gateway system, with only six or so belts, in belt 1 at 0km, a bazillion miles from KOS space, anyway?!?

Edit: And Wednesday nights are good for me too, but I imagine I'll be going to bed too early for all you US types.  0130 Eve Time on Thursdays at the latest would be logoff time for me.

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #78 on: December 16, 2007, 04:25:37 PM

That was great!

What actually happened there, did he target someone else first or did Bhodi keep him jammed ? I MWD'ed like 60 KM at 1.3 km/s in peace there.
I jammed the cereb and warped away since his one volley took my entire shield down so I only got one jam cycle on him. By time I warped back it was pretty much all over; We fiddled around with him the second time and I was primary again -- same thing.

Monday+weds are best; I'll generally be home around 8 EST on tues and thurs is completely out.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #79 on: December 16, 2007, 04:35:12 PM

I jammed the cereb and warped away since his one volley took my entire shield down so I only got one jam cycle on him... We fiddled around with him the second time and I was primary again -- same thing.

Welcome to ewar.  Its effectiveness is reflected in your priority as a target, but then everyone on your side values you correspondingly.

And that is why i suggested a plate!

Twitter - Endieposts

Vedi
Terracotta Army

Reply #80 on: December 16, 2007, 04:36:00 PM

Yeah, props to Bhodi!

I am also on euro time, and must be off even earlier than Endie, usually. Let's say 01.00 Eve time at the latest. Any day is (generally) possible before this time, though.

Could we perhaps keep the Sunday timeslot? I imagine it'll be hard to get the Euro and US people all together on weekdays.
Sparky
Terracotta Army

Reply #81 on: December 16, 2007, 05:27:30 PM

That was cool, I'm a bit embarrased dying in my own bubble on the cerb when I could've got away easy by burning out further before trying to find somewhere to align.  Great job everyone else though!
Drogo
Terracotta Army

Reply #82 on: December 16, 2007, 06:03:10 PM

I had a great time. I got point on someone in the first camp we attacked and then got owned and podded as my screen froze. After that it was a lot of searching around for fights before we suicided into an 0.0 gate camp. I had loads of fun though. I am available most nights U. S. time, but I think Sundays at that time are great for getting the U.S. and Euros together. I hope we do it again. Today confirmed me to at least pay for a month even though I still detest the developers of EvE. Props to Slayerik, Bhodi and the guy who took over when Slayer left I think it was Dirty Mick or something. You all did a great job.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #83 on: December 17, 2007, 01:56:17 AM

I had a great time. I got point on someone in the first camp we attacked and then got owned and podded as my screen froze ... Props to Slayerik, Bhodi and the guy who took over when Slayer left I think it was Dirty Mick or something. You all did a great job.

If you mean who took over primary-calling and marshalling our glorious retreat after slay had to warp then that was me.  If you mean that it actually went on afterwards then I am jealous.

The strange thing about calling primaries is that I found it far more nerve-wracking in that small-gang, just-for-lulz atmosphere than i did the only previous time, which was in D2 in a 200-per-side fleet fight (the FCs didn't have grid loaded so I called for a short time).  In fleet actions your overview is set up so as to dictate the order of primaries, and the rules on who to shoot, at what range and transversal are pretty clear.  Also, you're zoomed right out in them so there's not much distraction.

Twitter - Endieposts

Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #84 on: December 17, 2007, 07:31:30 AM

I'd be all over this if we had gimmick names like "Starbuck", "Apollo" and "Boxy"

Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #85 on: December 17, 2007, 07:56:45 AM

I'd be all over this if we had gimmick names like "Starbuck", "Apollo" and "Boxy"

I happen to think that The Groundskeeper is pretty damn cool, actually  Shaking fist

Twitter - Endieposts

Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #86 on: December 17, 2007, 11:01:39 AM

Did anyone get podded? I don't mind stripping my vexxor down to cheaper stuff (pulling off my T2 mission stuff), but I've got implants I can't be arsed to replace and I'm not set up for a jump clone at this point.
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #87 on: December 17, 2007, 11:27:16 AM

5 of us wandered around for a few hours under Dirty Mick, eventually at the end of the night we were so far from home we all just suicided into the nearest 0.0 bubblecamp. We all got podded deliberately and bounced back to the torrino-area and went home. I don't think that counts, though.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #88 on: December 17, 2007, 11:41:39 AM

Did anyone get podded? I don't mind stripping my vexxor down to cheaper stuff (pulling off my T2 mission stuff), but I've got implants I can't be arsed to replace and I'm not set up for a jump clone at this point.

I made a combat character...you can get a Minmatar with frig 4, Gunnery 5, small projectile 5, some decent Navigation skills all from character creation and never have to worry about implants. I'll train her up to about 1 mil SP from the 800k she started with and basically use her a just a fun little tackler bitch :)

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #89 on: December 17, 2007, 12:46:00 PM

I made a combat character...you can get a Minmatar with frig 4, Gunnery 5, small projectile 5, some decent Navigation skills all from character creation and never have to worry about implants. I'll train her up to about 1 mil SP from the 800k she started with and basically use her a just a fun little tackler bitch :)
I thought about that, but I really want the practice with my Vex and evil drones. Which means either leaving my corp (to set up a clone), grinding up standing until I can set a jump clone at an NPC facility, or just eating my implants if I get podded.
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #90 on: December 17, 2007, 01:31:01 PM

Next time, let's be the kitty!

Krakrok
Terracotta Army

Reply #91 on: December 17, 2007, 06:15:36 PM

You keep ganking shit and I'm going to have to resub! awesome, for real
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #92 on: December 18, 2007, 01:29:25 AM

You keep ganking shit and I'm going to have to resub! awesome, for real

In best F13 tradition, this calls for a chart:

Twitter - Endieposts

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #93 on: December 18, 2007, 05:45:53 AM

Pure ownage.

Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #94 on: December 18, 2007, 02:06:59 PM

I resubbed and made a new character named Flameboy.

Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #95 on: December 20, 2007, 03:48:42 AM

Although we had the interdictor, I felt we kinda lacked the ability to chase down, web and scram kiting ships like the thrasher the first time and the cerberus the second.  The Groundskeeper is only about a week away from Gallente interceptors, so unless someone else wants to do this and already has a million points in navigation skills I'll train him for a fairly ghetto inty setup for the first gang we run after Christmas.

I resubbed and made a new character named Flameboy.

This is awesome :)

Twitter - Endieposts

Vedi
Terracotta Army

Reply #96 on: December 20, 2007, 09:32:06 AM

Although we had the interdictor, I felt we kinda lacked the ability to chase down, web and scram kiting ships like the thrasher the first time and the cerberus the second.  The Groundskeeper is only about a week away from Gallente interceptors, so unless someone else wants to do this and already has a million points in navigation skills I'll train him for a fairly ghetto inty setup for the first gang we run after Christmas.

I can also do the interceptor thing. Actually had one fitted for last time as a backup. Since this is my main, I can do quite a few roles so just go for it if you want.

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #97 on: December 20, 2007, 09:34:07 AM

We still need that Thorax DPS though...A ceptor and a rifter fit for speed should do just fine for tacklers. Our next serious run will be very cool methinks!

Vedi
Terracotta Army

Reply #98 on: December 20, 2007, 09:39:56 AM

We still need that Thorax DPS though...A ceptor and a rifter fit for speed should do just fine for tacklers. Our next serious run will be very cool methinks!

Have you decided where we will base the next run from? I'd like to bring in some replacement ships in advance.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #99 on: December 20, 2007, 09:47:41 AM

I personally like the Taisy/Obe area, but its cause I'm a northerner. Torrinos turned out bad... Saranen could be a possibility. Any ideas???

Krakrok
Terracotta Army

Reply #100 on: December 20, 2007, 01:15:18 PM

They suckered me in with their $9.95 re-up email today.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Sunday Pew Pew - Mad Props Dispensed for Bringing It  
Jump to: