Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 12:35:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: GTA IV 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] Go Down Print
Author Topic: GTA IV  (Read 107480 times)
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #385 on: December 05, 2008, 07:04:33 AM

Not that that would solve your problem
As for performance issues on high-end rigs, Rockstar's tech support documentation contained the following explanation: "Most users using current PC hardware as of December 2008 are advised to use medium graphics settings. Higher settings are provided for future generations of PCs with higher specifications than are currently widely available."

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Big Gulp
Terracotta Army

Reply #386 on: December 05, 2008, 08:15:29 AM

Not that that would solve your problem
As for performance issues on high-end rigs, Rockstar's tech support documentation contained the following explanation: "Most users using current PC hardware as of December 2008 are advised to use medium graphics settings. Higher settings are provided for future generations of PCs with higher specifications than are currently widely available."

Why didn't they just say, "We can't optimize for shit"?

I can play Crysis maxed out at 1680x1050 yet I'm supposed to believe that GTA4 requires more horsepower?  Bullshit.
slog
Terracotta Army

Reply #387 on: December 05, 2008, 11:27:13 AM

I tried out the (ahem) demo, and it's only using one of my two cores on my dual Core machine.

Friends don't let Friends vote for Boomers
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #388 on: December 05, 2008, 12:53:59 PM

so what you're saying is that it runs like crap in part because its only using one core?

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
slog
Terracotta Army

Reply #389 on: December 05, 2008, 12:58:28 PM

well, it's certainly not helping...

Friends don't let Friends vote for Boomers
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #390 on: December 15, 2008, 11:33:02 AM

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #391 on: December 15, 2008, 01:14:18 PM

360 controller support only, no logitech controller support: True or False?
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #392 on: March 17, 2009, 05:35:14 PM

Been messing around a bit today, love the GTA series. More of the same done better is ok by me. Fiancee hooked by Ricky Gervais tv show, heh.

Only one problem, can't hear voices in the car and they're extremely low in cutscenes, if I'm using surround sound. Using stereo, voices show up fine, and they're fine in the foot game (like hearing Roman as we're walking to the car). Odd, and I can't seem to find a solution.

Looks great on the pc imo.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: GTA IV  
Jump to: