Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 07:50:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: 2/15/06 - Star Wars: Empire at War (PC) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2/15/06 - Star Wars: Empire at War (PC)  (Read 1472 times)
schild
Administrator

on: February 12, 2006, 02:44:56 AM

I tried my damnedest to ruin this like I did the NGE, but my skills apparently weren't needed. Lucasarts got a no-name developer on this one.

I am not a mole at Petroglyph. I swear.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: February 17, 2006, 09:04:32 AM

If you're a Star Wars nerd this game is fun. It's much better than Rebellion or Force Commander, etc...

If you're a hardcore RTSer you might not like it. I do wish that the galactic overview map had more strategic elements, sort of a MOO2 type game with the battles still having their RTS feel. Oh well...

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Eldron
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: February 20, 2006, 06:58:02 AM

When playing it, it makes me wonna play MOO2 again.

Was looking forward to it, but after 2 hours of playing im not realy having fun anymore.

Guess im not a star wars nerd.

Very fancy signature.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: February 21, 2006, 10:52:09 AM

I've found it really shines in multiplayer, particularly if you're both Star Wars nerds and have a feel for the strengths and weaknesses of various units. At first glance the game seems pretty shallow, but you learn quickly that there are subtle things about each side and the units on each side which can become quite important. That and I've noticed the two sides tend to play very differently. With the Empire you usually try to attack with overwhelming force. With the Rebels you tend to have to play a bit smarter and more sneaky.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Rodent
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: March 02, 2006, 05:27:08 AM

Pretty fun game, seems like alot of mods are in the making for it aswell, so this might be one of thoose few games that stays installed more then a week or two.

Wiiiiii!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: 2/15/06 - Star Wars: Empire at War (PC)  
Jump to: