Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 01:39:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 17 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2232625 times)
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #2170 on: December 23, 2009, 08:04:38 PM

Mother, sister, brother, cousin of all Steam sales.

This sale is awesome. I'm not seeing anything that needs to take my money. I already own everything I'm interested in from stuff like the Eidos pack.

I did buy Stalker for a friend though. $2 and all.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
WayAbvPar

Reply #2171 on: December 24, 2009, 08:59:30 AM

Holy crap! Glad someone mentioned the sale here.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
BitWarrior
Terracotta Army

Reply #2172 on: December 24, 2009, 09:07:05 AM

Finished Dragon Age: Origins (got the Platinum trophy; good enough for me), moving on to Batman: Arkham Asylum.

Ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #2173 on: December 25, 2009, 08:37:12 AM

Guitar Hero 5, MW2, Fallen Earth.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #2174 on: December 25, 2009, 01:26:48 PM

I started playing Might and Magic for the DS, it's pretty awesome. I didn't know much about it and bought it the night before travel mostly on a whim.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #2175 on: December 25, 2009, 04:53:13 PM

Spent most of Xmas Day playing through Prince of Persia (got the Speed Demon achievement). Loved the ending!
lac
Terracotta Army

Reply #2176 on: December 26, 2009, 12:05:13 PM

Machinarium. It's a puzzle game in a beautiful hand drawn style. You can play a demo level on their site.

Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #2177 on: December 26, 2009, 04:17:42 PM

InFamous. It was free with the PS3 my loving wife bought me. It's ok pretty fun.

FIFM

Does a great job of making you feel like a superhero. Minus the annoying suicidal pedestrians and a couple of frustrating quests, I'm having a pretty good time playing it.
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #2178 on: December 26, 2009, 04:22:14 PM

Demon's Souls. It kicked my ass in under 20 minutes at the tutorial boss.
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #2179 on: December 26, 2009, 04:55:22 PM

Now that I'm back on my computer, I've gone full nerd on Empire: Total War. It's so pretty and the musket volleys are like popping bubble wrap. Also it's the first strategy game I've played in several years, and I'm a guy who put over 1000 hours into Steel Panthers.

Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #2180 on: December 27, 2009, 09:28:50 AM

Once I get home from travels, I've got to decide between continuing with DA:O (I'm convinced this'll be my forever-game), or Arkham Ayllum, Red Faction: Guerilla, MW2, or Saboteur. Probably nix that last one straight away, and MW2 doesn't take a lot of time from what I have read.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #2181 on: December 27, 2009, 10:21:09 AM

I got Brutal Legend for Christmas and played a good chunk of it yesterday.  The gameplay is kind of ass but I dig the writing and art.  I guess this is a common issue with Tim Schafer games?

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #2182 on: December 27, 2009, 05:25:27 PM

Over the last several days I've played:

Borderlands (360) with friends and finished the 1st playthrough.
Borderlands (360) with my wife, still on the first playthrough.
Viking (360) need to make myself finish it now.
LotRO (PC) with wife and friends.

Bought a few things on SteamSale but haven't had time to do much but install a couple of them, outside of the above and mandatory seasonal visits to family.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #2183 on: December 27, 2009, 05:55:04 PM

The gameplay is kind of ass but I dig the writing and art.  I guess this is a common issue with Tim Schafer games?

Psychonauts, yes.  Grim Fandango being a pixelhunt game, it was already doomed, but at least it wasn't a platformer.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Tairnyn
Terracotta Army

Reply #2184 on: December 27, 2009, 06:00:59 PM

I've been obsessed with Saboteur this week. The missions are decent but the freeplay targets are a blast. It's a nice mix of subterfuge, distraction, and glorious explosions to keep me coming back for more just to clear them out.
MisterNoisy
Terracotta Army

Reply #2185 on: December 27, 2009, 06:19:05 PM

I've been obsessed with Saboteur this week. The missions are decent but the freeplay targets are a blast. It's a nice mix of subterfuge, distraction, and glorious explosions to keep me coming back for more just to clear them out.

I played a fair bit of this over the holiday break, and my experience was pretty similar.  Shame the studio's shuttered, as Saboteur was a lot less wonky than what I remember of Mercs 2.  The voice acting was pretty swamp poop tho.

XBL GT:  Mister Noisy
PSN:  MisterNoisy
Steam UID:  MisterNoisy
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #2186 on: December 27, 2009, 11:08:17 PM

New Super Mario Bros. Wii tastes more like Super Mario Brothers 3 than any other diet drink.

And, I just got the joke in the title.  Hurr.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #2187 on: December 28, 2009, 01:22:31 AM

Finished Brutal Legend.  It was fun, but I'm kind of glad it's over.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Falwell
Terracotta Army

Ghetto Gear Solid: Raiden

Reply #2188 on: December 28, 2009, 01:26:38 AM

I'm finally getting around to going through the Phoenix Trilogy.

I'm completely engrossed. Essentially, it's a combination of Majestic meets Buffalo Bill. At it's core, it's nothing more than flash games, puzzles, and a shitload of Google-Fu, but the whole ARG aspect of it is just phenomenal.

EDIT: A trilogy because the first game has an expansion called "The 13th Victim." If you want to get a brief back story and a very limited taste of how the game operates you can head right here. You can also pick them up on the cheap. I payed less than 20 bucks for the entire series, shipped.

« Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 02:39:51 AM by Falwell »
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #2189 on: December 28, 2009, 02:14:33 AM

I'm on a playing frenzy like the good old times  DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Main ones:

- Torchlight
- Dragon Age
- Football Manager 2010

Sprinkle of:

- Mirror's Edge

"Will start to play it soon, I promise! " :

- Stalker: SoC

And also I want to get back to my old love for space sim/combat, so I installed both Freespace 1 and X3: Terran Conflict

Hopeless, awesome addiction, videogaming is  awesome, for real

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #2190 on: December 28, 2009, 03:04:28 AM

The gameplay is kind of ass but I dig the writing and art.  I guess this is a common issue with Tim Schafer games?

Psychonauts, yes.  Grim Fandango being a pixelhunt game, it was already doomed, but at least it wasn't a platformer.

There isn't anything wrong with pixel hunting! :P I miss that shit.

Haven't played Brutal Legend, but Psychonauts had some decent enough platforming... Until I got sick (motion sickness or something). I won't lay the blame on the game.. that's my problem.. but what I played I enjoyed.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #2191 on: December 28, 2009, 03:13:38 AM

I played a fair bit of this over the holiday break, and my experience was pretty similar.  Shame the studio's shuttered, as Saboteur was a lot less wonky than what I remember of Mercs 2.  The voice acting was pretty swamp poop tho.

I was going to start Saboteur, but when I put down Viking becauase the game decided to screw with me, I decided to see if I could tear through Battlefield: Bad Company first. First impressions are that it's surprisingly fun. I'll likely BiiF it tomorrow or the day after. I'm trying to make the most of my Christmas break by playing through and finishing a pile of games and making myself watch a bunch of DVDs.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #2192 on: December 28, 2009, 11:18:32 AM

That King Arthur game is actually pretty good! Glad I took a chance on it.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #2193 on: December 28, 2009, 11:35:40 AM

Played a lot of wii bowling over the xmas break.  Got my ass handed to me by a 77 year old grandmother who had never played it before.  Every game.

For shame.

218? WTF Grandma.
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #2194 on: December 28, 2009, 03:10:49 PM

Wanted to try King Arthur as well, but it seems Austria can go fuck itself because we speak German and/or Ubisoft are dicks. Who knows.

Living on a diet of Torchwood, GTA3 and Avernum instead.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #2195 on: December 28, 2009, 03:40:46 PM

Wanted to try King Arthur as well, but it seems Austria can go fuck itself because we speak German and/or Ubisoft are dicks. Who knows.

Living on a diet of Torchwood, GTA3 and Avernum instead.

I should post you a screenshot of my Habsburg domination of Europe in the other non-WoW game getting my attention currently, For the Glory.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #2196 on: December 28, 2009, 03:44:32 PM

Uncharted 2 added to the mix.  Yay Christmas!

It's really odd hearing 2 Dragon Age voice right off the bat.  Always happy to hear Claudia Black.. just odd hearing the bastard templar again.

-Rasix
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #2197 on: December 28, 2009, 03:48:06 PM

I'm eagerly waiting for that King Arthur game to hit the bin, though with the money I'm spending on Steam lately, I'll be broke long before then.

Dabbling in Torchlight a bit. I don't care much for the style of the character models (too cutesy) and I've been on record for a long time as not digging Diablo clickfests. That said, it's a fun diversion at $5. Only gripe is the fixed camera angle, might try out the mod to change it.

Mostly playing FFH2 still, same Luchuirp game as before.
Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #2198 on: December 28, 2009, 04:32:06 PM

Knee-deep in Fallout 3 all over again. I even bought the expansions on Live, which I find fairly interesting. Definitely worth the purchase, though it feels a bit god-mode. And then I found out I could have saved a nickel by buying the Game of the Year edition. Fuck.

"Role playing in an MMO is more like an open orchestra with no conductor, anyone of any skill level can walk in at any time, and everyone brings their own instrument and plays whatever song they want.  Then toss PvP into the mix and things REALLY get ugly!" -Count Nerfedalot
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #2199 on: December 28, 2009, 06:02:35 PM

Playing Fallout 3 too. GOTY Edition. Messed up my character by not reading anything before-hand and putting too many points in Science early on so I'm going to start over.

Should I not load the DLC crap until I finish the original game? What's the suggested play level for them and do they change the original experience? Info is sketchy. PM if you know!
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #2200 on: December 28, 2009, 06:46:33 PM

Played a lot of wii bowling over the xmas break.  Got my ass handed to me by a 77 year old grandmother who had never played it before.  Every game.

For shame.

218? WTF Grandma.

That's totally awesome.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

I finished Majesty 2 (I was one mission from the end on Ing's laptop when my computer arrived and so replayed the whole thing) (I like Majesty, okay). I've mostly been feeling Game Paralysis though, which winds up making me just default to WoW these days.

God Save the Horn Players
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #2201 on: December 29, 2009, 01:03:20 AM

I've been "playing" a lot of Fallout 3 GOTY for the PC. I found out why the game was ctd'ing over and over: if I quicksave or autosave, everything goes to shit. Glorious PC gaming master race indeed.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 01:09:09 AM by jakonovski »
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #2202 on: December 29, 2009, 03:31:24 AM

F3, while being an awesome game is also a notoriously buggy and unstable POS. I didn't have any problems with quicksaves though, so I learned to pound on that button every 30 seconds to 3 minutes.

Lamaros - You can add on all of the DLC stuff anytime - three of them simply open up side areas that you can visit whenever you like, while the other two take place after you complete the main quest of the base game. They can change the original experience in the sense that they give you some weapons and items that shit all over the stuff in the base game. The chinese stealth suit from Anchorage is basically an "I WIN" button for every combat for the rest of the game if that's how you choose to use it.

Just spent the day playing some Bad Company followed by some shitty, shitty games. Time for a cull, methinks!

jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #2203 on: December 29, 2009, 09:36:14 AM

Le sigh, I spoke too soon. Now it just crashes when I try to enter the Vault 101 Atrium.
AcidCat
Terracotta Army

Reply #2204 on: December 29, 2009, 09:51:57 AM

Got Uncharted 2 for Christmas. Was a fan of the first game so I knew what to expect.

Even so the extreme linearity of it all is depressing. After playing games like Infamous and Assassin's Creed II this year, the "find the one place you can climb" gameplay feels incredibly outdated and clunky. The combat also feels like some kind of relic from a past age. This is a game with great characters and graphics in dire need of more compelling gameplay. I guess I'm just wanting the game to be something it's not.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: