Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 12:04:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 10 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2232477 times)
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #1715 on: September 25, 2009, 05:30:07 PM

gryeyes
Terracotta Army

Reply #1716 on: September 25, 2009, 06:01:45 PM

Basically one of my biggest problems with Halo is the slow as molasses combat and pacing, and especially with aiming.  its as if you are playing a game underwater.

Console FPS's have to compensate for the limitations of the control scheme. Slow as shit,various forms of sticky or auto aiming etc. Nobody of even remotely comparable skill will beat a PC user on a Console,even including the training wheels inherent to console FPS's. Remove the kiddy wheels and it wouldn't even be entertaining to watch.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #1717 on: September 25, 2009, 06:35:11 PM

FFS, not every thread needs to be a wiggle-stick vs mouse slapfight.  Take it outside and start a new thread if you really feel the need to rehash that topic for the umpteenth time.  (Aside: Phire, you need to lurk moar if you think schild is some sort of PC gaming nazi, or that other people here automatically agree with him on... anything.  Lawl.)

I'm playing Fallen Earth.  It reminds me of the early days in SWG before I realized it sucked.  We'll see how long this one lasts.   why so serious?

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #1718 on: September 25, 2009, 08:23:31 PM

Fallen Earth, because it's fucking good so far and yes, does remind me of early SWG.

EVE, because, pew pew laz0rs.

And just finished ODST, because I'm a sucker for Halo games. And yeah, before any of you jump on me for that, I'll fuck you up in a PC shooter, but I'm an old skool Bungie head from back in the Pathways into Darkness/Marathon days and I do like the Halo storylines.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #1719 on: September 25, 2009, 08:30:20 PM

Nothing ATM. DDO crapped out, and I have nothing left to occupy my time. I am slowly going insane.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #1720 on: September 25, 2009, 08:55:14 PM

Halo 1 - November 15, 2001
Call of Duty - October 29, 2003

And Medal of Honor did not have melee attacks or hot keys for grenade throws.

Better luck next time!

Great, your dates beat mine. Yet you ignore the fact that these mechanics have been part of (almost all) shooters now for more than half a decade.

What can I say? I can't resist the best first-person shooter mechanics out there. I play just about every shooter that comes out (And NiX can attest to this I do play everything even the crap) and I am always pulled back to Halo.

Though I can't work out if you mean Halo 1 or the Halo franchise. Because you appear to be both jerking off over ODST and Halo 1. Oh well, opinions and all that, FWIW, Halo 1 couldn't sustain my interest on the PC, and when I got a XBox copy to see what the fuss was all about, I didn't even make it out of the initial spaceship. To you it might be the best game (series?) EVAR, to me it's just another generic FPS I don't give a shit about. (And I say this as a keen FPS player).

Didn't Day of Defeat have attacks with the bayonet in 2000? I have distinct memories of stabbing bitches well before Halo did it.

That could be what I was thinking of?

While I don't share your opinion that game pads are better for fps I do not discredit console shooters because of this, they can be as good and sometimes better than Pc shooters.

I have had the same impression on this place in that these guys really don't enjoy gaming unless its PC...and its supported by Schild.

DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS awesome, for real awesome, for real awesome, for real

Seriously, have you seen how many times people like me argue with schild and his opinions? As for PC-centric? I wouldn't even say that. My feeling is that aside from MMO discussion, there's a heavier Console gaming bent in here than PC. You could go through the many posts in this very thread and see what people are playing though.

And just finished ODST, because I'm a sucker for Halo games. And yeah, before any of you jump on me for that, I'll fuck you up in a PC shooter, but I'm an old skool Bungie head from back in the Pathways into Darkness/Marathon days and I do like the Halo storylines.

I don't actually care if people like Halo or console FPS, just when they make retarded comments 100% statements about it being the best thing EVAR and KB/M being inferior to the thumbstick, etc.

As for games, giving LAN Titan Quest a break. Trying some LOTRO with wife and friends
Also, PS3 Batman AA, Wolverine
360 Saints Row 2, Burnout Paradise co-op with wife. Plus Rock Band/Beatles/GH
And a little Fallout 3 on PC with the latest DLC disc.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #1721 on: September 25, 2009, 10:28:18 PM

Ohhhhh, I see.

-Rasix
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #1722 on: September 25, 2009, 11:53:01 PM

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #1723 on: September 26, 2009, 03:08:48 AM

Heart awesome, for real Heart

jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #1724 on: September 26, 2009, 04:22:46 AM

This thread turned into neogaf.   ACK!
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #1725 on: September 26, 2009, 08:39:44 AM

It sure did.  Please start a new thread about silly things so mods don't have to stop eating grapes on their loungers.  I have my laurel balanced just so.

Also, I'd be happy to enter such a thread and restate my comments on the K+M and console debate since I think we have some new people who haven't heard Grandpa Yegolev's stories on this.

EDIT -- OH RIGHT -- Playing The Witcher since I have no DSL.  Also some Last Remnant.  Ancient Ruins.  Turns out I didn't have to defeat The Fallen to get in there, but I got 140 achievement points out of it so awesome, for real.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2009, 08:42:17 AM by Yegolev »

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Prospero
Terracotta Army

Reply #1726 on: September 26, 2009, 12:01:40 PM

Finished up "Ben There, Dan That" last night. It's a good old school adventure game, has reasonable puzzles, and is free to boot. Also playing FE when my inventory behaves and TF2.
schild
Administrator

Reply #1727 on: September 26, 2009, 12:17:53 PM

I can not fucking stop playing League of Legends. It hath consumed me.

If they add more decent heroes (since they seem to have gotten all the shitty ones out of the way in the last 2 patches  Ohhhhh, I see.) and new maps, my life is going to turn not so awesome since I'll be attached to the computer by the hip.
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #1728 on: September 26, 2009, 12:32:27 PM

Aion, COD4 mp, a  bit of League of Legends.

Oh, and on topic: K+M>controller for shooters. It is. Deal.
Rasix

Reply #1729 on: September 26, 2009, 01:07:15 PM

I expect better from you.  But then again, you're playing Aion.

-Rasix
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #1730 on: September 26, 2009, 03:08:41 PM

I expect better from you. 

Still?!
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #1731 on: September 26, 2009, 04:15:53 PM

Whoa, I just spent the evening playing Castle Crashers in 4 player co-op (everybody in the same room w/ projector). It was awesome fun and I was surprised how good the game is. It left my head spinning as I'm definitely not used to playing on such a huge screen (10x6 feet or so).

We also did a few games of the new M:tG multiplayer expansion, Planechase. Have to build me a Highlander deck for next time.
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #1732 on: September 26, 2009, 05:51:14 PM

I expect better from you. 

Still?!

I know nobody cares, but now I want to defend this a bit. Overtired.

The K+M/controller argument is usually about FPS games. K+M is a superior control scheme for this game in all cases except in a Time Crisis type setup where movement isn't a factor. Then it's just equal. For all other types of games, it's a case by case basis. If the standard controller was superior, we wouldn't have the Wii-mote and the future Sony and Microsoft iterations.

At the same time, controllers need to be superior in general, because consoles are the industry. It's inevitable that eventually we'll have a controller that's superior to keyboard and mouse, either because the old school diehards like me stop paying expensive PCs to be on par with much-cheaper consoles, or because companies stop making games for us smiley
Tige
Terracotta Army

Reply #1733 on: September 26, 2009, 07:17:38 PM

..........because the old school diehards like me stop paying expensive PCs to be on par with much-cheaper consoles, or because companies stop making games for us smiley

I resemble that remark.  I stopped PC gaming over a year ago, now it is all PS3/Wii and soon to be PSP Go.  I didn't plan it, it just kind of happened.  Not having to deal with driver conflicts, ram or vid card upgrades to play the next biggest, bestest, nextgen flop and constant tweaking is a good thing.

Now playing - PSN mini game where you keep looking for all the promised content for the pspgo. 
gryeyes
Terracotta Army

Reply #1734 on: September 26, 2009, 08:11:39 PM

swamp poop
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #1735 on: September 28, 2009, 09:44:18 AM

Batman: Arkham Asylum won't let me sleep.  PS3 version but my DSL is still out so no Joker for me yet.  A guy is supposed to be coming out tomorrow to take a look, seems the line repair must have not worked for me or... something.  Some people still don't have voice service so I have no idea.  Or maybe, if I'm lucky, my seven-year-old modem has died and I can get a new one.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #1736 on: September 28, 2009, 09:54:21 AM

LotRO with my wife and friends who have been over like every two-three days since we went on our break. Back to weekly/bi-weekly Friday/Sat nights as of next week though. Fun game so far, and a nice change from Titan Quest, which I still enjoy but had gotten a liiiiiitle samey after several months.

Console for the last recent bit has been Wolverine and Motorstorm 1 on PS3.

And a bit of Fallout 3.

Le0
Terracotta Army

Reply #1737 on: September 29, 2009, 04:10:34 AM

Playing AION at the moment, well trying to more like. Also trying out Anno 1504 which I must say I quite like at the moment only at the begging of it tho. I have Monkey Island SE to play as well and Trine to advance. There's Borderlands I'm awaiting and Risen might be worth a try. Batman looks good too...

Well since I have 2-3 hours a day of gametime available I'll be old when I've finished those :(
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #1738 on: September 29, 2009, 07:37:58 AM

I've been stuck on the same patrol mission in X3 for about 3 1hr sessions.

It's an anti-Khaak (yes, we heard the joke 5 years ago) patrol where the computer spawns sets of 5 or 6 fighters and 4 Corvettes.  I'm trying to go at it in a Springblossom but it's lack of shielding along with that the Corvettes won't seem to break formation for anything is really giving me trouble.  Two at a time is not a problem, but 4 just shred my shields way to fast for me to break one off and kill it, even 4 Xenon P would be doable but the Kyon emitters just don't give you room to maneuver.

Fortunately, just before I saved and quit last night a medium sized Argon patrol (HCP, several Nova's and a missle boat) entered the sector so I'm going to put them between me and the corvettes until they get into a furball and then I'll come through and pick them off.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #1739 on: September 29, 2009, 08:45:18 AM

Right now I'm playing Chronicles of Riddick and Titan Quest both of which I downloaded from d2d for $5 last week. Riddick is actually kind of a fun game. Titan Quest feels just Diabloish that I suspect I can waste tons of time with it.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #1740 on: September 29, 2009, 08:52:08 AM

Dammit, I want to play X3 but there's too many games coming out to justify the $40 price.  Steam needs to put it on sale for $20.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #1741 on: September 29, 2009, 09:01:31 AM

Dammit, I want to play X3 but there's too many games coming out to justify the $40 price.  Steam needs to put it on sale for $20.

I think I paid 25 for it one weekend on sale, keep your eyes open they do specials all the time.

2.5 patch coming soon removes all copy protection, I imagine they'll do a special promotion around then to get the fence sitters.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #1742 on: September 29, 2009, 11:20:18 AM

Riddick is actually kind of a fun game.

Did you play the first one and how does this compare?

I like Titan Quest a great deal.  Best Diablo 2.5 game I have played.

Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #1743 on: September 29, 2009, 01:02:11 PM

Playing Fallen Earth because it rocks, I never played SWG so I cant reference it like others. Its just a good game.

Eve, because I am gay for space ships and lasers.

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #1744 on: September 29, 2009, 03:04:59 PM

I attempted to play Infinite Undiscovery. I have never, ever seen a control scheme that horrible. There are no words. Combine that with a save system straight out of the lower pits of Hades, and you've got a spectaculary shit game where I get frustrated and give up in the tutorial.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #1745 on: September 29, 2009, 04:00:43 PM

The best part about Infinite Undiscovery is the crafting system wherein I was able to make a literal fortune just by grinding items in the first village.  And, uh, bright colors.  Also, it is better than Star Ocean. Ohhhhh, I see.

Today has been decent.  My network connection is back and I have played some Fallen Earth today.  Currently picking up garbage in the wasteland so that I might be able to make some better BB pistols.  I'd like for them to hurt more than the starter 2x4 I have.  I also decided to unzip my jacket and air out the cleavage.

The night belongs to the Batman. awesome, for real

Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #1746 on: September 30, 2009, 08:31:11 AM

I gave up on Infinite Undiscovery about 3 hours in.  I'm not sure why, I think I just wandered off.

Anyway, I've pretty much got my heart set on FFXIII, if it sucks I may be done with JRPG's altogether.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #1747 on: September 30, 2009, 08:35:11 AM

Fired up EQ2, blew some things up. Lots of changes since I played last winter!
Rasix

Reply #1748 on: September 30, 2009, 08:44:54 AM

I gave up on Infinite Undiscovery about 3 hours in.  I'm not sure why, I think I just wandered off.

Anyway, I've pretty much got my heart set on FFXIII, if it sucks I may be done with JRPG's altogether.

There hasn't been a single good one released on the current generation consoles.  If you get even the worst the FF ever made, it'll still be better than what's available.

For me at least, I don't think it's that I'm getting bored with JRPGs.  I just can't stand the terrible ones.  At least the PS2 has given us the Persona series, but it's been 10 months since 4 hit stateside.

Mostly playing WoW.  I want to play Batman but my wife's been a light sleeper lately (the accoustics downstairs make even light volume pretty loud).  I'm a little wary of picking up a wireless headphone solution, since I'm sure it'll suck.  My only other recourse would be to move the PS3 into the office.  undecided

« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 08:47:24 AM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #1749 on: September 30, 2009, 09:20:12 AM

Sounds like it's time for a silent takedown.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: