Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 11:34:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 14 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 252 253 [254] 255 256 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2232424 times)
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #8855 on: March 30, 2014, 01:42:09 PM

I don't understand why Seiko wouldn't allow them to use their brand name for that scene awesome, for real

Speaking of Japan, I've been playing some Binary Domain recently (saw it a few weeks ago on a humble sale, and I remembered rk47's radicalthon of it), and holy shit, it really is like playing a super-cheesy 90s action movie. The keyboard/mouse controls are a bit annoying, but I got used to them eventually!

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #8856 on: March 30, 2014, 10:21:36 PM

Played Bioshock Infinite.  I want some of Ken Levine's drugs.   swamp poop

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #8857 on: March 30, 2014, 10:31:39 PM

I don't understand why Seiko wouldn't allow them to use their brand name for that scene awesome, for real

Speaking of Japan, I've been playing some Binary Domain recently (saw it a few weeks ago on a humble sale, and I remembered rk47's radicalthon of it), and holy shit, it really is like playing a super-cheesy 90s action movie. The keyboard/mouse controls are a bit annoying, but I got used to them eventually!

The most amazing part of Binary Domain's script was the localization picks of the voice actors and direction actually improved upon the game.
If you watched the game in its native language (Japanese) it wouldn't be as awesome.
Since this game was actually made and written by Japanese, it's probably a once in a blue moon that such localization got it so right.
And what does SEGA do with it? Port it over with no marketing and little fanfare to the West.  swamp poop

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #8858 on: April 09, 2014, 01:18:40 PM

LOTS OF D3.  I think my arm is actually starting to get use to the abuse. Maybe it has toughened up, or perhaps just simply accepted its fate. 

Also, I've just started playing TSW again.  I wonder how long before my build is revealed to be trash and unsuitable for anything other than Kingsmouth.  awesome, for real  This game is a little brutal on the video card for some very non-impressive visuals.  Yay Funcom.   Anyhow, still love the dialogue and setting.  Will be a nice respite while I'm currently bored with GW2. 

-Rasix
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #8859 on: April 09, 2014, 02:02:55 PM

I got into the Strife beta last night. I've got 3 extra keys if anyone wants them. It's a casual-ish MOBA like LOL with a few tweaks on the formula such as pets and in-game AI bots you kill bosses to add to your team for a few minutes. PM me if you want a key.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #8860 on: April 09, 2014, 02:08:22 PM

I doubt there is a MOBA that is casual enough for me.

I'm mostly plugging away at Dark Souls II.  Some Lego Movie Game as well.

Found out yesterday that there is a Lego Hobbit, so that's ordered.

Played some PvZ: Garden Warfare, and it's pretty decent.  Also, I don't suck rocks like in other team shooters.

Updating firmware on a PureFlex chassis is kind of like a game.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #8861 on: April 10, 2014, 05:07:54 AM

Dark Souls 2, because I am 80 hours into the game and I am not even done with the first playthrough, and I don't want to be done with it. I still prefer the previous two chapters, but it's impossible not to love this.

Elder Scrolls Online, because friends picked it up and wanted to play together, but I am lagging behind gathering everything, exploring every nook, reading every quest, and enjoying the sheer amount of content they crammed into this.

Smite because it's just an awesome PvP game and it's an extremely satisfying way to spend 20 minutes every day. Also, I just got promoted to the Platinum arena league so I gotta keep it up.

Euro Truck Simulator 2 every night before going to sleep. To go to sleep.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #8862 on: April 10, 2014, 06:54:48 AM

Minecraft with a well-modded server, hd textures (128x128 is what I'm using) and a shader pack is a better game than every attempt to make a new minecraft. If only I could run the shaders with more than 10-15 fps on my GTX460SLI setup...and that's only medium quality shaders.

http://i.imgur.com/IQ1rv.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/vlCqN.jpg

I can't wait until we can update to 1.7.x at some point, because that supports normal mapping. Chroma Hills resource pack also supports normal mapping, but the mod support is much lighter than the Sphax pack we're currently using.

http://gamercity.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/minecraft-hd.jpg

Then there's vonDoomcraft, which I wish wasn't so rough around the edges, because it might be the most amazing texture pack in existence. Space Marines, Evil Dead, super heroes, dark themes.

http://www.minecrafteo.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/vondoomcraft.jpg
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #8863 on: April 11, 2014, 05:18:10 AM

I'm really enjoying Diablo 3, now it's just pure and fun entertainment :)

Beside that, I'm finally trying to umm..."play" the free DCS World module (the Su-25t plane) on Steam. It's just all sort of awesome if you're into this kind of thing (and the "free" plane is definitely more accessible than the other ones, like the A-10). I felt pretty good when I finally managed to execute the (small amount for that plane) pre-flight ops, taxi it to the runway and take off, even with a simple gamepad. I guess I'll eventually get better once I receive the thrustmaster HOTAS setup I ordered a couple days ago (a relatively cheap one, just 50 bucks, don't want all that ultra-expensive models, like the Warthog or the Rhino).

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Rishathra
Terracotta Army

Reply #8864 on: April 11, 2014, 05:48:58 AM

Minecraft with a well-modded server, hd textures (128x128 is what I'm using) and a shader pack is a better game than every attempt to make a new minecraft. If only I could run the shaders with more than 10-15 fps on my GTX460SLI setup...and that's only medium quality shaders.

http://i.imgur.com/IQ1rv.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/vlCqN.jpg

What texture pack is that?

"...you'll still be here trying to act cool while actually being a bored and frustrated office worker with a vibrating anger-valve puffing out internet hostility." - Falconeer
"That looks like English but I have no idea what you just said." - Trippy
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #8865 on: April 11, 2014, 06:41:44 AM

I just grabbed a random screenshot for the shaders, but I'd say it's Sphax purebdcraft. I've put together a 128x sphax pack for Nix's server that covers most of the mods (and he's baked in a TON) and it really enhances the game quite a bit.
Hoppala
Terracotta Army

Reply #8866 on: April 13, 2014, 06:49:43 AM

Thaught of playing D3 addon, after having some lvl 60s, but didnt buy it yet. Some round BF3, some rounds Dota 2 and Eve Online a lot lately. Elder Scrolls Online seems to be a very bad game so far.

Autobots, roll out.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #8867 on: April 16, 2014, 12:20:22 PM

A little D3 and SWTOR, but hardly anything compared to years past in terms of hours of gaming overall. I'm starting to get problems with my hands aching when I play just about anything for longer than an hour - maybe related to exercising, that puts a pretty big strain on my hands I guess.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Goreschach
Terracotta Army

Reply #8868 on: April 16, 2014, 01:33:44 PM

Kb and mouse? It could be your table setup. Most people seem to have their tables way too low, and it puts the wrists at a weird angle.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #8869 on: April 17, 2014, 10:04:35 AM

Mostly LEGO The Hobbit, which is pretty good.
Tiny bit of Borderlands 2.
Dark Souls 2, also in small amounts.  Still working on clearing the path to Jabba.  The finite spawns in this game cause me to compulsively clear areas and obsess over retaining all souls.

I want to play some Gran Turismo again.  I found a nice PS3 wheel thanks to Lucas' neckbeard airplane thread that seems to have a functional lap thing rather than requiring a table to clamp to.  It is also only $50.  My wife then says "Don't you want something that is PS4 compatible?", to which I reply affirmatively and now I'm back to being unable to commit to a racing wheel.  This is the state I have been in since the original Gran Turismo.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #8870 on: April 17, 2014, 11:06:50 AM

Kb and mouse? It could be your table setup. Most people seem to have their tables way too low, and it puts the wrists at a weird angle.

Maybe, but that hasn't changed in 10+ years. It's worth re-evaluating though yeah. I think it's mostly the kendo, that's the only thing that's really changed other than my slow spiral of old age.

Count Nerfedalot
Terracotta Army

Reply #8871 on: April 21, 2014, 09:38:39 AM

Maybe, but that hasn't changed in 10+ years. It's worth re-evaluating though yeah. I think it's mostly the kendo, that's the only thing that's really changed other than my slow spiral of old age.

Ah. You must be in your 40's. Don't worry, it speeds up!  why so serious?

Yes, I know I'm paranoid, but am I paranoid enough?
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #8872 on: April 21, 2014, 10:23:53 AM

Not for another 3 months.  why so serious?

Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

I'm an apathetic, hedonistic, utilitarian, nihilistic existentialist.

Reply #8873 on: April 21, 2014, 03:41:49 PM

I'm pretty much hate-playing hearthstone right now  why so serious?
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #8874 on: April 22, 2014, 04:58:31 PM

Just finished Divinity: Dragon Commander, had a lot of fun with it.  It's pretty much an RTS for people who don't really like RTS.  The core gameplay is an RTS game, and it's incredibly shallow and not very fun (one faction, one resource, no worker units, pre-built buildings, etc.) BUUUUUUT the game lets you transform in to a giant fucking dragon and nuke everyone.  It would be like playing StarCraft, but you get to fly around in a Battlecruiser in first person one shotting enemies.  Totally unbalanced and not very skill intensive, but it's still pretty fun.

And then around that they wrapped a bunch of neat stuff.  You instigate battles by a Risk-style turn based wargame, a mechanic I wish more RTS would use (I loved it in WH40K Dawn of War).  And that mechanic is broken up by discussions with people on board your airship, from chatting with your generals about their personal problems to making edicts and governing your kingdom.  Political commentary is pretty ham fisted (hearing elves and dwarves giving their opinions on gay rights is extremey  swamp poop ) but it's a neat attempt at making a more complex "world" in a RTS.
schild
Administrator

Reply #8875 on: April 22, 2014, 07:35:21 PM

I just got a copy of Daylight. Let's see what this is about.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #8876 on: April 23, 2014, 09:52:38 AM

I decided to finally give Dark Souls an earnest effort.  My first attempt back when it came out sorta aborted around where you meet the Belfry Gargoyles, so I never made it very far.  Not because I didn't like it...but it didn't quite grab me like Demon Souls did, and other shit probably came out or something and took me away from it.

Anyway, have made it quite a good bit further now on this second run through.  It feels stickier this time.  Those guys just really know how to craft a god damn game.  Both simplistic and clever at the same time, somehow, and just brutal, visceral, wonderful combat.  Every game ever should do combat just like this.  Even going through the same sections over and over again rarely gets boring, and it is so rewarding to get past shit that once vexed you.  And the bosses are beyond great.  Controller smashing, CD flinging great.

Obvious comments are obvious, but I just had to get it out.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #8877 on: April 28, 2014, 07:22:34 AM

Started playing State of Decay. I like the game, but the zombie spawning mechanics seem a bit off to me.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #8878 on: April 28, 2014, 10:46:31 AM

A little burnt out on D3, since I've played it a damn ton since the expansion.   GW2, I think I'm done with until they start pushing out more Living Story content.  May be just done in general, I've played it a lot. I can't be assed to help my guild in this new stupid WvW tourney.  I'm a dedicated WvW player, but I don't like it when there's a bunch of achievements and try-hard incentives attached. 

So, I've been in a bit of a lull and trying to find things to play.   Here's what I've tried/am trying:

TSW:  This didn't work.  It's weird to go back to a MMO and pretty much not see any QoL improvement.  It really felt like the same game.  So, it all just felt like something I'd done less than 2 hours into it.  I don't think I'll continue.

Dark Souls on PC:  Holy shit.  Fuck GFWL in it's stupid ass.  After getting that sorted out, I got dsfix installed and my graphical options corrected (with AA on, it was messing up hard). I wanted to use my controller but the stupid mouse pointer wouldn't go away.  The controls feel fucking terrible.  I might be better off just playing this on my PS3.

SWTOR:  I dunno, coming back to this game is always a bit overwhelming.  Your inventory is chock full of crap that you have no idea what it is, the mouse turning is crazy even on its lowest setting, and your current quests make no sense. I couldn't even remember what my guy did last.  Loading screen helps some.   

GTA V:  I may be over this style of game.  While the voice acting and situations in the beginning were kind of funny, everything you do feels templated from any earlier version.  Oh, I'm going to chase another motorcycle (they even joke about this shit) with a seriously crappy car.  JOY.  The character switching is more annoying than feature and the controls feel shitty.  I think these control issues may stem from not playing a console game in like a year.  I will probably play some more of this, just to get to whatever crazy shit they'll have me do with Trevor.  Michael is annoying as hell and Franklin is just CJ++ at this point.

-Rasix
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #8879 on: April 29, 2014, 07:27:22 AM

You mean CJ--, right?

Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #8880 on: April 30, 2014, 07:33:59 AM

Rift has taken GW2's place as my MMO fix.  I think I'm done with GW2 until they offer some content for a solo player.  Great game just not much left to explore.  Rift still has content I've not done and some of the souls are kinda fun to mess around with.

Civ V-Currently trying for a culture win as India.  It's quite hard for an old wargamer like me not to attack and play a deliberate, peaceful game.

D3-Just a damn pleasure to play now.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #8881 on: May 01, 2014, 06:48:25 AM

I'm stuck, too.  I canceled the ESO because everyone knows why.  Landmark is fun to fool around with but it's not like a game game.  Shroud of the Avatar isn't even a game yet and it's only open sometimes and it makes me confused and disoriented.  And it's ugly.  The other ones mentioned in the last few posts I've already played or have no interest in.  Someone help or I swear I'll go back to horror survival games!!!  I never did play Condemned 2.  The first one was pretty scary.  Anyone play the re-mastered Doom game?

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #8882 on: May 01, 2014, 07:32:24 AM

State of Decay is fun as a zombie survival sandbox if you're into that sort of thing.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #8883 on: May 01, 2014, 08:28:37 AM

State of Decay is cool, but I hope you like orange.

I've been playing Lego The Hobbit with my wife and Terraria (360) with one of my deranged friends.  After making new characters and avoiding the piggy bank and safe, we haven't lost any more items.

Some amount of Borderlands 2 when I can get away with it.  I still haven't done many of the quests, so I'm using my lv72 in Normal to complete these.

Also playing that other game that I'm not going to admit to playing.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #8884 on: May 01, 2014, 08:59:33 AM

Is that game something rk47 would be playing?  my what do we have here?

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #8885 on: May 01, 2014, 10:00:51 AM

ARE YOU PLAYING A SEX GAME, YEGOLEV?? 

Shame on you.

Anyway, yes, I like orange.  Amsterdam is one of my favourite places.  And I like oranges as a fruit.  I'll give it a go if I can find it in a box of any colour, which I can't.  :(  I hate buying digital stuff. 

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #8886 on: May 01, 2014, 11:25:01 AM

Dark Souls 2 ate my gaming life. I spent the last month and a half playing it to death on the PS3. Then I bought the PC version, and started again. When I play other things lately, all I can think is "nice, but why can't this be little more like Dark Souls?". Then I quit, and load up Dark Souls again.

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #8887 on: May 01, 2014, 02:09:11 PM

Mostly playing Hex, futzing around with silly bad constructed decks since nothing matters yet.

Also some Path of Exile; I got an EK toon nearing the end of Merciless and the damage is just nasty. Way higher than any other character I've ever played.

I've got a bunch of console and handheld games too that I haven't opened/played more than 5 minutes of: Tales of Symphonia HD, Conception 2, Demon Gaze, and whatever the newest Atelier game is called. I should probably start one of them, but making fun of noobs on the Hex forums is more fun.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #8888 on: May 01, 2014, 04:38:30 PM

You're a troll and a griefer, Rendakor, and you can be in my guild when EQ Shadowbane is released.

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #8889 on: May 01, 2014, 05:36:50 PM

Yahoo!

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Pages: 1 ... 252 253 [254] 255 256 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: