Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 01:41:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 13 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 174 175 [176] 177 178 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2232626 times)
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #6125 on: October 23, 2012, 07:24:12 AM

Picked up Diablo3 at TRU for $10. It's a great game for $10, but I'd be annoyed if I'd paid full price. I'm hoping to get a few weeks of fun, and maybe my $10 back from the rmah.
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #6126 on: October 23, 2012, 07:46:43 AM

I paid $60 and got about $10 worth of fun in hindsight.  I try every month to play D3, but it just doesn't grab me in any meaningful way.  TL2, though.  I paid $20 and have gotten $60 worth out of it so far. 

Currently playing the WoW xpac, slowly.  And TL2.  Trying to get into BL2, but it kinda bores me to play it.  I think I've been really unlucky with gun drops and it's hurting my fun. 
rrazcueta
Terracotta Army

Reply #6127 on: October 25, 2012, 08:09:25 AM

Nobody is playing Chivalry?
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #6128 on: October 25, 2012, 05:03:49 PM

Nobody is playing Chivalry?

Ehh, it looks kinda cool, but seems pricey for a multiplayer only title from a studio I've never heard of before.  Plus, it's launching before War of the Roses has cleared the pad, and my spider sense tells me that long term community support is going to be dicey.  I mean, it doesn't look bad or anything, it just doesn't do anything I find really super interesting, beyond sitting in a sub genre that's slightly less ubiquitous than the gun based FPSes.  If I'm wrong, feel free to enlighten me, though, I haven't played it or anything.
rrazcueta
Terracotta Army

Reply #6129 on: October 26, 2012, 08:08:55 AM

Yeah, it's probably pricey, but I'm not poor, and I like really awesome things that other people aren't playing. It's not like I wasted my moneys on Diablo 3.

The long short of it - Chivalry solves the problem of FP melee combat. Combat is chunky and brutal. Stuff like decapitations aren't animations but effects that occur based on where you're pointing your mouse when you kill someone. Usually when you aim at a head you kill more HPs, so you get lots of heads flowing when you're doing well. Even if you're not very good, it's likely that some people on your team will be doing well, and you get to watch them stomp on everyone before you step in to clean up their stragglers. It's not just prompts popping up saying XXX headshotted YYY, but it'll literally be a teammate throwing an oil flask into a crowd of baddies and stabbing parrying and decapitating those guys.
MisterNoisy
Terracotta Army

Reply #6130 on: October 26, 2012, 07:54:23 PM

Lots of Forza Horizon (perhaps unsurprisingly).  Put BL2 down for a week since my brother was getting married, and just haven't picked it back up yet.

XBL GT:  Mister Noisy
PSN:  MisterNoisy
Steam UID:  MisterNoisy
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #6131 on: November 05, 2012, 08:52:54 AM

I think for my own health and sanity, I need to just stop playing MOBAs.  Fun to watch (for me, others may differ) and follow, but way too many brief highs and insane lows to play.  The worst part is that if you just play casually, you'll just lose a lot and have a miserable time doing so.  Single player games and MMOs, are where I think I need to confine my gaming.

Now I need to overcome some gaming paralysis.  Bored a bit with GW2 (which is fine, I'm not paying a sub) and have no idea what to play next.  Still massively undecided on WoW v. SWTOR.  Either would provide me with decent leveling experience, I think. Not really caring about max level stuff.

And, there's always that daunting Steam backlog and those games like Skyrim I could never quite finish. 

Luckily I have a huge TV and reading backlog as well to tide me over while I make up my mind.

-Rasix
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #6132 on: November 05, 2012, 10:30:25 AM

I got bored of everything cerebral and started playing Need for Speed: The Run. It's kind of like a modern day Outrun except not quite as good. It's packed full of really terrible cutscenes and QTEs, which I adore.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #6133 on: November 05, 2012, 11:49:46 AM

I've been playing a lot of Ragnarok Odyssey on the Vita. I haven't played any of the others but it's pretty similar to the Monster Hunter series: good action, light RPG elements, tons of items you can't sell because you probably need them to make something later (but at least you've got tons of inventory space), light story, and tough bosses. All of the character power advancement is strictly gated (level ups only occur at the end of each chapter, weapon upgrades are limited by material drops) so you can't really grind-to-win, you actually have to get better at the game.

Also I picked up the Zone of the Enders HD collection since I'd heard great things but never played them, and the new Harvest Moon for 3DS. Haven't played much ZOE yet, but HM is pretty good so far. They ditched the 'animals OR crops' approach that To2T had, and I haven't crashed yet, so that's an improvement at least; my only nitpick is that they made pushing animals around much more clunky than previous ones, which makes raising a herd of animals annoying.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #6134 on: November 05, 2012, 12:24:03 PM

I think for my own health and sanity, I need to just stop playing MOBAs.  Fun to watch (for me, others may differ) and follow, but way too many brief highs and insane lows to play.  The worst part is that if you just play casually, you'll just lose a lot and have a miserable time doing so.  Single player games and MMOs, are where I think I need to confine my gaming.

I think they'd be a lot more fun casually if you weren't always up against people who were playing for realsies.  Like, if we could scrape up ten players or so and just fuck around every weekend in custom games with some F13 slacker group and not have to worry about ruining someone's day by building Teemo wrong or something.  But rounding up ten players every week is pretty much pulling the game out of "casual" territory anyway.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #6135 on: November 05, 2012, 12:27:16 PM

Like most things, MOBA's biggest problems is that 8 out of 10 other people are complete shitgobblers of the lowest order.

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #6136 on: November 05, 2012, 12:42:11 PM

I had my first raqe quit/disco last night in like a year (back then it would just be because I had to take care of my son). I just couldn't take it anymore.  Got invaded while jungling, Ori died even after I took blood boil to help her run (derp path).  Then my team wouldn't help pull and I had to try to jungle Nunu without consume. After getting ganked again, being super far behind, and taking a rash of shit from my team; I just bailed and went to watch TV.  Reasoning with my 3 year old is easier.

I really don't like jungling, but for some reason no else will even try.  If even try, which I don't think I should do, it's going to be a strict no jungler rule, and when I'm forced into a 2/1/2 situation, I'm just going to pick something weird.

I think they'd be a lot more fun casually if you weren't always up against people who were playing for realsies.  Like, if we could scrape up ten players or so and just fuck around every weekend in custom games with some F13 slacker group and not have to worry about ruining someone's day by building Teemo wrong or something.  But rounding up ten players every week is pretty much pulling the game out of "casual" territory anyway.

This would be fun.  LoL is fun win or lose when everyone can just be chill about it. I have fun playing with f13 peeps (since we tend not to be that guy), but realistically, I'm a lower ELO than most and feeding just makes me feel miserable.  Games with Margalis were hilarious since he'd have to carry me pretty hard.

-Rasix
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #6137 on: November 05, 2012, 01:17:16 PM

Borderlands 2 almost any time I play anything.  The flimsies are starting to loudly ponder SOMEONE playing a gunzerker and so I guess I'm the huckleberry.

Pokemon Soul Silver got some more playtime.  That fucking insect gym leader ate all of my pokemon except one, and that was with an almost-all flying crew.  Then I get my ass flattened by a regular trainer with fire pokemon.  Time to grind, I guess.

Bits of Torchlight 2 and D3.  Not sure why I'm still giving time to D3.  Also GW2, but since these are all PC games I don't get a lot of time on them.  I still really, really like GW2.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #6138 on: November 05, 2012, 01:26:03 PM

I have discovered some personal crack. Building a team in Fifa 13 ultimate team. I spend as much time searching for different combinations of players as I do actually playing the game.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #6139 on: November 05, 2012, 01:54:41 PM

You should do it, and then fill the last few spots with a couple guys who play competitively and win every season. Because that's fun for casual players.  Cthulu
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #6140 on: November 05, 2012, 01:58:42 PM

Need turn-based LoL with email turns.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #6141 on: November 05, 2012, 11:47:10 PM

I think for my own health and sanity, I need to just stop playing MOBAs.  Fun to watch (for me, others may differ) and follow, but way too many brief highs and insane lows to play.  The worst part is that if you just play casually, you'll just lose a lot and have a miserable time doing so.  Single player games and MMOs, are where I think I need to confine my gaming.

Now I need to overcome some gaming paralysis.  Bored a bit with GW2 (which is fine, I'm not paying a sub) and have no idea what to play next.  Still massively undecided on WoW v. SWTOR.  Either would provide me with decent leveling experience, I think. Not really caring about max level stuff.

And, there's always that daunting Steam backlog and those games like Skyrim I could never quite finish.  

Luckily I have a huge TV and reading backlog as well to tide me over while I make up my mind.
Well, for SWTOR you may want to wait a few weeks for it to go f2p. The levelling experience should be MOSTLY doable without paying anything (especially if you bought the game previously -- otherwise you may need to spend $5 in their store or something), and that's really the strongest part of the game.

Re WOW, levelling experience-wise MOP is probably the best expansion yet, but most of the 'stuff to do' is still at max level. May still be worth a month of sub just to see the sights, though.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 11:48:57 PM by Zetor »

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #6142 on: November 06, 2012, 01:49:29 AM

Too Many Games.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #6143 on: November 06, 2012, 06:08:20 AM

Seiken Densetsu 3 of all things. Got the itch all of a sudden and fired up the SNES emulator.

Still one of the best games on the system.
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #6144 on: November 06, 2012, 06:16:15 AM

Completed:
-Torchlight 2 (as in I finished the game with a character)
-Borderlands 2 (I think I'm done; the game has no longevity with me)
-Dishonored

Playing:
-Torchlight 2
-Mists of Pandaria (actually not at all bad so far)
-Binary Domain (Holy shit the controls are annoying and stupid on keyboard OR controller; also I have no idea how to issue more than the 4-5 basic commands without voice on because fuccck using voice)

Need to get back to:
-LA Noire (backburner'd forever likely)

In the Queue:
-Max Payne 3

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Dren
Terracotta Army

Reply #6145 on: November 06, 2012, 09:17:30 AM

GW2
Rocksmith - bought a guitar and started from scratch.  Always wanted to play and this makes things fun and solo.  Really enjoying it so far.  I already know a bunch of riffs I can play over and over to annoy the family!  Gold. (PS:  my fingers hurt like hell and I still love it.)
statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

Reply #6146 on: November 06, 2012, 10:28:32 AM

Join the reddit chat channel, get groups to play normals with, enjoys.

You actually only need 4 other players to have a good time, because why would you turn on cross-team chat?
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #6147 on: November 06, 2012, 01:05:10 PM

I installed Guild Wars 2 and made a character...... Ohhhhh, I see.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #6148 on: November 06, 2012, 01:19:36 PM

Welcome!  Make sure to post your info in the GW2 thread.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #6149 on: November 06, 2012, 05:18:13 PM

Ohhhhh, I see.

Xuri
Terracotta Army

몇살이세욬ㅋ 몇살이 몇살 몇살이세욬ㅋ!!!!!1!

Reply #6150 on: November 06, 2012, 06:50:41 PM

I'm playing...uh...Curiosity.  Facepalm

-= Ho Eyo He Hum =-
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #6151 on: November 08, 2012, 07:07:17 AM

I'm playing...uh...Curiosity.  Facepalm

Is it as mundane as I imagine?
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #6152 on: November 08, 2012, 07:14:25 AM

Is that the one where you kill cats ?

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #6153 on: November 08, 2012, 08:34:25 AM

I haven't opened the box to check.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #6154 on: November 08, 2012, 09:14:21 AM

Started a NG+ in Persona 3 Portable; hopefully I can beat it again before P4G comes out. Still working on Ragnarok Odyssey too; the missions are short enough that it's good to pick up and play. I grabbed Touch My Katamari for Vita as well, since I seem to be using my handhelds much more than my PC or PS3 for gaming these days.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #6155 on: November 08, 2012, 02:46:22 PM

I haven't opened the box to check.

GROAN

Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #6156 on: November 08, 2012, 04:28:48 PM

GW2
Rocksmith - bought a guitar and started from scratch.  Always wanted to play and this makes things fun and solo.  Really enjoying it so far.  I already know a bunch of riffs I can play over and over to annoy the family!  Gold. (PS:  my fingers hurt like hell and I still love it.)

I have a cheapie electric guitar I bought a few years ago. How is Rocksmith for learning stuffs?

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
-Calantus makes the best of a smelly situation.
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #6157 on: November 08, 2012, 05:21:22 PM

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #6158 on: November 09, 2012, 06:57:05 AM

The DLC for Rocksmith looks pretty awesome. There's a bunch of stuff I was playing in regular rotation when I was doing more electric stuff.

The next iteration really needs a standard notation mode (aka Nightmare difficulty).
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #6159 on: November 09, 2012, 08:00:11 AM

Too Many Games.

Amen.

My current rotation is cRPG, X-com, and now, Freelancer Discovery, because I have an itch.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Pages: 1 ... 174 175 [176] 177 178 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: