Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 07:35:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2011 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 64 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2011  (Read 381533 times)
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #140 on: July 29, 2011, 01:44:03 PM

Roy Williams sucks. Good luck Bears!

I want to agree but he's being re-united with Martz in an offense he was productive in so I'm trying to stay hopeful.

stu
Terracotta Army

Reply #141 on: July 29, 2011, 02:14:30 PM

As a huge huge Dolphins fan, I gotta say I'm not to keen on the Bush trade/signing, I woulda preferred Sproles or Bradshaw.

I started getting excited when Bradshaw's name came up. Bush just seemed to come out of left field.

Dear Diary,
Jackpot!
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #142 on: July 29, 2011, 04:39:33 PM

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #143 on: July 31, 2011, 11:54:30 AM

A lot of I think bigger transactions that aren't getting reported thanks to Plaxico signing with the Jets.

Cullen Jenkins signed with the Eagles. They are starting to look like they will be a real defensive monster this year. They weren't bad last year but two really good corners and a decent pass rush DE.

Marion Barber goes to the Bears. Normally, this would be a bigger deal, but Barber has absolutely fallen off a cliff in terms of production the last two years. In a Mike Martz offense, I don't know that he'll have that big a role.

Darren Sproles goes to the Saints. Perfect replacement for Reggie Bush. Has the speed, punt return and pass catching ability.

Mike Sims-Walker goes to the Rams. Hey, Sam Bradford might actually have a weapon.

WayAbvPar

Reply #144 on: July 31, 2011, 12:00:01 PM

Seahawks released Lofa Tatupu when he wouldn't restructure his deal. Carroll better get where he is going with this team quickly, because he is confusing and alienating a metric shitton of the casual fans by dumping the only guys on the roster they could name. I would venture to guess that 60% of the jerseys (at least) on game day are Hasselbeck and Tatupu, and they are both gone now. Mine is Walter Jones, but I am still gonna wear it since he retired and is headed to the HoF instead of being cast aside to play for another team. If I was going to invest in another right now I think it would be Earl Thomas.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #145 on: August 01, 2011, 08:30:39 AM

Carroll is a shitty NFL coach.  He won at USC because of the talent and his coordinators, and in the NFL coaching the Seahawks is the equivalent of coaching the Kentucky Wildcats or Kansas Jayhawks.  He would have sucked at those schools because of the talent drop off. 
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #146 on: August 01, 2011, 08:33:06 AM

Seahawks released Lofa Tatupu when he wouldn't restructure his deal.

That was... unwise.  swamp poop

I don't know what the fuck Carroll is doing - makes no sense to me. More and more I think that division is coming down to the Rams and the Cards. It's a tossup either way. The Cards have better talent but the Rams have Bradford. Just saw that Todd Heap signed with the Cardinals. He'll be good the 8 games he plays healthy.

James Jones resigned with the Packers. I'm actually happy about that. If he could just be more consistent with his hands, he's a solid #2. He gets the dropsies way too often.

The Redskins got Cofield from the Giants and Tim Hightower from the Cardinals. I think that'll be a better defensive team this year, but the offense is going to keep that team out of a lot of games.

Vince Young to the Eagles? WTF? Did they really need two running QB's with behavior problems?

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #147 on: August 03, 2011, 12:24:55 PM

More free agency signings:

Ronnie Brown goes to the Eagles. That's a good pickup for them, as he won't have to be the top guy and can still provide some good yards.

Michael Jenkins from the Falcons to the Vikings. Not really a replacement for Sidney Rice. McNabb is going to find it hard going in Minnesota.

Zach Miller signs with the Seahawks. Best signing they've made this offseason. Jackson will need a bit TE he can dump the ball off to when he's running for his fucking life.

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #148 on: August 03, 2011, 12:29:19 PM

Where the hell were the Eagles hiding this money? Switzerland?

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
WayAbvPar

Reply #149 on: August 03, 2011, 12:36:07 PM

Zach Miller signs with the Seahawks. Best signing they've made this offseason. Jackson will need a bit TE he can dump the ball off to when he's running for his fucking life.

And he replaces another fan favorite (and also very young player) John Carlson, further alienating an already annoyed fan base. When Pete Carroll gets fired there will be parties in the street.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #150 on: August 03, 2011, 12:47:06 PM

To be fair, if alienating the base is what it takes to win, you can get a new base. Not that I'm saying Carroll will win, but I'd rather go up or down with my guys in the lineup than the leftovers that haven't won in the previous years.

shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #151 on: August 03, 2011, 01:45:46 PM

Where the hell were the Eagles hiding this money? Switzerland?

They have been pretty stingy the last few years.  I think they were $20MM under the cap in 2009, which is a lot.  I could be off.

They might have to give up Assante.  I won't like seeing that but he isn't staying for a 1 year contract.

I have never played WoW.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #152 on: August 03, 2011, 02:07:44 PM

As a Cowboys fan, I hope you are forced to play Vince Young for 4 games this season.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #153 on: August 04, 2011, 07:25:26 AM

In all honesty, that has a reasonable chance of happening.   I just hope Young's reps are in week 5 (Bills) and week 13 (Seahawks).

I have never played WoW.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #154 on: August 04, 2011, 07:29:07 AM

I wouldn't sleep on the Bills this year. They are showing signs of promise after last season.

ghost
The Dentist

Reply #155 on: August 04, 2011, 04:17:11 PM

I wouldn't sleep on the Bills this year. They are showing signs of promise after last season.

awesome, for real
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #156 on: August 04, 2011, 04:33:43 PM

awesome, for real

Laugh it up, but they will win some games against teams that overlook them this year. They won 4 last year, and I think they can win 7 this year. Fitzpatrick isn't a bad QB, he just spends a ton of time on his back because their OL is was injured, inexperienced, or just terrible. Now, I think they will have that better sorted out and hopefully healthier, giving Fitz more time to do his thing.

stu
Terracotta Army

Reply #157 on: August 04, 2011, 09:27:53 PM

The Bills lost three OT heartbreakers to the Ravens, Steelers and Chiefs last year, so if they've improved I wouldn't take them lightly. Plus, Fitzpatrick is fun to watch. I think he out-gained his RBs a couple times last year.

Dear Diary,
Jackpot!
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #158 on: August 05, 2011, 12:36:30 PM

The Bills lost three OT heartbreakers to the Ravens, Steelers and Chiefs last year, so if they've improved I wouldn't take them lightly. Plus, Fitzpatrick is fun to watch. I think he out-gained his RBs a couple times last year.

Those schemes will not work this year due to the prevalence of film.  Fitzpatrick ain't no Vick.

I have never played WoW.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #159 on: August 05, 2011, 12:37:11 PM

Those schemes will not work this year due to the prevalence of film.  Fitzpatrick ain't no Vick.

There's no film on the Bills. I mean come on. They blacked out all the games.  awesome, for real

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #160 on: August 05, 2011, 01:29:25 PM

More signings:

Le'Ron McCLain from the Ravens to the Chiefs. They list him as a fullback but he could play tailback on most teams. He's also a damn good pass catcher and runner.

Legedu Naanee from the Charagers to the Panthers. Naanee has some speed, though don't know if he has the skills to make it big as a wideout. He might at least provide some deep threat for Cam Newton.

Jerious Norwood from the Falcons to the Rams. A good, hard-hitting running back to give Stephen Jackson a rest.

ghost
The Dentist

Reply #161 on: August 06, 2011, 06:43:38 AM

awesome, for real

Laugh it up, but they will win some games against teams that overlook them this year. They won 4 last year, and I think they can win 7 this year. Fitzpatrick isn't a bad QB, he just spends a ton of time on his back because their OL is was injured, inexperienced, or just terrible. Now, I think they will have that better sorted out and hopefully healthier, giving Fitz more time to do his thing.

I will guarantee that they will win more games than the Seahawks. 

awesome, for real
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #162 on: August 12, 2011, 01:46:58 PM

Another big (IMO) signing I saw yesterday. Steve Smith from the Giants to the Eagles. Now, granted, he won't be healthy until October, but when he's healthy, he's damn good. That receiving corps is already pretty stacked with Jackson, Avant and Maclin (the latter two aren't great, but they are good enough). The Eagles really are making a go big or go home sort of statement here. You'd be crazy not to tap them as favorites to win the East but now that the Giants are weaker at receiver (we saw how bad they were without Smith last year), Dallas hasn't really done anything to improve and the Skins are going with John Beck and Rex Grossman as their QB options. Good luck with that.

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #163 on: August 12, 2011, 04:06:54 PM

I am not looking forward to this season, no. I fucking hate the Eagles so much.

God Save the Horn Players
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #164 on: August 12, 2011, 04:22:35 PM

They are going to suck. They didn't learn anything from the Miami experiment. Throwing a bunch of big names onto a football will not win you a championship. They will make the playoffs but that's only because the Giants aren't great, the Cowboys are rebuilding with a new coach, and the Redskins are fucking awful.

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #165 on: August 12, 2011, 04:35:29 PM

"Sucking less than the Giants" is still a recipe for a shitty season for me.

God Save the Horn Players
JWIV
Terracotta Army

Reply #166 on: August 12, 2011, 05:17:07 PM

I wouldn't give a shit about the Iggles except I've got a buddy of mine from PA who won't stop texting me or shut the fuck up about whatever bit of random trivia comes out of their camp or how any random player of theirs is somehow a hall of fame lock.

Personally, looking at the Ravens, I see we seem to be looking at some of the same questions as last year - questionable O-line and Cam Cameron possibly continuing  alternating between getting too cute/too conservative, though we also now have the added bonus of a giant gaping hole in the #2 QB slot.   On the upside, no more god damn 3 man rush stupidity.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #167 on: August 12, 2011, 05:30:14 PM

The Ravens are going to take a step back unless Flacco miraculously grows some accuracy. Losing Derrick Mason is really going to hurt that team, no matter how old he is, especially when they also lost Donte Stallworth, their only real deep threat. They will have to rely on the D a lot more. In a division with the Steelers and an improving Browns team (who will also still suck, IMO) at least they can look forward to pounding a floundering Bengals team.

Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #168 on: August 13, 2011, 02:56:34 AM

The Ravens are going to take a step back unless Flacco miraculously grows some accuracy. Losing Derrick Mason is really going to hurt that team, no matter how old he is, especially when they also lost Donte Stallworth, their only real deep threat. They will have to rely on the D a lot more. In a division with the Steelers and an improving Browns team (who will also still suck, IMO) at least they can look forward to pounding a floundering Bengals team.

Sadly, it's the Steeler's division to lose this year. The Browns are going with a "draft the talent" building approach which translates into a an NFL development squad. Switching to a west coast offense and then NOT going after any receivers is going to doom them for years. Ravens have more holes this year on an aging team and the Bengals are still the Bengals.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #169 on: August 13, 2011, 11:27:42 AM

These aren't the old Bengals!

No, really.  Apparently there's only one returning vet player.  Hilarious.  I can only hope none of the games sell out so I can actually watch football this year instead of being forced to watch the Bengals week after week. I don't even root for the goddamn team yet I'm forced to tolerate them tongue

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
naum
Terracotta Army

Reply #170 on: August 13, 2011, 01:07:38 PM

Still puzzling over NFL rule change to move kickoff to 35 yard line.

Yeah, the deafening clamor for more touchbacks.

Now we can be presented with a sequence of a 35 yard field goal and touchback spread over several commercials.

Somebody tweet me when the game action is live again.

"Should the batman kill Joker because it would save more lives?" is a fundamentally different question from "should the batman have a bunch of machineguns that go BATBATBATBATBAT because its totally cool?". ~Goumindong
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #171 on: August 14, 2011, 07:27:27 AM

Giants might be really, really bad this year.
caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #172 on: August 14, 2011, 08:19:42 AM

It's a safety thing, along with limiting the running start by the kicking team to only five yards.  I don't know if it those were the superior options over 25yd touchbacks and killing wedges off entirely, but it's progress.

"Point being, they can't make everyone happy, so I hope they pick me." -Ingmar
"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #173 on: August 14, 2011, 12:57:52 PM

Giants might be really, really bad this year.

Yeah, I think you are correct. Get used to seeing the Eli face A LOT.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #174 on: August 14, 2011, 01:07:41 PM

It's a safety thing, along with limiting the running start by the kicking team to only five yards.  I don't know if it those were the superior options over 25yd touchbacks and killing wedges off entirely, but it's progress.

Had to happen. The NFL is fighting concussions on too many fronts, and bad injuries due to kickoffs were high on that list. Is it boring? Yeah. But it also provides for some strategy by your special teams units if you want to catch people off guard.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 64 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2011  
Jump to: