Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 02:59:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2011 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 64 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2011  (Read 381499 times)
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #1540 on: December 18, 2011, 02:04:28 PM

OH YOU

Seriously, Giants, I just don't understand you.

God Save the Horn Players
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #1541 on: December 18, 2011, 02:31:33 PM

I'm not watching it, but it looks like Denver/NE is competitive....  and TEBOW hasn't even hit his 4th Quarter power up yet.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #1542 on: December 18, 2011, 02:47:11 PM

The Giants are silly.

Watch the Cowboys lose to the freaking Eagles and have the final game in NY decide the division.

JUST YOU WATCH!

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #1543 on: December 18, 2011, 04:23:56 PM

The Giants are silly.

Watch the Cowboys lose to the freaking Eagles and have the final game in NY decide the division.

JUST YOU WATCH!

At least Aikman talked about how no one expected anything of the Giants this year, and that was before injuries.  The Eagles are dysfunctional, but they have the pure talent to be amazing.

Come on, though....  Cowboys/Giants for the division at the end of the season?  That would be an amazing game.
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #1544 on: December 18, 2011, 04:47:48 PM

And that's why they call him Megatron.  Not looking forward to facing him next week in my league in the championship game.

Over and out.
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #1545 on: December 18, 2011, 04:59:17 PM

The Giants are silly.

JUST YOU WATCH!

If the Cowboys lose to the Eagles, then the Eagles v Redskins will decide the division!

I have never played WoW.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #1546 on: December 18, 2011, 05:36:52 PM

Man, the Lions love making it interesting!  They have a two game lead for the wild card?  Crazy.

But the Chiefs beat the Pack!  Is KC a good team that just quit playing for their now fired coach or was this NFL parity at work?
I really thought GB would win out.  They are scary good.

I give up on the NFC East, it's a mad house, a mad house!

Oh and Titans.  You lost to Indy.  Indy.  I am done watching your sorry asses this year.  You know you had to win out to get in the playoffs and you laid down to the flippin' Colts.  Pathetic.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #1547 on: December 18, 2011, 05:55:39 PM

But the Chiefs beat the Pack!  Is KC a good team that just quit playing for their now fired coach or was this NFL parity at work?
I really thought GB would win out.  They are scary good.

Not starting Tyler Palko helped a bit. That guy had a arm that's too weak for the arena league.

-Rasix
JWIV
Terracotta Army

Reply #1548 on: December 18, 2011, 06:45:14 PM

God damn it.   Someone tell Phillip Rivers to go back to fucking up and stop trying to save Norv Turner and squeak into the playoffs.    Mob
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #1549 on: December 19, 2011, 08:05:03 AM

The Giants are silly.

JUST YOU WATCH!

If the giants win next week that last game will decide the division regardless.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #1550 on: December 19, 2011, 08:11:48 AM

Welp, it did have to happen sooner or later. The Packers lost to the goddamn Chiefs, with Kyle Orton at QB no less. Better it happens now than in January. I don't think they can lose home field advantage through the playoffs (they hold the tiebreaker over the Saints, not sure about the 49ers and both teams are already on 3 losses). They need to get Starks back, as Grant won't be able to handle the running against the Bears alone next week. Not that they'll need it. With Caleb Hainie at QB, I don't expect the Bears to win another game. He's just that bad. I look forward to the Bears organization totally falling apart next year as Forte holds out because they keep dicking him on a contract and Mike Martz bolts to take the Chargers job where he can cut Philip Rivers' career short without ever winning a Super Bowl.

We got to see Tebow and the Broncos for what they are. They can beat bad teams with a stifling defense, but they can't stand up to teams with good offenses. Both New England and Detroit put 40+ up on them. Good on the Broncos for making it competitive for a half, though that second quarter was just brutally bad. The fumbles killed them. You cannot give Brady so many short fields in such a small span of time. If Denver makes the playoffs over the Raiders, they might be able to beat the Bengals or the Jets (one of those will be the #6 seed) but if Pittsburgh is #5 seed, they will lose HARD. They MIGHT be able to beat the Ravens because as we saw again last night, the Ravens SUCK MIGHTY COCK on the road. Flacco turns into Trent Dilfer on the road. He was just bad last night, his accuracy was terrible and San Diego did enough to slow Ray Rice so that they couldn't ride him to the victory. Plus, Rivers just put on a clinic against a good defense. It's too bad their defense is weak as hell and their running game is so easy to shut down.

The Jets, Giants, Bengals and Broncos are all set for disappointment. The Jets are just terrible at coming from behind. They should have been able to run all over the Eagles defense, but they can't. I don't know what the hell is wrong with their running game but damn. The Giants fell back down to earth against a bad Skins team. Blown coverages, and 3 picks from Eli. It just confirms to me that no one wants to win the NFC East.

Tonight's game should be a good one. A 49ers team that's cooling off against a Steelers team with a hobbled Rapist at QB. I expect less than 20 points total.

Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #1551 on: December 19, 2011, 09:18:01 AM

Really looking forward to tonight's game, haven't seen many Niners games this season.  I agree with your assessment of the Broncos. This is not the Broncos year, but they need to keep and pay Tebow, he's earned his stripes. 

The Bears treatment of Matt Forte is shameful.  He should rake them over the coals on a new contract.

I'm still not sold on the Lions defense.  They're soft and penalty-prone.  But they have an awesome offense and are damn fun to watch and are clutch players.  Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled the Lions might make the playoffs but I'm expecting one and done.  They're just one dimensional.   
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #1552 on: December 19, 2011, 09:48:26 AM

The Bengals as a disappointment are just par for the course.   At least the city has managed to finally catch-on to that and isn't supporting Brown like they had for the last 20 years.   There's been ONE televised home game this year and that was only because the local Steelers fans came out and bought up all the rest of the tickets.   Glorious.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1553 on: December 19, 2011, 09:51:33 AM

I don't know that Tebow is a long-term solution. I think the wins he's gotten have been as much about the defense as they have been about him. He's certainly earned the right to compete for the starting job next year with whoever they draft. But they damn well better draft someone because nobody should be sold on Tebow yet.

The Lions defense is scary because the front 4 can get a pass rush without ever having to blitz, which makes their very suspect corners better than they really are. But yeah, their penalties are probably going to kill them in the playoffs, that and the complete lack of a running game.

And I forgot to laugh at the Titans. HAH HAH!  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #1554 on: December 19, 2011, 10:14:10 AM

Flacco turns into Trent Dilfer on the road.

Yeah, no team could ever win the Super Bowl with Dilfer as QB.  why so serious?

Over and out.
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #1555 on: December 19, 2011, 10:18:44 AM

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #1556 on: December 19, 2011, 05:22:11 PM

So I flip over to ESPN to watch some of the game (to see if Gore can pull of 40 points  awesome, for real ) and Candlestick just lost power.

Over and out.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #1557 on: December 19, 2011, 05:35:07 PM

Facepalm A new stadium cannot come soon enough.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #1558 on: December 19, 2011, 05:37:50 PM

It is bad enough trying to get out of that place with the lights on, I am pretty sure that people trying to leave the stadium in the dark will actually just end up traveling backwards in time.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #1559 on: December 19, 2011, 05:50:10 PM

I don't know that Tebow is a long-term solution. I think the wins he's gotten have been as much about the defense as they have been about him. He's certainly earned the right to compete for the starting job next year with whoever they draft. But they damn well better draft someone because nobody should be sold on Tebow yet.

The Lions defense is scary because the front 4 can get a pass rush without ever having to blitz, which makes their very suspect corners better than they really are. But yeah, their penalties are probably going to kill them in the playoffs, that and the complete lack of a running game.

And I forgot to laugh at the Titans. HAH HAH!  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Tebow had one great drive while trying to play catchup.  I think he's got potential if the stories about his work ethic are true, considering he's a rookie who has only had 8(?) starts and little training camp.  Either way, you can't ignore the fact that Tebow has changed Denver from a laughing stock to a team where the networks were fighting over who got to broadcast the NE/Denver game.  Merchandise alone should have the suits smiling.

Collingsworth was ribbing Simms pretty good about stealing the game from him on Inside the NFL.  Which I love.

Besides, in the salary cap era, Tebow will never be a high price tag QB which frees up money to spend on the other positions. 
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #1560 on: December 19, 2011, 06:37:22 PM

So the powers out and a guy runs across the field.  Rothlesberger yells out "Where's James Harrison when you need him?"

Stay classy Rothlesberger!
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #1561 on: December 20, 2011, 06:16:08 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KR8tUUJPTTw

This will never get old. James Harrison needs to take notes.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #1562 on: December 20, 2011, 06:21:40 AM

Note that Brady springs back immediately and manages to hold onto the football.  That guy is a badass. 
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #1563 on: December 20, 2011, 06:53:21 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KR8tUUJPTTw

This will never get old. James Harrison needs to take notes.

I loved everything about that hit. It was hard, it was legal, and Brady wasn't crippled or rolling around on the ground. All around football win.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1564 on: December 20, 2011, 07:22:00 AM

Yeah, that was a solid hit. Nobody bitched and complained, no fines were coming and it made the entire audience wince with delight.

I really like what San Fran is doing on offense these days. Short, 3-step drops and get the ball the fuck out of there. Don't give Alex Smith time to think himself into a sack or an INT. They probably should go downfield a little more, but it's really clicking for that team. They've got talent at wideout and tight end, so giving Smith the safety of a good running game and quick releases helps explain why he's only thrown 5 picks with 16 TD's this year. He won't be an MVP candidate but he isn't losing them games. And my God that defense is stifling. Granted, they were playing against a hobbled Rapist, but Aldon Smith is a fucking beast at end. He got at least two sacks and more QB pressures on that inside stunt twist move where he just came free up the middle. I think more than New Orleans, I don't want to have to play San Fran at home in the playoffs.

sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #1565 on: December 20, 2011, 08:14:21 AM

Tebow is looking decidedly better. Those first few possessions were impressive. His throwing motion still takes WAY too long, however. But his release is getting better, less wobbly balls, better management. I could see him being much more effective given an entire off-season to work with the coaching staff. With that being said, I would like to see us draft someone... However, I'm not sure who we would. Griffin and Luck will long be gone before we draft at this rate, and we have a lot of needs to fill, so I would rather not see the Broncos trade away all their draft picks to move up. Given Fox's history, I doubt that will happen.

Also.. this? This is fucking amazing. I love you, internet.

« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 08:16:19 AM by sickrubik »

beer geek.
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #1566 on: December 20, 2011, 09:58:27 AM

With that being said, I would like to see us draft someone... However, I'm not sure who we would. Griffin and Luck will long be gone before we draft at this rate, and we have a lot of needs to fill, so I would rather not see the Broncos trade away all their draft picks to move up.

This is a year where there are a lot of quarterbacks available. A guy like Weeden from ok state will probably not going to be gone before late first round if not second round.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #1567 on: December 20, 2011, 10:46:15 AM

Yeah there are a ton of QBs. Kellen Moore will probably not go super early either.

ghost
The Dentist

Reply #1568 on: December 20, 2011, 10:52:17 AM

Not really a lot of great quarterback prospects though.  Luck and Barkley are the obvious best two choices, and then you have Griffin III and Landry Jones.  I think Jones has what it takes to be an NFL quarterback, not so sure about Griffin.  After that there isn't much to choose from.  Nick Foles?  I don't think so.  Wheedon?  Too old.  One thing to remember about Kellen Moore is that he's 5'11" with high heels on.  He won't be drafted early simply because of that. 
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #1569 on: December 20, 2011, 10:53:48 AM

I think he could be Brees-esque, but we'll see.

Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #1570 on: December 20, 2011, 11:00:59 AM

Not really a lot of great quarterback prospects though.  Luck and Barkley are the obvious best two choices, and then you have Griffin III and Landry Jones.  I think Jones has what it takes to be an NFL quarterback, not so sure about Griffin.  After that there isn't much to choose from.  Nick Foles?  I don't think so.  Wheedon?  Too old.  One thing to remember about Kellen Moore is that he's 5'11" with high heels on.  He won't be drafted early simply because of that. 

Weeden is better than Jones and I think he actually has the best chance of fitting into a pro system for everyone except Luck. He is 28 though so that will scare a lot of teams.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #1571 on: December 20, 2011, 11:04:04 AM

Wheedon is awesome, but since the peak year of production for most athletes is 27 he won't be drafted at anything higher than the third or fourth round unless someone really, really needs a QB.  There's just too much financial risk involved with Wheedon. 

I'm intrigued by Moore.  He's been a winner, for sure, but there are a lot more prototypical pro style QBs that will be taken ahead of him just because of his stature. He would have to be on the right team to make an impact.  It would be interesting to see what he could do on a decent team like the Ravens or Denver.
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #1572 on: December 20, 2011, 11:08:12 AM

Wondering which one is going to be the sacrificial lamb that goes to the Browns... I actually started feeling bad for anyone drafted by Cleveland on day 1. Knowing they are going to spend the next 3-5 years struggling to find another team to play on. I can just imagine the thoughts of some kid when he hears "And with the # pick of the (year) draft, the Cleveland Browns select <doomed player name> from (school)" - probably 'well fuck it... there goes my formative years.'  Ohhhhh, I see.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #1573 on: December 21, 2011, 12:43:20 PM

Slate takes a look at the NFL's widest necks

There's no way that most of these guys aren't on some form of steroid or other enhancement.  It's just unnatural to have your neck be bigger than your head. 
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #1574 on: December 21, 2011, 12:47:52 PM

Maybe the probability in the general human population is very low but in the limited sample that is the NFL it isn't crazy.  Muscles grow when you use them.  These guys are in positions that demand strong neck and upper back muscles to minimize injury. 

I have never played WoW.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 64 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2011  
Jump to: