Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 04:11:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2011 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 64 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2011  (Read 381503 times)
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #1155 on: November 13, 2011, 01:46:19 PM

Two passes completed, one of which is for a touchdown.
The TD pass was a perfect throw too.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #1156 on: November 13, 2011, 01:53:06 PM

He the Cowboys are over .500! That game was like the Super Bowl beatdown of yore.

Oh and the Eagles are laughably bad. They basically have to win out.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #1157 on: November 13, 2011, 02:55:16 PM

Oh Browns... oh ... fuck it I got nothing.  ACK!

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #1158 on: November 13, 2011, 03:00:21 PM

If it stays at 2 passes is that a record fewest passes completed by the winning team in the Super Bowl era?  awesome, for real

Ken Stabler went 1-6 in a win in 1981.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Terracotta Army

Reply #1159 on: November 13, 2011, 03:50:17 PM

Ravens? wtf? Still some minutes, but seriously...

And jeebus have mercy what got into the Bears? T-day football is not looking like I was last month, at all.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #1160 on: November 13, 2011, 04:09:10 PM

It's like Christmas came early for the Cowboys! Thanks, Manning-face!

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #1161 on: November 13, 2011, 04:17:21 PM

All the NFC West teams won today awesome, for real
WayAbvPar

Reply #1162 on: November 13, 2011, 04:20:25 PM

LOLRavens. WTC.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #1163 on: November 13, 2011, 05:17:56 PM

The Dolphins are on a winning streak, thus ensuring they now have no hope of getting Luck.  awesome, for real

Over and out.
JWIV
Terracotta Army

Reply #1164 on: November 13, 2011, 05:19:28 PM

LOLRavens. WTC.

This god damn team.    Argh!

My favorite twitter quote so far.

#Ravens will obviously crush the Bengals and 49ers no problem, but that's followed by a tough two game stretch against CLE and IND.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #1165 on: November 13, 2011, 05:31:49 PM

Jesus Christ, the Lions shit the bed today.  Are they going to pull a Buffalo and start losing?
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #1166 on: November 13, 2011, 06:12:06 PM

It's like Christmas came early for the Cowboys! Thanks, Manning-face!

It was a good day for the Cowboys, but Eli still had a pretty good game against a solid defense.  Take away one or two of the shit-stupid errors, or one of those dropped passes being caught, and it could have gone the other way.  One of those interceptions was Eli being bad, but the other was Manningham ditching on a timed route.

San Fran just played a solid game, and really capitalized on the couple of plays where either Manning or the defense (which was great 95% of the day) were distracted by shiny objects or something.

Great football game.

I wish I saw more of the Bears game.  I mean, the beginning of the season they looked like a dysfunctional bunch of chumps and now they're coming off as world destroyers.

Edit:

Giants/Cowboys twice at the end of the season?  Should be great games the way things are going!
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 06:51:06 PM by Johny Cee »
Terracotta Army

Reply #1167 on: November 13, 2011, 07:11:56 PM

All the NFC West teams won today awesome, for real

This needs repeating....  ACK!

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #1168 on: November 13, 2011, 10:04:09 PM

How does Norv Turner still have a job?

Because he's Norvelous.

God Save the Horn Players
Bungee
Terracotta Army

Reply #1169 on: November 14, 2011, 12:41:27 AM

Great day of football. Sanchize was his normal "I can't throw deep or accurate nor am I able to read a D" self. The Ravens shit the bed the week after their Superbowl (Gatorade shower and all).
The Texans really seem legit even without Andre, but I don't think their D is up to the task of going deep in the playoffs.

And I have to say, 49ers. WTF... I know shit about this team, never saw a game up to now. What is it about them? Someone enlighten me...
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 01:25:17 AM by Bungee »

Freedom is the raid target. -tazelbain
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #1170 on: November 14, 2011, 12:52:54 AM

I think the thing with the 49ers is that they finally have a coach that is worth a shit.  The had the roster to be good last year too (they were the popular pick in the NFC West before last season started), but Singletary couldn't coach for a damn.  Some stability for Alex Smith doesn't hurt, either.

And you know what pisses me off?  Not that I am fully aboard the Luck Train, but the goddamn Colts sure as shit are going to earn the right to pick him.  Like having one quarterback-for-the-ages wasn't enough, you get to go from one to the next without missing a beat.  Now I doubly hope he's a bust.  I like Peyton Manning, but FUCK the Colts.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #1171 on: November 14, 2011, 01:30:15 AM

And you know what pisses me off?  Not that I am fully aboard the Luck Train, but the goddamn Colts sure as shit are going to earn the right to pick him.  Like having one quarterback-for-the-ages wasn't enough, you get to go from one to the next without missing a beat.  Now I doubly hope he's a bust.  I like Peyton Manning, but FUCK the Colts.
The Colts drafted Elway too DRILLING AND MANLINESS and there are rumors going around that Luck's father floated the idea that Andrew might, depending on who picks him, refuse to play for the team that picks him too awesome, for real ... though if it is the Colts I don't see why he wouldn't want to play for them.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #1172 on: November 14, 2011, 01:37:48 AM

Really, right now, the Colts are the only team even in the running.  They are two games "up" on Carolina, Miami, St. Louis and Minnesota.  No reason to think that any of those four teams won't win at least one more game.  While I can see the Colts maybe winning a game, can they win three?  I don't see it.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #1173 on: November 14, 2011, 01:44:15 AM

And I have to say, 49ers. WTF... I know shit about this team, never saw a game up to now. What is it about them? Someone enlighten me...
They've had a good young defense for a few years now with perhaps the best linebacking group in the NFL but their offense has been inconsistent at best with the offense coordinator position being a regular turnstile and their QB Alex Smith getting a lot of flak, fairly or unfairly, for being the #1 overall pick in 2005 and not delivering.

The previous coach, Mike Singletary, tried to emphasize "smash mouth football" with good defense and a strong running game -- i.e. the way his Bears teams played -- but was unable for whatever reason to make that happen. Harbaugh, meanwhile, was building the same type of team at Stanford. Despite all the attention Andrew Luck has been getting Stanford was a run first team under Harbaugh (and is the same under new coach David Shaw). Harbaugh then joins the 49ers and without the benefit of a preseason is somehow able to get them to play his type of football to great success (so far). Given how similar the roster is from last year's and assuming the Niners continue to play well they are perhaps the best example in recent memory of how important coaching is to the success of a team.

Edit: trim quote
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #1174 on: November 14, 2011, 08:09:40 AM

Another Sunday, another recap.

Watched New Orleans and Atlanta play a good game, one that was totally blown by two WTF's? One, how does the Atlanta kicker miss that last kick? There were some real bad missed kicks all over the place yesterday, like the Nick Folk kick in the Jets/Pats game (that made no difference). Then, Mike Smith WTF? 4th and 1 on your own goddamn 29 yard line and you go for it? FOR FUCK'S SAKE, WHY? You gain nothing by getting that 4th down. You still have to go another 40 yards after that to get in field goal range. Your defense has actually done a good job most of the game. Darren Sproles got shut out most of the day (my fantasy teams curse you for that). I realize it's the Saints and you want to keep the ball out of his hands, but that's fucking nuts. High risk, little reward and you lost the game and maybe the division because of it.

Best game of the day was the Giants/49ers game. Both teams played well most of the game, and it really was just a few mistakes and good coaching that won that game. The onside kick was risky, but it was executed BRILLIANTLY. The Giants not only weren't ready for it, they really weren't ready for a kick that good. I really dug the way the 49ers offense ran yesterday. Good, efficient passes that shredded the Giants zones more times than not, kept possession and moved the chains. The Giants even had a chance to win it, they just needed one more 4th down. Eli made some really DUMB throws about two or three times (throwing wild off his back foot to avoid a sack) but he mostly played well. His receivers had a few too many drops, including Cruz with a drop 10 yards away from any other player on the defense. Did you know Alex Smith is 7th in the league in QB rating, just head of The Rapist?

The Jets... oh, the Jets. The Pats are a terrible defense. Their secondary is horrible. So apparently that means you get overconfident and think you can pass the ball like the Manning-led Colts. No, you fucking morons, RUN THE BALL. GROUND AND POUND, DIPSHITS. I don't know why this is such a hard concept for them. Run the ball. Sanchez is not the kind of QB that will win you the game on his own. If he throws it 30+ times a game, YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG. It wasn't like the Pats were stopping the run. 25 attempts, 4.4 yards a carry. That's a solid average, so run the ball 5-10 more times, keep the ball out of Brady's hands, collect your W. I swear, coaching arrogance seems to be the Jets' biggest weakness. Their defense is good enough to win games for them, if they aren't on the field 30+ minutes a game.

I would just like to go on record now as saying that I officially hate Tim Tebow. Not because of his faith, but because he wins games he has no goddamn business winning. TWO FUCKING COMPLETIONS? EIGHT GODDAMN PASS ATTEMPTS? I'm a huge proponent of the running game, but John Fox, that's a fucking joke. 55 RUSHING ATTEMPTS? REALLY? What is this Pop Warner league? Kansas City, how badly do you have to suck monkey cock to LET THEM SUCCEED WITH IT? After what 2, 3 quarters of it, you'd think you could figure out a way to stop it. You know what they are going to do. Denver lost one of their top running backs and you STILL couldn't stop their running game? And your offense? Denver's D is 20th in the league in yards allowed and 30th in points allowed. 30TH. You can't score more than 10 points on them? 3.6 yards per pass? You are WORSE than a Pop Warner team. How did you win 4 straight? How are you not in the Luck sweepstakes? I cannot fathom how goddamn bad this team can be to lose this game AT HOME.

And the Eagles. You really do want to make the NFC East a two-team race, don't you? JOHN SKELTON. That should be all the words required to shame you into quitting football as a team. 3.6 yards per pass against the Cardinals. A QB rating of 32.5. How's that $40 million taste now, bitches? And it was AT HOME. No excuses for losing a lead in the 4th quarter for the 5th time this year. One would have to go to Kansas City to see such a poor performance on a Sunday. They are just lucky the Giants seem willing to keep them in the division race. Also, Washington/Rex Grossman/Miami, LOL.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #1175 on: November 14, 2011, 08:19:21 AM

For some reason everyone is still trying to convince us that Mark Sanchez is a good QB. He's not. He's a Matt Ryan that makes more mistakes.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1176 on: November 14, 2011, 09:43:06 AM

Yeah, I still haven't figured out why 1) he was a first-rounder, 2) the sports punditry wants to anoint him an elite QB. His accuracy is terrible when he gets excited and he makes iffy decisions even when not running for his life. He's a system QB - put him in a system where he doesn't have to win you the games by himself, he'll get you 10-12 wins a season with a good team. Have him throwing 40 passes a game? You'll get the Eli-face.

Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #1177 on: November 14, 2011, 10:16:29 AM

Yeah, I still haven't figured out why 1) he was a first-rounder, 2) the sports punditry wants to anoint him an elite QB. His accuracy is terrible when he gets excited and he makes iffy decisions even when not running for his life. He's a system QB - put him in a system where he doesn't have to win you the games by himself, he'll get you 10-12 wins a season with a good team. Have him throwing 40 passes a game? You'll get the Eli-face.

He is a good looking So-Cal kid whose looks match the coach's attitude.  He's potentially a marketing goldmine, and the sports media loves marketable people.
Terracotta Army

Reply #1178 on: November 14, 2011, 10:28:33 AM

One would have to go to Kansas City to see such a poor performance on a Sunday.

Ahem... *cough*...

Pontbriand, a Pro Bowler considered the NFL's best long snapper, accidentally hiked the ball off the right foot of center Alex Mack, who lines up at left guard for field-goal attempts. The ball skipped back to holder Brad Maynard, who did a great job of placing it for Dawson. However, the 13-year veteran's timing was thrown off and Dawson missed the chip shot.

Only the Browns can make fucking up this historically epic.  How does a team block its own field goal? See my previous Browns post a page or two back... that video still holds.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1179 on: November 14, 2011, 11:36:58 AM

The Browns are a factory of sadness.  why so serious?

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #1180 on: November 14, 2011, 11:38:45 AM

Laces out, Brad.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #1181 on: November 14, 2011, 12:41:41 PM

And the Eagles. You really do want to make the NFC East a two-team race, don't you? JOHN SKELTON. That should be all the words required to shame you into quitting football as a team. 3.6 yards per pass against the Cardinals. A QB rating of 32.5. How's that $40 million taste now, bitches? And it was AT HOME. No excuses for losing a lead in the 4th quarter for the 5th time this year. One would have to go to Kansas City to see such a poor performance on a Sunday. They are just lucky the Giants seem willing to keep them in the division race. Also, Washington/Rex Grossman/Miami, LOL.

I can understand why the Eagles had problems on offense.  Maclin out, DeSean suspended.  And apparently Vick played that whole game with broken ribs.  Which I guess would have made a difference if those three played on the defense that blew yet another 4th quarter lead.  awesome, for real

Over and out.
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #1182 on: November 14, 2011, 02:56:20 PM

Matt Schaub out for the year

I hope none of you had him in the fantasy league.   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #1183 on: November 14, 2011, 03:02:54 PM

I have Andre Johnson, who would be hurt by this as well, but that doesn't matter much since he's been hurt too.  Ohhhhh, I see.

-Rasix
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #1184 on: November 14, 2011, 03:13:50 PM

Wow that's huge. They might been the top team in the AFC even with the injuries to Williams and Johnson.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #1185 on: November 14, 2011, 03:41:34 PM

My Foster stock just went up.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #1186 on: November 14, 2011, 03:45:34 PM

What you don't trust Matt Leinart? awesome, for real
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #1187 on: November 14, 2011, 03:49:00 PM

Hell, so did Ben Tate's.  Maybe Houston can copy Denver's innovative offense and just run 60 times a game.  awesome, for real

Over and out.
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #1188 on: November 14, 2011, 04:04:36 PM

I'd defend Eli, but Jesus Christ that face is awful.  I expect him to ask for sum french-fried pataters, um-hum, any time they try to interview him.  Peyton and Archie should abduct him and wire his fucking jaw shut.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #1189 on: November 14, 2011, 04:14:09 PM

Peyton and Archie can't throw stones, they ALL have the Manning face.

God Save the Horn Players
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 64 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2011  
Jump to: