Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 03:12:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2011 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 64 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2011  (Read 381551 times)
Sir Fodder
Terracotta Army

Reply #1120 on: November 08, 2011, 11:55:53 AM

My comment is that if you want coverage of the whole field, you need to go to the stadium.

The nearest stadium is over 100 miles from me, and its the Cardinals.

THE CARDINALS 100 MILES AWAY, not to mention I am broke.

What the fuck Paelos?

You actually like that zoomed in camera view to where you cannot see players playing the game, you know... during the plays? For my part, I'd like to actually see the game being played.

I just stumbled across this: The Footage the NFL Won't Show You
Despite Its TV Ubiquity, the League Won't Share "All-22" Footage; Second-Guessing the Coach
Witholding the all 22 footage, ahh wtf? This makes no sense to me, rage and despair, RAGE. I wanna punt a ball into that Charlie Casserly asshole as he goes to watch the all 22 footage each week.

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #1121 on: November 08, 2011, 12:33:20 PM

So you are complaining about your free entertainment value then?

I see. Were I involved at all in the game side of this, knew that you were broke and thus not benefiting the advertising on the TV broadcasts, I would deliver this message to you bluntly.

Life sucks, get a fucking helmet.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #1122 on: November 08, 2011, 01:23:27 PM

Sometimes the NFL makes me really fucking sad. The All-22 is one of those times.

ghost
The Dentist

Reply #1123 on: November 08, 2011, 01:47:46 PM

Well, it looks as if the Pats cut Albert Haynesworth.  He's turned into an enormous piece of shit in the past 4 years. 
WayAbvPar

Reply #1124 on: November 08, 2011, 01:50:57 PM

I have theorized that his exit from the team building is what caused the near Earth asteroid scare.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #1125 on: November 08, 2011, 01:57:44 PM

Well, it looks as if the Pats cut Albert Haynesworth.  He's turned into an enormous piece of shit in the past 4 years. 

Dislike him.  Perfect example of playing for a contract then completely fucking tanking it.  Stomping incident didn't help either.

-Rasix
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #1126 on: November 08, 2011, 02:00:52 PM

So you are complaining about your free entertainment value then?

I see. Were I involved at all in the game side of this, knew that you were broke and thus not benefiting the advertising on the TV broadcasts, I would deliver this message to you bluntly.

Life sucks, get a fucking helmet.

This is one of those times where I see someone go all over-the-top-total-twat mode, and I don't understand why. They have the All 22 footage, the technology exists to deliver it, and there's demand. Why shouldn't people complain that they can't get it?

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #1127 on: November 08, 2011, 02:05:15 PM

And there's also the sexual assault, regular assault, driving over 100 miles per hour and hitting someone, and I believe something else about guns, but I couldn't find it in my Google brain.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #1128 on: November 08, 2011, 03:35:48 PM

This is one of those times where I see someone go all over-the-top-total-twat mode, and I don't understand why. They have the All 22 footage, the technology exists to deliver it, and there's demand. Why shouldn't people complain that they can't get it?

Because if you literally invest nothing in the product, you shouldn't bitch about it?

If you don't like the free coverage to the sport, don't watch it.

Also, it seems like a really stupid thing to get upset about or even worry about it. It's like complaining your diamond shoes are too tight.

WayAbvPar

Reply #1129 on: November 08, 2011, 03:37:17 PM

This site is all about bitching.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #1130 on: November 08, 2011, 03:45:04 PM

Oh I know, Sir Fodder just asked me WTF, so I told him.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

EDIT: Also, the NFL will eventually release that kind of information for a fee. They are just teasing the market. They are already doing surveys on whether or not fans would pay for it.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 03:47:43 PM by Paelos »

ghost
The Dentist

Reply #1131 on: November 08, 2011, 03:54:11 PM

This site is all about bitching.

What???

ACK!
WayAbvPar

Reply #1132 on: November 08, 2011, 08:41:29 PM

Oh I know, Sir Fodder just asked me WTF, so I told him.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

EDIT: Also, the NFL will eventually release that kind of information for a fee. They are just teasing the market. They are already doing surveys on whether or not fans would pay for it.

I would pay for a package with alternative channels with different cameras and multiple replays along with webcasts and such. Maybe $10 a month?

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1133 on: November 09, 2011, 06:56:18 AM

Personally, I wish the NFL and the content providers would wise up and start realizing how much money they are leaving on the table. Instead of $300 for Sunday Ticket, why can't I pay like $10 a month for only Packers' games? Throw in an add-on that lets me have those extra camera angles for $5 a month, maybe even another $5 for On-Demand style replays of any games I want after the fact. Sure, it's nice to get that $300 or so upfront, but with the plethora of digital outlets into people's homes, you could chop and charge the shit out of people in small dribs and drabs that they don't ever notice. It's the MMO F2P/DLC model turned to 11.

ghost
The Dentist

Reply #1134 on: November 09, 2011, 01:19:13 PM

There's probably something in their collective agreement that won't allow that.  I mean, how else are the Cardinals or Jaguars going to get watched?
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1135 on: November 09, 2011, 01:24:34 PM

That reminds me of another thing that sticks in my craw about the NFL (and really all the big sports leagues) - TV blackouts on regional coverage. The TV revenue is where the money is. There is no reason whatsoever that I should be unable to watch a game because it's "not in my region." If I pay the extra money to Comcast or DirecTV for sports channels, it shouldn't matter what region I'm in or if the stadium is full.

ghost
The Dentist

Reply #1136 on: November 09, 2011, 01:31:11 PM

I do agree with you that they are being short sighted about the potential for making money.  I suspect that as the internet becomes more ingrained in everything that we do that we will eventually see changes as to how these things are covered. 
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #1137 on: November 09, 2011, 06:35:37 PM

That reminds me of another thing that sticks in my craw about the NFL (and really all the big sports leagues) - TV blackouts on regional coverage. The TV revenue is where the money is. There is no reason whatsoever that I should be unable to watch a game because it's "not in my region." If I pay the extra money to Comcast or DirecTV for sports channels, it shouldn't matter what region I'm in or if the stadium is full.

I can understand, to an extent, blacking out games which are not nearby. Even if I disagree with it.

The one that is a fucking travesty (that really only applies for baseball these days) is that if you live within a certain distance of the stadium and the game does not sell out, they can black out YOUR LOCAL TEAM to give you an "incentive" to drive 75 miles to the stadium and pay 50 bucks or more for a ticket.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #1138 on: November 09, 2011, 06:46:29 PM

As any Raiders fan can tell you, it absolutely applies to football as well.  why so serious?

Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #1139 on: November 09, 2011, 06:57:02 PM

As any Raiders fan can tell you, it absolutely applies to football as well.  why so serious?

Ahh I forgot about the teams that have attendance woes. I live in an area where the two closest teams can be shit-tastic and seem to always fill up their stadiums (Chicago and Indy) and the next closest (St Louis) is not a team anyone wants to watch anyway. I am also a Packers fan, and the Packers haven't had a non-sell out game since my parents were in jr high elementary school.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 07:03:34 PM by Chimpy »

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Outlawedprod
Terracotta Army

Reply #1140 on: November 10, 2011, 08:56:02 AM

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #1141 on: November 11, 2011, 07:06:58 AM

How does Norv Turner still have a job?

WayAbvPar

Reply #1142 on: November 11, 2011, 08:26:35 AM

How does Norv Turner still have a job?
I ask myself that several times a season. It is a mystery. Also, I am pretty sure Rivers is hurt. His throwing motion looks totally different. I bet he has shoulder surgery after the season.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #1143 on: November 11, 2011, 08:29:48 AM

He still seems to have decent arm strength, though. Highlights showed him throwing a number of deep balls including that now infamous play to Jackson.
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #1144 on: November 11, 2011, 08:36:40 AM

How does Pete Carroll still have a job.   Ohhhhh, I see.
WayAbvPar

Reply #1145 on: November 11, 2011, 08:48:57 AM

Please keep asking that. Have everyone you know ask it. Maybe it will seep into Paul Allen's head eventually.

ghost
The Dentist

Reply #1146 on: November 11, 2011, 08:55:42 AM

That may go down as the stupidest hire in NFL history. 
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1147 on: November 11, 2011, 09:02:39 AM

What the fuck is wrong with Vincent Jackson is a better question. He looked like he didn't give two shits to be out on the field last night. That INT in the end zone, he seemed to be jogging down the whole way, not even bothering to look if he was going to be targeted or not. To be fair, there were at least 3 balls into the endzone that Rivers should never have thrown - the first TD to Vincent Brown, the 2nd TD to Brown that got overturned on a Mickey Mouse bullshit rule, and the one to Jackson. But you know, if Jackson had bothered to make even minimal effort to find the ball and make a play on it, that might have been a TD. He's starting to resemble Randy Moss in his Oakland days - out to collect a paycheck.

Of course, Rivers spent most of the night on his back, and that's likely to happen when 2/5th of your o-line goes down during the game. But the fact that Turner never managed to get him enough blocking to make passes is telling. I have no idea how Turner still has a head coaching job either. His teams just never seem to have the fire in their belly.

Oakland, meanwhile, has a really good running game, and Denarius Moore looks a legit deep threat. Palmer did well enough, but when you only have to throw the ball 20 times because Michael Bush is facerolling the San Diego D, well, he better look good. I can't say the Chargers are done, but losing 4 straight, including 2 straight at home, that's not getting you to the playoffs. Their remaining schedule isn't soft - they still have Baltimore and Chicago, and they still have to go to Oakland and Detroit. Maybe it's the injuries that are killing them, but I think this may be Turner's last season in San Diego. Oh, and Rivers has taken the 2nd most sacks in the league (25) behind the Rapist (26) and tied with Sam Bradford. There may be a clue there about his performance.

ghost
The Dentist

Reply #1148 on: November 11, 2011, 09:04:39 AM

It's only a matter of time until Palmer gets his feet back under him.  He was in a hard spot, coming in cold to a new playbook and new players. 
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #1149 on: November 11, 2011, 09:06:21 AM

Oakland, meanwhile, has a really good running game, and Denarius Moore looks a legit deep threat. Palmer did well enough, but when you only have to throw the ball 20 times because Michael Bush is facerolling the San Diego D, well, he better look good. I can't say the Chargers are done, but losing 4 straight, including 2 straight at home, that's not getting you to the playoffs. Their remaining schedule isn't soft - they still have Baltimore and Chicago, and they still have to go to Oakland and Detroit. Maybe it's the injuries that are killing them, but I think this may be Turner's last season in San Diego. Oh, and Rivers has taken the 2nd most sacks in the league (25) behind the Rapist (26) and tied with Sam Bradford. There may be a clue there about his performance.

That's therapists, Mr. Connery.
WayAbvPar

Reply #1150 on: November 11, 2011, 09:09:51 AM

That's not what your mother said, Trebeck!

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #1151 on: November 11, 2011, 11:20:30 AM

Matt Millen says hi.

Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #1152 on: November 11, 2011, 11:24:55 AM

Shall we go down another Browns list?  Ohhhhh, I see.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #1153 on: November 13, 2011, 12:23:02 PM

Tebow has completed 2 passes and yet the Broncos are still likely to win the game.

If it stays at 2 passes is that a record fewest passes completed by the winning team in the Super Bowl era?  awesome, for real
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #1154 on: November 13, 2011, 12:51:09 PM

Two passes completed, one of which is for a touchdown.

Edit:  And he finished with a 102.6 QB rating.   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 01:37:32 PM by ghost »
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 64 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2011  
Jump to: