Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 02:08:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Friends Lists 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Friends Lists  (Read 2706 times)
jpark
Terracotta Army

on: July 15, 2005, 07:58:10 AM

Too many damn alts.  My friends list is reaching capacity just tracking all the alts of the people I play with.  The friends list needs to be able to store more names.  It should also function as a contact manager:  the option to add a few comments about the member on the friends list or the ignore list.

« Last Edit: July 15, 2005, 08:00:17 AM by jpark »

"I think my brain just shoved its head up its own ass in retaliation.
"  HaemishM.
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: July 15, 2005, 08:07:28 AM

The friggin' ignore list needs more space.  I don't use the friends list much, since everyone who matters™ is either in our ingame channel or in the guild. :P
But the ignore list.. gah. I end up having to remove level 1 farmer alts spamming IF just to add another level 1 farmer alt. Of course this means I'm missing out on things like:
[Meinv] yells: [Schematic: Sniper Scope]90g [Ghost Mushroom]19gThe ones that want look quickly , does not want me to roll off the production line . It is happy to wish everybody to play. Visit . .
Yes, I screenshotted it.
[do we have an engrish thread?]

-- Z.

Rodent
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: July 15, 2005, 02:55:47 PM

I'm oh so fucking glad the chineese farmers aren't as outspoken on the Euro servers... Ofcourse we get alot of Engrish anyways, but for other reasons.

Wiiiiii!
WayAbvPar

Reply #3 on: July 15, 2005, 03:10:09 PM

Ideally all characters in an account would be linked, so once you befriended one, any alts would also appear.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: July 15, 2005, 04:35:37 PM

I am actually thinking of codeing a mod for WoW to make an improved friends list with Features like:
- Grouping (sort your list into good friends, friends alts, casual aquaintances, known Ninjalooters, shit like that)
- Comments (this is so and so's alt)
- Class info (always hate seeing 5 friends on and never being able to remember which one is a warrior and which a warlock)
- Last known level (i dont believe friends tracks that unless the character is currently online)

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
jpark
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: July 16, 2005, 01:08:38 AM

I am actually thinking of codeing a mod for WoW to make an improved friends list with Features like:
- Grouping (sort your list into good friends, friends alts, casual aquaintances, known Ninjalooters, shit like that)
- Comments (this is so and so's alt)
- Class info (always hate seeing 5 friends on and never being able to remember which one is a warrior and which a warlock)
- Last known level (i dont believe friends tracks that unless the character is currently online)

This would be great to have.

To push the limits of sophistication, I will make another suggestion:

Loot history.

You can review the loot history of each person on your friends list by color (epic, blues, greens) that they received while grouped with you.  This can be helpful for guys I group with often I don't know in real life - where some question may arise about how often who gets what.  Not a big deal - but it gives perspective.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2005, 01:10:37 AM by jpark »

"  HaemishM.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #6 on: July 16, 2005, 11:28:00 AM

Ideally all characters in an account would be linked, so once you befriended one, any alts would also appear.

To me, this is the one feature MMOGs have completely missed and I'm not sure why. Running a guild that's semi-large is hard enough, but I think at the very least they should offer guilds the option of putting account names next to all alts. If privacy is the issue I can understand not wanting it overall, but I think it should be a toggle option given to the player.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
jpark
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: July 16, 2005, 11:46:57 AM

There was a separate thread on this awhile back ago.  The main problem with seeing the alts of an account is for those users that want privacy:  the ability to log on a low level alt and not be bothered with tells associated with your "main".

Still, it would be nice to have the option to enable a this feature and allow players to choose which alts connected to their account can be publically known.

"  HaemishM.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #8 on: July 16, 2005, 11:49:40 AM

Sure, privacy is key. I'm saying it should be an option for people in guilds that have a lot of alts. I see people signing on a lot who I can't remember who their main is. That's just a problem when I think they are new to the guild and it causes confusion.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Sairon
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: July 17, 2005, 05:49:25 PM

we have a rank in the guild called alts and the those alts has who's their main as comment, works pretty well.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #10 on: July 17, 2005, 07:59:55 PM

The GW system works better.

Perfectly, actually (unless you're a privacy-type).

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Friends Lists  
Jump to: