Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 05:31:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: The Healer Situation 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Healer Situation  (Read 11055 times)
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #35 on: January 01, 2007, 05:19:38 PM

Going way way back to the OP - healers in CoH/V (not so much V, I guess, given the lack of healing powers on that side) allow you to be more lazy / less coordinated as a team, since the healer is there to pull your butt out of the fire. It's nice to know you've got a healer backing you up. Other Defender / Controller powersets are possibly more useful, but it's easier to see what your healer is doing than to work out exactly how debuffed the mob you are fighting is.

Llava
Contributor

Rrava roves you rong time

Reply #36 on: January 01, 2007, 07:28:13 PM

But it's hard not to feel like a god when buffed with speed boost.

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: January 02, 2007, 02:23:51 AM

Eh... in my experience (mostly CoV, never got to a high level in CoH) tanks/CC are a lot more important than healers (at least in small groups). Our regular group was a dominator, a mastermind and 2 brutes (with the occasional rad corruptor). In a smallish group, the 2 brutes could keep all aggro on the lts / bosses and stay alive using their self heals / invuln skills (I was energy/fire, the other brute was ss/invul, so the only problematic enemies were toggle droppers -- very rare) while most of the other enemies were crowd controlled/"offtanked" by the mastermind and dominator.

Then again, we weren't running missions on the highest difficulty, either. :P

-- Z.

Glazius
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: January 02, 2007, 06:09:37 AM

So, just to advance my "you need a little healing but not a lot" theory, I was on an SG team last night consisting of one blaster (elec/energy), one Kheldian, one scrapper (BS/invuln), one mind/storm controller, and one fire/trick arrow controller. I and the Kheldian were sidekicked and the mission was set for Invincible.

Versus Rikti.

So, we're fighting one group, and then a two-boss-two-lieutenant patrol wanders in. And _another_ two-boss-two-lieutenant patrol wanders in. The shit has officially hit the fan.

The mind/storm focuses fire on the one patrol boss that just walked past the whole team without noticing us, for whatever reason, which means that when nobody else is looking it comes up and swordsmacks her into oblivion. Oops.

I am still not entirely sure how we all survived, but having big AoE autohit spreads of badstats was definitely a contributing factor. If we didn't have the healing from the Kheldian's Restore Essence (though when she hit Tank Mode we lost that) and, uh, the two healing powers in the Medicine power pool, we would have been warehouse pizza.

Yet I don't think advertising myself as a "healer" would be all that truthful.

--GF
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: The Healer Situation  
Jump to: