Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 01:13:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: F13 Fantasy Football 2014 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: F13 Fantasy Football 2014  (Read 80698 times)
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #140 on: September 22, 2014, 08:56:12 AM

I am fucking done with Baltimore players for this year.

I have never played WoW.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #141 on: September 22, 2014, 12:39:18 PM

Torrey Smith is killing me, but I had no stock in their running backs this year and everyone else's pain is amusing to me.  Antonio Brown owning the Panthers saved my week in one league, too.  Go Steelers!
El Gallo
Terracotta Army

Reply #142 on: September 22, 2014, 04:05:11 PM

Finally in the win column. My ugly-ass QB looks like Tom Brady to me today after that 42-point showing.

This post makes me want to squeeze into my badass red jeans.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #143 on: September 22, 2014, 04:42:31 PM

Finally in the win column. My ugly-ass QB looks like Tom Brady to me today after that 42-point showing.

That was a pound me in the ass game by Luck. Yeesh.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Zetleft
Terracotta Army

Reply #144 on: September 22, 2014, 09:46:30 PM

I don't feel sorry for you.  I got taken to the woodshed by Kirk Cousins and Rashad Jennings of all people, that just ain't right. 
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #145 on: September 23, 2014, 06:28:27 AM

Aaron Rodgers vs Chicago, or Rivers vs Jax?  Rodgers has been held down in points, but he is Aaron Rodgers.  Alternately, Rivers is facing Jacksonville.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #146 on: September 23, 2014, 07:13:02 AM

Aaron Rodgers vs Chicago, or Rivers vs Jax?  Rodgers has been held down in points, but he is Aaron Rodgers.  Alternately, Rivers is facing Jacksonville.

Oh man.  That is a hard one.

I'd go with Rodgers.  GB has to have a statement game this week.

SD can play it soft this week and just run 45+ times with one guy.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #147 on: September 23, 2014, 07:32:25 AM

I would totally go with Rivers in that scenario, because it is almost a guarantee they are going to put up 30 points, and you gotta figure he will have a part in that.  With Rodgers?  They way GB has played so far this year?  No idea what to expect.  He might get you 35 points, or he might get you 10.  Seems too risky.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #148 on: September 23, 2014, 08:57:19 AM

No question whatsoever, go with Rivers. Rodgers and the Pack have been terrible this year. Rivers, meanwhile has beaten the Seahaws and no matter how bad the Bears are, they aren't Jacksonville. I'm facing the exact same choice in the JV league.

Also, Grover City Crows put 151 points up this past weekend. They could have beat my shit team with a little more than half that. Green Bay & Tom Brady sucking wind has killed my fantasy teams this year.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #149 on: September 23, 2014, 09:00:14 AM

Oooohhh, God damn Tom Brady.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #150 on: September 23, 2014, 09:24:13 AM

Rivers.  For the reasons stated.
WayAbvPar

Reply #151 on: September 23, 2014, 10:12:43 AM

Ugh. I was dreading week 4, and it is here. SO. MANY. BYES. With all my injuries, byes, and shit performances I now have Teddy Bridgewater as my starting QB. You're welcome, MuffinMan!

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #152 on: September 23, 2014, 10:34:44 AM

OK, that QB situation is decided.  I'm starting Rivers.  Hopefully he can manage a passing game.

Now, for the second: Tom Brady or Alex Smith?  Tom Brady is not exactly shitting the bed, but he's disappointing me as a QB1.  Currently, Smith has more points in the relevant league.  He also has one more TD and four INT (yikes).  Probably stick with Brady and hope he gets his act together.  Mostly because the KC defense is also disappointing me.

Phildo
Contributor

Reply #153 on: September 23, 2014, 10:43:48 AM

Wait, did I just give you advice for my league?  Dammit!

Please note that Yegolev has at least 35 points more than the next closest team in this league.
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #154 on: September 23, 2014, 10:51:58 AM

Oh man.  That is a hard one.

I'd go with Rodgers.  GB has to have a statement game this week.

SD can play it soft this week and just run 45+ times with one guy.

Every week Rodgers delivers shit increases the odds that the next week will equal GINORMOUS points.

I understand that there is no rational reason to believe this but they don;t call it Reality Football do they?

I have never played WoW.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #155 on: September 23, 2014, 11:11:37 AM

Wait, did I just give you advice for my league?  Dammit!

Please note that Yegolev has at least 35 points more than the next closest team in this league.

I don't see this as a reason to stop trying to win. why so serious?  Are we playing for money in your league?  I'm not winning at all in the other league, to which I've donated a Franklin.

« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 11:15:40 AM by Yegolev »

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #156 on: September 23, 2014, 11:22:05 AM

WOOOOOO!!! GON' GET SOME COLD CUTS!!!

Love that commercial.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #157 on: September 23, 2014, 11:23:21 AM

Best thing from Geico ever.

Phildo
Contributor

Reply #158 on: September 23, 2014, 12:57:55 PM

Nope, didn't want to ask people to put up cash in a league where we pulled in a few randoms.  Especially with that one guy crying about how the defenses are being scored, when all I did was use Yahoo's standard settings.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #159 on: September 23, 2014, 02:26:09 PM

Couple more trade offers out!

Just trying to improve everyone's rosters in the main league while failing end of FY in real life.

Edit:
I love trading so much that I want to make sure that I PM the right F13 handle based on teams, here's what I have so far in the Main F13 League:

Los Sombreritos (MrHat)
Shiznitz (Shiznitz)
Haughty Dipshit (WayAbvPar)
Ex-Presidents (Ruvaldt)
Roosters (ElGallo)
Attack Monkies (Paelos)
The Invalids (MuffinMan)
Kilt Wavers (Haemish)
Team Guybrush (Rasix)
Ginger Gorillas (Way's RL Friend?)
DrunksonGrass (Zetleft?)
Russel Wilson's War (?)

« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 06:05:32 PM by MrHat »
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #160 on: September 24, 2014, 07:51:31 AM

I put Maclin on my trading block.  Looking for a WR/TE/RB of equal value.

I understand it might be a bit early since we just drafted. I took him 5th (58th).  I admit that was probably a round or two early.

Still trading Maclin?
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #161 on: September 24, 2014, 03:02:49 PM

In a ten-team league, folks have dropped Delanie Walker and Jordan Cameron this week.  I have Ertz and Kelce, think I should make a move?

Ben Tate, Moreno and Ingram are also available for stashing.  Hmm.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #162 on: September 24, 2014, 04:35:07 PM

Team Guybrush (?)

That's been my name for like the last 3 times.  awesome, for real

I hate my team.  So, so much.

-Rasix
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #163 on: September 24, 2014, 06:27:20 PM

Team Guybrush (?)

That's been my name for like the last 3 times.  awesome, for real

I hate my team.  So, so much.

You could probably move a TE to a team with a surplus of start able RBs (those roosters).
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #164 on: September 24, 2014, 07:15:17 PM

Grab Cameron for Kelce, trade him or Ertz for someone's RB2, then pick Kelce back up?  Hah.
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #165 on: September 26, 2014, 01:27:18 PM

I put Maclin on my trading block.  Looking for a WR/TE/RB of equal value.

I understand it might be a bit early since we just drafted. I took him 5th (58th).  I admit that was probably a round or two early.

Still trading Maclin?

No.  But Larry F and Owen Daniels are for sale.

I have never played WoW.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #166 on: September 28, 2014, 12:24:55 PM

Some of us may have been a bit off on that Rivers over Rodgers suggestion.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #167 on: September 28, 2014, 04:58:55 PM

Some of us may have been a bit off on that Rivers over Rodgers suggestion.

Perhaps not as off as you thought.

Over and out.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #168 on: September 29, 2014, 09:04:04 AM

Not that far off - you couldn't have gone wrong with either pick. In the league where I have both, Rodgers only gave 4 more points than Rivers and both were over 30. Holy shit, the Bears defense is BAD.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #169 on: September 29, 2014, 10:23:40 AM

A 1.8 difference in Rodgers and Rivers is not why I'm losing this week.  I guess I'll start Rodgers next week.

Phildo
Contributor

Reply #170 on: September 29, 2014, 10:30:42 AM

I had the same internal Rivers/Rodgers debate last year and benched Rodgers a few times before he got hurt.  I don't envy you that, especially with how they're playing this year.  Or maybe I DO envy that.

LeSean McCoy is killing me.
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #171 on: September 29, 2014, 11:15:07 AM

Draft grade D+.  Record so far: 3-1.  The draft grading system is a nice gimmick but it predicted I would go 2-11 this year.  The flaw is that it assumes that no one makes any changes and every player exactly meets projections.

I benched 4 of my highest draft picks this week due to byes/injury concerns/poor performance and swapped out my drafted TE (Pitta) for a free agent and hit the jackpot with Donnell (99% luck, admittedly).  I think every fantasy football expert in the world missed the call on Steve Smith Sr.  Drunks grabbed him AFTER the draft.  He is the fucking #4 WR so far.

Drafting is important but it really matters what you do during the season and week to week. 

I have never played WoW.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #172 on: September 29, 2014, 11:17:20 AM

Drafting is important but it really matters what you do during the season and week to week. 

Yah, I just can't get motivated to do this anymore.  So, my teams are going further into the shitter.  I didn't even manage to field a starting defense since mine was on a bye.  Facepalm

-Rasix
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #173 on: September 29, 2014, 11:25:09 AM

To be fair, who the fuck knew Steve Smith would do so well with Flacco throwing to him on a team with a running game made of chewing gum and chicken wire? I'm betting Carolina is regretting the decision to let him go instead of paying him to retire as a Panther. I know Cam Newton is regretting that shit. The NFC South is shit this year, apparently.

The NFL is just no longer very predictable at all. About the only thing you can predict is there will be a lot of shitty penalties on the defense that will give undeserving teams the upper hand.

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #174 on: September 29, 2014, 11:43:42 AM

Steve Smith wouldn't be half as effective if he was still in Carolina. Because there's one thing Carolina brass don't seem willing to admit yet...

Cam Newton isn't the answer. He's a selfish, pouty, non-factor at one of the biggest leadership positions on the field. He isn't in the top 10 in Y/A so far, and has three passing TDs. That's exactly the same amount of passing TD's as he backup, who actually has a winning record right now. Cam's 1-2 now in games, 15th in yards per game, and 10th in QB Rating.

This guy was the first overall pick in the draft. Meanwhile, a guy like Andrew Luck is absolutely melting Cam's face off in terms of overall #1 pick performance. Why? Because Andrew Luck is a pure QB, not a just a freak athlete who dominated one year in college.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: F13 Fantasy Football 2014  
Jump to: