Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 01:22:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 233 Go Down Print
Author Topic: War  (Read 1971148 times)
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #3395 on: December 21, 2008, 08:31:07 AM

{edit Meh. Nevermind
« Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 08:35:35 AM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #3396 on: December 22, 2008, 07:23:45 AM

Rookie ship   0   4

awesome, for real

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Jayce
Terracotta Army

Diluted Fool

Reply #3397 on: December 22, 2008, 07:29:58 AM

Rookie ship   0   4

awesome, for real

I saw that Jaroslav went back and got a Velator or something and started shooting stuff up with his Civilian Electron Blaster.  Makes my killmail whoring with a point (inside multiple dictor bubbles, mind you) seem positively helpful.

Witty banter not included.
Sparky
Terracotta Army

Reply #3398 on: December 22, 2008, 07:43:33 AM

There's no shame in flying a tackling rookie ship
JoeTF
Terracotta Army

Reply #3399 on: December 22, 2008, 08:58:20 AM

As long as it's tackling and battliefield isn't littered with bubbles.

And why not get t1 friggie which is much, much better than noobship?
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #3400 on: December 22, 2008, 09:17:47 AM

Because a lot of people don't have newbie ships on their overview. It's a clever way to sneak in under the radar.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #3401 on: December 22, 2008, 09:38:27 AM

Because it works and costs nothing. Reminds me of one time I was in Uhsra-Khan where CVA blew them apart due to some strange rules of an event. And then they were about to attack the transports we were trying to defend when we swooped back in Newbie frigs and jammed them all with modules we had bought and installed.

And there was the time I lost my Covert ops to stain empire so I Hoped into a newbie frig and not only shot up a warp bubble with my Civilian Gatling gun, I went scouting in it and it was actually great as it warped slowly so it was perfect for making safespots.

Thats something a lot of people don't grasp. If you get webbed by a newbie frig or a rapier, you are still webbed. if you only take 1 or 2 points of damage... you've taken one or 2 points of damage. Whether you get jammed by a falcon, a griffin or a Veletor, you are still jammed. If you are scrambled, you are going nowhere. Complaining that the other guy didn't use the "correct" piece of equipment to help kill you is cold comfort when you are sitting in your clone bay.

Hic sunt dracones.
Jayce
Terracotta Army

Diluted Fool

Reply #3402 on: December 22, 2008, 10:30:21 AM

There's no shame in flying a tackling rookie ship

I never said there was, in fact I consider the most excellent ship in the game to be MY RIFTER.  I can fly bigger ships, but but for my money you can't fly a better ship.

Maybe there were none for sale.  I ditched a covops to get into the one Rifter on the local market.  Also I think you get a rookie ship for free if you're podded and have no ships at the station you end up in right?

Witty banter not included.
Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #3403 on: December 22, 2008, 10:45:39 AM

You get a rookie ship if you dock in a station are not in a ship and have no other ships there.
Terracotta Army

Reply #3404 on: December 22, 2008, 11:06:40 AM

He was wrong. So wrong.

Bob attack AAA
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #3405 on: December 22, 2008, 11:41:30 AM

Bob attack AAA

Nope. Apparently BOB need help from AAA to take down a fucking jammer now AND 2 to one odds before they will even attempt it.

*Insert hysterical laughter here*

Hic sunt dracones.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #3406 on: December 22, 2008, 11:44:10 AM

Uhhh...as a guy that hasn't been in a jammer fight in a while...has something changed? I remember always needing as many guys as possible to deal with those pricks. 2 to 1 sounds about right.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #3407 on: December 22, 2008, 12:02:37 PM

Uhhh...as a guy that hasn't been in a jammer fight in a while...has something changed? I remember always needing as many guys as possible to deal with those pricks. 2 to 1 sounds about right.

If you want to do it without loses yes. But otherwise you can pretty well gank it before the enemy can kill you with 50-100 gank BS so long as they don't have a large majority.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #3408 on: December 22, 2008, 01:37:08 PM

The real funny thing is that BOB forced AAA to commit 100 BSes and fly 30 jumps to turn around and go back the same 30 jumps without doing anything, bar enduring that their own towers are saved.

Against the goons.

In BOB Prime time.

But yeah BOB had 100 BSes ready to rock and they were scared to commit to opening the door for their capitals.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 01:41:22 PM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #3409 on: December 22, 2008, 03:45:17 PM

Well, if they came with sniper fits they might have had problems. I am not sure how the POS was fit, but once you reach a critical mass, even an ECM heavy POS won't stop you so long as you fit close range gank.
TripleDES
Terracotta Army

Reply #3410 on: December 22, 2008, 03:57:28 PM

Could have sent scouts before doing 30 jumps... just sayin'.

EVE (inactive): Deakin Frost -- APB (fukken dead): Kayleigh (on Patriot).
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #3411 on: December 23, 2008, 01:22:08 AM

I'd suggest that they came because they'd been promised titan kills.  Since none of our titan pilots were stupid enough (on this occasion) to engage with 400 hostiles and less than a hundred friendlies in system, in our enemies' prime, they had to go away again.

It says something interesting about the dynamic between the various members of Bob/AAA/the rest of the GBC that they had that firepower there and didn't do something with it, though.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
JoeTF
Terracotta Army

Reply #3412 on: December 24, 2008, 11:17:20 AM

Nostradamus predicted that BOB will siege as many towers as possible to come out Christmass morning, so the lifeless will have an advantage.  awesome, for real

Straight from our op forum:
Quote from: SirMolle
Wednesday 24th and Thursday 25th
Packages, wrappings, good food, relatives, kids, grandparents.

Fit stomache extenders to be able to fully fit all food being served. make sure all presents are wrapped in due time.

Eggnog and/or Glögg is adviced to be moderate in, they tend to give you nasty sideeffects, and there is no fitting available to take care of it.

Bonus operation; Serve your wife/husband breakfast in bed with a smile.
TripleDES
Terracotta Army

Reply #3413 on: December 24, 2008, 11:44:07 AM

Someone should then notify these Titan pilots that they don't need to be available for bridging...

JoeTF
Terracotta Army

Reply #3414 on: December 24, 2008, 11:47:46 AM

As if they ever were.

Anyway, you can happily enjoy your Christmas without worrying that some towers might get reinforced or killed smiley

Small edit:
Hahahaha, PL actually went and killed our lowsec POS that came out of reinforced at about 17:00 Christmas Eve. They assembled twenty something battleships, with like half of them being flown by alliance directorship:) Hi end moons are such a serious business, it seems.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2008, 11:59:05 AM by JoeTF »
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #3415 on: December 24, 2008, 01:30:51 PM

Goonswarm, on the other hand, in accordance with our gradually becoming an incompetent version of what we despise, are doing stuff on Christmas Day, as any competent spies are bound to have reported already.

Did PL only kill one of the two towers in Aridia, btw?  I'd have expected them to take them both down.  Maybe the spirit of Christmas intervened.

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #3416 on: December 24, 2008, 04:20:59 PM

They took them both down. While Bob accomplished the mature strategic move of indecisively logging off and on in 0-W, accomplishing sod all, not even daring attacking unarmed small towers (not that they have proven capable of attacking even those lately). And immediately turning and running away when 5 pos gunners logged into the cynojammer POS while they were making a play at attacking the jammer. And calling AAA up to defend their towers (again) as they, alone, can't defend them against offprime Goonswarm in BOB prime. Again. Oh and they called up ATLAS as well.

In other news, Russian Overlords lost 5 carriers and 1 tower trying to POS spam R2TJ today. They got 4 down but 2 are in reinforced.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2008, 04:52:26 PM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #3417 on: December 24, 2008, 04:37:33 PM

Nostradamus predicted that BOB will siege as many towers as possible to come out Christmass morning, so the lifeless will have an advantage.  awesome, for real

Straight from our op forum:
Quote from: SirMolle
Wednesday 24th and Thursday 25th
Packages, wrappings, good food, relatives, kids, grandparents.

Fit stomache extenders to be able to fully fit all food being served. make sure all presents are wrapped in due time.

Eggnog and/or Glögg is adviced to be moderate in, they tend to give you nasty sideeffects, and there is no fitting available to take care of it.

Bonus operation; Serve your wife/husband breakfast in bed with a smile.

I figured they would do that when I posted a week ago on the goonfleet boards that if I was them they would reinforce towers to come out Christmas day  evil BOB control via spies  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Not that they actually could do anything, as BOB proved when they ran from the jammer POS on the 23rd in terror. (yes the "Chessmaster" ordered them to get the Jammer down in order to not do anything on the 24th and 25th. I wonder why  Ohhhhh, I see.)

Oh and Mollie had the temerity to say to ME in local in C9N a week ago "Geez learn to spell. Its not that hard" and then he posts up a post with such choice words as  "stomache" and "adviced"?  DRILLING AND MANLINESS The strain of the past month or so of total failure must really be getting to the poor soul.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2008, 04:40:22 PM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
TripleDES
Terracotta Army

Reply #3418 on: December 24, 2008, 04:42:22 PM

Oh and they called up ATLAS as well.
They're blue with ATLAS?!

Yesterday I was hanging out in H-ADOC, watching some dictor scouts from ATLAS ninjathrowing bubbles around both BOB's and EXE's POSes and their cap fuel NPC station, to allow some 40-50 ATLAS safe transit through the system.

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #3419 on: December 24, 2008, 04:48:46 PM

Oh and they called up ATLAS as well.
They're blue with ATLAS?!

Yesterday I was hanging out in H-ADOC, watching some dictor scouts from ATLAS ninjathrowing bubbles around both BOB's and EXE's POSes and their cap fuel NPC station, to allow some 40-50 ATLAS safe transit through the system.

As far as I know they are. I think Atlas was one of the Pet alliances that were helping BOB Up north, but I wasn't playing at the time so I was keeping no attention to the inter alliance relationships. I could be wrong of course.

Hic sunt dracones.
lac
Terracotta Army

Reply #3420 on: December 25, 2008, 05:14:03 AM

AFAIK Atlas was blue to TRI and TRI was blue to the GBC on joined ops. The GBC occasionally killed Atlas ships during joined ops with TRI against the NC so they probably never bothered to set standings to Atlas.

Here is a decent battlereport on the battle over C9N.

This is a translation of a battle report written by one of AAA commanders. There could be few inaccuracies, but I've tried to stay as close to the original text as possible. The battle report describes events, that occured on the morning of 25.12 in C9N System.

We received information, that the last Goonswarm POS in the system was coming out of reinforced at 4:00 EVE time, obviously set to come out deep in US Prime Time. A certain number of people got a request to wake up a little early. Most of the American members of -A- were also involved in this op.

Approximately 5 minutes before the POS was exiting reinforced mode, it became evident, that Goonswarm was logging in their capitals and was planning to defend it. Since the sovereignty in the system is SE(1) and they couldn't online a cynojammer, the top commanders of SE\AAA\ROL decided to use this opportunity to destroy Goonswarm capital fleet. The planning of the op was thorough and the main stages of the plan were carried out well.

1) SE warped their 25 capitals near the Goon POS Shields and sieged their dreads.
2) Goonswarm regrouped their dreads, they had around 40 capitals with 31+ dreadnaughts.
3) Goonswarm lit a cyno about 150 km away from SE dreads, however that tactic was not new to SE, who had easily countered it (I cannot disclose details on that without permission of their alliance)
4) Goonswarm entered their dread fleet in the system, at the same time -A- hictor was already in warp to 0km of the enemy cyno.
5) Goonswarm dreadnoughts entered siege mode and started their fight with SE. Almost at the same instant -A- hictor came out of warp on top of Goonswarm dreads, lit his own cyno and activated hictor bubble. AAA and ROL dreads entered the system, they had around 40 capitals, which immediately started to focus fire the enemy.

The aftermath of the initial capital battle were 21 dreads lost for Goonswarm, 6 dreads for AAA, 2 for ROL. A good number of Goon capitals were able to get out, because -A- couldn't remote rep their hictor with bubble activated. Also due to a timezone difference AAA\SE\ROL were severely lacking in support fleet. Nevertheless Goonswarm fleet successfully countered their own advantage by partially bubbling friendly capitals, that were not in siege and trying to get out. Goonswarm ran out of capitals on the field and SE capitals finished off GS POS. However the amount of Goonswarm support on field was overpowering, which left most of AAA\SE\ROL dreads bubbled and under enemy battleship focus fire.

SE rewarped their capitals closer to AAA\ROL, then another battle ensued for about an hour between a Capital fleet vs BS + support fleet. In the end Goonswarm ran out of dictors and the capital gang warped to another POS in the system, leaving one dreadnought tackled, who was beyond remote rep range and doomed in any case. However not all capitals entered the POS password, many were disconnected, desynced, had to relog and etc. A part of the capital fleet was stuck 10km out of the shields. In addition to that because of the gang warp, many of them were bumped out even further. Goonswarm made its move then and warped their entire fleet to SE Deathstar. They managed to kill one dread quickly, then a cyno lit up and the first -A- Titan entered the system. DD killed about 35 Goonswarm ships. I have to note for truth's sake that it was a minor miscalculation by -A- because their Titan Fleet was not assembled beforehand within jump range of C9N. Titans were getting in position during the course of battle against enemy support ships on destroyed GS Pos. Otherwise they could have been used to provide a cover for the capital gang warp. However even after DD not all capitals were able to utilize the clear field and Goonswarm fleet returned to the SE Deathstar. I also have to note here that during this entire time Goonswarm BS fleet was suffering considerable losses from the POS gunfire. Goonswarm's primary target was a Revelation stuck 100km away from the shields. He had entered siege mode and was trying to tank the damage, SE POS gunners continued to clear the field of enemy battleships. When it became obvious that Revelation tank will not hold and he began to enter structure, the second -A- titan entered the system and DDed the field.

However that appeared to be the biggest mistake on AAA's part all morning. The cyno was placed incorrectly (mildly speaking). It was set too close to the POS shields and modules, the end result was -A- titan had to align for a very long time due to the shield bump and ended up being bubbled by 2 Goonswarm dictors. He destroyed them along with their warp disrupt probes utilizing his smartbombs (have to give the pilot what is due for his cold demeanor in that situation). The rest of -A- titans were preparing to enter the field to rescue their alliance mate. At the same time arriving Goonswarm hictors were being killed by the carriers who drifted out of the shields along with POS gunner's fire .... and then... Goonswarm lit up another cyno 150 km out, dreadnoughts begin to enter the system, 5 managed to jump through before the cyno ship was killed. Seconds later -A- titan finally managed to warp off (causing a state of euphoria and relief in all ranks). Goonswarm dreads were approached by tacklers, SE\ROL\AAA dreads drifted out of the shields and were getting ready to enter siege. Two dreads ended up being tackled and killed, Goonswarm support was still under heavy POS fire, all AAA\SE\ROL capitals were finally safe and a call was passed on TS for the end of the night.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #3421 on: December 25, 2008, 11:31:14 AM

Although that battle report seems pretty slanted (it undercounts hostile dread losses according to the killboards I've checked, as well as counting two of ours twice) it's accurate in as much as Goons remain pretty awful at this game, DBRB is a one-trick pony as an FC, and only the scarcely-comprehensible fact that AAA, Bob and Exe (though not SE) are even worse than us at PvP has saved us so far from falling victim to our own incompetence.

Twitter - Endieposts

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #3422 on: December 30, 2008, 06:30:28 PM

Ok...

Today was an important day for the war. The GBC needed a victory to show that they ahd not been wasting theior time for a couple of months, so they pos spammed R2TJ- , a pretty important link in the highway that goonswarm use to bounce back and fourth between the fronts. Today was the day we needed to kill 4 towers in the system, (we had already killed 3 or 4) 2 came out in Goon prime but 2 came out in russian prime. All 4 needed to die or sov 3 would be broken.

All 4 died

During the day AAA tried blobbing up like they have before, but every increase in their gang was matched by an increase in the goon gang. And when Pandemic legion showed up along with kraftwerk etc. they all docked up, so we killed the 2 towers in their prime no problem.

Then we went up to 0-w and sat there while Bob bitched at us and pretended all they wanted to do was rep towers. And we fucked around with them some more, tackled one of their Titans that thought it could warp to our jump bridge towers and cloak without any of us noticing, and BOB panic scrambled their entire fleet to save it. Then we left and went back to r2tj- and went into 73- to kill 2 more towers that UNL had kited.

And then 200 AAA etc came in to r2tj and burned to 73-, as we got out of their way and then camped them in. We assumed they would be busy saving and repping the towers that had just came out, but nope they went right back into us before we could get bubbles anchored. Then a Goon titan came in Doomsdayed. It got tackled, and then 2 Pandemic Legion Titans came in and doomsdayed. Of course we slightly messed up the timing of our coming back in and a bunch of goons got fried too (I tanked it!) But with 120 AAA dead on arrival and the majority of those that survived killed by marauding goons and PL, the resistance to our blowing up the rest of the towers was minimal. And the towers in 73- were killed by UNL.

{edit} apparently it was actually 2 Goonswarm titans that doomsdayed, and PL only bothered DDing with one of their titans.

Basically total success

And we went and raped Atlas afterward as desert (wherein I lost my Megathron)
« Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 07:45:59 AM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
TripleDES
Terracotta Army

Reply #3423 on: December 31, 2008, 06:09:10 AM

And then we suddenly are faced with a possible spy problem that's quite suboptimal.

Rodivar
Terracotta Army

Reply #3424 on: December 31, 2008, 06:21:48 AM

And then we suddenly are faced with a possible spy problem that's quite suboptimal.

Would the current state of anxiety make this a bad time to try to get into the game?

Predator Irl
Terracotta Army

Reply #3425 on: December 31, 2008, 06:39:13 AM

Would the current state of anxiety make this a bad time to try to get into the game?

I'd say it would be a great time to get into the game! You would learn how to PVP very quickly and I'm sure there would be plenty of free cheap ships given out for fleet ops.

Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one!
TripleDES
Terracotta Army

Reply #3426 on: December 31, 2008, 06:56:08 AM

I wouldn't call it anxiety, just welp. The game also does rights management for a lot of things you in game. So a new guy being a spy wouldn't be able to do much on mid-term anyway, apart relaying basic op info.

Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #3427 on: December 31, 2008, 07:15:33 AM

(a) Goonfleet is riddled with spies: we have awesome numbers of the little tinkers.  Always have.  It doesn't stop us winning every war since XZH. vOv  The interesting thing is that - if that was a spy - the enemy knew they couldn't take the system by force, which is a real change of balance from when *we* were the ones relying on the GIA to beat Bob pets  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

(b) This is the War thread, not war news from the trenches in the sekrit forums.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 07:18:09 AM by Endie »

Twitter - Endieposts

Rodivar
Terracotta Army

Reply #3428 on: December 31, 2008, 07:46:58 AM

(b) This is the War thread, not war news from the trenches in the sekrit forums.

Sorry will move to the general section of Eve..
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #3429 on: December 31, 2008, 07:58:44 AM

Sorry will move to the general section of Eve..

That was not directed at you Rodivar. But yeah this thread is really about Whats happening in the Great War I/II not recruitment

Hic sunt dracones.
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 233 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War  
Jump to: