Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 03:07:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 233 Go Down Print
Author Topic: War  (Read 1971219 times)
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #2625 on: July 07, 2008, 04:49:36 AM

Totals for the fight above:

BoB: 71 loss
Stain Empire: 31 loss
Exceed: 11 loss
Axiom: 10 loss
c0ven: 7 loss
Altri: 12 loss
TOTAL: 142 loss

vs

Goonswarm: 28 loss
TCF: 14 loss
TOTAL: 42 loss
Adam Tiler
Terracotta Army

Reply #2626 on: July 07, 2008, 10:32:46 AM

Totals for the fight above:

BoB: 71 loss
Stain Empire: 31 loss
Exceed: 11 loss
Axiom: 10 loss
c0ven: 7 loss
Altri: 12 loss
TOTAL: 142 loss

vs

Goonswarm: 28 loss
TCF: 14 loss
TOTAL: 42 loss

Ouch.

MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #2627 on: July 07, 2008, 10:46:01 AM

The problem with BoB's MAX strategy is that it only works if they can win decisive battles where their enemy is in "spasm defense" mode.  The long drawn-out campaigns that characterized the Great War were all about reducing the enemies reserves of materiel and morale so that when the decisive battles occurred, they would be running low on both.  When they strike hard and fast for the heart of the enemy, the enemy has much more extensive reserves to pour into the fight.

BoB no longer has the substantial lead of quality in ships and leadership they had against ASCN or CODA, the rest of the map has caught up, mostly.  There are still some thin-shelled alliances out there for them to kick around, but not many, and almost by definition they weren't much of a threat to begin with.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #2628 on: July 07, 2008, 02:19:17 PM

So, we seem to be at war against some random corp I've never heard of.

Which is nice.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
JoeTF
Terracotta Army

Reply #2629 on: July 09, 2008, 11:21:58 AM

Not so sure about leadership edge.
Anyway, MAX is starting now and so far all of us got stuck trying to undock/load/jump in PR. Oh joy.
Edit:
1100+ people... Goons learn from us, we learn from goons...
« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 12:07:49 PM by JoeTF »
cevik
I'm Special

I've always wondered about the All Black People Eat Watermelons

Reply #2630 on: July 09, 2008, 12:17:28 PM

Not so sure about leadership edge.
Anyway, MAX is starting now and so far all of us got stuck trying to undock/load/jump in PR. Oh joy.
Edit:
1100+ people... Goons learn from us, we learn from goons...

So Bob's new MAX thing is against the Goons?

The above space is available for purchase.  Send a Private Message for a complete price list and payment information.  Thank you for your business.
Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #2631 on: July 09, 2008, 12:27:12 PM

From rumors - 400 BoB caps are on IAC, perhaps CVA is next?

9 Titans, 246 Capitals/Moms (max fleet size 255?) they can instapop about everything that dares to engage them.

As much as Molle said MAX is about controlling everything.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #2632 on: July 09, 2008, 12:28:40 PM

1100 people and they go for IAC, an alliance so shaky that BAT had the biggest (40 man) friendly fleet in their space onn Saturday?  Good fights indeed.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
cevik
I'm Special

I've always wondered about the All Black People Eat Watermelons

Reply #2633 on: July 09, 2008, 12:31:29 PM

These are all the same people that helped Goons against BoB though, right?  So is Global Thermonuclear War breaking out all over again?  Or is BoB  going to roll a bunch of little easy targets and then say "HAH, WE TOLD YOU WE WERE TEH BEST" and that's the end?

The above space is available for purchase.  Send a Private Message for a complete price list and payment information.  Thank you for your business.
Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #2634 on: July 09, 2008, 12:43:59 PM

« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 01:09:09 PM by Gets »
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #2635 on: July 09, 2008, 12:48:00 PM

The first day of a highly anticipated campaign.  I don't expect them to be able to sustain these numbers for very long.
Adam Tiler
Terracotta Army

Reply #2636 on: July 09, 2008, 01:24:12 PM

The first day of a highly anticipated campaign.  I don't expect them to be able to sustain these numbers for very long.

Agreed, but it's good to see BoB pulling themselves out of the quagmire that was the Great War with a series of smaller, easily won wars. Maybe George W. Bush could take a page from their book and nuke North Korea until it's flat and shiney enough that astronauts can see their reflection in it from space.

Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #2637 on: July 09, 2008, 01:47:26 PM

Agreed, but it's good to see BoB pulling themselves out of the quagmire that was the Great War with a series of smaller, easily won wars. Maybe George W. Bush could take a page from their book and nuke North Korea until it's flat and shiney enough that astronauts can see their reflection in it from space.

This is so bad a post that I think it is a very subtle troll.

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
dwindlehop
Terracotta Army

Reply #2638 on: July 09, 2008, 01:55:01 PM

I assumed he forgot the green.
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #2639 on: July 09, 2008, 02:32:31 PM

So I guess they SAID the point of MAX is to do maximum damage, but instead they are going after some lightly defended RA moons up in pure blind. Where I was about 2 months ago. They've skipped over PL.

MAX AFK PoS Shot?

Camping ec- is fun, isn't it?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 02:34:27 PM by bhodi »
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #2640 on: July 09, 2008, 02:35:18 PM

Well, if the Bat Home Invasion ops next week don't find stuff to do we can go and play in Delve again.  That was awesome last time.  This time it'll only be the less motivated of their tenants and hangers-on.

Twitter - Endieposts

JoeTF
Terracotta Army

Reply #2641 on: July 09, 2008, 03:13:12 PM

I have got to say that this op is the biggest clusterfuck I have ever seen. To give you an example - you say we* have skimmed past PL, but actually, we have lost 20 motherfucking battleships due to lemmings and had to call the gang back and send it through empire. I think there was some comedy** carrier kill by a friendly POS loss too.

*by "we" I mean our beloved allies. BoB lost only one BS and at least it was during combat, sort of.
**showing up three hours late, at wrong regroup point, in untanked carrier... more like tragicomedy.
Sparky
Terracotta Army

Reply #2642 on: July 09, 2008, 08:47:00 PM

That's to be expected when you call everything and the kitchen sink type ops.
LC
Terracotta Army

Reply #2643 on: July 09, 2008, 09:15:19 PM

I have got to say that this op is the biggest clusterfuck I have ever seen. To give you an example - you say we* have skimmed past PL, but actually, we have lost 20 motherfucking battleships due to lemmings and had to call the gang back and send it through empire. I think there was some comedy** carrier kill by a friendly POS loss too.

*by "we" I mean our beloved allies. BoB lost only one BS and at least it was during combat, sort of.
**showing up three hours late, at wrong regroup point, in untanked carrier... more like tragicomedy.

Don't forget the GBC members who decided to not bring enough fuel for their capital ships. Even though the amount of fuel needed was posted a week in advance, and said dozens of times in ts before the op started.

We lost 2 ships but both were due to disconnects, and not lemmingism. I was running 3 accounts, and managed to arrive safely at the destination.

I was sitting on the y-2 gate when the first batch of lemmings jumped in. All it took was one guy reporting hostiles on the other side of the gate to get them to jump. I laughed my ass off when we were told to let them die.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 09:20:06 PM by LC »
LC
Terracotta Army

Reply #2644 on: July 09, 2008, 09:21:46 PM

Well, if the Bat Home Invasion ops next week don't find stuff to do we can go and play in Delve again.  That was awesome last time.  This time it'll only be the less motivated of their tenants and hangers-on.

Yes please go down and clean out the shitty carebears for me. I can give you locations!
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #2645 on: July 10, 2008, 12:10:37 AM

Yes please go down and clean out the shitty carebears for me. I can give you locations!

Fo exactly the same reason, none of us who were in Delve or Geminate gave a fuck if people ran gank gangs through Scalding Pass or Detorid to weed out the compulsive ratters, and rather enjoyed the resulting "ples halp tackdl ni a belt" lines in the intel channel.  If I didn't think I'd be chucked out of GF I'd run some gangs through there, too, while we're down south.

Edit:  Ugh look at those horrible pets: http://www.iron-alliance.com/kb/engagement_analysis.php?k_id=74437
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 12:40:35 AM by Endie »

Twitter - Endieposts

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #2646 on: July 10, 2008, 04:55:25 AM

You can tell who jumped into who on that one.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #2647 on: July 10, 2008, 06:11:08 AM

You can tell who jumped into who on that one.

You can also tell who's not so used to being doomsdayed ("lol dictor dropped his bubble and his fleet's not on grid yet"... "ooh, a titan, is that molly?"... "why is it going dark?"/"what are all those streaky things?"/"what was that flash?" etc... "wtf where's my shitdamned fucking mega omg hax!")

Twitter - Endieposts

Phildo
Contributor

Reply #2648 on: July 10, 2008, 07:24:49 AM

Some of the ex-Triumvirate corps returned to its banner today.  D00M, Burn Eden, Coracoa Ardente and Omen.  Guess we know what happened to The Requiem.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #2649 on: July 10, 2008, 09:41:35 AM

Yeah Endie, I know...don't get me wrong, I love seeing Bob get blowed up as much as I like seeing Goonies get blowed up.

Yeah, word is they will be returning to their roots. I personally will probably be joining Cora.  Luckily, I still have a ton of assets in Venal :)

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #2650 on: July 10, 2008, 12:41:18 PM

Guess we know what happened to The Requiem.

This.
i hope you are all so fkin happy..

Your leaders just fucked you over yet again, thanks to Seleene.
I (Karbowiak) just deleted your KB, and all DNS delegations.

have fun you fucking idiots, hope you all die in a fire !
Full story.

Kai contacts me about hosting TS, KB and Forum for The REquiem
i accept eventho im in X13, but the Tri corps know me and everyone is happy
BDCI comes along and requires power - all they are doing is wanting more and more power.

They finaly get power of the forum, and want more - and want the KB aswell (and IRC - just ask Dakisha)
And now Seleene decided i should be banned from the IRC channel, eventho i still control the KB and domain
But, thanks to Seleene, i just deleted it all except requiem-alliance.com
I tried to negotiate about selling the domain to the alliance, but they would rather ban me because i "demanded" money for it (i DID pay real life money for it myself)

The Requiem, take a look at what BDCI is doing, and then think back on Daisho. seeing any similarities?

MCv2 ?

Thats all, again hope you all die in a fire.

//Karb
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #2651 on: July 10, 2008, 02:45:55 PM

I don't get it: are Bob throwing pets at IRON so that they grow reckless about ddomsdaying them and lose a titan?  Serious question.

http://www.iron-alliance.com/kb/engagement_analysis.php?k_id=74579

Twitter - Endieposts

MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #2652 on: July 10, 2008, 03:37:57 PM

If I had to guess, they're throwing the cannon fodder at IRON to keep that front in chaos (and not in their space) while the OMGWTFBBQ! maxed-out capital blob lands on IAC (which is one of those "thin-shelled alliances" I referenced before) like the Wrath of God.  Even the problems of coordination and logistics are probably part of the plan, as they were inevitable when trying to operate on such a scale and IAC is poorly situated to try to take advantage of them.

Logistics has always been a bit of an IAC weakness, they've had plenty of enthusiasm and sometimes decent tactical leadership.  But when it comes to accumulating and deploying the kind of massive stores you would need for a campaign like this, they just don't have the institutional skills.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #2653 on: July 11, 2008, 04:27:51 PM

Here's a dump of the requium forums. It's pretty dull though.

There is one bright spot. Check out their dread fittings. Especially the Moros.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 04:31:02 PM by bhodi »
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #2654 on: July 11, 2008, 07:08:31 PM

I've never had to fit out a dreadnaught before, so maybe you can explain why their fits are comical?
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

Reply #2655 on: July 11, 2008, 07:28:09 PM

CCC's (capacitor size boosters) were old-school fitting plans, before POS Energy Neutralizers, the idea was that you wanted as much cap and regen as possible, so you could keep one Capital repair mod going full time and stutter a second, to soak up a full tower's worth of fire without entering Siege (at least for the one minute it would take to pick a different target).  Now, if you're taking fire it's going to include Energy Neuts and probably be directed, so they can crack your tank even when you're in Siege, and your best hope is to soak it up through sheer hit points and passive resistance long enough to get out of Siege so you can be remote-repped.  They've also got Blasters and AC's as their standard guns for Moros and Naglfar, which is totally stupid in an era when capital fleets are engaging each other directly (no Capital MWD or AB, so no way to close to use them).

There's also a rather odd mixture of faction and T2 on those fits, although I seem to remember that Amarr Navy and Dread Gurista stuff is basically T2 equivalent but with T1 skill reqs (I know Dark Blood stuff was, I used it myself on my Carrier).

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #2656 on: July 11, 2008, 08:56:13 PM

Yeah, the faction stuff is to squeeze in for CPU; plenty of fittings use them for +damage in the lows.

The blaster moros is simultaneously the most awesome idea and also the most useless. You have a ship that can put out more DPS than any other, easily surpassing 10k dps/sec  but you have to be within about 5-10k of the person. The real problem is as Mahrin said is that it's such a narrow ability that it's generally useless in all but the most meticulously theorycrafted scenario.

The primary use of dreads is to siege PoSes, which a blaster moros can't hit. You need 30km to hit a PoS from outside the shields. Realistically you need to be able to hit out to 70 minimum so that any gun on the pos is within your optimal.

The secondary use is to engage other capital gangs. So you manage to have a special snowflake cyno that only you and no other dreads use, you might be within 5k of ONE capital but what about his buddies? You can't even slowboat because you're stuck in place while in siege, and if you're moving at all your guns miss anyway.

You can't even carry the blasters in your hold and swap them out, because the damn things are 2000m3 each.

Also, CCCs are a horribly bad idea again for the reasons Mahrin said. Trimarks, I believe, are the standard now.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 09:03:33 PM by bhodi »
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #2657 on: July 12, 2008, 03:20:08 AM

Yeah, about the only possible use I could see for a Bloros would be titan-killing.

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #2658 on: July 12, 2008, 05:03:31 AM

The solution is Capital MWD's !

Now that would be some amusing bumping.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #2659 on: July 12, 2008, 02:52:09 PM

MAX UPDATE!!!

They got a nice little puff piece in the eve news:
The Max Age Has Begun
reported by: ISD Magnus Balteus | 2008.07.10 22:48:42

Band of Brothers has initiated an operation they call “Maximum Damage”, or the “Max Age” for short. In the first of four planned deployments, Shrike has led the first team of over 350 capital ships and 600 support ships into a staging area in Saranen, Lonetrek. Once all four deployments have been completed, they will work in concert to sweep through the Northern regions laying waste to everything they can. As Shrike told us, “The capital age is here. We just moved 350 capitals 50 light years in 2 hours, nothing is safe… everything burns.”

In preparation for this massive undertaking, Shrike said; “The last 6 months have seen a total halt on [accepting] new allies. No new allies will be added, [and] the ones that have stayed with us will remain.

We have our own home, Delve, Querious, and Period Basis. [They’re] well protected, and in no danger. Jump Clone [technology] makes it easy for us to switch focus in 2 hours… wherever we can Jump Clone, we can attack in a very short amount of time.”

Ten Titan class ships took part in today’s deployment. Shrike estimates that the Band of Brothers assault force will contain at least a total of 20 Titans. The remaining deployments are expected to occur over the next twenty four hours and actual combat operations to occur shortly after.

Promu, a Fleet Commander with Interstellar Alcohol Conglomerate, had some mixed feelings about the operation: “I don’t see it will change much. I don’t think BoB will look for more space now; I believe we will just see MAX fleets on a regular basis… maybe ‘once a week, coming to a system near you’ kinda thing. It might make alliances a bit more cautious on making full out attacks to take sovereign space though, knowing they could be on the receiving end of 1000 BoB [pilots]. But like Shrike says, everything burns. IAC are king of spirits. We know how to burn things [too]. Maybe one day we will have Shrike tackled long enough to burn him. We will fight. Win lose or draw, IAC will fight as long as there are ships in our bays.”
It was commented on our forums that IAC's response should have been "we are glad no one cares about us enough to kill us". I guess they got a comment from IAC because they were the only ones that would talk to them.

A real response: (LOL, goon forum leak)
Their caps are spinning in circles in aunenen/x-7 not getting used, and they won't get used either. We aren't going to give them good fights, we're going to grind those worthless faggots to death under cynojammers with titans and laugh at them when they all die. If they manage to break a jammer, we have about 20 more spares to drop and we'll kill any caps dumb enough to login to take the next one down. They wasted their time coming here and we'll enjoy taking an hour to scoop the loot like we did today. MAXIMUM FAILURE

MAX Day 3:
Relocated to Lonetrek. Spent a whole lot of time waiting to hotdrop an RA cap fleet who then blueballs. Lost a dread about it. Hit 2 high end RA towers in NPC sov.

MAX Day 4:
Got chased into a deadend system, jumped back into a iron/pure/rzr bubblecamp. Got COMPLETELY raped.

BoB sure is losing a lot of materiel. I wonder how those 20 jump supply lines through hostile territory holding up? So far, so FAIL.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2008, 02:55:39 PM by bhodi »
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 233 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War  
Jump to: