Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 02:18:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: State of The Game - Mark Jacobs 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: State of The Game - Mark Jacobs  (Read 625276 times)
JWIV
Terracotta Army

Reply #490 on: October 21, 2008, 08:04:13 AM

Did that one guy mean "stone cold TROLL TURDS"?  because "trolls tards" isn't making any sense to me.  He must have meant "troll turds".  I'm sure of it.  Anyway, hello to all the new people!   Please stay!  ZombieSigne 

I miss thejeni.  Maybe these are her heavy hitters.

Stone Trolls?  

Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #491 on: October 21, 2008, 08:06:51 AM

I K.O. ed a dude like that. Shot him off the STC pacifier ramp, he flew over to one of the points and got bouldered. It was marvellous.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #492 on: October 21, 2008, 08:15:02 AM

Oh and just wanted to add that the slayer does not make sense to be added in the game. A slayer is supposed to be a dwarf who, and here i quote wikipedia, "suffered a great shame, loss or humiliation" and "He will then go out into the world, seeking out an honorable death in combat". This game is based on an IP which it must follows so I doubt that Gameworkshop will allow that.

I'm no Warhammer lore expert, but there were complaints that the Hammerer was too elite a Dwarven unit to be a common class.

Also, the reality is that Witch Hunters should be shooting those Archmages in the back, just to be sure, while the Marauders should run a random chance of chaos mutating into something completely useless.

Slayers are too cool a unit to leave out. Make them insanely high burst damage with paper armour.

... oh, and dying gives them a self-buff smiley

schild
Administrator

Reply #493 on: October 21, 2008, 08:16:19 AM

To the people deleted this morning and future starfuckers:

http://forums.f13.net/index.php?topic=15001.0

UnSub
Contributor

Reply #494 on: October 21, 2008, 08:21:09 AM

I don't know about basement dwellers, but most of us here are long time community veterans who love gaming and who generally know what we are talking about.

I, for one, dwell in an attic. With my equally aged sister and other younger siblings. Our mother has left us in the care of our grandmother, but promised she'll be back any day now. For now, we feast on donuts.

... I know where that came from, and I'm ashamed ACK!

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #495 on: October 21, 2008, 08:22:18 AM

I don't know about basement dwellers, but most of us here are long time community veterans who love gaming and who generally know what we are talking about.

I, for one, dwell in an attic. With my equally aged sister and other younger siblings. Our mother has left us in the care of our grandmother, but promised she'll be back any day now. For now, we feast on donuts.

... I know where that came from, and I'm ashamed ACK!

I look forward to reading your diary.

why so serious?

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
trias_e
Terracotta Army

Reply #496 on: October 21, 2008, 08:28:04 AM

Level 22 just hit me in the junk. I now have a total of 2 quests in my current racial area. To get to those quests, I have to fight through mobs that are 5-8 levels above me, and who knows what level the quest mobs are. That's it, there are no other quests being given in the Talabacland area. Which really means I have to hit the scenarios or use up the content in other racial areas (which will kill my ability to experience new content with alts). And the rewards for those quests will probably not go over 4000 xp - which is roughly 2% of my level or less? WTF? There has got to be a decimal point missing in some table somewhere, because that is totally fuxx0red. People are running Tor Anroc because there's just nothing else to do for experience.

Yes, in Tier 3 you realize that althood post level 20 is unachievable until they change things.  I've been doing all three pairings along with scenarios to level up, and at 28 am just barely treading water in the PvE quest completion department.  

I do plan on making some alts and bringing them to 20 though.
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #497 on: October 21, 2008, 08:36:07 AM

Pretty much understood RvR at the current state is pretty dull. I spent 2 hours just capping keeps and BOs with a warband in another server. The zone control moved but not enough to cap it. We had to 'quest' to do it. I don't understand why this is the case at all. Is there a good reason behind this aside from 'oh noes PVE must contribute'? Because when they do PVE they're already upgrading themselves at the cost of forsaking RVR, why must their actions affect the overall RVR status in the region if they do it on the relative safety of flag/unflag system? I simply don't get it. So we can't take over zone control either because they don't do scenarios or they quest hardcore.

Congrats, you just cockblocked 2 sides from your  awesome, for real endgame, I hope you're happy. Those people saying RR80 taking a long time to achieve is a 'good thing' is delusional. If all you do is grind scenario and cap BOs/Keeps but not achieving any zone control to advance to capital city, then wtf is the point? I'm not even setting a target for Renown levels anymore. I just want to siege altdorf and take a look what's it like before my subs run off. It's just maddening to think that people who don't participate in RVR are actually cockblocking RVR progress. And guess what? I bet Mythic loves them too, cause they're holding off the endgame, therefore lengthening the subs for those who really want to see what it's about. Enough with these hidden mechanics and clusterfuck PVE spawns in PQs that crossover with single quests. Trying to loot a 5 sec item while 3-5 mobs respawns around you with a champ patrol is enough to drive me nuts. And i'm a tank, I shudder to think what a healer have to go through just to 'fetch 3 kegs of beer' in T3 zones that is already going overboard with spawns.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Lum
Developers

Hellfire Games

Reply #498 on: October 21, 2008, 08:44:01 AM

lol this forum is like North Korea. If you don't agree with the management, your out.

It's called 'Stalinizing Posts' and has a long tradition. Don't mock our traditions!

(warm glow of fatherhood)

ghost
The Dentist

Reply #499 on: October 21, 2008, 08:52:24 AM

This is patently the best internet thread I've read in many moons.

You should have a "wall of text" contest....
Messana

Email
Reply #500 on: October 21, 2008, 08:54:36 AM

I'm new here, so these may have been discussed already

o rly?

MAYBE YOU SHOULD'VE READ MORE AND NOT OPENED YOUR GODDAMN MAW.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 08:56:49 AM by schild »
mavor

Email
Reply #501 on: October 21, 2008, 08:55:29 AM

starfucking
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 08:55:58 AM by schild »
tommh
Developers

Rockstar New England

Reply #502 on: October 21, 2008, 08:59:41 AM

SO hello,

I came upon this forum through a cross post but it seems to have a weirdly large number of intelligent reasonable posters...I'll see what I can do to bring down the average.

I don't want to mash over the strong and weak point of WAR that s been covered more then adequately I do have a few specific ideas to deal with one problem: the lack of player density due to player partition.

While adding more players per server would be all to the good, even if technical issues can be dealt with you have the issues of "slosh" and prime-time.

I think a better solution is ways for players to more quickly get to the action as has been mentioned previously in this thread. A mechinism that would work for both pqs and RvR would be good.

What about allowing guild banners to be planted at PQs as well as in RvR areas and then having a tele-port to banner ability?

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #503 on: October 21, 2008, 09:00:46 AM

Fuck, that was intelligent, cogent and brief. Where did you come from?  why so serious?

schild
Administrator

Reply #504 on: October 21, 2008, 09:10:59 AM

My new favorite post:
You know ... I looked at the "f13 guys/gals" website yesterday. And ... wow .. what a bunch of whining, prattling children! MMO 'veterans' my a$$. All you have over there are hardcore MMO 'grinders' and gold farmers.

I've been playing MMO's/MUD's for nearly two decades, and these 'kids' at f13 don't remind me of anyone from my Me59, UO, Avalon, etc. days. At best, they've played Shadowbane, DAoC and WoW--and think they have the authority to tell every other MMO gamer what to think. It's pretty damn hilarious, to be honest.

If MJ doesn't want to post here, that's fine: He's only shooting himself in the foot, however, by doing so.

GUYS, STOP GOLD FARMING. JESUS.

From: http://www.warhammeralliance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=158809&highlight=14972&page=7
ethion
Terracotta Army

Reply #505 on: October 21, 2008, 09:12:57 AM

I think that scenarios are a fun part of the game for someone that only have a little time to play.  I'm concerned that as people adjust or are encouraged to do other parts of the game that we will see scenario queue times become too long to be something that works when you only got 30-60 minutes to play.  I'm kinda hoping that you will implement something like wow did with cross server scenarios.  Although I'm wondering how this will affect the server war status....

I think that the scenarios need to have their rewards adjusted.  Maybe drop any xp awards for scenarios and only provide renown.  Then scenarios become a good way to get some renown and maybe loot while not being a good way to get xp.

What about tiering the game more for the activities.

1. PvE give max XP, good rewards
2. Scenarios give moderate Renown, low XP
3. Open RvR gives max Renown, low XP, And maybe special rewards for killing keeps etc.

Any changes would be something to make slowly incrementally.  But I'd drop the xp reward for winning a scenario and I'd decrease the player xp/renown reward per kill somewhat.  Finally I'd make everyone in the scenario a warband so that there wouldn't be anything where people drop from groups etc hoping to get better xp.  I'm not sure what the best solution is but I'd make sure the group aspect didn't really matter so droping from a group wouldn't be any advantage for renown/xp.

I prefer a server with scenarios.  I find them fun esp when I don't have a lot of time.  They can be kinda adictive.  However I'd like enough people not in scenarios to do PQs and open RVR when I have more time to play.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #506 on: October 21, 2008, 09:14:25 AM

What about allowing guild banners to be planted at PQs as well as in RvR areas and then having a tele-port to banner ability?

I like that, but have not thought of the repercussions and possible exploits of it.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
squirrel
Contributor

Reply #507 on: October 21, 2008, 09:15:01 AM

Fucking Epic. Is someone preserving this for posterity?

Speaking of marketing, we're out of milk.
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #508 on: October 21, 2008, 09:19:19 AM

The spawn time on jesus is too long for effective farming.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #509 on: October 21, 2008, 09:19:47 AM

Everytime I read this thread, thanks to schild, Nine Inch Nails 'Starfuckers Inc" gets stuck in my head.

Gold farming dick.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
schild
Administrator

Reply #510 on: October 21, 2008, 09:20:07 AM

The spawn time on jesus is too long for effective farming.
Touche.
fuser
Terracotta Army

Reply #511 on: October 21, 2008, 09:22:30 AM

Linky

damm dat got dang f13 webbsite sure is dum

Which one of you magnificent bastards posted that?
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #512 on: October 21, 2008, 09:26:02 AM

Man. 100 pages here we come. Only thing that's going to blunt this is MJ posting in the Bioware/LA annoucement today.
schild
Administrator

Reply #513 on: October 21, 2008, 09:29:58 AM

Man. 100 pages here we come. Only thing that's going to blunt this is MJ posting in the Bioware/LA annoucement today.
Yes, but the only people I'd be deleting in that thread are actual members of the community. I fully intend to look at the announcement, laugh at them biting off more than they can chew, and then go on my merry way.
garthilk
Terracotta Army

Reply #514 on: October 21, 2008, 09:47:53 AM

I think that's a valid observation in general, however I don't necessarily think it applies in this case. They're a fansite that feels slighted, one-upped by a bunch of nobodies in some site they had to google. It's the entitlement thing mentioned by others here. They're Warhammer Alliance, only doing one thing. So of course they should be the eipcenter of all things WAR and how dare Mythic send official representation anywhere else. So instead of accepting that they didn't do things well enough and maybe, ya know, changing, they lash out. Introspection is hard and stuff. The icing is just the irony of them thinking we're doing something better over here, in a sub-game forum probably graveyard'ed before Christmas  awesome, for real
Hmm.

I think the limited population of these boards definately helps. Though I think you're pretty much off base why a good portion of the community is upset.

Building and Destorying the Truth in Equal Measure
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #515 on: October 21, 2008, 09:49:38 AM

lol this forum is like North Korea. If you don't agree with the management, your out.

Wait, people are expelled from North Korea?  Head scratch

Anyway, I've been so tempted to troll the fuck out of the thread.  But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be good.

Over and out.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #516 on: October 21, 2008, 09:50:45 AM

I think that's a valid observation in general, however I don't necessarily think it applies in this case. They're a fansite that feels slighted, one-upped by a bunch of nobodies in some site they had to google. It's the entitlement thing mentioned by others here. They're Warhammer Alliance, only doing one thing. So of course they should be the eipcenter of all things WAR and how dare Mythic send official representation anywhere else. So instead of accepting that they didn't do things well enough and maybe, ya know, changing, they lash out. Introspection is hard and stuff. The icing is just the irony of them thinking we're doing something better over here, in a sub-game forum probably graveyard'ed before Christmas  awesome, for real
Hmm.

I think the limited population of these boards definately helps. Though I think you're pretty much off base why a good portion of the community is upset.

AFAIK, MJ, and others have been posting here for years.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #517 on: October 21, 2008, 09:53:59 AM

My new favorite post:
You know ... I looked at the "f13 guys/gals" website yesterday. And ... wow .. what a bunch of whining, prattling children! MMO 'veterans' my a$$. All you have over there are hardcore MMO 'grinders' and gold farmers.

I've been playing MMO's/MUD's for nearly two decades, and these 'kids' at f13 don't remind me of anyone from my Me59, UO, Avalon, etc. days. At best, they've played Shadowbane, DAoC and WoW--and think they have the authority to tell every other MMO gamer what to think. It's pretty damn hilarious, to be honest.

If MJ doesn't want to post here, that's fine: He's only shooting himself in the foot, however, by doing so.

From: http://www.warhammeralliance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=158809&highlight=14972&page=7

If only Psychochild still posted here to give us some cred with the super-wide M59 crew. Oh dear.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
schild
Administrator

Reply #518 on: October 21, 2008, 09:54:54 AM

Hmm.

AFAIK, MJ, and others have been posting here for years.

Bingo. Not only that though, it's not just about the limited population. It's about knowing how you want the boards to be, remain, and act and controlling them to that effect. This isn't a democracy. I'd say pretty much every community manager across the fansites and third party boards across the web have far too much interest in "being friends and liked by all." Man, fuck that. If one isn't willing to maintain the status quo then what's the fucking point?
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #519 on: October 21, 2008, 09:56:22 AM

198 Guests are viewing this topic.

Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Over and out.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #520 on: October 21, 2008, 09:56:28 AM

Does Warhammer Alliance have some prearranged communication agreement with Mythic regarding the game?  If not, expecting ANYTHING from Mythic would be a serious case of entitlement issues.  Right?  

Naming my website sexexpert.com doesn't mean that I'm necessarily an expert on sex.  It just means that I paid the cash for the domain name. 
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 09:59:36 AM by Nebu »

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #521 on: October 21, 2008, 09:57:01 AM

Bingo. Not only that though, it's not just about the limited population. It's about knowing how you want the boards to be, remain, and act and controlling them to that effect. This isn't a democracy. I'd say pretty much every community manager across the fansites and third party boards across the web have far too much interest in "being friends and liked by all." Man, fuck that. If one isn't willing to maintain the status quo then what's the fucking point?

Well, if I had to guess based on previous CMs.. Fleeting Internet fame and driving traffic to your softcore porn site.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #522 on: October 21, 2008, 09:59:58 AM

Does Warhammer Alliance have some prearranged communication agreement with Mythic regarding the game?  If not, expecting ANYTHING from Mythic would be a serious case of entitlement issues.  Right?  

Naming my website sexexpert.com doesn't mean that I'm necessarily an expert on sex.  It just means that I paid the cash for the domain name. 

Rimshot

I dunno, ask garthilk, i think hes the admin over there.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 10:01:59 AM by Mrbloodworth »

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #523 on: October 21, 2008, 10:00:54 AM

Well, if I had to guess based on previous CMs.. Fleeting Internet fame and driving traffic to your softcore porn site.

Here we just get our softcore porn from Merusk's avatar.   why so serious?

Over and out.
Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #524 on: October 21, 2008, 10:05:13 AM

This post is proof that I was here during the great Starfucking thread of aught eight.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 10:09:11 AM by Brogarn »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 29 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: State of The Game - Mark Jacobs  
Jump to: