Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 01:28:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: A-Rod 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A-Rod  (Read 11845 times)
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #35 on: February 10, 2009, 02:34:27 AM

When thinking about records and such, keep in mind that the guys who actually have the largest incentive to use steroids (and the ones where you actually see the most positive tests from everything I've read) are the borderline major leaguers, not the stars - the difference between making a big league roster and being stuck in the minor leagues is a lot of money.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: February 10, 2009, 08:28:24 AM

Anyone with incentives in their contract has a reason to consider steroid and HGH use.  Managers on a short leash also have an incentive to turn a blind eye toward it.  Like I said before, the culture of big money sports indirectly encourages it from high school on.  When a coach tells you privately that you'd get more PT if you were just a little faster/stronger you begin to weigh your options. 

My flip response to this earlier was more a reaction to the fact that our society places a high value on sports and entertainment almost to our detriment.  Couple that with our need for instant gratification and things begin to steamroll.  

« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 08:30:01 AM by Nebu »

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #37 on: February 10, 2009, 08:46:12 AM

And today, he fessed up.  At least he has the balls to own up to what he did.

He only fessed up when it was obvious his secret was going to get out. That's not noble, that's ass-saving PR.

Fuck A-Rod in his melon baller. Another useless cheating cunt.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #38 on: February 10, 2009, 10:18:39 AM

And today, he fessed up.  At least he has the balls to own up to what he did.
He only fessed up when it was obvious his secret was going to get out. That's not noble, that's ass-saving PR.
Yes but contrast his actions with people like Bonds, Clemens, McGwire, Sosa, and Palmeiro. People tend to be forgiving of those that fess up and apologize profusely.

Edit: add Miguel Tejada to the list too
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 10:59:07 AM by Trippy »
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #39 on: February 10, 2009, 10:21:40 AM

I'm pretty sure he only did that precisely because he learned from them (or more to the point, his lawyers did). It's fortunate to have some asshats to learn from, I guess. Just a year ago though, he denied it in an interview.
WayAbvPar

Reply #40 on: February 10, 2009, 12:30:13 PM

A-Rod is a narcissistic cunt with no redeeming qualities outside of his athletic abilities. I hope his junk rots off, be it from steroids or Madonna contact.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #41 on: February 10, 2009, 03:29:38 PM

You're just mad he isn't on the Mariners, right?  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: A-Rod  
Jump to: