Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 02:37:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Planetside 2 0 Members and 8 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 102 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Planetside 2  (Read 724186 times)
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #980 on: September 20, 2011, 08:20:47 AM

Manned, deployable turrets?  NICE.

Had them in PS One.

Maybe I left before implementation.  The idea of placing a nice anti-air turret under some tree cover and then hopping in it is mouth watering.

I have never played WoW.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #981 on: September 20, 2011, 08:47:54 AM

Pretty sure he meant the turrets that were in game on day one.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #982 on: September 20, 2011, 08:49:14 AM

Pretty sure he meant the turrets that were in game on day one.

Nope, There are two, Wall turrets that have AI and can be manned, and The deploy able turrets for adv Combat engi.

Manned, deployable turrets?  NICE.

Had them in PS One.

Maybe I left before implementation.  The idea of placing a nice anti-air turret under some tree cover and then hopping in it is mouth watering.

PlanetSide - Advanced Engineering Update Video [HD] [/url]

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #983 on: September 20, 2011, 10:16:30 AM

Manned, deployable turrets?  NICE.

Had them in PS One.

Maybe I left before implementation.  The idea of placing a nice anti-air turret under some tree cover and then hopping in it is mouth watering.

Skyguard ftw. I did this on many occasions. Hossin was the best for it and a few places on Amerish and Forseral.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #984 on: September 20, 2011, 06:11:21 PM

Those graphics are going to look jarringly ridiculous when a gun clips into a wall, or a rocket hits a tree, blows up, and the tree is unscathed.

• Some sort of social networking hooks will be present.

Can I post pictures of my goldfish and have other Planetside players "like" them?

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
-Calantus makes the best of a smelly situation.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #985 on: September 28, 2011, 06:34:55 AM

http://www.planetside2.com/news/article41.html

Some really fantastic stuff on this Dev blog.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #986 on: September 28, 2011, 07:30:06 AM

I'm cautiously optimistic, as I was before and will be right up to launch.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #987 on: October 05, 2011, 09:00:44 AM

Coloring inside the lines: An interview with PlanetSide 2's Tramell Isaac

PlanetSide 2: Meet the Team

We won't be as fast as BFBC2. We'll land somewhere between there and current Planetside for TTK. The overall pacing is a lot more than just TTK, though. Travel speed, speed to get into battles, % of downtime, etc. We want all that stuff a lot faster than PS1.

There will still be lots of opportunity for slower paced, less hectic gameplay, but in general we're going for a faster paced feel. Now, that doesn't mean we're making it anything like MW or UT - those are games we like a lot, but it's not Planetside and it never will be.

We're building everything in this game from the ground up with the pacing in mind, so any assumptions based on PS1 mechanics (i.e. infiltrators are screwed in a faster paced game because they don't have armor!) don't fly.

Source

Each empire has their own unique air fighter in PS2. The Reaver belongs to NC, the Mossy is TR. The VS have a new fighter that we're currently calling the Dyson, although that may change (and no, it's not powered by cyclone technology or a smarty-pants British accent).

Each has slightly different flight mechanics, strengths, weaknesses and capabilities which help to reinforce and round out the empire.

Each of these fighters will serve multiple roles depending on how the player loads out the vehicle, you can configure any of them to be more air-to-air orientated, air-to-ground orientated, etc. You'll be able to change out afterburners to get more speed, or armor to get more durability, countermeasures, radar dampening, etc. We're working on a lot of really cool gameplay here, I think you all will be stoked and I can't wait to share a bit more about them soon! =)

« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 09:15:15 AM by Mrbloodworth »

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #988 on: October 05, 2011, 09:32:12 AM

What he is saying is that TR is now the only acceptable race choice.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #989 on: October 05, 2011, 09:43:26 AM

wut?

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #990 on: October 05, 2011, 09:48:34 AM

The Mosquito is TR.

NO OTHER FACTORS MERIT CONSIDERATION

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #991 on: October 05, 2011, 09:59:19 AM

I found it odd too. But there seem to no longer be two crafts for two different roles. Each craft is modular and can be specd out for different roles. That sounds kinda cool.

DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #992 on: October 05, 2011, 10:05:11 AM

My only condition to play ps2 is to log in and shoot things. If I can do that for an hour and not waste all my ammo on a someones chest, I'll play and get my friends to play. The minute you can do the hocky pooky while i'm shooting you i'm uninstalling.
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #993 on: October 05, 2011, 10:38:51 AM

They really need to rename the air vehicles then. Why the hell make it confusing by giving them the same names as PS1 but make each empire specific? Get creative with the naming and not just the screenshots.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

I think they are going to be taking the queue from how they designed the bfrs and assault buggies - which means the mossy is going to be the bullet sprayer, reaver is going to fire off slugs, and the dyson will, as always, shoot disco balls. Loadouts will be for AA, AI, and AV but server (wtf was I typing?) serve pretty much the same fashions. Mossy, lots of rockets, Reaver, sidewinders, Dyson, different color disco balls.

And seriously.... for a game that was going to "be out soon," you'd think they'd have some sorta gameplay vids out. All these screenshots are doing is pissing me off as cover art.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 11:48:08 AM by 01101010 »

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #994 on: October 05, 2011, 11:08:53 AM

My only condition to play ps2 is to log in and shoot things. If I can do that for an hour and not waste all my ammo on a someones chest, I'll play and get my friends to play. The minute you can do the hocky pooky while i'm shooting you i'm uninstalling.
I fucking love the hocky pooky. Often after doing so, I waste some ammo on a someone's chest. Much more polite than the face, I think.

Can't wait to see the crippled version of graphics they actually launch with, these screenshots are useless.
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #995 on: October 06, 2011, 06:16:17 AM

This game will arrive at my house along with my new PC, I expect.  I like the modular approach.

NC forever!

I have never played WoW.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #996 on: October 06, 2011, 07:12:13 AM

This game will arrive at my house along with my new PC, I expect.  I like the modular approach.

NC forever!

Scum!

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #997 on: October 06, 2011, 08:00:43 AM

NC forever!

Scum!

Fascist.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #998 on: October 06, 2011, 08:38:08 AM

NC forever!

Scum!

Fascist.

Hippy.

kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #999 on: October 07, 2011, 07:44:54 AM

They really need to rename the air vehicles then. Why the hell make it confusing by giving them the same names as PS1 but make each empire specific? Get creative with the naming and not just the screenshots.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

I think they are going to be taking the queue from how they designed the bfrs and assault buggies - which means the mossy is going to be the bullet sprayer, reaver is going to fire off slugs, and the dyson will, as always, shoot disco balls. Loadouts will be for AA, AI, and AV but server (wtf was I typing?) serve pretty much the same fashions. Mossy, lots of rockets, Reaver, sidewinders, Dyson, different color disco balls.

And seriously.... for a game that was going to "be out soon," you'd think they'd have some sorta gameplay vids out. All these screenshots are doing is pissing me off as cover art.

Well that whole be out soon was before they decided to change planetside 2 into using their new engine that will be powering planetside 2 and eq next. I am just hoping it comes out in 2012 at this point.
Outlawedprod
Terracotta Army

Reply #1000 on: October 30, 2011, 06:19:14 AM

the9.  Aren't these the guys who lost WoW in China?

http://www.mmoculture.com/2011/10/the9-expands-to-korea-with-planetside-2.html
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #1001 on: October 31, 2011, 01:21:19 PM

They are just a distributor.

I have never played WoW.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #1002 on: November 02, 2011, 09:40:06 AM

Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #1003 on: November 02, 2011, 04:49:57 PM

Looks nice.  Also good to see they're getting some extra mileage out of the SWG sound effects.  awesome, for real

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #1004 on: November 03, 2011, 06:04:42 AM

Not that game companies don't buy the same sound banks across many titles. All I heard was old PS1 sounds ( like the one when the view changed ), it could also have been used in SWG.

Also new screenshots. I see some bases in the background, looks like a nod to the old style, just larger ( and higher rez ).

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #1005 on: November 11, 2011, 01:00:53 PM

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #1006 on: November 11, 2011, 01:23:27 PM

No, that's "Smurfs 4 Life, bitch"

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #1007 on: November 12, 2011, 06:35:34 AM

*Hugs the Vanguard*

No! It's not like that!

*Gives it a kiss while no one's looking*

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
-Calantus makes the best of a smelly situation.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #1008 on: November 15, 2011, 11:49:24 AM

I have been stalking the Art developers Twitters.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Timp assets, but customization is starting to be fleshed out.

@mhigby Matthew Higby
Dear #BF3, I'm not an expert in game design or nothin, but if all I can see is enemy's head and I get 3 hits, maybe one could be a headshot.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 12:10:46 PM by Mrbloodworth »

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #1009 on: November 23, 2011, 09:48:25 PM

Kitsune
Terracotta Army

Reply #1010 on: November 25, 2011, 09:02:17 PM

Fucking finally they show some Vanu.  It's good to see that they're still by far the coolest faction.  Holy shit their fighter is  Heart Heart Heart and the Magrider is still my beautiful baby.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #1011 on: November 26, 2011, 12:20:50 AM

Coolest? What?

Fucking Barneys.

Kitsune
Terracotta Army

Reply #1012 on: November 26, 2011, 01:20:02 AM

You keep telling yourself that while trying to get across the mined deathtrap bridge.  What's that?  Oh I'm sorry, I couldn't hear you from my FLYING TANK that just sailed over the river without even slowing down.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #1013 on: November 26, 2011, 06:32:39 AM

lol

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #1014 on: November 26, 2011, 07:33:51 AM

I ran out of space on my reaver for magrider kill signs. Now go back to your purple hovershits and your lasher spam, the grown ups are talking.

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 102 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Planetside 2  
Jump to: