Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 02:23:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Planetside 2 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 102 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Planetside 2  (Read 724860 times)
DayDream
Terracotta Army

Reply #490 on: February 11, 2011, 05:47:04 PM

I think that new reaver model looks like crap.  That wierd shit behind the cockpit is awful and makes it really topheavy, and the wings look like the production factory said "fuck it, we're done" half way through.

I loved the old reaver model though.  Change it, sure, but keep the fact that it looked like it was actually carrying enough hardware to do something damaging.
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #491 on: February 11, 2011, 07:12:09 PM

I would be very happy for modular aircraft, for some reason, even if it means the base design is the same.

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #492 on: February 13, 2011, 01:52:24 PM

Scalped from Planetside-Universe. The Mossy... Now I am torn.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #493 on: February 13, 2011, 06:59:01 PM

Yeah, I'm thinking modular wing pods. That's the only explanation for the little "arms" on both the mossy and the reaver.

There's also a shot of a TR trooper on PSU. Of course, PSU is so paranoid about people hotlinking that they've fucked their own shots as well.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #494 on: February 13, 2011, 07:18:02 PM

Man - its going to be tough to fight with that small of a depth of field.

NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #495 on: February 13, 2011, 08:30:22 PM

Man - its going to be tough to fight with that small of a depth of field.

Not sure if kidding.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #496 on: February 14, 2011, 03:46:40 AM

Kidding. The depth of field in those screenies has been thoroughly fucked with.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #497 on: February 14, 2011, 07:14:17 AM

I like all the new models.

They better have kept the mounting and demount animations though, that was part of the winning formula of planetside.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #498 on: February 22, 2011, 09:19:26 AM

It's revealed by Tony Park, VP of The9, on his Chinese blog, and he put the info into 3 points:

1: PlanetSide Next keeps all(almost) the features in the original PlanetSide and under this condition, PlanetSide Next adds new contents that will make the game more enjoyable.

2: The development has finished and now the developer is working on the art part and making a better graphic.

3: Can't tell you the exact release date but I(Tony Park) promise that you won't wait too long

Note: Tony Park has confirmed that The9 will be the publisher of PlanetSide Next in China last September. Before that The9 has partnered with SOE to publish other SOE's MMORPG Free Realms in China.

New Information of PlanetSide Next Revealed

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #499 on: February 22, 2011, 10:55:02 AM

I hope Smeds hint at it being March is true. Missed PS the first time around and wouldn't mind getting into it this time.
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #500 on: February 22, 2011, 10:57:35 AM

Do want.  As much as I worry about a game that hasn't had a public beta, well frankly, most of the games that do a have a public beta have ended up sucking, so whatever.
Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #501 on: February 22, 2011, 10:58:25 AM

Define "features".

Doens't seem to say much except that "we're launching". Frankly kinda makes me think they just recoded the graphics engine and networking and are going to relaunch the same game.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #502 on: February 22, 2011, 11:03:21 AM

Define "features".

Doens't seem to say much except that "we're launching". Frankly kinda makes me think they just recoded the graphics engine and networking and are going to relaunch the same game.

Fine with me.

Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #503 on: February 22, 2011, 11:06:11 AM

No, i can't say that i particularly mind either. (not that i have the time to play or money to play at the moment). But I was kinda hoping they would do some sort of audit on what made Planetside work and what fell flat.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #504 on: February 22, 2011, 11:08:28 AM

Well, to be fair. AFAIK: BFR's are gone. "Galaxies will play a larger role", "New physics" lead me to believe there are some fundamental changes for the better going on, as in, removing some of the annoyances or rough edges of the original.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #505 on: February 22, 2011, 11:50:00 AM

Are they still going to try and charge $15 a month?  That's all you need to know to predict its long-term success.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #506 on: February 22, 2011, 12:05:10 PM

Agreed. I love PS, but I can't swing $15/mo for pretty much anything at this point. Isn't it odd how I had more disposable income before I had a career?

And I had weed back then. And free time.
Jimbo
Terracotta Army

still drives a stick shift

Reply #507 on: February 22, 2011, 12:53:31 PM

BFR's gone?  Wow, you know I never hated them, just hated how they were dropped in, the stupid cavern grind made me say fuck it real quick.

I miss driving shit all over the place, and having the certs to be that utility guy who would drive the Prowler, drive the Truck, or grab an ANT or Galaxy and drive it so we could mess some shit up or get a resupply in time.

Maybe we will get light, medium and heavy tanks for real this time, along with say a true APC and mech artery (that isn't some wierd ass spec). 
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #508 on: February 22, 2011, 01:56:13 PM

Well, to be fair. AFAIK: BFR's are gone. "Galaxies will play a larger role", "New physics" lead me to believe there are some fundamental changes for the better going on, as in, removing some of the annoyances or rough edges of the original.

I think its more like planetside 1.5 than a full new version of the game. Improve graphics engine tweak some game play elements like BFR update stuff to more current levels and fix a lot of the long standing hack bugs that they have been itching to slap down.
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #509 on: February 22, 2011, 01:57:50 PM

Are they still going to try and charge $15 a month?  That's all you need to know to predict its long-term success.

The rumbles I have heard indicate that they are planning more of a micropayment f2p type billing model which probably makes a lot more sense for something like planetside than a flat sub cost.

I can understand peoples initial hatred of the BFR due to how they were first implemented but the last versions I played with against were fine. Its a future based sifi war there should be big damn mechs running around. The most current version they are strong if you know what you are doing with them but they are GIGANTIC targets and snipers and foot troopers who know what they are doing can ruin your whole day.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 02:00:13 PM by kaid »
Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #510 on: February 22, 2011, 10:06:52 PM

The rumbles I have heard indicate that they are planning more of a micropayment f2p type billing model which probably makes a lot more sense for something like planetside than a flat sub cost.

Great. Everyone will be wearing goddamn sombreros and oversized sunglasses.

Jeez.

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
-Calantus makes the best of a smelly situation.
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #511 on: February 23, 2011, 09:47:29 AM

I can't wait for Planetside to come back so I can play it vigorously for a month then drop it in disgust.

Then again F2P might make a huge difference in its popularity by providing the necessary fodder I mean player base to keep it alive.

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
Jimbo
Terracotta Army

still drives a stick shift

Reply #512 on: February 23, 2011, 08:28:08 PM

Cool wonder if F2P means it will partner with Dr Pepper and I can get neat loot to run around shooting people and running them over with a plane.  Seriously you guys hated BF Heroes because it was a cartoonish campy shooting game that was free, because it was a cartoonish campy shooting game that was free?   Head scratch

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #513 on: February 25, 2011, 12:31:44 PM

There were a lot of reasons to hate BF Heroes that had nothing to do with its cartoony art. Gameplay sucked it pretty hard.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #514 on: February 25, 2011, 01:57:44 PM

Agreed. I was pretty excited for that title, too. I liked the cartoony direction, actually. The gameplay, not so much. Not sure how much of that was due to RMT or 'earning' items or whatever. Didn't stick around long enough to find out.

Actually, now that shooters are moving toward power-differentiating unlock grinds, I don't like them anymore, either. Damn this "achiever" (cough grinder cough) generation.
ashrik
Terracotta Army

Reply #515 on: March 09, 2011, 08:01:15 PM

The game was "scheduled" to be released this month right? Without anything more than a few models of vehicles out, when do you think they'll announce the delay?
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #516 on: March 09, 2011, 08:38:08 PM

Who knows. He just said something was releasing this month that was an FPS. For all we know it's a new free realms type game and they used PS to garner some kind of attention.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #517 on: March 10, 2011, 07:33:43 AM

The game was "scheduled" to be released this month right? Without anything more than a few models of vehicles out, when do you think they'll announce the delay?

Released? I never read it that way. Start the hype machine and possibly beta? That's how I read it.

Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #518 on: March 10, 2011, 09:46:13 AM

Released? I never read it that way. Start the hype machine and possibly beta? That's how I read it.

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Planetside-MMOFPS-EverQuest-MMORPG-SOE,11783.html

"We have a very big launch coming in the month of March," Smedley said. "It's a big first person shooter franchise that we're really happy with."

Sure they could be "launching" the hype machine, but its kind of loaded terminology.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #519 on: March 10, 2011, 09:53:36 AM

I agree. I just dont think there is anyway it will launch ( go gold ) this month. Beta has not even happened. I'm going with he used the wrong term.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #520 on: March 10, 2011, 09:55:32 AM

He actually meant to say they have a big lunch coming up.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #521 on: March 21, 2011, 03:06:31 PM

Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #522 on: March 21, 2011, 03:20:18 PM

Dangit, I thought there was actual news.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #523 on: March 21, 2011, 03:54:46 PM

Too bad almost all the guys that made PS for me don't play anymore, myself included. But hey, good for those still playing - hope they test it well enough to bring the gang back to a good game.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #524 on: March 22, 2011, 07:59:57 AM

Zero casual input, testing done by the most hardcore of the hardcore, outfits still playing after all these years?

Hmm.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 102 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Planetside 2  
Jump to: