Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 03:36:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Planetside 2 0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 102 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Planetside 2  (Read 724187 times)
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #3185 on: January 25, 2013, 01:35:07 PM

That's an ambitious roadmap.  I'll be extremely pleased if a small fraction of it gets deployed on schedule.

An ambitious roadmap back to PS1 features...

I was going to say this...but stopped short

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #3186 on: January 25, 2013, 04:38:08 PM

I don't see why that continent lock idea is so popular, going at almost 300 like 1 dislike right now.  I don't like the idea of being unable to go to a continent.  What's the advantage of stopping all combat on one (or more) continents?

For one, it funnels population. For two, it is a sense of ownership. Third, it makes it so you are not constantly fighting over the same content all the time, a form of server rotation if you will. 

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #3187 on: January 25, 2013, 04:40:20 PM

I get enough sense of continent ownership from the continent bonus. A cap lock without adding a bunch more continents is going to make pop locks a real issue.
Terracotta Army

Reply #3188 on: January 25, 2013, 09:53:05 PM

I get enough sense of continent ownership from the continent bonus. A cap lock without adding a bunch more continents is going to make pop locks a real issue.

Well if the server populations are really drying up, locking a continent won't be too big of an issue. Push a single continent to max population and then have the other as overflow will bring back huge battles if one continent is locked for a few minutes (hour, whatever timers). I like the idea of it but I am also aware of the possible problems. It definitely would not work on high population servers, but those really no longer exist.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #3189 on: January 26, 2013, 12:05:50 AM

There have been a couple of times on Connery the last few weeks where Indar has been pop locked to the NC so these things do happen now.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #3190 on: January 26, 2013, 07:46:18 AM

Same thing on Mattherson. One continent poplocked.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #3191 on: January 26, 2013, 06:10:57 PM

I realy want a re-cert option.  I have wasted a few hundred certs on sub-optimal things.

I have never played WoW.
Nija
Terracotta Army

Reply #3192 on: January 27, 2013, 01:13:34 PM

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #3193 on: January 27, 2013, 01:47:22 PM

awesome, for real

shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #3194 on: January 28, 2013, 07:54:30 AM

At BR17 now and my certs are a mess.  I don't know what direction to go.  I bought the grenade launcher on the Gauss Compact S for my engineer because I sounded like fun, but it is something I use rarely.  I bought the forward grip on the same gun (the gun's recoil is primarily vertical, though) and learned that I cannot have both equipped together.  I wasted a bunch of certs finding the scope that I like the best (2.0x reflex).  I keep bouncing between Nanoweave Armor and Flak Armor indecisively. 

The certs I like are my lower MAX timer (4 certs) and the slug ammo for my hacksaw (but I am completely annoyed that slug ammo has to be bought separately for each shotgun style).  Reload certs for my lightning HE were nerfed when they (correctly, if not a bit overdone) reduced base reload time by 25%.  Bouncing betty mines are awesome, but carrying only 1 at a time is a pain.  I love solo capturing a remote control point, laying a mine at the terminal and waiting for the re-capper to step on it.  Makes me giggle.

My engy tool is at 80% and I don't see the need to go to 100%.  I play engy/HA/MAX/Lighting pretty much equally.  I guess that is making it harder to commit in one direction.

I think I should go for mines and the bandolier on my Engy and HA builds, but that is a lot of cert investment that I don't want to regret later. 

I have never played WoW.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #3195 on: January 28, 2013, 08:08:38 AM

I play engy/HA/MAX/Lighting pretty much equally.  I guess that is making it harder to commit in one direction.

Yep.

Also, you should reconsider that max repair tool level, things a beast, the speed that you will heal maxes is the difference between life and death for them. On my medic, not having to heal someone further after a revive is tits, I can also revive 4 people in the time it takes you to do one and heal them..

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #3196 on: January 28, 2013, 10:23:47 AM

I bought the grenade launcher on the Gauss Compact S for my engineer because I sounded like fun, but it is something I use rarely.
I love my Compact S grenade launcher, even with its bugs. I've taken down lots of Heavies and even a few Maxes with it. Just keep practicing with it and when you run into the ammo reload bug go find a terminal or AMS to resupply at. If it gets stuck in GL mode (can't switch back to gun mode), switch out to your pistol and then switch back to it or gun mode.

Edit: fix quote
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 10:30:03 AM by Trippy »
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #3197 on: January 28, 2013, 10:39:33 AM

Last level of repair gun isn't as game changing a last level of medic but it does speed things up.  It shouldn't be a high priority though.

The underbarrel launchers are all buggy (a lot of duds that do no damage and the resupply from ammo packs often breaks) so they aren't very good right now, once fixed having it on an engineer that can resupply from his own ammo pack could be awesome though.

For now I would recommend the gd-7f, it's one of our few good weapons (even though the tr and vanu variants are still better).  If you use hipfire it has an advanced laser sight option.

The difference between no nanoweave and maxed is being able to take one to three more bullet hits, which gives you an extra tenth of a second or so...  The theorycrafters say it might be useful for HA with a certain type of shield if used perfectly.  Explosions are everywhere, flak armor gives twice as much protection for half the cert cost, go flak armor.

Bandolier is your suit slot, so you would lose your armor.  I could see it as a light assault, maybe heavy but not engineer.

First level of tank mines gives two of them, enough to blow up anything without a mineguard.  If killing one guy with a betty makes you giggle you will lose your shit after dropping two tank mines on a bridge and blowing up a full sunderer.  I have found that one betty isn't enough to kill a lot of people anymore since so many have flak armor so now I drop two in the same place.

You're going to waste a lot of certs until you decide which one or two classes you like most, just how it goes.  Come March we might get a paid respec option.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #3198 on: January 28, 2013, 11:49:07 AM

This all comes down to your play style.

shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #3199 on: January 28, 2013, 12:00:53 PM

All of that helps.  I will stick with Flak and go for final repair gun.  I have the GD-7F but haven't given it a lot of work yet.

I have never played WoW.
Terracotta Army

Reply #3200 on: January 28, 2013, 12:34:55 PM

Having spread my certs out across everything bu infiltrator... Yes, I agree that there is some buyer's remorse. In the beginning I plopped points in nanoweave armor for my LA then Flak - then realized I could only equip one. Now I use adrenaline pump exclusively for LA so I burned ~300 certs in armor upgrades to a class that I will never/hardly ever use again. I know that cert gain is infinite, but still would like those points back to be useful for something like my last medic gun or repair gun or my last nano-armor on my HA, or the last rival chassis on my lighting, or the final flak armor on the MAX...or kinetic. There is rumblings about a cert reset thing in the Road Map so I am hopeful. For now though... I can deal with it. For new people though, they really should be aware of dropping certs into stuff that is pretty useless.

shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #3201 on: January 28, 2013, 01:13:09 PM

The game does a poor job of explaining the relative benefits on many of the certs.  This is not a surprise, but the MMO genre in general is pretty bad at that, relying on third party websites for such information.

I have never played WoW.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #3202 on: January 28, 2013, 01:15:56 PM

Big patch Wed.

I Is Excite!

Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #3203 on: January 28, 2013, 04:16:56 PM

In the beginning I plopped points in nanoweave armor for my LA then Flak - then realized I could only equip one.

:( I became so careful early after I bought an upgrade on the wrong variant of the gun I had been upgrading.
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #3204 on: January 28, 2013, 04:51:48 PM

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #3205 on: January 30, 2013, 08:47:28 AM

Some tower changes:

shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #3206 on: January 30, 2013, 08:52:09 AM

Wow, cover! Who would have thought of that? 

I have never played WoW.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #3207 on: January 30, 2013, 08:53:45 AM

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #3208 on: January 30, 2013, 09:07:29 PM

Leave it to the TR to steal footage from Halo and mistake NC liberals for fascists...  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #3209 on: January 31, 2013, 08:46:37 AM

Leave it to the TR to steal footage from Halo and mistake NC liberals for fascists...  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

It makes for a good speech! ( NC liberals? )

The New Conglomerate was initially formed on Earth, over a century before the wormhole collapse as a mega-collective of civilian corporations who worked alongside the Terran Republic government on virtually every project throughout the solar system. After arriving on Auraxis, the New Conglomerate continued to work along with the Terran Republic on shaping and building up the new world. Over decades, tensions grew because of the rules the Republic enforced and the remaining corporations of the N.C. began rallying rebel groups on the fringe of the civilian population and began organizing a campaign of insurgency. It was then a small group of freedom-fighters that called themselves "Liberty's Call" staged a demonstration protesting the Terran Republic's blatant, systematic elimination of human rights. A large group of people gathered to hear their views; however, the Republic's Riot Police put an end to the demonstration, killing every protester and even several innocent onlookers. Now, more than a hundred years later, the New Conglomerate, founded on the same principles as those supposedly slaughtered in the "alleged" Liberty's Call massacre, is determined to write a new chapter of history. A chapter free of the overbearing and draconian regime from which they claim to have emerged. Staging a short and brutal rebellion, the fledgling movement broke away from the Republic, wresting from it control of several rebirthing facilities and the loyalty of many of its battered and oppressed citizens.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 08:49:05 AM by Mrbloodworth »

Terracotta Army

Reply #3210 on: January 31, 2013, 08:52:38 AM

Never understood the whole freedom fighter angle to the NC. They are fighting for their corporate overlords, so where the hell is the freedom there? Vanu I get... their argument is somewhat logical. NC? Not even close.

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #3211 on: January 31, 2013, 08:57:06 AM

NC to me, is the Tea party of Auraxis. They think they are libertarians, but are really just co opted corporate stooges. Granted the TR are in many ways like the Peacekeepers of Farscape.

Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #3212 on: January 31, 2013, 02:24:39 PM

I think that the original writers were making an interesting political statement; While any government turns to tyranny, corporations escaping from regulation turn to their own form of tyranny often called 'freedom'. See: The USA.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Jimbo
Terracotta Army

still drives a stick shift

Reply #3213 on: February 02, 2013, 09:26:11 AM

I thought the back story was two kings had a bicycle race and one cheated... oops! Wrong FPS  Grin

The patch is going in today, servers are still down, but I'm interested in how the new sub-machine guns preform.
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #3214 on: February 02, 2013, 09:48:37 AM

Woke up to a 4.5 gig patch, guess I won't be playing for a while.
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #3215 on: February 02, 2013, 12:29:10 PM

Thanks for the heads up.

- Viin
Nija
Terracotta Army

Reply #3216 on: February 02, 2013, 01:59:30 PM

While on one hand I hate the pop-in of loaded effects (Think housing in UO) I think these patch sizes are really dumb.

We're basically re-downloading all 3 continents to implement the tower/wall changes.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #3217 on: February 02, 2013, 02:39:38 PM

and a new Terrain system.

Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #3218 on: February 02, 2013, 06:49:31 PM

It is a lot, but honestly I downloaded it all in less than 15 minutes. It was super quick.

- Viin
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #3219 on: February 02, 2013, 07:11:53 PM

What ever they did managed to destroy a great many players frame rates.

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 102 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Planetside 2  
Jump to: