Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 01:23:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Planetside 2 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 102 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Planetside 2  (Read 724154 times)
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #3150 on: January 18, 2013, 01:02:18 PM

Great. Another 3 GB patch so we can get new fucking walls.

They do not have to patch the whole map anymore. PS2 is modular. Only that asset needs to be updated. That does not mean the patch at the end of the month wont be 3gigs. But its not a unified map like the original.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 01:05:18 PM by Mrbloodworth »

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #3151 on: January 18, 2013, 01:46:01 PM

And much crying is already ensuing. I gotta admit, I am a little dismayed they would do this on the interior of the walls considering they wanted to promote base defenses and this promotes attacking. About the only thing this will do for defense is make LA harder to hit the gen and fly out before someone comes to stabilize it.
It's hard to tell because the image is confusing but since the metal 'wings' in the air are angled back I think that is the exterior side, so it might buff defense a bit.

Good point and I completely missed that aspect. Nice catch and I will redact my statement if this only pertains to this side of the wall.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #3152 on: January 18, 2013, 05:58:28 PM

Since the strategic level still gives very few reasons to garrison and hold a amp-station to the extent there's a massed wall defense I'm not sure that matters. Especially because the hot points are either the nice open doors or the towers to try and get some defenses on line. And most of the transport is via jump pads.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 05:44:38 AM by Kageru »

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
Nija
Terracotta Army

Reply #3153 on: January 18, 2013, 06:30:40 PM

They do not have to patch the whole map anymore. PS2 is modular. Only that asset needs to be updated. That does not mean the patch at the end of the month wont be 3gigs. But its not a unified map like the original.

Did you already forget the tech plant changes? It was 3 fucking gigs to move the generators outside of the tech plant.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #3154 on: January 19, 2013, 10:21:28 AM

Did you already forget the tech plant changes? It was 3 fucking gigs to move the generators outside of the tech plant.

It was more than just moving a few gens.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #3155 on: January 19, 2013, 11:43:59 AM

PlanetSide 2 Community Design Meeting initiative: help address metagame concerns

As part of SOE’s focus on factoring player proposals into PlanetSide 2′s major updates, the PlanetSide 2 Reddit group’s Community Design Meeting draws suggestions and feedback directly from players for direct submission to SOE. As PlanetSide 2 Creative Director Matt Higby stated: “I see our role on the development team as curators of the game, not necessarily the wellspring of all ideas.”

The first topic under discussion involves possible improvements for metagame mechanics such as base capture bonuses, territory control, and experience points. Participants can share their thoughts through video, text, or audio formats. Tagging your post with [Metagame Design Meeting Idea] adds it to the voting pool, and the five highest-rated ideas will get direct responses from Higby and Senior Art Director Tramell Isaac on January 26 at 12pm PST. The talk will take place on the Azure Twilight outfit’s Twitch stream.

http://www.reddit.com/r/planetside

Also:

http://www.twitch.tv/planetside2/b/358314671

Watch the first 25 min to see:
  • New SMG's. Every class gets them with exception of a MAX. Class wide unlock.
  • All new guns will have unique models and animations.
  • Updated spawn rooms, now feature more open design including shielded windows, wider doors. re-spawns in Bio-Labs have roof access and balconies that wrap around whole building.
  • Techplant Vech bay changes. Stair blocks, raised vec pads.
  • New layouts for Biolab "Leafs" including mode obstacles for defense or attacking.
  • Teleporter rooms in biolabs now feature shielded windows.
  • 60 MB of art data has been removed from Video memory in an art optimization pass

« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 12:40:26 PM by Mrbloodworth »

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #3156 on: January 19, 2013, 10:43:14 PM

Some one is board.

Kitsune
Terracotta Army

Reply #3157 on: January 20, 2013, 03:37:40 AM

I cannot be arsed to ever post on reddit, so somebody please post this for me:

Dear Planetside 2 developers,

I am gratified that you are taking an interest in balancing your game.  Kudos!  In the spirit of helping you out in your admirable effort, I would like to make you aware of an invaluable resource for your efforts, one which contains every necessary balance and metagame improvement and from which you my draw freely.  It's called Planetside 1.  I know, I too was amazed that there was a game before Planetside 2, and like you, I had never once played it.  I was startled to discover this, and even more startled to discover that it contained many hidden improvements that somehow did not make it into Planetside 2.  Improvements such as:

Armor that lets infantry not die within a second of taking fire.
MAXes that don't die within two seconds of taking fire.
Effective ground-based anti-air weapons.
A certification system that lets players customize their in-game abilities without having to choose classes.
A 'hacking' mechanic for claiming bases that involves defending a vulnerable hacker rather than getting twenty guys to stand in a circle for two minutes.
Engineering deployables that don't suck.

It therefore seems to me that if you have any questions about how to improve Planetside 2, you need only download and install Planetside 1, find out how Planetside 1 did things, then do the same thing in Planetside 2.  Enjoy your newfound success!
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #3158 on: January 20, 2013, 11:40:46 PM

Played some this weekend. AA changes don't seem to have had a major impact on the dominance of air. TR in particular on Connery are even more rabidly air-heavy, it seems, than before (Vanu was more balanced).
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #3159 on: January 22, 2013, 08:17:57 AM

I think they have made a major impact. A2G rockets now need too strafe with he rockets now, instead of hovering with impunity. Also, Libs no longer just fly sideways pointing the belly gun into buildings. Burster max is really improved by the changes and you have a high chance of removing air with one, but especially in tandem. The skyguard is marginally improved, it did not seem to really get that "burst" of flack like the burster did, but still really hard to hit with in most cases. However head on, it will rip the crap out of any aircraft. The libs drop off on shots is non-trivial change that has changed how they are used to a great degree, coupled with the shorter range of IV/NV the effective range has been shorted making them more vulnerable, you can no longer sit just near render range and hit anything, you must come in to engage..

The Changes really changed the game and the air to ground balance for the better, while still keeping Air as the counter to air. We have had many a nights during a defense recently where we completely kept the sky's clear over a base with 2 mosquitos and a few bursters. It Changed the game in really positive ways IMO, from my many hours of playing.

To boot, we have had nearly 3 straight days of full squad/Platoon action.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 08:20:19 AM by Mrbloodworth »

Terracotta Army

Reply #3160 on: January 22, 2013, 09:24:54 AM

Played some this weekend. AA changes don't seem to have had a major impact on the dominance of air. TR in particular on Connery are even more rabidly air-heavy, it seems, than before (Vanu was more balanced).

You know, I notice a ton of air on Jaeger for the TR as well. They seem to be able to field a huge air force and the NC and VS hardly seem to pull any counter to it - EVER. I am almost always the only burster MAX on the field as the NC troll across the landscape - usually on foot (which boggles my head at times). VS at least field some tanks and sundies. NC... I can't count how many times I drop in on a yellow deploy outpost and there are 5 NC to a full squad of TR or VS - no vehicles, no Sundy AMS, just running from the adjacent outpost across the open field. I don't understand it.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #3161 on: January 22, 2013, 09:54:23 AM

I guess they actually put the seven day xp booster on sale today as the daily deal.  So if you have been buying one each week to boost your certs be sure to buy a stack of the things today.  I might spend my remaining balanced buying as many as I can.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #3162 on: January 22, 2013, 09:57:15 AM

Yeah, our group has been running lots of squad boosts recently. Only thing that stops some of us is we have the alpha squad boost. If not for that, I would give back too. However, all boosts are better than the alpha squad one, I may just cave.

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #3163 on: January 23, 2013, 10:31:06 AM

Stunning!

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #3164 on: January 23, 2013, 11:09:13 AM

Sony Online Entertainment LLC (SOE) today announced a new partnership with the leading publisher of client-based MMO games in Russia and the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS), Innova Systems (Innova), to bring the award-winning massively multiplayer online first-person shooter (MMOFPS) PlanetSide®2 to Russian-speaking territories. This new partnership was revealed at the Igromir 2012 expo in Moscow.

The international partnership grants Innova exclusive publishing rights for PlanetSide 2 in its territory and ensures that dedicated servers, local customer support and payment gateways will be provided for the game. PlanetSide 2 will be launched under a free-to-play model, granting players basic access to the game free of charge so they can choose to play the game in a way that suits them best.

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #3165 on: January 24, 2013, 07:15:11 AM

Quote from: 01.22.2013

Players may note the following changes:

A number of Server and Client stability optimizations have been made.
    The Heavy Assault Shield should no longer fail to work after respawning.
    The Deployment screen now features top defensive locations on the continent as respawn points.
    Instant Action will now send players to areas with more combat.
    New players will now be placed at a spawn point in a battle instead of being drop podded in.

Liberators/Galaxies:

These aircraft are now easier to lock-on to with anti-air missles. By default you can lock on to them 1 second faster. This means it requires 2.5 seconds to lock on to an ESF and 1.5 seconds to lock-on to a Liberator/Galaxy.
     Lock on rockets and missiles should now hit more frequently and are harder to dodge.

Lock-on weapons can only be avoided by the following:

• Flares
  • Forcing the missile to hit something else
  • Outrunning it which requires you to be distant and burn a lot of fuel
  • A very near miss which should be very challenging

Quote from: Hotfix 01.24.2013

The servers will come down at 12:00 AM PT for a hotfix to address a few outstanding issues. Downtime is anticipated to be less than 90 minutes. Players may note the following changes:

A New Weapon is now Available! The G40-F Ranger will make that Reaver pilot think twice about strafing your tank.

A30 Walker:

The Walker has been adjusted in the following ways:

• Projectile Speed has been increased.
  • Fire Rate has been increased.
  • General firing and accuracy has been adjusted.
  •  Damage has been increased against aircraft.
  • Damage has been reduced against Infantry and Armor.
  • Ammo capacity has been increased 50%
  • Certification for Ammunition Capacity have been adjusted to only add +5 to magazine instead of +10.

Video of the new gun and changes in action.
PlanetSide 2 - Hotfix 01.24.2013

Ultimate Empire Showdown - Join the Fight

Your Empire Needs YOU for the Ultimate Empire Showdown

During the Ultimate Empire Showdown on January 25th, three teams of representatives will fight for their Empires, battling to win the ultimate bragging rights. But even if you're not at the live event, you can be a part of the action!

Your Empire needs you to help secure additional victories that will bring glory and honor to those who succeed. Whether you're chilling at home in your mom's luxurious basement, or commanding the charge from your posh penthouse headquarters, it's all hands on deck for this event!

Log in and show your might through these three challenging scenarios, and show your enemies who they are contending with. Help your empire dominate to claim total victory!

* Flight of the Galaxies – The Empire that owns this facility on the most servers at the end of this 30-minute challenge will secure the victory.

* None Shall Pass –If this facility is in your Empire's hands on the most servers at the end of this 30-minute challenge, triumph will be yours.

* Territory Tyrant – Control the most territory on this continent on the most servers at the end of this 30-minute challenge to win this battle for your Empire.

Everyone can be involved in this battle between Empires and servers. Join us on Connery to play alongside LevelCap, SeaNanners and Total Biscuit, or play on other servers to show your Empire's complete superiority. All three challenges take place on Amerish.

Trophies for each challenge will be awarded at the live event to the leaders of the winning Empire. Stay tuned to our Twitch.tv channel from 4-7PM PST for live coverage of the entire evening's events. We'll show you what the soldiers at ground zero are doing; YOU show your support in the most creative ways you can imagine and help earn the Player's Choice award for your Empire. Share your Empire pride via Facebook, Twitter and Google+ before and during the event.

If you're in the Los Angeles area, be sure to come down to the Ultimate Empire Showdown for a chance to meet the game's developers, mingle with your allies and enemies, and watch the throwdown at the Showdown live as it happens. Admission is free -- click here for information on how to get on the list.

Will SeaNanners and his NC companions wipe the floor with their foes? Will LevelCap and the Vanu team eliminate the competition? Or will Total Biscuit lead TR to prove their prowess?

Win or lose, we'll see you on Friday. The fight is over when the enemy is down. Go forth and do what honor demands!
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 08:19:51 AM by Mrbloodworth »

Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #3166 on: January 24, 2013, 08:49:30 AM

So they buffed the air version of the anti air walker, but not the useless version currently used on tanks, and then started selling a different anti air tank secondary?  Classy.

An unreported change with the lock ons is that the time to lock onto a tank has also been reduced.  I don't know if it's only faster for MBT or if lightnings are also affected.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #3167 on: January 24, 2013, 08:51:52 AM

The G-walker and missile lock on time was last patch.

Nija
Terracotta Army

Reply #3168 on: January 24, 2013, 09:08:51 AM

The walker looks MUCH improved. I'm going to finish kitting out my galaxy now.

edit: Yeah a 5 person galaxy is amazing right now. Fly low with bulldogs/IR off the sides. Walkers above and behind.

Rammed 2x mossies and the walker guys shot down 4. Run ended when one guy wanted to get coffee and I crashed us trying to goomba stomp a prowler.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 10:30:17 AM by Nija »
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #3169 on: January 24, 2013, 10:34:14 AM

That config is called a Galaxy gunship :) and its beast. But you are toast if you have no other air support.

Nija
Terracotta Army

Reply #3170 on: January 24, 2013, 12:43:33 PM

Not after today's patch.
Jimbo
Terracotta Army

still drives a stick shift

Reply #3171 on: January 24, 2013, 07:43:17 PM

What is the big event tomorrow?  I'm reading that it is on Connery only, but are they having other events on the other servers?

Plus I still can't get the in-game voice to work.  It recognizes my headset and my sound card and all the gear, but I can't get it to work.  I know my system works for vent and teamspeak.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #3172 on: January 25, 2013, 07:46:45 AM

What is the big event tomorrow?  I'm reading that it is on Connery only, but are they having other events on the other servers?

The Ultimate empire showdown.

On one server will be a televised event with the three chosen commanders outlined here: PlanetSide 2: Ultimate Empire Showdown

Meanwhile, on every other server will be this event:

During the Ultimate Empire Showdown on January 25th, three teams of representatives will fight for their Empires, battling to win the ultimate bragging rights. But even if you're not at the live event, you can be a part of the action!

Your Empire needs you to help secure additional victories that will bring glory and honor to those who succeed. Whether you're chilling at home in your mom's luxurious basement, or commanding the charge from your posh penthouse headquarters, it's all hands on deck for this event!

Log in and show your might through these three challenging scenarios, and show your enemies who they are contending with. Help your empire dominate to claim total victory!

* Flight of the Galaxies – The Empire that owns this facility on the most servers at the end of this 30-minute challenge will secure the victory.

* None Shall Pass –If this facility is in your Empire's hands on the most servers at the end of this 30-minute challenge, triumph will be yours.

* Territory Tyrant – Control the most territory on this continent on the most servers at the end of this 30-minute challenge to win this battle for your Empire.

Everyone can be involved in this battle between Empires and servers. Join us on Connery to play alongside LevelCap, SeaNanners and Total Biscuit, or play on other servers to show your Empire's complete superiority. All three challenges take place on Amerish.

Also, for those playing: Double XP weekend! Till Monday at noon.

Feel free to join us: http://bastardbattalion.enjin.com  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 07:48:56 AM by Mrbloodworth »

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #3173 on: January 25, 2013, 08:40:30 AM

SOE just published the 6 month Roadmap.

The site imploded.

http://www.planetside2.com/roadmap
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 08:53:48 AM by Mrbloodworth »

Terracotta Army

Reply #3174 on: January 25, 2013, 10:03:02 AM

What is the big event tomorrow?  I'm reading that it is on Connery only, but are they having other events on the other servers?

The Ultimate empire showdown.

On one server will be a televised event with the three chosen commanders outlined here: PlanetSide 2: Ultimate Empire Showdown

Meanwhile, on every other server will be this event:

Also, for those playing: Double XP weekend! Till Monday at noon.

Feel free to join us: http://bastardbattalion.enjin.com  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Amerish is going to be crushed and there are going to be a lot of pissed off people who will get left out of this event. They really needed to break these three up among the three continents.

Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #3175 on: January 25, 2013, 10:09:28 AM

I can't read all of the roadmap because the site is getting crushed but if they actually implement all of those at once bases would be incredibly difficult to attack and actually take.  I like reducing spawn camping but they are trying to do it by making many big changes instead of tweaks.  At least the devs seem engaged and are listening.  Most of the changes they have made so far have been positive, there have been no idiotic attempts to ram stuff down our throats.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 10:22:43 AM by Miasma »
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #3176 on: January 25, 2013, 10:22:04 AM

Here is a list of the bullet points in case it isn't loading for you:
Sparky
Terracotta Army

Reply #3177 on: January 25, 2013, 10:31:59 AM

That's an ambitious roadmap.  I'll be extremely pleased if a small fraction of it gets deployed on schedule.
Terracotta Army

Reply #3178 on: January 25, 2013, 10:36:58 AM

Good old Interlinks coming back... and Hossin. I am good there...

April - Empire Specific Run Animations
We'd like to add some variance and Empire-specific feel to the player run animations.

Umm... what?

koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #3179 on: January 25, 2013, 10:43:07 AM

Vanu prance, TR goose-step, and NC just kind of slide around in a fetal position.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #3180 on: January 25, 2013, 10:46:41 AM

The NC is are more like a bunch of spazzes.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 11:01:19 AM by Trippy »
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #3181 on: January 25, 2013, 10:47:45 AM

That's an ambitious roadmap.  I'll be extremely pleased if a small fraction of it gets deployed on schedule.
You can vote up and discuss each option (if the site were working).  I think the idea is to get a feel from the players about which are good ideas and should be priorities rather than doing them all.

Vanu prance, TR goose-step, and NC just kind of slide around in a fetal position.
I want that crazy leg bug back as the official NC run animation.
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #3182 on: January 25, 2013, 11:00:58 AM

An ambitious roadmap back to PS1 features...

I have never played WoW.
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #3183 on: January 25, 2013, 01:20:14 PM

I don't see why that continent lock idea is so popular, going at almost 300 like 1 dislike right now.  I don't like the idea of being unable to go to a continent.  What's the advantage of stopping all combat on one (or more) continents?
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #3184 on: January 25, 2013, 01:24:14 PM

Because it gives a small sense victory in otherwise interminable game.

"Me am play gods"
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 102 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Planetside 2  
Jump to: