Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 01:45:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Planetside 2 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 102 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Planetside 2  (Read 724155 times)
Terracotta Army

Reply #2870 on: December 14, 2012, 07:24:36 AM

Thanks

Where do I find the strap on grenade launchers? Are they under the certs for that weapon or is it something I need to buy from the depot?
Someone earlier in the thread was talking about an underslung launcher on their TRAC carbine but I dont see an option on either of mine :-(

What sights do people recommend for a carbine? I'm torn between the Terran MH2 (2x), one of the 2 3.4x scopes or the 3x scope but I'm concerned ill loose too much peripheral vision with a scope and that more than 2x might be too much for a carbine?

http://planetside.wikia.com/wiki/Underbarrel_Grenade_Launcher

m203 attachments are on selective weapons only (mainly the S-variants) and not available to HA. They are cert-baed (100) under the rail category.

Thanks, yes I need an S variant.

Any thoughts on my sights/scope question?
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #2871 on: December 14, 2012, 08:02:32 AM

You can take off camo by selecting it again, it acts like a toggle.

Sights are really a personal taste matter.  There are youtube videos showing what they all look like for each faction.  I just use a 2x reflex on my Gauss Compact S.  Most fighting is close so it seems fine.  Anything above 2x takes a little longer to bring up and you lose a fair bit of peripheral, which is fine if you're fighting at range.

Also note that all grenade launchers are somewhat buggy right now, they sometimes don't restock from ammo packs and some of them are 'duds' that do no damage.
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #2872 on: December 14, 2012, 08:06:20 AM

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #2873 on: December 14, 2012, 08:08:51 AM

That would be rightful overlords, to you.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Terracotta Army

Reply #2874 on: December 14, 2012, 09:00:14 AM

Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #2875 on: December 14, 2012, 09:23:40 AM

The patch only fixed the entertaining comedy bugs and left all the annoying fun-ruining bugs in.
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #2876 on: December 14, 2012, 09:42:34 AM

The patch only fixed the entertaining comedy bugs and left all the annoying fun-ruining bugs in.

No more floppy? well shit... Ohhhhh, I see.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
croaker69
Terracotta Army

Reply #2877 on: December 14, 2012, 12:13:57 PM

New interesting bug just killed me three times in the last 20 minutes. You get an "Out of bounds" counter when you are,like, somewhere random in the middle of the map. Sometimes just by moving round the counter disappears. Usually, it just gets to zero and kills you.

Literally:  why so serious?

I have had this happen when I was in a drop pod. I spawn in to deploy in the drop pod and it says you are out of bounds and I blew up and died before I could get in range of the ground hehehe.

Got this once yesterday too.

What may at first appear to be an insurmountable obstacle will in time be seen for what it really is: an impenetrable barrier.
croaker69
Terracotta Army

Reply #2878 on: December 14, 2012, 12:16:26 PM

No more floppy? well shit... Ohhhhh, I see.

A new one for me yesterday was people with knees that bent in both directions while running so they looked completely Looney Tunes.

What may at first appear to be an insurmountable obstacle will in time be seen for what it really is: an impenetrable barrier.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #2879 on: December 14, 2012, 12:48:09 PM

« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 12:55:52 PM by Mrbloodworth »

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #2880 on: December 14, 2012, 08:15:49 PM

This is one reason it is nice to get a good engineer/light assault gun as it is shared between them and any certs you stick on it work for both. So bang for the buck wise it is a great bang for the smedbuck and certs to tool up engies and light assaults at the same time.

The medium long range battle rifle is shared between engineer / HA (but is terrible), shotguns are Eng/Medic/LA but pretty limited (extremely short range with buckshot, not tried slugs).

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #2881 on: December 17, 2012, 05:01:48 AM

I've been certing up Medic (and a bit of MAX) while on my quest of finding fun in this shooting mans game. Thinking of getting the NS-11 rifle, which would leave me enough smedbux for some cosmetic bullshit after I got double Bursters and the vehicle weapon pack.
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #2882 on: December 17, 2012, 07:14:22 AM

For anyone thinking of actually buying Station Cash I would wait a bit.  The rumor is that one of the 12 days of Christmas sales (on the 21rst) might be triple Station Cash day.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #2883 on: December 17, 2012, 07:17:03 AM

It was confirmed by Smedly in a tweet so it's a sure thing.
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #2884 on: December 17, 2012, 11:21:55 AM

I've been enjoying playing this with Mrbloodworth's outfit for a little over a week now. They are mostly east coasters, but they seem to stay up pretty late at least a few nights a week.

My experience so far:
* Using the mini map while in a bigger facility is worthless (such as the Bio-labs where you can't tell where *anything* is).
* How you go about capturing facilities can get confusing. Apparently you don't *need* to down any generators or SCUs, but it does help. Just sitting on capture points will do it too.
* Anti-air is really weak, especially for infantry. Only Burster MAXs and Skyguard tanks seem to do any good against air. My lockon missile launcher (heavy assault weapon) gets distracted by flares too easily and when it does hit doesn't always do damage. Probably takes 3-4 (and you only have 4) to take down a single stupid fighter.
* And yet, I die very very quickly in my Mosquito (no flares yet).
* Heavy assault is the best class for ground combat.
* Engineer is my next favorite class for ground combat; can repair MAXs and tanks and stations. The gun you can deploy is OK but pretty limited and easy to get sniped while manning. Grenade launcher on the gun rocks.
* Playing in a semi-organized squad is much more fun than lone-rangering it. Even if you don't get much accomplished, dropping in with 6 other guys to surprise attack a facility is a lot of fun.

I bought the Vehicle Starter pack a couple days ago, which included extra weapons for every vehicle and some camo. Now my Lib and Mosquito are much more useful!

« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 11:23:35 AM by Viin »

- Viin
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #2885 on: December 17, 2012, 12:13:44 PM

I appreciate you tossing your body at the objectives I call out. Repetitively :)

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #2886 on: December 17, 2012, 12:33:57 PM

Well, this is certainly more Advertisement than we got for PS1 :)

PlanetSide 2: Ultimate Empire Showdown
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 12:44:50 PM by Trippy »

Terracotta Army

Reply #2887 on: December 17, 2012, 12:58:20 PM

Well, this is certainly more Advertisement than we got for PS1 :)

PlanetSide 2: Ultimate Empire Showdown

*cringe

And Viin... rule #1, let BW go first... he is a bulletsponge - but bring medic gear to rez him.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #2888 on: December 17, 2012, 01:56:10 PM

Does he Bloodworth his commands by ordering attacks on targets that were already taken over twenty minutes ago?

I don't know who two of the three guys in that video are and I only know the first guy because he's a crybaby douchebag.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #2889 on: December 17, 2012, 02:49:07 PM

Does he Bloodworth his commands by ordering attacks on targets that were already taken over twenty minutes ago?

lol

Jimbo
Terracotta Army

still drives a stick shift

Reply #2890 on: December 17, 2012, 07:04:18 PM

When your faction takes a continent is there any other benefit?  Actually saw the NC take one of the continents the other night, we got a vehicle purchase bonus (10% off), which is nice.  But seems like they should give you some more rewards for doing that.

I've always liked the idea of having it that if one side takes all the other territory and locks the other factions, they can win the war.  Or heck, they could make it that after you cap all three continents, you then can invade the other's homeworld or something.  Then once on is victorious they could award points, then restart.

Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #2891 on: December 17, 2012, 07:07:04 PM

It's a dangerous slope when you reward the winning team with in-game bonuses.

The strategic layer of this game is, at best, half-baked. Perhaps one day SOE will finish it.

- Simond
schpain
Terracotta Army

Reply #2892 on: December 17, 2012, 08:52:37 PM

Oh, and is anyone else supremely disappointed in the SOE sales???  5 days of helmets for each of the classes?  What the?

*Should be working*
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #2893 on: December 17, 2012, 09:34:50 PM

Yes, those are weak. Some of the regular daily bundles are OK.

- Viin
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #2894 on: December 17, 2012, 10:15:03 PM

Diet-Valve.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #2895 on: December 17, 2012, 10:49:51 PM

The helmets look ugly / try-hard, you never see yourself, and most of the time others only see you as a distant figure without a "do not shoot" triangle above your head. I'm not much into cosmetic goods for my character but in this game I don't even get why you would want them.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 12:23:45 AM by Kageru »

- Simond
Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #2896 on: December 17, 2012, 11:20:37 PM

The helmets look ugly / try-hard, you never see yourself, and most of the time others only see you as a distant figure without a "do not shoot" triangle above your head. I'm not much into cosmeric goods for my character but in this game I don't even get why you would want them.

They're for the kill screen, of course.  So the guy you just killed can see how ferocious you are.  Rawr!   awesome, for real

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #2897 on: December 18, 2012, 07:07:36 AM

Quick reminder, the 21st is Triple Station cash for the day. Works with time cards too.

Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #2898 on: December 18, 2012, 08:14:06 AM

The helmets look ugly / try-hard, you never see yourself, and most of the time others only see you as a distant figure without a "do not shoot" triangle above your head. I'm not much into cosmeric goods for my character but in this game I don't even get why you would want them.

They're for the kill screen, of course.  So the guy you just killed can see how ferocious you are.  Rawr!   awesome, for real

... It honestly didn't occur to me, mostly because I never pay attention to the kill screen.

- Simond
Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #2899 on: December 18, 2012, 10:55:24 AM

I use the kill screen so I can see which idiot from my own team shot me in the back this time.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
Terracotta Army

Reply #2900 on: December 18, 2012, 11:05:10 AM

I use the kill screen so I can see which idiot from my own team shot me in the back this time.

I do notice this as well... not so much the kill shot but the two assist icons are mostly TR and, surprisingly, grenades.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Seems odd they do the 3 stars set up like in hockey for the kill screen.

Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #2901 on: December 19, 2012, 05:34:34 AM

I bought the Skyguard for the Lightning tank. The wiki says it has a longer range than the Burster, which I am seriously putting into question. At least in a MAX I can SWOOSH! the fuck away at the first sound of rocketpod bukkake, whereas if I'd be in a Lightning it means two and half seconds away from death.

Where is the real-time out-of-game map they kept tooting on about? I want to have it open next to me on the laptop so I could multitask without falling out of the sky in whatever I happen to be flying.
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #2902 on: December 19, 2012, 05:37:03 AM

I believe the skyguard is pretty much universally regarded as garbage. Both in itself and compared to the dual burster max.

Not that I've actually seen a skyguard in use.

- Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #2903 on: December 19, 2012, 05:53:23 AM

I bought the Skyguard for the Lightning tank. The wiki says it has a longer range than the Burster, which I am seriously putting into question. At least in a MAX I can SWOOSH! the fuck away at the first sound of rocketpod bukkake, whereas if I'd be in a Lightning it means two and half seconds away from death.

Where is the real-time out-of-game map they kept tooting on about? I want to have it open next to me on the laptop so I could multitask without falling out of the sky in whatever I happen to be flying.

Skyguard got a boost to projectile speed which I was fully on board with. The issue is the CoF at range. If you can make out the colors of the ESF, it is not bad, but firing at something in the distance? You'll be lucky to land 1/5 projectiles. There is also the rendering issue that is just balls right now in a vehicle. Of course that cuts both ways in that a MAX unit can fire on an aircraft and never render on the pilot's screen whereas a skyguard and ESF both have to be in render range to target each other - then the disparity is glaringly apparent. PS1, I loved the skyguard...it was one of the only vehicles I could manage better than not. Was overjoyed to see it incorporated into the lightning frame in this version, but it is not even close to where it should be.

The other burster arm on the MAX is much more cost effective so if you are debating it, stop and grab the MAX arm.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #2904 on: December 19, 2012, 06:07:23 AM

I don't know what they think they fixed with the Ground to Air launcher, but it's fucked up. It freaking NEVER HITS for me. Sure, if the target is standing still, possibly AFK, eventually there's a chance my rocket is gonna hit them once, but most of the times they just shrug it off. This is not even about using flares, or moving around that much. For some reason, the pathing of these rockets and eventually the netcode make it so they frequently do not deal any damage, no matter how precisely they hit the target. This is particularly visible not just on ESF (they seem to always being able to just do a few twirl and lose the rocket), but on Liberator and Galaxy too. You see the rocket getting up there, connecting... and not registering a hit or dealing any damage. So annoying.

Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 102 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Planetside 2  
Jump to: