Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 07:11:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Planetside 2 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 102 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Planetside 2  (Read 724975 times)
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #1960 on: October 18, 2012, 01:18:33 PM

Game Update (2012/10/18)

Lot's of good fixes out this week.

First a couple known issues we'll hotfix asap:

Weapons are not purchasable in the marketplace, but are in the Cert trees
    The Dalton and Tank Buster, Liberator weapons, are not purchasable from Cert trees

Headlines:

Infantry and vehicle weapons are unlocked with cert points instead of Auraxium
    Auraxium rewards were removed from the game
    Cert points are earned with every 250 experience points instead of 1000 experience points
    Gameplay implants were removed, will return later as a loadout slot
    Weapon medals grant cert point rewards

Top Player Bugs Resolved:

Frame rate shouldn't affect fire rate
    Infiltrators should not be able to fire while cloaked
    Ability system improvements to help protect against abilities getting stuck on or off
    Ammo boxes and mines should be more responsive
    Fixed an issue where players would get into a semi-dead state
    Resolved an issue where players would log in or spawn at a location in the middle of the zone
    Platoons should no longer get in a broken leaderless state
    Players should no longer spawn at zero health
    Removed a case where players could get weapons into an unusable state
    The heal and repair tools now have sticky targeting

Weapons:

All shotgun damage and range has been reduced
    TR shotgun rate of fire is a little slower, but it is still the fastest shotgun
    Projectile drop was slightly increased

Vehicles:

Damage of Rocket Pods, Lightning 75mm, 40mm Grenade Launchers and Liberator 105mm cannon increased against Main Battle Tanks
    Flak damage reduced by ~5%
    Repair tool is now 25% slower on vehicles
    Liberator health increased by 10%
    A tuning pass has been done on tank turret controls. They should feel more responsive.
    Range of Scout Radar on Flash has been reduced
    Galaxy acquire timer is now 20 minutes instead of 30

Certs:

Scout Radar certification is now 4 ranks. Maximum range reduced to 200 meters
    Galaxy acquire timer certifications now capable of reducing timer to 5 minutes
    Mineguard certifications are now 4 ranks

Misc:

Queues for logging in to full servers or zones (no more having to spam the play button or warp button)
    Client performance optimizations

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #1961 on: October 19, 2012, 07:24:45 AM

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #1962 on: October 19, 2012, 07:44:22 AM

As a TR veteran, fuck not having any of the original TR continents' names back in the game. Hossin is on deck, Oshur (another purple continent), and Searhus (no one liked this stupid volcano anyway). VS get almost all theirs from the get go? This whole Barney-ness of the world just means SOE is still in the tank for the god damn Vanu. Nothing changes...

And yes, I see NC got the short end as well even though Hossin IS on deck, but no Cyssor or Solsar... then again, fuck the smurfies too. NO FORSERAL NO PEACE!

why so serious?

Greened to avoid the bitching.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #1963 on: October 19, 2012, 03:23:46 PM

It's been fun on occasion in beta. But it's still not easy enough for me to tell the difference between blinking-star/! because one enemy tried to solo cap a base and blinking-star! because there's a hundred people defending and attacking. Just like the first game I feel like I'm spending half the time just trying to find the fight. Certainly pretty cool looking.

Thought this was a funny pic to post on their FB news feed though:

They coulda either zoomed in so the room didn't look empty, or zoomed out to show the audience. This shot makes it look like an echo chamber though  awesome, for real

Edit: jeezus they just made it worse. Fire the photog:

Of course it is quite possible they didn't have a huge audience. All the business questions about this game haven't been answered.

And speaking of business, bad time to launch. The brand was never ever big enough to carry them through a holiday system of big name launches. This was a solid March or July launch.

Edit: also spoilered the big images.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 03:50:32 PM by Darniaq »
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #1964 on: October 19, 2012, 08:11:43 PM

Was that what SOE posted up, or what a fan posted up?

Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #1965 on: October 20, 2012, 11:58:28 AM

SOE posted both in their official Facebook thread. Or, whatever social media company they sub the work out to. They posted a few more in sequence after that which showed some better images. but by then I was bored  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #1966 on: October 22, 2012, 08:28:06 AM

The TR MCG is no longer and underslung gun. I shit you not.

No longer this:

But this:

They said the reasoning is, you can't fire from behind cover with it if it was underslung.  Facepalm
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 08:31:06 AM by Mrbloodworth »

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #1967 on: October 22, 2012, 09:02:47 AM

That sucks badly. They have a good reason, I get it, but who cares. With all the weapons this game has and one can choose from if they want to "shoot from cover", you can't break signature things and don't expect pitchforks.

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #1968 on: October 22, 2012, 09:09:44 AM

I do not think its a Valid reason at all. TF2, Black-light, Global Agenda, PS1, Unreal Tournament 3. List goes on. I more expect it has to do with the intended audience at this point.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 09:12:26 AM by Mrbloodworth »

Terracotta Army

Reply #1969 on: October 22, 2012, 09:24:13 AM

Umm... well the MCG looked goofy / was held goofy in all the pics I have seen of it (2-3?). But still...

How would that shoulder MCG even work then? I mean the kickback from just a rifle is bad enough, now you have four barrels turning through. And how heavy is that thing with ammo? MCG was always great for its huge ammo capacity even with its shit-tastic accuracy (trade-offs).  I get it, a wizard did it... but there was always an air of physics limiting the amount of fantasy in PS.

I am sure Higby played PS1. He had to have. I'd say more, but I already have in this thread. MCG out? Very disappointing and I wouldn't be shocked to see it go right back to underslung once people at SOE start melting under this firestorm.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #1970 on: October 22, 2012, 10:06:51 AM

F13 is to gaming as Joan Rivers is to fashion.
Terracotta Army

Reply #1971 on: October 22, 2012, 10:12:34 AM

Can't you have more than one gun in your loadout? I mean, carry your cycler for those medium range fights behind cover and whip out the MCG while storming the halls or at close range. That was the whole point of the gun in the first place.

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #1972 on: October 22, 2012, 10:25:44 AM

Fuck this game.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #1973 on: October 22, 2012, 12:52:00 PM

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #1974 on: October 22, 2012, 05:09:24 PM

I just took these two screenshots in game myself. What sucks, and is kind of ridiculous, is that while you see the MCG that makes sense in the weapon selection screen (left), the actual model (right) is that new abomination. I really wonder what's going on in their heads. This is almost as bad as Blizzard removing the ring sound from Diablo 3.

Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #1975 on: October 22, 2012, 05:31:50 PM

Abomination is right. 

I just wonder if the firing animation will involve the MCG getting ripped out of your hand(s), and smacking you in the face?

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #1976 on: October 22, 2012, 05:33:47 PM

I just took these two screenshots in game myself. What sucks, and is kind of ridiculous, is that while you see the MCG that makes sense in the weapon selection screen (left), the actual model (right) is that new abomination. I really wonder what's going on in their heads. This is almost as bad as Blizzard removing the ring sound from Diablo 3.
That just means they haven't updated all the artwork yet.
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #1977 on: October 23, 2012, 12:55:54 PM

Now it is really official that TR are fags!

NC forever!

Honestly, that gun looks like shit.  The quad nozzle look like water is going to come out of it.  If cover is so important, have the balls to dump MCG as the signature HA altogether.

I have never played WoW.
Terracotta Army

Reply #1978 on: October 23, 2012, 12:58:42 PM

Now it is really official that TR are fags!

NC forever!

Honestly, that gun looks like shit.  The quad nozzle look like water is going to come out of it.  If cover is so important, have the balls to dump MCG as the signature HA altogether.

I agree with this dumb ass smurf, and I am now saddened by this.

Dump the MCG and go for something over the shoulder. Or... BRING THE MCG BACK AND DON'T TOUCH IT AGAIN.

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #1979 on: October 23, 2012, 12:58:50 PM

OR!

Just treat it like the CQC gun it is. You do not need cover. But, Battlefield.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #1980 on: October 23, 2012, 02:09:49 PM

The MCG was a medium range gun. The N00bhammer was for CQC. The Lasher was for cheats who liked hitting people through walls and around corners awesome, for real

I'm also sad I can't take weapons from enemies like I could in the first. It was fun collecting MCGs (I didn't actually like the Jackhammer all that much).
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #1981 on: October 23, 2012, 09:13:08 PM

Word. I was NC all the way and I hated the noobhammer.

Had a locker full of cyclers though.

And fuck Barney and his lasher spam.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #1982 on: October 24, 2012, 09:07:00 AM

God I loved when they buffed the lasher projectile speed (and damage too maybe?)...It was stupidly OP for a bit there! Vanu4lyfe

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #1983 on: October 24, 2012, 09:35:44 AM

Word. I was NC all the way and I hated the noobhammer.

Had a locker full of cyclers though.

And fuck Barney and his lasher spam.

Jesus Christ, why am I the only TR player here aside from BW? Fuck all you psychedelic hippies.  why so serious?

And I actually had more results using the Pulsar than any of the other medium assault rifles. I'd loot the left overs and there were always pulsars. Ammo however was a bitch and a half. Green lightning bolts? really?

Pistol = MAGshot
Rifle  = Pulsar
HA   = MCG

For whatever reason, I couldn't get the Jackhammer to work for me but was ok with a Sweeper.

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #1984 on: October 25, 2012, 09:43:07 AM

Update Notes 10.25.2012

Notable Changes:

Players are now mostly invulnerable to damage at Warpgates with the exception of vehicle collision damage against structures. An outstanding issue is while accessing a terminal players are vulnerable.
        Sunderers are now available at every vehicle terminal that offers the Flash.
        Squad members can deploy on their squad leaders from the Warpgate via the Instant Action menu.
        Grief accumulation has been reduced for accidental team damage.
        Grief points are no longer accumulated for damaging a fellow member or their vehicle. An outstanding issue is killing that player will result in grief points.

Performance:

Client crash fixes and client performance optimizations

Top Bugs Fixed:

Logging out or zoning while in a MAX should no longer change your class.
        Forward spawn point terminals should now display appropriate faction on the minimap
        Vehicle kills will give notifications again.
        Turrets should no longer stop animating.
        Dead characters will no longer be collidable.
        Vehicles will no longer randomly invert controls.
        Shields will now block tossed projectiles such as grenades and C4.
        Fixed an instance where AFK players would be unable to be damaged.
        Fixed a case where dying in the UI could leave a character in a bad state.

Weapons:

Reduced bullet drop on all weapons.
        Buffed VS weapons to be much stronger at greater range. Projectile speed and Damage were increased on all weapons except sniper rifles.
        Projectile speed was increased.
        Damage at range was increased.
        Reload times on most VS weapons are now faster.
        Grenade trajectory is now more predictable.

Vehicles:

Speed required to damage infantry in a vehicle collision increased.
        Projectile speed of Halberd increased
        Reduced lock-on range of Heavy Assault anti-ground vehicle launchers (500 meters was overkill)
        Scythe Default and Rotary nose cannon projectile speed increased
        A pass was done on Sunderer and Tank Secondary weapon elevation ranges.
            Elevation ranges should be the same between all the MBTs. Previously there were some discrepancies
            50cal MG elevation range increased by 15 degrees

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #1985 on: October 25, 2012, 11:38:37 AM

Dead characters will no longer be collidable.
Well, that's it. Fuck this stupid game!
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #1986 on: October 25, 2012, 01:59:33 PM

Does reducing bullet drop and increasing bullet speed make this more or less like TF/Battlefield?  I never played those so this is not a rhetorical question.

I have never played WoW.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #1987 on: October 25, 2012, 04:41:22 PM

Does reducing bullet drop and increasing bullet speed make this more or less like TF/Battlefield?  I never played those so this is not a rhetorical question.

More, bullet drop in BF wasn't nearly as drastic as it was a week ago in PS2.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #1988 on: October 25, 2012, 04:42:20 PM

More, bullet drop in BF wasn't nearly as drastic as it was a week ago in PS2.

Well it is better than hit-scan.  swamp poop

snowwy
Terracotta Army

Reply #1989 on: October 25, 2012, 05:16:23 PM

Have x certpoints, but unsure what weapon to spend them on? No worries!
1)Open depot-page
2) select a weapon you'd like
3) Click purchase button
4).........stare at screen in wonder
5) Buy all the things! as getting weapons from the depot-page doesn't actually withdraw any certpoints

p.s a Lightning with Skyguard attached is a god damn thing of beauty. Is it OP at the moment? Hell yeah, but oh so much fun
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #1990 on: October 25, 2012, 08:53:28 PM

Where is this depot page you speak of?

Edit: Ah. Found it. Only works if you've got a decent cache of points.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 09:04:26 PM by Surlyboi »

Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #1991 on: October 26, 2012, 05:30:03 AM

As of yesterday it still let you buy the weapons for "free" but you have to have the exact amount of cert points that the weapon costs. Since I suck at this game it took me a day to get upto 48 certs but it let me buy all the 48 cert weapons so now I am saving for the 96 cert weapons then the 240 etc after that if it is not fixed I can then spend the certs making the weapons I will actually use better as well so instead of never getting to use some stuff because it will take me too long to get enough certs I might actually get upto 240 by the end of next week and have a fair few options to play around with for the remainder of the beta.

*edit* They fixed it - at least I got my Hawk!
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 05:00:09 PM by Ulysees »
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #1992 on: October 30, 2012, 11:53:02 AM

TB tells us how he really feels. It SHOCKINGLY* aligns with most PS1 players.

*Not really a shock, he is a PS1 vet, not a random review guy in this case.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 12:11:46 PM by Mrbloodworth »

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #1993 on: October 30, 2012, 12:33:57 PM

I went through how annoying he is and I must say that there are things I agree with and thinsg I disagree with or I don't see as a long term problem. But "continent lock"?

Didn't they say about a week ago...

Intercontinental Warfare

As we continue to add continents to the game, our goal is to make intercontinental conquest a central aspect of the metagame. The back and fourth of campaigning across a network of massive scale continents in enormous empire vs empire clashes is one of the cornerstones of what makes Planetside such a unique game. With our initial three continents we will be laying the foundation for this global conquest gameplay by adding things like continent locks for total continental domination, continent benefits from locking continents that carry over globally, and mechanics to support retaking locked continents.

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #1994 on: October 31, 2012, 07:35:38 AM

The very fact they are even trying cont-lock is due to the outcry of vets. They pushed back from it many many times. They think a constant three way and no locking was a good idea. TB's point, is Cont-locking does not work with only three contents, and it wont. This ties to his over all point. Shits not ready for release.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 08:11:26 AM by Mrbloodworth »

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 102 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Planetside 2  
Jump to: