Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 03:40:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Planetside 2 0 Members and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 102 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Planetside 2  (Read 724792 times)
Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #1575 on: July 04, 2012, 03:19:54 AM

If you're certain you're going to be playing and paying for PS2, then today is a good day to skip buying those fireworks and invest in some dead zebra skins instead.

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #1576 on: July 05, 2012, 08:10:26 AM

Played some PS last night, sniped some people and zerged a tower a few times. I enjoyed it. I still really dig the sniping, bullet travel time, and reticle system. You really have to predict the target's reaction. I made an amazing shot on a MAX in run mode that was out of armor.

Might keep rocking this a bit....

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #1577 on: July 08, 2012, 04:45:22 PM

I read it as paying subs set at the top of the list.

Yay for the nod to the PC Gamer promo, I sponsor that for the library's periodical room and yoinked the code when it came in.

Thanks for reminding me.  I knew I had that issue of PC Gamer lying around somewhere.  I found it and the code worked.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #1578 on: July 10, 2012, 06:10:02 AM

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #1579 on: July 10, 2012, 05:48:04 PM

Looks rad. Couple of system hangs, and it felt kinda empty, but those are expected.
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #1580 on: July 10, 2012, 11:49:58 PM

Based on the pop-locks happening on PS1 NOW, don't worry, it won't be empty as soon as beta starts in earnest.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #1581 on: July 11, 2012, 07:33:39 AM

BETA STARTS JULY, 12th! THAT IS THIS WEEK THURSDAY!

« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 07:43:31 AM by Mrbloodworth »

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #1582 on: July 11, 2012, 08:44:31 AM

Or as we say on Earth, tomorrow!

ACK!

The time, I has none to play moar games!
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #1583 on: July 11, 2012, 08:59:25 AM

I expect a full report on Friday by 4pm.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #1584 on: July 11, 2012, 09:02:30 AM

NDA!

Terracotta Army

Reply #1585 on: July 11, 2012, 09:04:32 AM

As if Higby even knows what the hell that even means. Now get out there and collect me some recon and prove me wrong about this farce of Planetside.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #1586 on: July 11, 2012, 09:09:39 AM

PlanetSide Command Center -- Episode 1

Recorded before beta announcement.

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #1587 on: July 11, 2012, 10:32:25 AM

Shit. And I just got off Solomon Island. My ADD sense is tingling...

What?

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #1588 on: July 11, 2012, 10:47:38 AM

Yea, so anyone have an extra code... I would gladly take it off their hands.
Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #1589 on: July 11, 2012, 03:41:35 PM

Beta starts on my birthday? I don't know how I feel about this. I don't think the floating saunahouse I rented for the whole weekend has wifi.

Edit: Oh, hey, it's just a technical test. I can get relax and get pissdrunk at the same time after all.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 03:45:15 PM by Gets »
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #1590 on: July 12, 2012, 09:22:57 AM

Foook your session based shooters!

Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #1591 on: July 12, 2012, 09:27:07 AM

One of those things is not like the other :)

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Terracotta Army

Reply #1592 on: July 12, 2012, 12:02:07 PM

Lmao... EVILPIG.

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #1593 on: July 12, 2012, 12:54:25 PM

MC Ohm-I - This Is The New Conglomerate

/whiteboydances

( Dirty NC bastard )

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #1594 on: July 12, 2012, 01:03:34 PM

Revolution is the path to freedom!
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #1595 on: July 12, 2012, 02:34:05 PM

Hey all!

First off, we're really all insanely excited about getting everyone in and playing the game as soon as possible. This has been a long road and it feels like we've all been in it together, having this next phase getting kicked off is a huge thrill for us.

I wanted to come by and give you guys some info about our beta plans and have there be one source of info from the dev team about what we're doing with beta rather than having a bunch of speculation based on tweets. Most of this info has been out there, but in various disconnected posts, so here it is all in one easy to reference spot.

Here is some general info about our current beta plans, what you should expect and when. I'll be sure to update this with more info and answers to more questions as I see them.

1 - Our external testing will be kicking off sometime this week (to be totally clear, I mean the week of July 9th - July 15th) with the technical test that we've been talking a lot about. This test will let us make sure the game runs across a variety of hardware configurations and the people invited will be hand picked based on the requirements in our hardware matrix. We're currently internally evaluating the build we expect to be used for this test and those players who have been selected will be receiving invites as soon as we're ready.

2 - We will be opening up the test in multiple phases or stages, inviting more and more players for each phase. Our priority invitees are those of you who are PlanetSide vets, and those who have priority beta keys (i.e. keys from the PC Gamer magazines), as well as those who received keys from members of the dev teams or at E3. Just so I'm 100% clear, we're not going to be opening the floodgates by inviting all of the thousands of PlanetSide veterans on day 1, but you are still the highest priority to get invites as we expand the testing circle out.

3 - Beta testing will begin with specific pre-determined times, and eventually will open up to being available more often. These testing times will be communicated through email to players who have been flagged for access.

4 - PlanetSide vets do not need a beta key, their accounts will be flagged for beta and they will receive an email letting them know – if you are a PlanetSide veteran, make sure your station account email is up to date.

5 - While we’re making every effort to communicate accurate times & dates to you guys, and get the beta going as soon as possible, if unforeseen circumstances occur and we’re forced to delay testing then we will.

6 - Beta testing is a critically important part of our development cycle on this project, we may be asking you to only play on tanks for a play session, or only play aircraft. We are doing true beta testing, not just a game demo and we implore those of you who are invited to understand and respect that. Things will break, the server will be unavailable sometimes, we will cancel scheduled tests when we find something that breaks before the test starts. All of this will help us make a better final game.

Looking forward to shooting you in the face and / or shooting other people in the face alongside you.

-
mh

Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #1596 on: July 12, 2012, 04:00:39 PM

Have a source BW?

NM, found it on PSU
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 04:02:34 PM by Malakili »
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #1597 on: July 13, 2012, 11:26:56 AM

Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #1598 on: July 13, 2012, 01:09:59 PM

What is a planetside "veteran"?  If I bought PS1 when it came out and haven't played it in forever does that count?
Terracotta Army

Reply #1599 on: July 13, 2012, 01:22:45 PM

What is a planetside "veteran"?  If I bought PS1 when it came out and haven't played it in forever does that count?

Supposedly if you have ever had a Planetside login and still have a station account. I don't even have the email used from back then or the CC I used or even the same bank account. Then again, I don't really want to revive anything to do with this.

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #1600 on: July 13, 2012, 03:01:07 PM

Should, yeah.

Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #1601 on: July 13, 2012, 03:05:41 PM

Source? I keep hearing that, but I don't even remotely believe it. There's no way they can extend an open ended beta invite to every tom dick and harry that once had a PS1 account. It has to be wishful thinking, and there's gonna be wailing and teeth gnashing when it hits everyone that to qualify as a 'vet' you had to have been a paying customer for a PS1 account in recent memory or you aren't a real vet.

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #1602 on: July 13, 2012, 03:47:45 PM

http://www.planetside-universe.com/showthread.php?postid=713163#post713163

Did you subscribe to PS1? If so, don't worry about a Beta key. The keys are meant for everyone else who far outnumber former PS1 players. How do you get in? We'll let you know. Unlike new folks we know who played PS1 so already have their information. Make sure your Station account is updated and you are good to go. - RadarX

Also: *** PlanetSide 2 Ultimate Beta FAQ ***
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 03:49:45 PM by Mrbloodworth »

Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #1603 on: July 13, 2012, 04:38:41 PM

Well dip me in TR poop and call me Barney

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #1604 on: July 14, 2012, 08:31:07 AM

Would be cool if they allowed us to import our old character names :) Komoto-K ftw!
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #1605 on: July 16, 2012, 08:21:46 AM

AGN PlanetSide 2 Interview with Matt Higby

Apparently, Tech test E-mails went out during this filming.

Would be cool if they allowed us to import our old character names :) Komoto-K ftw!

^ Was touched on in the interview.

shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #1606 on: July 16, 2012, 08:31:27 AM

Planetside 1 is still $15 a month, right?  If that is so, I don't think re-subbing just for a beat key is worth it. But I am tempted nonetheless.  I still think that PS1 in Beta was a better game than what went live,.

I have never played WoW.
Terracotta Army

Reply #1607 on: July 16, 2012, 08:33:18 AM

So did beta start? I am not asking for details, just want to know if it actually got off the ground.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #1608 on: July 16, 2012, 08:40:01 AM

If beta started last Thursday, then we probably have another few days until Bloodworth stops talking about how awesome it's going to be.   why so serious?

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #1609 on: July 16, 2012, 08:54:23 AM

Tech test first, closed beta to start after. Tech test started over the weekend. Length of tech test to be determined by issues that crop up.

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 102 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Planetside 2  
Jump to: