Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 04:53:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Planetside 2 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 102 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Planetside 2  (Read 724212 times)
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #1505 on: May 31, 2012, 02:26:12 PM

From what I have been seeing they are basically making the liberator more like a close support gunship instead  of a high altitude bomber. The fired bombs are more like a grenade launcher from the clips I have seen so useful but different role than the old bombs. That said its still alpha and they appear to be trying lots and lots of stuff option wise.

Seems I was a bit off. I went back through the video and took screen shots of the tool tips.

Looks like they removed bombs, and added....well, fired bombs. Of course, as stated in the video, a lot of this is for testing, and may not make it to the finial game.

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #1506 on: June 01, 2012, 06:33:38 AM

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #1507 on: June 01, 2012, 08:14:30 AM

I have to say, watching these videos makes me really want to fly the Vanu/Cylon thing. I'm TR thumper through and through, but it's tempting.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #1508 on: June 01, 2012, 08:17:17 AM

I really do not like the Auto repair and auto Re-supply. There are invisible walls over land. People get resources automatically every once in a while, just because ( Everyone is special? ). You can switch seats with a key press, you can enter any vehicle from any angle. You can't kick an empire completely off a continent, they have an impenetrable base. You can bail instantly from anything. They have power increases in my Planetside. I thought this was a War game.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 08:21:55 AM by Mrbloodworth »

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #1509 on: June 01, 2012, 08:42:13 AM

I thought this was a War game.

Umm, since when?

Note the 2 next to the name.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #1510 on: June 03, 2012, 12:14:09 PM

There will be a significant number of players asking for more "war" once this thing launches and they are going to have to patch it in later. 

I have never played WoW.
Terracotta Army

Reply #1511 on: June 03, 2012, 12:32:39 PM

There will be a significant number of players asking for more "war" once this thing launches and they are going to have to patch it in later. 

LMAO. Well played.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #1512 on: June 04, 2012, 06:47:36 AM

New Killcam. Its definitely better.

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #1513 on: June 04, 2012, 07:22:29 AM

Well, that's not bad.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #1514 on: June 05, 2012, 11:12:06 AM

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #1515 on: June 05, 2012, 12:26:32 PM

How do these shitty voice actors keep getting work? Sounds like a couple of the talentless twats that did Rift. Either that or horrid, horrid direction and writing. Or both.

Cringe-worthy. Sounds like a shitty dubbed japanese 80s saturday morning cartoon rather than a war game.

Also, need to stop with: The. Three. Words. Hint: it only works if the three words work as a phrase AND independently, that's the whole point.

I love where they're going with the game, but ye gods that's a terribad trailer. Someone hire new marketing. I'm available, if that's what professional money buys :)
Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #1516 on: June 05, 2012, 06:45:18 PM

No hit scan weapons :) Bullet drop on everything except lasers!

That makes me really happy. Totally OK with one shot one kill headshot snipers when they've got to time it and deal with the bullets trajectory
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #1517 on: June 05, 2012, 07:23:11 PM

Are all Vanu weapons lasers?

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #1518 on: June 05, 2012, 08:21:25 PM

No hit scan weapons :) Bullet drop on everything except lasers!

That makes me really happy. Totally OK with one shot one kill headshot snipers when they've got to time it and deal with the bullets trajectory

You say that now. Wait 'til I snipe you while you're hiding behind a rock because the bullet dropped just enough to land in your dome.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #1519 on: June 06, 2012, 01:05:35 AM

I do not know. I think most of them are is what they implied. Its somewhere in the video
Terracotta Army

Reply #1520 on: June 06, 2012, 03:27:51 AM

Traditionally, the Vanu-specific weapons are all energy-based.

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #1521 on: June 06, 2012, 07:07:43 AM

« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 08:48:38 AM by Mrbloodworth »

Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #1522 on: June 06, 2012, 09:14:02 AM

That last vid in particular is the Planetside I knew and loved. I'm glad they kept the turbine hum of the Galaxies. That sound is like a home cooked meal.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #1523 on: June 06, 2012, 10:52:01 AM

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #1524 on: June 06, 2012, 11:29:06 AM

Maybe showing retards playing on the show floor isn't the best idea.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #1525 on: June 06, 2012, 12:19:14 PM

I was going to say something about target audience, but decided not to.

Many things from the videos look fantastic. But I still have many reservations.

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #1526 on: June 06, 2012, 03:09:22 PM

I love the ammo counter semi-circle in the HUD, a lot of that looks and feels like it could be related to PS, but there's still a little too much BF/CoD in there. I'm hoping playing it changes my mind, but we'll see.

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #1527 on: June 07, 2012, 07:28:40 AM

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #1528 on: June 07, 2012, 10:00:15 AM

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #1529 on: June 08, 2012, 06:53:35 AM

We’re running almost exclusively on GeForce GTX 670’s here at the E3 booth. We’re really happy with the performance we’re getting out of the 670 video cards, and we can’t wait to see more and more of those out there so everybody can be running Planetside 2 at 2560x1600, which is what we run it at back at Sony Online Entertainment

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/e3-2012-next-gen-planetside-2-powered-by-the-geforce-gtx-670/

Thats a rather pricy card. Any suggestions on equivalent or more middle of the road options?

Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #1530 on: June 08, 2012, 07:03:10 AM

The 660s should be coming out soon, from what I hear - circa July. Those should be more reasonably priced, and should drop the prices on 560s and 570s considerably.
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #1531 on: June 08, 2012, 10:42:50 AM

Look at the rez they're running, tho. Unless you have a gigantor monitor, you don't need that. I suspect that it'll run just fine on a 500 Nvidia series or a 6000 series ATI card of some heft. At least I bloody well hope so. If they Vanguard this shit up, I'm gonna have a screaming meltdown.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #1532 on: June 08, 2012, 11:32:18 AM

I'm hoping my dual 460s will continue to kick much ass for a while at 1080p. My main concern lies along the lines of all the cool graphical tricks they're throwing in...I'm a whore for that stuff. The night stuff is really coming together in the latest videos.
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #1533 on: June 08, 2012, 11:59:55 AM

The 660s should be coming out soon, from what I hear - circa July. Those should be more reasonably priced, and should drop the prices on 560s and 570s considerably.

If you are not looking to run it at that high of a rez and something more common like 1900 by 1080 any of the 500 series should be fine.
Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #1534 on: June 09, 2012, 08:31:39 AM

Whoever thought it would be a good idea distribute beta keys through Twitter, now in parts or in randomized order, should be run over by a real life replica of the Sunderer in front of their family, including their pets.
Terracotta Army

Reply #1535 on: June 09, 2012, 10:23:36 AM

Whoever thought it would be a good idea distribute beta keys through Twitter, now in parts or in randomized order, should be run over by a real life replica of the Sunderer in front of their family, including their pets.

That has Higby's fingerprints all over it. Really dislike that guy.

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #1536 on: June 13, 2012, 11:39:51 AM

E3 Roundup awards:

Winners:

Winner Best of Show:  Game Informer

Best Shooter, Best Free to Play, and Best PC Exclusive: GameSpy

Best MMO Game and Best PC Game: IGN

Best MMO - Digital Trends

Best Shooter and MMO - Flesh Eating Zipper

Best MMO - IGN

MMO of the Show - Massively

Game of the Show - MMORPG

Editor's Choice - Polygon

Terracotta Army

Reply #1537 on: June 13, 2012, 11:44:02 AM

E3 Roundup awards:

Winners:

Winner Best of Show:  Game Informer

Best Shooter, Best Free to Play, and Best PC Exclusive: GameSpy

Best MMO Game and Best PC Game: IGN

Best MMO - Digital Trends

Best Shooter and MMO - Flesh Eating Zipper

Best MMO - IGN

MMO of the Show - Massively

Game of the Show - MMORPG

Editor's Choice - Polygon

Not a lot of games at E3 I assume...  Ohhhhh, I see.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #1538 on: June 13, 2012, 01:22:26 PM

What is it about posting in threads about games you don't like?
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #1539 on: June 13, 2012, 06:12:16 PM

I don't particularly like a lot of the directions it's going either, but I'll still try it out.

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 102 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Planetside 2  
Jump to: