Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 01:50:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Gog.com 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gog.com  (Read 225547 times)
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #280 on: May 10, 2012, 12:52:16 PM

Quest for Glory I - V now on GoG (includes both the original and VGA versions of the first chapter):

http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/quest_for_glory

So, you want to be a hero?  Heart awesome, for real

Best.
Games.
Ever.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #281 on: May 10, 2012, 01:54:18 PM

Quest for Glory I - V now on GoG (includes both the original and VGA versions of the first chapter):

awesome, for real awesome, for real awesome, for real awesome, for real awesome, for real

I don't know if I'll be able to actually stand doing the second one again (not without a walkthrough, anyway  swamp poop) but sweet.

God Save the Horn Players
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #282 on: May 10, 2012, 03:17:39 PM

I'm not too torn up about the lack of the SSI Gold Box games, since I have a couple CDs from the late 90s with most of the collection on them, minus Ravenloft, Dark Sun, and the Dragonlance games. I just wish the code wheels hadn't been lost in a fire.

Would be nice to have them on GOG though, if only to see what they do to compensate for that.
Xuri
Terracotta Army

몇살이세욬ㅋ 몇살이 몇살 몇살이세욬ㅋ!!!!!1!

Reply #283 on: May 10, 2012, 06:10:11 PM

The following video from ~4:52 to the end of the video (12:02 or something) neatly sums up how a great deal of my time was spent in Hero's Quest...I mean, Quest for Glory 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgrLEn8EVHw&feature=player_detailpage#t=292s

-= Ho Eyo He Hum =-
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #284 on: May 10, 2012, 06:37:33 PM

Yeah, thought it was worse in QfG2 where plot events occur on specific days, so if you don't have to waste time figuring out what to do you can have long stretches of days where nothing happens and you just do placeholder activities over and over.  Just wake up, go to the guild, spar for twelve hours, head out into the desert at nightfall and murder some bandits before going back to the inn to do it all again the next day.

Though I do think the game has a better "grind" than most.  I don't know if it's because I played it so early in my life or what, but it just seemed to strike the perfect balance between tedious and pointlessly easy.  I mean, yeah, you're going to spend maybe ten minutes grinding your climb skill, and it's not very interesting, but ultimately ten minutes isn't a ton of time, and it's pretty quick progression.  Maybe my tediumometer is broken after doing dailies for so long in WoW, but it seems almost relaxing to just "get rock throw rock" for a few minutes and walk away with the skill maxed.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #285 on: May 10, 2012, 06:38:26 PM

I climbed the shit out of that tree.

God Save the Horn Players
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #286 on: May 11, 2012, 06:55:51 AM

Best.
Games.
Ever.

Sierra games are often forgotten when people talk about narrative and mechanics being something that games are only just getting a handle on. Particularly in "mature" games, given where Sierra went with both Police Quest and Leisure Suit Larry.

I loved QFG I and finished it with a Fighter and Thief; my Mage got stuck on trying to win that stupid bug contest against that other mage.

Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #287 on: May 11, 2012, 08:40:21 AM

I'd like to see the rest of the SSI 5-Star General series (Panzer, Allied, Pacific, Fantasy, Star, People's).

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #288 on: May 11, 2012, 03:33:10 PM

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #289 on: May 12, 2012, 07:46:01 AM

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #290 on: May 12, 2012, 10:33:48 AM

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #291 on: May 12, 2012, 11:13:48 AM

STOS was the retarded little brother of AMOS, which ran on the terrible Amiga-wannabe system Atari puked up, right?
(Death to ST owners!  awesome, for real )

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #292 on: May 13, 2012, 02:24:26 PM

STOS was the retarded little brother of AMOS, which ran on the terrible Amiga-wannabe system Atari puked up, right?
(Death to ST owners!  awesome, for real )

Oh, look, a silly Amiga supporter. Enjoy your "Guru Meditation" while we breeze through our wonderful GEM ( hopefully avoiding those dreadful "bombs" in the process :P )

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #293 on: May 18, 2012, 07:09:56 AM

Good promo this weekend. Shell out $18 and get:

- Populous
- Populous II
- Dungeon Keeper
- Dungeon Keeper 2
- Alpha Centauri
- Sim City 2000 Special Edition

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #294 on: May 18, 2012, 11:55:48 AM

Comments say DK2 isn't working in Windows 7. Never got into Populous and Simcity2k doesn't thrill me.

Bought SMAC, wishing for SMAX. Nice to de-disc it.

Getting a nice shelf on there: Planescape, Ultima 7 Complete, HoMaM3 Complete, HoMaM 4 Complete, Fallout, Thief 2 and now SMAC. Actually been playing a bit of HoMaM3 running up to Warlock's release.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 12:00:07 PM by Sky »
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #295 on: May 20, 2012, 07:29:10 AM

Comments say DK2 isn't working in Windows 7. Never got into Populous and Simcity2k doesn't thrill me.
Hardware acceleration has to be off.  Someone posted a couple of registry keys to tweak, too.  One of those have mine working fine.

This is another one of those games I wish someone would do a graphical update, but otherwise straight port of.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #296 on: May 21, 2012, 12:42:21 AM

I climbed the shit out of that tree.

awesome, for real That and the Goblin Training Grounds are my daily hangouts.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
raydeen
Terracotta Army

Reply #297 on: May 25, 2012, 07:02:49 AM

Pharaoh and Cleopatra are now available. I think someone a few pages back was wishing for these.

http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/pharaoh_cleopatra

I was drinking when I wrote this, so sue me if it goes astray.
MisterNoisy
Terracotta Army

Reply #298 on: May 25, 2012, 07:51:26 AM

Carmageddon + the Splat Pack coming to GoG soon as part of the Carmageddon Reincarnation KickStarter and for $10 on it's own.  Hopefully they'll add Carma 2 as well.

XBL GT:  Mister Noisy
PSN:  MisterNoisy
Steam UID:  MisterNoisy
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #299 on: May 30, 2012, 11:55:06 AM

The original Colonization is up.

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #300 on: May 30, 2012, 01:34:07 PM

Hardware acceleration has to be off.  Someone posted a couple of registry keys to tweak, too.  One of those have mine working fine.

This is another one of those games I wish someone would do a graphical update, but otherwise straight port of.

There is an open source recompile of the DK2 exe which increases the resolution and works in win7.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #301 on: May 30, 2012, 02:11:13 PM

LINK!?!

Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #302 on: June 01, 2012, 11:51:24 AM

Weekend sale is 50% off Ultima & Wing Commander: http://www.gog.com/promo/ultima_wing_commander
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 02:04:43 PM by Simond »

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #303 on: June 01, 2012, 12:40:28 PM

I am so weak for Origin titles.
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #304 on: June 18, 2012, 04:30:21 AM

Orgasm incoming:

"Worlds of Ultima: Savage Empire" and "Martian Dreams" now available on GoG for FREE!!! Yep, you read it right.

What, still here? Go get 'em!! :P

http://www.gog.com/news/free_releases_worlds_of_ultima_1_2

Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #305 on: June 18, 2012, 06:32:34 AM

Another post to announce the GoG Summer "Battle of the Games" 2012 !

First match up is "Myst: Masterpiece Edition" vs. "The 7th Guest"

The following day, Winner gets a 60% discount; loser a meager 40%

Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #306 on: June 18, 2012, 09:53:36 AM

And thus my Ultima Collection is complete - again, yay! (and if somebody says 9 is missing, I think as a former Dragon I'm allowed to punch them)!
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #307 on: June 18, 2012, 10:13:34 AM

Fuck me, free Savage Empire and Martian Dreams for FREE? I remember these coming out when I worked at Electronics Boutique and wanting to play them, but not having a computer that could.

Gotten.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #308 on: June 18, 2012, 11:23:31 AM

Yeah, somehow missed those two back then.

Ditto on the collection, and ditto on 9. Against the grain, I loved 8 (AFTER THE JUMPING PATCH)...but 9...ecch.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #309 on: June 18, 2012, 11:24:38 AM

All the Richard Garriot self-insert NPCs you can handle!

I'll pick up Martian Dreams, I only ever played Savage Empire.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
raydeen
Terracotta Army

Reply #310 on: June 19, 2012, 11:13:11 AM

And thus my Ultima Collection is complete - again, yay! (and if somebody says 9 is missing, I think as a former Dragon I'm allowed to punch them)!

I want to play 9 at some point just to see how awful it is. Also, I'm a completest. I've got all the other ones and my OCD won't go away until I get a working copy. D/L'ed  a pirated version years ago but never could get it to work. The Universe was probably trying to save me from myself.

I was drinking when I wrote this, so sue me if it goes astray.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #311 on: June 19, 2012, 11:32:08 AM

There was ever a working copy?

Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #312 on: June 19, 2012, 11:53:14 AM

Today's GoG "battle" : Alone in the Dark 1+2+3 vs. Indigo Prophecy (Farhenheit). Meanwhile, thanks to yesterday's Myst victory, you can buy the Masterpiece edition for $2.39
---

Plus, old school style adventure "Resonance" has been released Heart

http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/resonance

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #313 on: June 19, 2012, 01:14:25 PM

There was ever a working copy?
I actually played through the entire game. It wasn't the worst game I'd ever played, just not up to the franchise standards.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #314 on: June 19, 2012, 01:27:55 PM

How is Indigo Prophecy beating out Alone in the Dark? I enjoyed Indigo, but I'd much rather have a cheap bundle of Alone in the Dark. I loved that game.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Gog.com  
Jump to: