Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 03:29:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Gog.com 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gog.com  (Read 225597 times)
raydeen
Terracotta Army

Reply #175 on: September 27, 2011, 04:52:02 PM

Technically, is it counting purchases or downloads? I have some games purchased that I have yet to download...

Unique downloads per account.

Every once in a while you'll see a jump of 10 or 15 or so. Looks like an average of a download every two seconds. I'm thinking 18 to 24 hours at that rate but it might be sooner. And I might be completely off as I suck at math.

I was drinking when I wrote this, so sue me if it goes astray.
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #176 on: September 27, 2011, 07:57:14 PM

Every once in a while you'll see a jump of 10 or 15 or so. Looks like an average of a download every two seconds. I'm thinking 18 to 24 hours at that rate but it might be sooner. And I might be completely off as I suck at math.

It's pretty random, I thought I had it figured out with a rough guess last night before I went to bed just from watching it a few minutes, I get home from class today to find I'm not even in the ballpark.  swamp poop

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
slyborg
Terracotta Army

Reply #177 on: October 13, 2011, 11:48:19 AM

This week at GOG-Darklands. Old MicroProse title, a rpg set in 15th century Europe. I spent WAY too much time playing this,as I recall.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 09:35:05 AM by slyborg »
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #178 on: October 13, 2011, 01:21:10 PM

Oh, shit... dare I assume they have worked out the bugs?

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #179 on: October 13, 2011, 01:25:17 PM

Just came here to post about Darklands as well. I don't actually remember running into many bugs in Darklands when I got it circa 95 or so, which always confused me since I heard nothing but how buggy it was.

Oddly enough, I could even run it in OSes as late as Vista without the need for DOSBox, which always earned Darklands extra points with me.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #180 on: October 13, 2011, 01:43:11 PM

I had a game-stopper, the one where it hung when a demon appeared on the combat map.  It was time for me to encounter one and was unavoidable.

Later I had a hell of a time trying to get sound to work via DOSBox.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #181 on: October 13, 2011, 01:46:21 PM

Oh my god! I'm back home (even of they spelled the name of my old hometown wrong  awesome, for real)
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #182 on: October 13, 2011, 01:53:09 PM

Ooooooh, Darklands. Something to play on the laptop while I wait for the real pc.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #183 on: October 13, 2011, 01:54:24 PM

Oh my god! I'm back home (even of they spelled the name of my old hometown wrong  awesome, for real)

I remember in the old Darklands manual there was some errata for the game itself where it mentioned some towns in the game had slightly different names then compared to now. Maybe it was one of those cases?
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #184 on: October 13, 2011, 02:55:54 PM

Most likely just an innocent tumbling around of the vocals. I don't think Vienna was ever called Wein. One never knows, though.

But now on to the topic. Lets go save us some merchants. Daddy needs a new high quality weapon!  awesome, for real
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 02:57:33 PM by Tebonas »
WayAbvPar

Reply #185 on: October 13, 2011, 04:17:58 PM

I played it a bunch recently as abandonware. Will absolutely buy it again, especially if it plays with my new PC better now. LOVED LOVED LOVED Darklands.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
slyborg
Terracotta Army

Reply #186 on: October 14, 2011, 09:37:51 AM

Oh, shit... dare I assume they have worked out the bugs?

If GOG runs true to form,the game will run under Windows but have all the original bugs. On the other hand,I can't really remember any game-stoppers in it-some cosmetic stuff (hair changing color) but that's it.
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #187 on: October 14, 2011, 12:44:55 PM

I'm tempted to buy the GOG version of Darklands if only because I can't find my original printed-out manual and the only decent online manual I've found doesn't work.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #188 on: October 14, 2011, 02:26:45 PM

I have the CDROM but not really sure where that thick-ass manual went.  I'll buy it sooner or later but if I've misplaced the manual, I will be upset with myself.

WayAbvPar

Reply #189 on: October 14, 2011, 02:31:26 PM

Anyone have a way to alt/tab out of a full screen game and then get back in without the window shrinking to the original resolution size? Or to run it in a larger window? I went to consult the manual, shrunk the window, got annoyed, and went to bed.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #190 on: October 14, 2011, 02:34:23 PM

I have no idea how you can do it with GOG-ified game, but with normal DOSBox using D-Fend, I go and edit the settings for the game (in this case, Darklands), go to Graphics, set the resolution to what I want (1024x768 is pretty good without it looking like ass), then go down to the Scaling options and choose "Nearest neighbor upscaling with factor 3", which scales it up to the aforementioned resolution without applying weird filters or anything.

You can also do it without a frontend through editing cfg files, but I couldn't be arsed to figure out how.
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #191 on: October 14, 2011, 03:06:38 PM

Alt + enter generally works fine for me if you just want it fullscreen again.
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #192 on: October 16, 2011, 12:30:56 AM

Been over a quarter of Germany, hitting up as many alchemists and fighting as many witches as I can and I have yet to find a single Essence of Grace formula. Looks like I'm going to have to load up dked and add it.
Zaljerem
Terracotta Army

Reply #193 on: October 17, 2011, 07:33:19 AM

I have no idea how you can do it with GOG-ified game, but with normal DOSBox using D-Fend, I go and edit the settings for the game (in this case, Darklands), go to Graphics, set the resolution to what I want (1024x768 is pretty good without it looking like ass), then go down to the Scaling options and choose "Nearest neighbor upscaling with factor 3", which scales it up to the aforementioned resolution without applying weird filters or anything.

You can also do it without a frontend through editing cfg files, but I couldn't be arsed to figure out how.

Every GOG game I've seen that uses DOSBox has a .conf file that you can edit right in the root of wherever you installed the game to. I immediately edit it for windowed and 1024x768.

Every problem has a better solution when you start thinking about it differently than the normal way. - Steve Wozniak
When is [Minecraft] going to get together with DF, have a nice cuddle and a bottle of wine and finally produce the Baby that I want ? - Ironwood
"Thank you for helping us help you help us all." - GlaDOS
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #194 on: November 19, 2011, 03:40:32 PM

I don't want to just assume UFO:Afterlight is the best one of the three.  I also don't want to buy all three.

UnSub
Contributor

Reply #195 on: November 19, 2011, 08:32:50 PM

Missing out on Heroes of the Lance could be counted as a blessing.

I still remember the feelings of joy I got from finishing that damn game.

The most dangerous opponent you faced was... a hole in the ground. If you screwed up that jump with the only two characters who could make it, prepare to start from the beginning again.

UnSub
Contributor

Reply #196 on: November 19, 2011, 08:35:10 PM

Sorry if I missed it being posted here, but GOG to start selling new games; aims to take on Origin and Steam.

It's a good evolution for them, but the question is WHICH new games.

Xuri
Terracotta Army

몇살이세욬ㅋ 몇살이 몇살 몇살이세욬ㅋ!!!!!1!

Reply #197 on: November 20, 2011, 12:09:55 PM

In a fight between Steam, GoG and Origin to get my money for a specific game, Steam would still come out on top - if only for convenience reasons, with GoG in an honorable second place. There would be no prize for third place.

-= Ho Eyo He Hum =-
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #198 on: November 20, 2011, 01:45:20 PM

GoG would take it for me, due to my nerd fixation both with no DRM and the addidional little bonus junk they throw in (soundtracks and stuff).  The only downside is no Steam achievements.  But I can't imagine the selection will be all that great, given the concessions they're asking the publishers to make that Steam doesn't.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #199 on: November 21, 2011, 08:02:21 AM

I have a hard time caring about Steam achievements when they are inconsistently updated/uploaded.  I don't really want to have to play something more than once in order to (try to) get some I was cheated out of.

I am probably missing something, but how is Steam more convenient than GOG?  Fewer steps to DL/install/run a game?

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #200 on: November 21, 2011, 09:13:34 AM

I have a hard time caring about Steam achievements when they are inconsistently updated/uploaded.  I don't really want to have to play something more than once in order to (try to) get some I was cheated out of.

I am probably missing something, but how is Steam more convenient than GOG?  Fewer steps to DL/install/run a game?

Because it already has everything I already have.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #201 on: November 21, 2011, 09:16:43 AM

Still confused! awesome, for real

Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #202 on: November 29, 2011, 09:21:28 AM

Ultima VII: The Complete Edition now available on GoG (yep, Forge of Virtue and Silver seed too!) for only $ 5.99

http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/ultima_7_complete

Shut up and take my money!! (again)

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #203 on: November 29, 2011, 11:06:15 AM

Ultima VII: The Complete Edition now available on GoG (yep, Forge of Virtue and Silver seed too!) for only $ 5.99

http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/ultima_7_complete

Shut up and take my money!! (again)
YUUUUUUP!

That's what I've been waiting for.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #204 on: November 29, 2011, 11:06:46 AM

Ahhh, finally.

koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #205 on: December 05, 2011, 07:24:09 PM

So GOG will be giving away Empire Earth Gold next Monday to kick off their holiday sales:

http://www.gog.com/en/news/gog_com_s_holiday_celebrations_are_almost_here

Finally, we’re starting our winter sale with a huge bang--we’re giving anyone a free copy of Empire Earth Gold Edition for 48 hours. Starting on Monday 12 December at 11.00 GMT and running until Wednesday 14 December at 10.59 GMT, anyone can add Empire Earth: Gold Edition to his or her shopping cart for free as a holiday gift from us to you!

So there that is.

I'll just say that Empire Earth is one of the very, very few games I actually regret buying. Ambitious but oh so terrible.
Severian
Terracotta Army

Reply #206 on: December 08, 2011, 11:12:22 AM

48 hour sale on The Witcher II for $23.99 - until Dec. 10 @ 10:59 GMT
Get The Witcher: Enhanced Edition (the first one) for free with the order, just make sure you put it in your cart after adding The Witcher II, and before buying.

They say this is cheaper than it has ever been / will be during their upcoming holiday sale. Also, if you already have the first Witcher you can convert your free copy from this sale into a gift code by contacting support.

F13 thread on the game.
MisterNoisy
Terracotta Army

Reply #207 on: December 12, 2011, 04:24:02 PM

Almost everything is half off at gog.com currently, and they're currently giving away Empire Earth: Gold for free.

XBL GT:  Mister Noisy
PSN:  MisterNoisy
Steam UID:  MisterNoisy
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #208 on: December 14, 2011, 07:10:16 AM

Sweet, Planescape and U7 Complete for under $8.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #209 on: December 14, 2011, 11:38:38 AM

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 20 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Gog.com  
Jump to: