Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 26, 2024, 04:34:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Rift: Planes of Telara 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 97 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rift: Planes of Telara  (Read 806467 times)
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #3045 on: March 22, 2011, 07:39:48 PM

Posting while on Meth makes you difficult to understand.

Yet, it made sense to me....Having the same experiences as Mr. Meth up there....one char at 33, one at 21, neither has been in IT.......did i miss something= Hell if i know, the grind is on rails anyway.....f'ing boring.....
Still have a 12 warrior to run through the stuff, but can't really be bothered, because i've seen it all......besides IT.......

Need more periods.

-Rasix
Shatter
Terracotta Army

Reply #3046 on: March 23, 2011, 04:52:26 AM

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthread.php?135656-Upcoming-Balance-changes-vs-Hot-fixes

Glad to see they are going to "fix" Warriors and Saboteurs finally both of which dominate PvP.  There were bugs that basically made them ignore all of your armor and put you into negative numbers and subsequently rape your face. 
Shatter
Terracotta Army

Reply #3047 on: March 23, 2011, 05:13:34 AM

Oh and they nerfed bard heals...fuck you Trion you morons.  A bard cant go 1V1 with good DPS classes(which is pretty much everyone else except bards) so they were only useful in warfronts, now thats been nerfed to half as effective so why even bother playing one?  So I can do sub par shitty heals to only a few people while I get assraped 1V1?  Yeah, thanks for killing a decent / fun class asshats.  Least you can do is up the heals since you nerfed its effectiveness down to 5 fucking people.  Yeah im pissed, havent had coffee yet and fuck Scott. 
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #3048 on: March 23, 2011, 06:46:48 AM

Need more periods.

I like to think they're ellipsis and explains why his post is so incoherent.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #3049 on: March 23, 2011, 08:01:30 AM

Oh and they nerfed bard heals...fuck you Trion you morons.  A bard cant go 1V1 with good DPS classes(which is pretty much everyone else except bards) so they were only useful in warfronts, now thats been nerfed to half as effective so why even bother playing one?  So I can do sub par shitty heals to only a few people while I get assraped 1V1?  Yeah, thanks for killing a decent / fun class asshats.  Least you can do is up the heals since you nerfed its effectiveness down to 5 fucking people.  Yeah im pissed, havent had coffee yet and fuck Scott. 

They nerfed bard heals to affect 5 people instead of the whole raid, this means now you actually need more than one single bard per raid.  It's a GOOD change.

I am the .00000001428%
Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #3050 on: March 23, 2011, 08:26:31 AM

So it has begun. why so serious?

- I'm giving you this one for free.
- Nothing's free in the waterworld.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #3051 on: March 23, 2011, 09:22:14 AM

As I just said in the rift thread but will expand upon here, I do not believe trion has any intention of going outside standard class roles. Warriors tank, mages nuke, clerics heal and rogues dps. They may let you go a little outside your role but just enough to tease, now get your ass back to your proper spec. I think it's the fact they won' address the exposure debuff at all that bothers me. It's clear this one debuff is wildly unpopular and a huge cockblock to doing simple things like running or even grouping up mobs but they seem to be doggedly sticking with it. This speaks to me of having a firm 'vision' for what they want their game to be, fun be damned.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #3052 on: March 23, 2011, 09:46:11 AM

Seeing that I've seen a number of Justicars tank better in t2 then a good number of warriors, with riftstalkers being right about where warriors are in most of t2 dungeon content (some pulls are a bit more rough if just AE'ing), I'm going to disagree. Especially with the update to itemization, I can't wait to see how much better some clerics can get at tanking when they have cleric gear with additional +block/parry/dodge/toughness as I already prefer justicars over warriors/rogues when I can find one to tank allowing me to dps and get a break from tanking instances. The trick is finding one who knows how to spec and actually perform in that role.

I'm not a fan of the spores proc % nerf for chloro as that does reduce their ability to solo heal instances, but a lot of clerics can't even solo heal an instance later on. Mages will be receiving some love soon as well, so I'm not worried about their dps just yet, though some are still able to pull 900+ single target sustained dps meaning they will be even better after any buffs they may receive

Warriors will still be very good at dps, even after they fix certain abilities (such as 100% armor penetration bug)

So while it's true some callings will perform better at certain tasks then others, that certainly doesn't mean the game is limited to "Warriors tank, mages nuke, clerics heal and rogues dps" as other callings are more than capable of performing tasks other callings are more known for traditionally.

Edit - I'm not saying it won't end up in the shitty traditional way though, just that it isn't the case yet or in the near future.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #3053 on: March 23, 2011, 09:47:55 AM

If you think that you're set in your roles, period, you're completely retarded. The only problems that cleric and rogue tanking has run into has been itemization (with a few ramp up problems with rogue tanking; those are minor). Tadow, they're dropping 100 items into the dungeons to fill those itemization holes. Chloromancers can main heal. Warrior dps is amazing. Cleric dps is fine.

Really, dissenting opinions are fine, but yours are perpetually outside the bounds of *what's actually in the game.*

EDIT: Segoris is nicer than I am but is saying the same thing. You have no idea what you're talking about.
Shatter
Terracotta Army

Reply #3054 on: March 23, 2011, 10:24:45 AM

They nerfed bard heals to affect 5 people instead of the whole raid, this means now you actually need more than one single bard per raid.  It's a GOOD change.

Why would I roll in Warfronts now as a Bard where I can only help a few people, do shit damage and lame healing.  Then I leave the WF to get my ass handed to me by pretty much any class 1V1.  I was ok with bards sucking 1V1 since I made up for it in WF's so now they suck on 2 levels....
Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #3055 on: March 23, 2011, 10:30:13 AM

Seems like they could allow for more bards in raids by simply allowing the cadence/codas to stack in a diminishing way rather than this change which seems to make a bard per group required (if you want bard-style utility).  Hell, just make the cadence stack (diminishing) and have the codas not stack.

Edit: Now that I think about it, I don't think the problem they were trying to address is "only one bard in raids" - if there is already a bard in the raid, pick a dps or tank role.  Probably they are trying to address that this class gives too much free-healing in raids, but is mostly fine in five-mans.  So, I guess my suggestion kind of blows.   swamp poop
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 12:51:23 PM by Typhon »
Blackluck
Terracotta Army

Reply #3056 on: March 23, 2011, 11:00:00 AM

Apparently class balance is done completely in reaction to either pvp or raid issues.
Neither of which I do, which leaves me and mine screwed Argh!

(sorry for the inadvertent rhyme.)
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #3057 on: March 23, 2011, 11:44:36 AM

Screwed is a nice over exaggeration. These changes aren't that big for 5 man groups. The biggest is the spores reduction and that very well may be made up for with increased damage or other ability changes when mages get some love.
Blackluck
Terracotta Army

Reply #3058 on: March 23, 2011, 12:14:53 PM

It's part of a larger pattern. Same thing happened to Rangers, Marksman and Warlords right at the end of alpha (the later two were really eviscerated.) I like the game, but I'm starting to think the nerf scalpel (far worse than the nerf hammer) is wielded a little to freely over there.   
Shatter
Terracotta Army

Reply #3059 on: March 23, 2011, 12:33:05 PM

Funny part is they withdrew these nerfs and basically went "oops, sorry you saw that just ignore it".  Well guess what....its 1 month tomorrow and that means its paying sub time.  Convenient they pulled the nerfs right before people might have decided to not sub if their class gets nerfed.  My guess is these nerfs will go on test within a week once those 1 month $$$ are in their pockets. 
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #3060 on: March 23, 2011, 12:38:00 PM

Eh, I'd call it more inconsistent adjustments than a developing pattern of nerfs. A lot of the changes made since beta 1 have not been bad, and even the ones currently leaked and retracted aren't nearly as bad as people are doom glooming them to be.
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #3061 on: March 23, 2011, 12:40:58 PM

Funny part is they withdrew these nerfs and basically went "oops, sorry you saw that just ignore it".  Well guess what....its 1 month tomorrow and that means its paying sub time.  Convenient they pulled the nerfs right before people might have decided to not sub if their class gets nerfed.  My guess is these nerfs will go on test within a week once those 1 month $$$ are in their pockets. 

Here, you may want to wear this -  Tinfoil Hat
Shatter
Terracotta Army

Reply #3062 on: March 23, 2011, 12:43:11 PM

Here, you may want to wear this -  Tinfoil Hat

Need more tinfoil, I have a big head
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #3063 on: March 23, 2011, 12:51:06 PM

Jesus wept, you people...  swamp poop
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #3064 on: March 23, 2011, 03:41:37 PM

Jesus wept, you people...  swamp poop

Thanks for adding to the conversation.

Don't mess with bards.  It's the only role I love.  Don't balance for pvp.  Fucking don't.  Don't do it. Trion, meet me further down the post.

Hey.  Trion.  You got a good thing going, you released a polished, relatively bug-free game and stole a march on Blizzard.  You took the MMO world by storm and now you want to start fucking with your success?  Come on. 
It's up to you.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #3065 on: March 23, 2011, 03:56:36 PM

Hrm, yes, my post did lack the contribution and seriousness of "they roll back nerfs at the last second to keep subs" or "this game doesn't do this thing in any way, shape or form but I'm going to pretend it does and WHY DOES IT DO THIS!?!?"
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #3066 on: March 23, 2011, 04:04:24 PM

Obvious fanboy is obvious.

Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #3067 on: March 23, 2011, 04:10:53 PM

Absolutely not. I think there are plenty of glaring issues with the game. But they're real issues, not imaginary claptrap. Samples:

1) Expose ranks as some of the dumbest shit I've ever seen in any MMO. Whoever came up with it needs their pay docked.
2) Grey mobs not only aggro but dismount AND expose?
3) The buffing UI is fucking atrocious and makes some things (avoiding saboteurs, rogue tanking) twice as hard as they need to be
4) Questing is insipid and uninspired
5) Questing loops you back to the same places over and over and over again.
6) While I'm hesitant to call healing too easy, healing is too easy. Mana is never a concern, there are no serious cooldowns to juggle meaning your output never really has to drop or rise

I could go on. I like the game a lot but it's not perfect. But I don't need to make up problems, particularly quite frankly delusional horseshit like "oh god, they're manipulating nerf news to play with sub numbers", just to kvetch. I'm on f13, I ain't of it.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #3068 on: March 23, 2011, 04:11:25 PM

Obvious fanboy is obvious.

You've really got no room to make a statement like that.

The "sky is falling drama" is getting a bit over the top.  "Hey, Trion" seriously?  We do that here?

-Rasix
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #3069 on: March 23, 2011, 04:45:58 PM

My issue with Bard nerfs is that it doesn't actually make you bring multiple bards. It makes you still bring one bard to buff and heal any melee group you make, and a chloro to raid heal.

Bard healing could be stupid, but that was due to a few really dumb abilities, not the ability to passively heal everyone. And if your raid model is "lots of unavoidable low raid damage", you suck at raid design. Especially if you throw in multiple classes that heal everyone as a side effect of existing.

Bring multiple bards could be solved by making a few of the motifs have 15s cooldowns that are shared, so your wind up needing different bards for +crit or +dmg, and -damage and the HoT.

Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #3070 on: March 23, 2011, 05:03:42 PM

I haven't been wrong about an online game yet, if I'm negative it's because there's simply a lot to be negative about. Frankly I'm disappointed and perhaps a little upset at the lack of real innovation in the newest crop of games

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #3071 on: March 23, 2011, 05:49:42 PM

You've been wrong about every single thing you've said so far actually.  I just did a raid rift with my guild, the bard out healed every real healer by over 3X the amount.  That is not intended, it is ridiculous to not expect it to be nerfed.

I am the .00000001428%
Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

"Use the Soy Sauce, Luke!" WHOM, ZASH, CLISH CLASH! "Umeboshi Kenobi!! NOOO!!!"

Reply #3072 on: March 23, 2011, 05:59:39 PM

I haven't been wrong about an online game yet, if I'm negative it's because there's simply a lot to be negative about. Frankly I'm disappointed and perhaps a little upset at the lack of real innovation in the newest crop of games

Not only is this bullshit, but it clearly shows you have delusions of mediocrity.

"Pity hurricanes aren't actually caused by gays; I would take a shot in the mouth right now if it meant wiping out these chucklefucks." ~WayAbvPar
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #3073 on: March 23, 2011, 06:56:35 PM

Dude, you've said stuff that is *objectively and indisputably wrong* on a repeated basis. Not a matter of an opinion. Just wrong. That's the objection here, not that a bunch of ravening fanboys are defending their precious lifestyle choice.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #3074 on: March 23, 2011, 07:59:22 PM

I'm bad and I should feel bad so I'll lay off rift and in a couple months if they havent nerfed some souls to being second fiddle then i will make a hat icon and then eat it.

Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #3075 on: March 23, 2011, 08:11:43 PM

You must be a masochist. You have been going on and on about everything you can possibly come up with that is negative about the game since before it was released.

Yet it sounds like you are playing it.

I can only assume that you are only playing it so that when you quit you can tell yourself "Yeah, see I am not playing this anymore so obviously it was a failure."

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #3076 on: March 23, 2011, 09:43:20 PM

It's a good game and I don't see myself quitting it soon. It COULD be great but I don't see it happening, it's like eating the perfect pizza except they used an artificial cheese, just ruins the whole thing.

kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #3077 on: March 23, 2011, 10:04:55 PM

You've been wrong about every single thing you've said so far actually.  I just did a raid rift with my guild, the bard out healed every real healer by over 3X the amount.  That is not intended, it is ridiculous to not expect it to be nerfed.

It is silly, and it's due to the encounter design.

"hey, let's make the entire encounter about raid wide or relatively spread out/random damage!"

*ae healing runs the show*

"oh god, how could we have known that our healing frame is so idiotic that low cost/free raid wide healing breaks our idiotic encounter design!"

The entire reason Bards do so well in Invasions, Raid encounters, and smaller Warfronts is that their healing is relatively constant, has a few oh shit burst buttons, and most of all: effectively has zero cost of use (cadence's energy cost regens by the time cadence is over, the only way to run a bard out of energy is to either be abusing that silly 15 seconds of free codas, or be clipping your cadences)

This is why Chloros are better raid healers than Clerics as well: their healing is a side effect of them just doing their own thing. They rarely (bloom and their cleanse being the only exceptions) need to pre-judge incoming random damage using the really terrible raid UI.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #3078 on: March 24, 2011, 12:03:02 PM

I haven't been wrong about an online game yet

DID SOMEONE SAY GRIEF TITLE? I THOUGHT I HEARD IT. YES I AM YELLING AT YOU. ALL OF YOU.
 awesome, for real

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #3079 on: March 24, 2011, 12:36:00 PM

Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 97 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Rift: Planes of Telara  
Jump to: