Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 10:21:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: WoW Open Beta Started 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: WoW Open Beta Started  (Read 33356 times)
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

on: November 08, 2004, 01:21:53 PM

you can sign up on fileplanet, or probably the main wow site, but it is so slow I cannot access the site.

Anyway, I would suggest you use the Fileplanet downloaded, as the blizzard one is total shit.

Enjoy., and anyone wanting a guild or a group of friends, join Horde, Test 6 server.
Alkiera
Terracotta Army

The best part of SWG was the easy account cancellation process.

Reply #1 on: November 08, 2004, 01:29:46 PM

Quote from: Morphiend
you can sign up on fileplanet, or probably the main wow site, but it is so slow I cannot access the site.

Anyway, I would suggest you use the Fileplanet downloaded, as the blizzard one is total shit.

Enjoy., and anyone wanting a guild or a group of friends, join Horde, Test 6 server.

Heh.  Must have just opened, I was on their site very recently, and yeah, it's hosed now.  Fileplanet is kinda hosed too.

Alkiera

"[I could] become the world's preeminent MMO class action attorney.  I could be the lawyer EVEN AMBULANCE CHASERS LAUGH AT. " --Triforcer

Welcome to the internet. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used as evidence against you in a character assassination on Slashdot.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #2 on: November 08, 2004, 01:31:24 PM

Yeah, both are laying eggs. The wife just got in.

Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: November 08, 2004, 01:54:26 PM

This explains why I am not able to acces this goddam site for about an hour.

I do not think this will change soon. Damm, I really wanted to now if there were any news on the clusterfuck of US-Versions + Gametimecodes which will be avaible in germany shortly after the US-Release.

Anyone  who could enlighten me how exactly Blizzard will keep me from playing on Us-Servers/participating in the open Beta ?

Do they check the "Billing"Adress for Open Beta ? Scan where I am located ?
Do they do it during registration or when I want to connect to the Game Server ?

Oh,  because I am still bored ? Anyone who managed to register 2 times ? Because I would find such a key handy, if only for the purpose of finding out where exactly I will get blocked after release ?

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #4 on: November 08, 2004, 02:02:46 PM

Right now it looks like you'd be lucky to register one time. The site has laid more eggs than a fucking chicken factory.

Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: November 08, 2004, 02:04:45 PM

Not sure if I understood the "egg" reference, but I noticed that fileplanet too is a bit busy

*smashes his head against the keyboard because there is nothing else to do*

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #6 on: November 08, 2004, 02:11:02 PM

Laying an egg... i.e. sucking the big one. Rolling over tits up. Kaputsky. Pusing up daises.

SERVER NO WORKIE. HIRE MORE AZNS.

sinij
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: November 08, 2004, 02:20:44 PM

Quote from: HaemishM
SERVER NO WORKIE. HIRE MORE AZNS.

On how many AZNS does f13 runs?

Eternity is a very long time, especially towards the end.
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: November 08, 2004, 02:22:56 PM

Quote from: HaemishM

SERVER NO WORKIE.

If you had spoken german from the begining, I would have understood you earlier.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #9 on: November 08, 2004, 02:56:09 PM

Make like a tree and leave ...

Yes, we need to work on your slang, meine freund...
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Skinny-dippin' in a sea of Lee, I'd propose on bended knee...

Reply #10 on: November 08, 2004, 02:56:28 PM

Fileplanet signups are closed.
sidereal
Contributor

Reply #11 on: November 08, 2004, 03:01:42 PM

Fileplanet destroyed.  Total victory

THIS IS THE MOST I HAVE EVERY WANTED TO GET IN TO A BETA
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: November 08, 2004, 03:04:11 PM

All your beta key's belong to us ...

sinij
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: November 08, 2004, 03:07:21 PM

Quote from: sidereal

I bet they made more money during these few hours than they make in a year. Still if Blizzard's servers can't handle downloads why do they think they can handle people playing? I remember B.net Diablo2 was lagy as hell first few months, WoW probably will suffer the same fate.

Alkiera
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: November 08, 2004, 03:07:24 PM

Quote from: Shockeye
Fileplanet signups are closed.

How?  No one could get thru... I was hitting refresh repeatedly.  Their server was hosed.

Alkiera

"[I could] become the world's preeminent MMO class action attorney.  I could be the lawyer EVEN AMBULANCE CHASERS LAUGH AT. " --Triforcer

Welcome to the internet. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used as evidence against you in a character assassination on Slashdot.
sinij
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: November 08, 2004, 03:09:25 PM

www.worldofwarcraft.com destroyed as well.

Jamiko
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: November 08, 2004, 03:09:41 PM

Quote from: sinij
I bet they made more money during these few hours than they make in a year. Still if Blizzard's servers can't handle downloads why do they think they can handle people playing? I remember B.net Diablo2 was lagy as hell first few months, WoW probably will suffer the same fate.

You did not need to join fileplanet to get an open beta key. It was free.
personman
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: November 08, 2004, 03:13:21 PM

Their admins are eating their own toes right about now - I love the mispelling... Pos Is Ble.  Who is Pos and what does it mean that he's ble?

Due to extremely heavy traffic this site is currently unavailable. We are working feverishly to handle the traffic load and will be doing everything in our power to provide you access as soon as posisble. Please check back soon. Thanks so much for your patience.
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: November 08, 2004, 03:13:56 PM

www.worldofwarcraft.com destroyed as well.

Destroyed as in, no beta keys left, or as in no fucking way to get in because 200 zillion Bnet-Freaks are trying to refresh the page ?

personman
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: November 08, 2004, 03:14:14 PM

Quote from: Jamiko

How? When I checked a few days ago it was looping me - click here to get key, please enter key to continue...
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: November 08, 2004, 03:19:25 PM

You needed a gamespy ID, but not to subsribe (aka pay)

sidereal
Contributor

Reply #21 on: November 08, 2004, 03:20:44 PM

Quote from: personman
How? When I checked a few days ago it was looping me

Today is not a few days ago.  It just opened up today.  In theory, anyway.  In practice, not so much.  

Also curious is the 'open beta keys are first come, first served' verbiage.  Perhaps the open beta is not so open as you'd think.

What's the over/under on a DAoC-style launch vs AO-style launch?

Alkiera
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: November 08, 2004, 03:26:35 PM

www.worldofwarcraft.com responds now with a static page:
The World of Warcraft and Open Beta Account Creation sites are temporarily down. We are experiencing technical difficulties on our end and are working diligently to restore service to this site. We apologize for any inconvenience this is causing you. We do not currently have an estimated time for when the World of Warcraft Web site will be back up, but we are working extremely hard to solve these technical difficulties as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.

Please note that until the World of Warcraft Web site has been restored, any further World of Warcraft updates will be posted on our Battle.net Web site.

Note, the top article on Battle.Net is "We've closed our WoW forums in anticpation of open beta, please go to http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/forums/".  Riiiight.  Way to think ahead.

Alkiera

sinij
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: November 08, 2004, 03:33:16 PM

Hopefully Blizzard will learn from this and this clusterfuck won't repeat day 1 of live.

Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: November 08, 2004, 03:39:15 PM

They dont seem to have learned from the mess that was D2 opening day so why would the learn now?
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: November 08, 2004, 03:54:16 PM

Meh, I was hopeing to check out the open beta.  Should have known I would have to spawn camp and fight off kill stealers.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Jamiko
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: November 08, 2004, 04:05:04 PM

Quote from: personman
Quote from: Jamiko

How? When I checked a few days ago it was looping me - click here to get key, please enter key to continue...

A few days ago, was the stress test which you did need to pay for. This is open beta today, which is free.

There will be more open beta keys, watch www.worldofwarcraft.com if you are still looking for one.
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: November 08, 2004, 04:19:57 PM

Hopefully Blizzard will learn from this and this clusterfuck won't repeat day 1 of live.

Well, it depends on whether they offer the game for download on day 1.  Theoretically, the majority of the playerbase will get the 2GB off the DVD/CD's and not via download.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: November 08, 2004, 04:31:20 PM

Quote from: Murgos
Meh, I was hopeing to check out the open beta.  Should have known I would have to spawn camp and fight off kill stealers.

Got a key.  Yay, fileplanets fucked upedness.  There is a link over at Corp for those of you who are interested in trying your luck.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Jambe

Email
Reply #29 on: November 08, 2004, 04:41:02 PM

They might be gone already, but I got a fileplanet beta key at 715 eastern.   Hopefully some of you still looking get one too. good luck.

Jambe

*edit* Talking on phone while posting is bad, mmmkay?
bhodikhan
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: November 08, 2004, 04:54:06 PM

Just looked. Fileplanet indicates that they are all gone. Expect another batch once Blizzard gets back on their feet (or the server fires are extinguished).

Probably tomorrow. With all the rabid b.net kiddies be prepared to check early and check often. F5 is your friend.
Jamiko
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: November 08, 2004, 04:56:06 PM

Quote from: bhodikhan
Just looked. Fileplanet indicates that they are all gone.

It did that before too, and then it started working again. Not sure if they found some more keys or if it was a mistake.
sidereal
Contributor

Reply #32 on: November 08, 2004, 05:00:45 PM

Blizzard/Fileplanet should embrace the torrent.  I cannot even imagine the peak throughput they get trying to deliver a 2gig file to a hundred thousand catasses simultaneously.

Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: November 08, 2004, 05:06:38 PM

They must have a hell of a pipe because there are at least 500 dl's going and I'm pulling 240KB/s (note capital B).

Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: November 08, 2004, 05:33:47 PM

I got a key and was waiting in line with the fileplanet downloader but it aborted with a network error and now every server I try to connect to gives me a network error instantly when I try to connect. Are others having that problem?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: WoW Open Beta Started  
Jump to: