Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 10:37:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Weird 360 problem 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Weird 360 problem  (Read 3544 times)
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

on: March 19, 2008, 09:50:45 AM

My favorite sort of problem, too: the kind that goes away once the Indian (Penelope, har har) gets on the phone.

The problem is that the screen will start displaying solid colors, switching colors ever few seconds and sometimes just switching off the video.  It's not my receiver or TV.  The 360 isn't frozen; I can hear the sounds of me doing things in game and when I pull up the Dashboard.  Also the picture has returned to normal after several minutes... so far.  Penelope wants me to try another cable, but when is it ever the cable if I'm a good boy and don't ever move my console or its cables?  I'll play for another ten or fifteen minutes before the screen fucks up again, which is really breaking the mood.

I'm partly complaining but also farming for info, since I seem to have a rare or difficult problem that isn't in the stock list of errors.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #1 on: March 19, 2008, 12:42:58 PM

swamp poop
 ACK!
 swamp poop
 this guy looks legit
 Cthulu

I'm looking for a Falcon.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #2 on: March 19, 2008, 01:21:05 PM

We need some kind of melted or exploding 360 emoticon for these posts....

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #3 on: March 20, 2008, 09:05:04 AM

How about just the red ring of death?
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #4 on: March 20, 2008, 10:44:03 AM

This is silly.  I don't have time for making icons.  I'm looking for a Falcon and a foolproof data transfer tool.  Word is that not all saves are transferable, as per the original Xbox.  Retarded.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #5 on: March 20, 2008, 06:47:21 PM

Damn.  Going to have to buy a torx set.  I seem to have several T-10 and T-15, but I need a T-6.  Stupid J. Allard.

Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #6 on: March 21, 2008, 05:35:29 AM

Where do you need a t-6 for? I took my entire 360 apart with a t-10.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #7 on: March 21, 2008, 03:02:54 PM

The four screws in the hard drive case are T-6.

Edit for more clarity.  I am going to backup the 360 hard drive to my PC because when I send it off to Target (extended warranty) I expect it to not return.  In fact, I'm hoping it won't return since I want a Falcon.  I haven't started looking for one yet, but time is my friend in this case.  I hope I don't have to get one of those fugly Master Chief ones.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2008, 03:33:42 PM by Yegolev »

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #8 on: March 25, 2008, 04:48:36 AM

You guys might be interested to know that Xplorer360 does not seem to be able to properly read a 120GB Elite disk.  If there's a newer version than 0.9b, I don't know about it.  I'll be filling out the form for a free transfer kit today.  You need a serial from a 20GBish 360 and a serial from a 120GBish one to get your kit; I thought I had to buy the 120GB disk upgrade to get one.

Also, I did get a Falcon Elite, I believe.  The unit was a new delivery since the Target didn't have any 360 when I looked three weeks ago, and the power supply is rated at 175W instead of 203W.

schild
Administrator

Reply #9 on: March 25, 2008, 12:09:02 PM

The person with the highest gamerscore is abou tto have a "weird 360 problem."

Gamerscore reset to 0 for cheating.

Sucker.

Hilarity is bound to ensue.

http://live.xbox.com/en-US/profile/profile.aspx?pp=0&GamerTag=StripClubDj
sigil
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: May 12, 2008, 02:23:44 PM

Bit of a Necro here, but I need some advice.

I've got a friend who has a 360. She's running Call of Cthulhu in compatibility mode.  The game consistently locks at the exact same place transitioning from a canned cinematic to live action. two discs, same error exactly.  The 360 shows no other sign of issues. I never personally played the game so I've no idea if it's a bug filled piece of shit or what.

What's the most likely issue I'm dealing with here?
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #11 on: May 13, 2008, 02:37:56 PM

I didn't have that same game lock up, and I played it on the old busted 360.  I'd blame the console.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Weird 360 problem  
Jump to: