Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 05:43:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: The West (as of 3/09, Bat Country will be on World 8) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 106 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The West (as of 3/09, Bat Country will be on World 8)  (Read 809178 times)
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #2625 on: June 24, 2009, 08:52:04 AM

Not saying you should care.

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
Musashi
Terracotta Army

Reply #2626 on: June 24, 2009, 08:53:34 AM

Yea, I've had multiple posts removed and two bs warnings for trivial shit.  Basically, they don't want any trolling, and will use any 'forum rule' they can dig up as an excuse.

AKA Gyoza
schild
Administrator

Reply #2627 on: June 24, 2009, 08:54:38 AM

Oh, I know they suck. I was in that other thread where they removed almost every post, remember?  Ohhhhh, I see.
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #2628 on: June 24, 2009, 09:05:30 AM

I missed that part of the thread.

Stupid thing is they turn most threads into discussions about what everybody had for breakfast and this is ok apparently.

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #2629 on: June 24, 2009, 10:45:57 AM

Ahem.

Apparently, because I'm *the* founder now, I am getting emails about people attacking FoM.

Do you all want me handling the diplomacy? Shit might get heavy.

Love Letters

Definitely.
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #2630 on: June 24, 2009, 10:49:27 AM

We're doing just fine, I have huge stockpiles, and I'll run my shit down to zero every 48 hours on the major resources. I'm sure our other builders will too.

I haven't sold much of anything except duplicates of clothes and weapons since about level 15, so yes, I have a lot of stock waiting for forts.
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #2631 on: June 24, 2009, 10:50:20 AM

Oh, I know they suck. I was in that other thread where they removed almost every post, remember?  Ohhhhh, I see.

I've started wondering where the devs play, given the rather ... sporatic nature of the moderation on threads.
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #2632 on: June 24, 2009, 11:05:25 AM

The devs are in Germany or something aren't they? If that's the case I'd be very surprised if they played on the English language servers at all.
Righ
Terracotta Army

Teaching the world Google-fu one broken dream at a time.

Reply #2633 on: June 24, 2009, 03:53:03 PM

Do you all want me handling the diplomacy? Shit might get heavy.

As far as I'm concerned, we have been in a war with -FoM- for weeks, only it is a war where the rules are that they get to attack us with impunity and we're not supposed to attack back or they'll attack us. Or something. That, coupled with the attacks made by 'visitors' to the Coppers basically means that they've got free reign to KO our workers without consequences. They can't knock us out more than once every 48 hours so it makes no difference whether two towns and all their pals (who are allegedly rogue agents acting without the blessing of FoM) are attacking us or whether all 40 towns are encouraged to attack us. Except that we get more choices of places to claim XP ourselves.

I say fuck all diplomacy. These are not people who can be trusted to keep any promises. Declare war.

The camera adds a thousand barrels. - Steven Colbert
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #2634 on: June 24, 2009, 04:19:27 PM

I say fuck all diplomacy. These are not people who can be trusted to keep any promises. Declare war.

I agree.  No point in being diplomatic.  They will just continue to attack anyway. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
gryeyes
Terracotta Army

Reply #2635 on: June 24, 2009, 04:30:59 PM

Was there a time when we were supposed to stop attacking?
Musashi
Terracotta Army

Reply #2636 on: June 24, 2009, 04:37:31 PM

Dear Schild,

Please formally declare war in a fashion suitable for lulz.

Love,

Everyone

AKA Gyoza
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #2637 on: June 24, 2009, 04:43:37 PM

I've got no problems with declaring war on them but I hope it doesn't mean we're going to lighten up on the Coppers. Will anyone even notice we're attacking if our efforts are spread over more towns?
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #2638 on: June 24, 2009, 04:46:47 PM

I've got no problems with declaring war on them but I hope it doesn't mean we're going to lighten up on the Coppers. Will anyone even notice we're attacking if our efforts are spread over more towns?

This would be my main concern as well.  Although it would be kinda lulzy if we got them to declare war on us and then we just ignored them to continue hammering the Coppers.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #2639 on: June 24, 2009, 06:26:21 PM

I get the feeling the moderators are English speaking fanboys. They more or less have a "moderator town" on beta. Meanwhile the actual developers are German and don't actually read the English boards at all. End result being an excessively moderated back-water.

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #2640 on: June 24, 2009, 06:47:04 PM

Ummm, why are we discussing strat. in an unprotected forum?

<delete this post if it is contrary to some overarching subterfuge I'm unaware of>   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #2641 on: June 24, 2009, 06:51:34 PM

Because A) most of them are illiterate anyway and B) nothing we're planning is any less effective if they know about it.

If they want to freak out about secrecy when they post all their SUPER SEKRIT INFOZ on forums that any idiot with a shopping pass can read, good for them.  We're hopefully cleverer than that.   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #2642 on: June 24, 2009, 06:52:08 PM

Ummm, why are we discussing strat. in an unprotected forum?

<delete this post if it is contrary to some overarching subterfuge I'm unaware of>   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

More fun this way.
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #2643 on: June 24, 2009, 06:53:06 PM

You fall off a canoe and catch a cold. You lose 153 health points.
schild
Administrator

Reply #2644 on: June 24, 2009, 06:55:35 PM

This would be my main concern as well.  Although it would be kinda lulzy if we got them to declare war on us and then we just ignored them to continue hammering the Coppers.
What on Earth would make you think I wouldn't just label the whole server as fair game? DRILLING AND MANLINESS
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #2645 on: June 24, 2009, 06:57:50 PM

What on Earth would make you think I wouldn't just label the whole server as fair game? DRILLING AND MANLINESS
See, that's the problem.  Then there are fewer tears because we're not hitting anyone hard enough to generate them.  Fewer tears yields fewer lulz.

Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #2646 on: June 24, 2009, 07:02:54 PM

Yea really. Most of the fun from this war on the Coppers is how much more it upsets them being constantly attacked and KO'd than it does us. All attacking other towns does is spread us too thin and confirm that we're the "bad guys" that the Coppers have been claiming we are.

I agree with Samwise. I think it'd be pretty funny if we got all of FoM to declare war on us and just completely ignored them in favour of continued attacks on the Coppers.  Though I must admit, if anyone has a chance to take out KittenKisser and Krusty the Kat I'd be grateful.
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #2647 on: June 24, 2009, 07:12:46 PM

I have to say the forums though absolutely horrible, have been particularly juicy of late I've gotten some real lol's

Funny thread is funny link fyi this is the mastermind behind the fake attack on us.

Also Gyoza's threads even funnier if you haven't already seen it.

Musashi
Terracotta Army

Reply #2648 on: June 24, 2009, 08:26:10 PM

Why does declaring war on the whole server make us the bad guy, when half the server (FoM) is gonna dec us anytime now anyway.  Preemptive strike I say. 

And we can't really spread ourselves that thin.  It takes one guy to hotel camp and basically knock out an unsuspecting town.  And believe me, all the FoM towns are unsuspecting.  Even if they are suspecting, they're still retarded. We've been crying for more targets for at least a month. 

I say we just make anyone with an FoM tag fair game.

AKA Gyoza
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #2649 on: June 24, 2009, 08:40:19 PM

A town full Level 30+ builders with bank level 1 are fairest game I've ever seen.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #2650 on: June 24, 2009, 09:09:37 PM

Why does declaring war on the whole server make us the bad guy, when half the server (FoM) is gonna dec us anytime now anyway.   

I get the feeling that this PvP game is filled with people that aren't used to real PvP.  I think we're doing them a favor by giving them an education in PvP. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #2651 on: June 24, 2009, 09:21:01 PM

Why does declaring war on the whole server make us the bad guy, when half the server (FoM) is gonna dec us anytime now anyway.   

I get the feeling that this PvP game is filled with people that aren't used to real PvP.  I think we're doing them a favor by giving them an education in PvP. 

We wardec for great altruism!  I like it.

Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #2652 on: June 24, 2009, 10:09:20 PM

Schild, if you do not want the job I will take it, unless Lore wishes to take the helm.  I can tell you that we will not back down.  No, our war will not be server wide.  Playing politics can be fun!  Just let me know how we go.  I already have comms with a few towns about the situation.
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #2653 on: June 25, 2009, 01:09:18 AM

...unless Lore wishes to take the helm. 
What Huh  ACK!

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
schild
Administrator

Reply #2654 on: June 25, 2009, 05:16:55 AM

Schild, if you do not want the job I will take it, unless Lore wishes to take the helm.  I can tell you that we will not back down.  No, our war will not be server wide.  Playing politics can be fun!  Just let me know how we go.  I already have comms with a few towns about the situation.

First of all, there's no point to have comms in this game when the only thing anyone can gain from alliancing up with someone else is access to their town for trading. It's fruitless and just leaves us with less targets from which we can benefit getting all stabby mcstab stab with.

Second, of course I won't wardec the whole server. That's just silly. Though, effectively, a wardec on FoM is a wardec on the server since they make up all of the biggest towns. As for copper, meh, they're so terrible at the game that I don't even feel the need to communicate with them, that'd be too close to RP. But there's absolutely no reason to quit killing them.
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #2655 on: June 25, 2009, 06:04:28 AM

Funny thread is funny link fyi this is the mastermind behind the fake attack on us.

The mod who closed that thread seems to be into anthropic smurf something... The world gets weirder.

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #2656 on: June 25, 2009, 06:10:42 AM

If you go by the incredibly stupid names people in this game have chosen you'd think it was dominated by pedophiles, Piers Anthony fans, and furries.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #2657 on: June 25, 2009, 06:19:50 AM

If you go by the incredibly stupid names people in this game have chosen you'd think it was dominated by pedophiles, Piers Anthony fans, and furries.

My toon is named "Grayhair".  Does that make me a  this guy looks legit ?

-  Mark Twain
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #2658 on: June 25, 2009, 06:50:20 AM

Hah no I was referring to names I've seen from the FoM guys and Coppers. DirtyBirdy, HeftySmurf, Dusty the Cat, KittenKisser and loads more equally moronic sounding.
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #2659 on: June 25, 2009, 06:52:42 AM

My favourite is ChinkiWithBoobs.

Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 106 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: The West (as of 3/09, Bat Country will be on World 8)  
Jump to: