Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 12:46:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: The West (as of 3/09, Bat Country will be on World 8) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 106 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The West (as of 3/09, Bat Country will be on World 8)  (Read 809102 times)
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #2100 on: May 05, 2009, 05:27:26 AM

What's with the Coppers?  Spent all day yesterday trying to get KO'd.  One guy dueled me a little.  There aren't even any Coppers in our town at all.

I even went up to their town to try to get knocked out but ran out of energy.

I feel spurned.  There's someone else they're lavishing their attention on, I know it.

Is it over between us?   Heartbreak
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #2101 on: May 05, 2009, 05:32:11 AM

I suspect they are rallying their large alliance against us.

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #2102 on: May 05, 2009, 06:32:00 AM

Hah like it's going to make any difference if they do. As long as we concentrate our attacks strictly on Coppers and ignore anyone else in their alliance they get no benefit from it.
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #2103 on: May 05, 2009, 11:26:13 AM

2 of them are back.  awesome, for real

Also some people belonging to other towns.  awesome, for real

Heart

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #2104 on: May 05, 2009, 01:38:43 PM

Your town is being suppressed by the Federation of Marshals because of your continual vicious 'farming' of unarmed workers. MUGGING WORKERS WILL NO LONGER BE TOLERATED IN ANY FEDERATION OF MARSHAL COUNTY.
By Order,
The Federation of Marshals

awesome, for real awesome, for real awesome, for real this guy looks legit awesome, for real

(edit) This was from Geronimo Jones, a Copper.  I replied thanking him for his lawkeeping efforts and told him that there's this town 1 county north of us called Copper Creek that they should lay the smack down on.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 01:47:58 PM by Samwise »

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #2105 on: May 05, 2009, 01:59:03 PM

What's the difference between being "suppressed" and business as usual?
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #2106 on: May 05, 2009, 01:59:42 PM

It's SERIOUS BUSINESS.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Righ
Terracotta Army

Teaching the world Google-fu one broken dream at a time.

Reply #2107 on: May 05, 2009, 02:03:05 PM

Doesn't make any difference to us if the Coppers farm duels on our workers or a large alliance does. It just demonstrates that the rest of the alliance shares the hypocrisy of farming workers first, stating that they do not and claiming to be retaliating for transgressions supposedly made against them. I wouldn't want to befriend people who operate based on that sort of crass stupidity anyhow - there's so much poison among them that they'll be feuding each other soon enough. We'll take out beatings and keep on giving back in kind. Their pick-up town populations will fragment faster than we will.

Ask the "marshals" why they tolerate their own townsfolk mugging workers, which started well before our reprisals did.

pi-man does not have an aim/shooting build. He has a pure dexterity/fine motor skills build. His aim and shooting skills are the value of his level plus his equipped item bonus. Because he sit atop the fine motor skill ranking table, it is easy to calculate his dueling stats. :P

The camera adds a thousand barrels. - Steven Colbert
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #2108 on: May 05, 2009, 02:07:57 PM

That's right. The whole reason for this vendetta is that the Coppers violated ceasefire after ceasefire either because of lack of internal communications skills or simply because they're lying assholes.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #2109 on: May 05, 2009, 02:09:42 PM

I think it's both, personally -- they're assholes who lied about having internal communication.   why so serious?

LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #2110 on: May 05, 2009, 02:19:07 PM

Well they've moved beyond arrogant threats to arrogant decrees, I guess.

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
gryeyes
Terracotta Army

Reply #2111 on: May 05, 2009, 02:19:59 PM

Do not forget arrogant begging.
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #2112 on: May 05, 2009, 02:20:49 PM

Geronimo Jones     Today at 11:25 PM

I tried to send this message to your boy Spamwise. He talks just like he fights, like a COWARD! He blocked my messages just like he hides under his bed when anyone tries to duel him. But he is really brave when it comes to attacking builders. Read it and make sure you understand it.

"Hey dude we are just giving back what your mayor started. We let you guys off the hook to let things settle down and possibly move on but you continue to attack our workers. And you can't claim ignorance. The reason I ko'd you is because of your attacks on our builders. If you want us to go away then you had better get the message to your townfolk that unethical play will not be tolerated. And as long as you assault our builders we will return the favor. The towns of the federation will have their duelers camp out in your town until you do. This is not a threat it is a promise. So if you have any chance of talking sense into Lorekeep, I would suggest you do so."

Lorekeep     Today at 11:52 PM

You're a good role-player. Have you looked into any local LARP groups? I'm sure they'd love to have you.

What the hell is unethical play? Shit.

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #2113 on: May 05, 2009, 02:26:53 PM

Isn't Jumping Joan Collins their spokes-thing anymore?
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #2114 on: May 05, 2009, 02:30:50 PM

Geronimo Jones     On 5/5/09 at 11:57 PM

Do you have a natural aversion to speaking on topic? Or is it even possible to have a reasonable conversation with you?

Lorekeep     Today at 12:02 AM

You want me to take this game seriously?

Ok, one sec.

Sorry, I couldn't muster the nerd rage.

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #2115 on: May 05, 2009, 02:47:32 PM

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Aez
Terracotta Army

Reply #2116 on: May 05, 2009, 02:47:37 PM

How about an other ceasefire.  swamp poop

It's clear, THEY started it.  Ohhhhh, I see.
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #2117 on: May 05, 2009, 02:48:22 PM

Geronimo Jones     Today at 12:16 AM

Well then why don't you go do whatever it is that thirteen year old girls do to amuse themselves these days and stop playing around on the internet.

Beating a Dead Horse

Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #2118 on: May 05, 2009, 02:49:04 PM

unethical play
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #2119 on: May 05, 2009, 02:49:30 PM

pi-man does not have an aim/shooting build. He has a pure dexterity/fine motor skills build. His aim and shooting skills are the value of his level plus his equipped item bonus. Because he sit atop the fine motor skill ranking table, it is easy to calculate his dueling stats. :P
His bio states that he respecced/ is respeccing. It might be a lie, but he DOES hit hard.  awesome, for real

Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #2120 on: May 05, 2009, 02:52:45 PM

I noticed that the other day.  Anytime they want to get their panties in a bunch about having their workers shived, they can fondly look back on what started the whole thing.  They agreed to a treaty with no intention of upholding it. 

I hope FOM likes having liars and backstabbers in their little sorority. 
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #2121 on: May 05, 2009, 02:54:01 PM

They're taking entirely too long to KO me.  I've been vulnerable for two whole days, even moseyed up to their town to try to duel them, but they were mostly all asleep.  Talk about cowards!  Sleeping cowards!

I feel so  unproductive while I wait for them to KO me.  Maybe I should taunt them.

They all hit like little girls with pigtails wearing pinafores!

As a member of Bat Country, I'm enjoying myself immensely.
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #2122 on: May 05, 2009, 02:54:32 PM

Can we get a spy back in there? 
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #2123 on: May 05, 2009, 02:55:20 PM

Maybe it's time to head over to the West forums and publically humiliate them again.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #2124 on: May 05, 2009, 02:59:22 PM

Maybe it's time to head over to the West forums and publically humiliate them again.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS
It is more fun if they start this themselves. smiley

schild
Administrator

Reply #2125 on: May 05, 2009, 03:25:33 PM

Geronimo Jones     Today at 12:16 AM

Well then why don't you go do whatever it is that thirteen year old girls do to amuse themselves these days and stop playing around on the internet.

Study for their Bat Mitzvah?
Righ
Terracotta Army

Teaching the world Google-fu one broken dream at a time.

Reply #2126 on: May 05, 2009, 06:14:52 PM

Their whole town seems to have a fixation on young children. It's disturbing.

pi-man:

Click on ranking, select fine motor skills. He's number three with 136. He's wearing 23 points. The rest is from 32 dexterity and 81 fine motor skills. He's therefore spent 15 points elsewhere since hitting grave robber.

That's the downside to being in the top 15 for some skill.

The camera adds a thousand barrels. - Steven Colbert
sidereal
Contributor

Reply #2127 on: May 05, 2009, 07:16:54 PM

Help help I'm being suppressed!
Come see the violence inherent in the west!

THIS IS THE MOST I HAVE EVERY WANTED TO GET IN TO A BETA
schild
Administrator

Reply #2128 on: May 05, 2009, 07:45:38 PM

So, I just unlocked "Guarding the Fort" and decided "hey fuckit, I'll do the union flag quest."

Got it in my first 2 hours.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #2129 on: May 05, 2009, 09:48:16 PM

Fuck you.   awesome, for real

schild
Administrator

Reply #2130 on: May 05, 2009, 10:06:20 PM

schild wins the duel, gains 41 experience points and steals $70 from kuku3.

Don't attack the builder!
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #2131 on: May 06, 2009, 06:08:29 AM

We're starting to get to the end game development of our town. After that people can start focusing money on buying equipment. We don't need new residences and after the next bank slot we should have a good amount of safety on cash earned. Hotel is almost maxed.

DirtyBirdy
Terracotta Army

Reply #2132 on: May 06, 2009, 06:56:17 AM

I suspect they are rallying their large alliance against us.

You suspect wrong.  We are busy fighting larger town's in the western part of the world.

Their whole town seems to have a fixation on young children. It's disturbing.

pi-man:

Click on ranking, select fine motor skills. He's number three with 136. He's wearing 23 points. The rest is from 32 dexterity and 81 fine motor skills. He's therefore spent 15 points elsewhere since hitting grave robber.

That's the downside to being in the top 15 for some skill.

Give it a rest.

I don't remember you humiliating anyone.

Do not forget arrogant begging.

Are you high?  There was never any begging.

We're starting to get to the end game development of our town. After that people can start focusing money on buying equipment. We don't need new residences and after the next bank slot we should have a good amount of safety on cash earned. Hotel is almost maxed.

End game for your town?  You haven't even finished half of it yet.  Copper Springs on the other hand has finished our tailor, general store, and town hall, the final residence upgrade will be finished shortly, then the gunsmith will be finished within a week....42,800 I would think within 2 weeks.  You will be finished your town in about 6 weeks, good job.

I think it's both, personally -- they're assholes who lied about having internal communication.   why so serious?

You are right, we are assholes.  You are the best.  You win. 

I suggest that everyone who does some duelling upgrade their weapons ASAP.

If you look at the mortician stats, I just did 770 points of damage in a duel (against a builder, all headshots) and I also have the lead on the highest damage on a single hit 140.

PI-Man still did more damage with that special gun and his semipure Aim/Shooting build. 192 (to me, I nonetheless knocked him out yesterday, because my gun has less spread damagewise)

Glad to see you boasting about knocking out a builder...seems to be par for the course in Bat Country.  Your members should be focusing more on donating to the treasury then purchasing high priced items, in my opinion.

On a personal note:

I would focus on completing your town and less on continuing a 'war' you can't win.  Thanks for the chuckles, it's been a blast catching up with y'all.

I am here for a good time, not a long time.  So have a good time, the sun can't shine everyday.  - Trooper
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #2133 on: May 06, 2009, 06:58:51 AM

You seem to forget, all of your attackers have attacked me to the point of a KO. They target me constantly. This was going on before this "war" started. I'm a builder. Congratz.

Not complaining, just saying, your a bunch of hypocrites.

Would you like me to post a screen shot of the log?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 07:00:42 AM by Mrbloodworth »

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #2134 on: May 06, 2009, 07:01:08 AM

They don't care that they started it, that they are hypocrites, or that if they had showed some semblance of patience, intelligence, and good communication skills we'd have avoided all this headache. Instead they like being internet tough guys. Also, passive aggressive posting.

Also, the peanut gallery comments are kinda stupid.

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 106 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: The West (as of 3/09, Bat Country will be on World 8)  
Jump to: