Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 12:57:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Space Dandy 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Space Dandy  (Read 1352 times)
Viin
Terracotta Army

on: January 28, 2014, 07:59:10 PM

Is anyone else watching this on Cartoon Network? Caught the first two episodes and not sure what to make of it ..

http://video.adultswim.com/space-dandy/

- Viin
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 09:16:53 PM

Watched the first 2 episodes but wasn't impressed enough to watch the third. While it looks ok and has some neat ideas it still felt like it lacked something I need in an anime to really enjoy it (something that for example Gintama had as a gag anime). I might still watch it someday if it turns out to become better than what the first episodes were (so much so that I hear about it).
RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: January 29, 2014, 08:06:36 AM

I'm recording it weekly but haven't watched episodes 3 and 4yet.  I like that it's basically just episodic comedy with no apparent long storyline.  Sometimes, that's all you need, at least for me.

I wish they'd dub Gintama though.  I love me some Gintoki!

Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: February 09, 2014, 08:03:01 PM

Episodes 3 (zombies) and 4 (some actual character building) were pretty good, 5 is eh.

- Viin
RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: February 10, 2014, 11:45:29 AM

Still really liking this because the randomness is just hilarious, IMO.  Space surfing in his undies was  DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS and I thought the animation is damn good.  Liked the episode with the kid Adelie because they made act like a real kid, not some sure horny midget or an obnoxious brat or anything trope-like; just a kid.

Plus, penguin!Dandy.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Space Dandy  
Jump to: