Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 07:21:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Steam  |  Topic: Should I buy Orange Box? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Poll
Question: Should Soukyan buy the Orange Box?  (Voting closed: December 16, 2007, 02:40:47 PM)
HELL YES!!! - 20 (71.4%)
No, Soukyan doesn't like fun. - 8 (28.6%)
Total Voters: 28

Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Should I buy Orange Box?  (Read 6691 times)
Soukyan
Terracotta Army

on: December 09, 2007, 09:26:35 AM

I can't start polls so, yes/no?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2007, 10:01:13 AM by Trippy »

"Life is no cabaret... we're inviting you anyway." ~Amanda Palmer
"Tree, awesome, numa numa, love triangle, internal combustion engine, mountain, walk, whiskey, peace, pascagoula" ~Lantyssa
"Les vrais paradis sont les paradis qu'on a perdus." ~Marcel Proust
SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: December 09, 2007, 10:02:45 AM

If you value superb gameplay in an astoundingly cost effective package, by all means.  Buy it now.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #2 on: December 09, 2007, 10:04:29 AM

Hmm...I need a better "No" option. Suggestions?
Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: December 09, 2007, 10:07:07 AM

Hmm...I need a better "No" option. Suggestions?

It made me laugh, but you could always do something like " No, we don't want you to enjoy the ecstasy that is TF2 on the f13 server."

"Tree, awesome, numa numa, love triangle, internal combustion engine, mountain, walk, whiskey, peace, pascagoula" ~Lantyssa
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #4 on: December 09, 2007, 10:24:21 AM

That's too TF2 specific as is mine, which is why I was soliciting suggestions.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #5 on: December 09, 2007, 11:19:57 AM

Its worth it for Portal alone, Peggle is a 2 hour fun thing and having a few single player FPS to fuck around in is nice if your into that.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #6 on: December 09, 2007, 11:32:17 AM

What Hoax said.  Even if you hate multiplayer FPS with a passion that prevents you from enjoying the awesomeness that is TF2, Portal and HL2Ep2 are worth the price of admission easily.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
geldonyetich2
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: December 09, 2007, 02:13:32 PM

It's a triple-threat of solid FPS gameplay.

Half Life 2: Episode 2 is every bit as solid as Episode 1 and includes the usual unparalleled cinematic experience.

Portal is a thoroughly unexpected pleasure.  Go into it expecting nothing more than a puzzle game with a portal gun and you won't leave disappointed.

Team Fortress 2 is, in my opinion, actually the least of the three just because it's essentially a cell shaded and mildly expanded version of the original Team Fortress.  The greatest appeal of the game is mostly in the attitude of the theme.

If you've got $50 to spare, you could do much worse than buying the Orange Box.

Yahtzee's review is (per usual) spot on.
schild
Administrator

Reply #8 on: December 09, 2007, 02:38:35 PM

How about "Doesn't like Fun."

It's the single best value for gaming since the advent of the FPS, Soukyan. You decide.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #9 on: December 09, 2007, 08:25:15 PM

Yeah, that's better.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #10 on: December 10, 2007, 11:45:42 PM

I'll keep it real simple:

YES.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
stu
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: December 11, 2007, 04:59:17 AM

Do you value sleep over superior gaming? If so, then ignore The Orange Box. It's goodness is viral. Last night I purchased Garry's Mod because of it.

Dear Diary,
Jackpot!
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #12 on: February 05, 2008, 12:55:40 AM

Being split for retail:

I can't imagine it being cheaper than the Orange Box already is though, if you're after a few of the games.

http://palgn.com.au/article.php?id=10247&title=Valve+set+to+split+the+Orange+Box+for+retail

Valve set to split the Orange Box for retail
Want a slice of orange?

If you were one of the handful of people that didn't succumb to creating a Steam account to get your hands on one of the biggest releases in 2007, you're in for a treat.

During a conference call to investors, Electronic Arts has revealed that they will be bringing Portal, Half-Life 2: Episode 2 and Team Fortress 2 as individual retail packages by March.

While there is no definitive answer on whether the games will arrive in Australia with their swanky new individual packaging, it'll be safe to say that we'll mostly likely get them not long after their overseas release.

Although one lingering question remains: will the individual packaging equate to Australian gamers saving a few dollars at the checkout?

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #13 on: February 06, 2008, 10:53:31 AM

Unless you can get a worthwhile discount by not getting the HL2 stuff who fucking cares.  Splitting TF2 and Portal up is like refusing to fuck a super hot girls twin at the same time...

It should not be done.  Please note, I would have posted hot almost naked twins, but I'm at work.  Dont let me down f13.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: February 07, 2008, 12:46:31 PM

Dont let me down f13.
I considered it, but only Signe would have approved.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #15 on: February 08, 2008, 12:35:47 AM

So.  Soukyan.  Did you ever end up buying it?
Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: February 08, 2008, 08:38:04 PM

So.  Soukyan.  Did you ever end up buying it?

Oh, yes, absolutely. Got it when it was on sale as a matter of fact. I think I must have posted about that in the sale thread. It was totally worth it.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Steam  |  Topic: Should I buy Orange Box?  
Jump to: