Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 04:50:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: 2007-08 EPL Thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2007-08 EPL Thread  (Read 152607 times)
sigil
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: August 24, 2007, 05:32:50 PM

Scouts honor, no spoilers here.

Hell make it like BigSoccer and have [R] in the supject ;)
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #36 on: August 25, 2007, 10:12:05 AM

Hope you all caught the morning game on FSC and are catching the afternoon game.  Great great stuff.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #37 on: August 25, 2007, 11:10:33 AM

Second half of the later game was indeed fantastic.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #38 on: August 27, 2007, 09:55:39 AM

I watched Liverpool lazily dominate Sunderland. It should have been a lot worse than 2-0, but the Reds floundered a bit without Gerrard.

Chelsea-Portsmouth wasn't quite as lazy, but neither side really put together much offense. Portsmouth needs to get Nugent in there more, and Benjani in there less.

Everton-Blackburn was a fun match, making me think Rovers are going to be much more important to the top half of the table than I thought they would be. McCarthy disappeared during the game, and Santa Cruz seems to be taking the lead. I think any hope of McCarthy repeating his goal-scoring form of last year with Cruz in there is a vain hope.

The ManU-Spurs match was fantastic. I swear Berbatov looks like he's about ready to shiv his midfield. They just can't get him any good service, something Darren Bent isn't going to help them with either. Was picking up a Nani too much for them? And it's a telling indictment of United's team that they barely managed one goal, and that from an absolutely brilliant strike from outside the box. Tevez is getting nothing into him without Ronaldo, and the team just isn't very threatening. Why can't Liverpool play them NOW?

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #39 on: August 27, 2007, 10:18:17 AM

Everton:  Seriously with Yakubu and Cahill playing for them I like them to comfortably pick up a UEFA spot.  They need to use Johnson differently though, he's a great spark plug but I really like him coming off the bench or being benched after 60 min.  He just doesn't have any real brilliance to his play.  Also Baines is going to have a great impact as anticipated by many pundits but I really don't trust their goalie, I can see why he didn't get that contract extension he wanted.

Blackburn:  Awesome uniforms, I'm putting on one order this week.  Also they played a great game.  Benni did get lost, although whenever he touched the ball he did something cutsey and his touches excepting 2 heavy ones were beautiful.  The problem was he just doesn't seem to know how to flow with the rest of the team.  If the manager is worth a damn he'll sort that out and if that happens watch out.  Blackburn should do some damage.  Sadly though I'm worried it will not get sorted out and Benni will have a wasted season not enjoying himself because he's not the type of force the game to come to him.

Arsenal:  LoL @ RVP, stupid Dutch fucker.  Cesc is the man though and that was a fun game to watch.  Honestly I'm a bit dissapointed in Arse.  Where the hell did Adebayor go?  Wasn't he starting?  I swear he was on the pitch for the first 15 and then he just went to the stands or something...

Their defense was messed up and I still can't really stand Hleb but I still think they play great football, too bad they didn't do much in the transfer market.

Man City:  I was immpressed, I've always hated city because baby blue is a fucking ugly color and they've always been such an ugly boring team last 2-3 years.  I'm still thinking they are a risk to fall apart but I wish them the best after watching them play.  Too bad Petrov isn't a little bit more skilled they should have gotten a 1-1 draw out of that game.

Man Utd:  We'll see how much Saha and Anderson help them, as long as they pick up 3 points they will be fine as Ronaldo returns after the Sunderland game and I've got a good feeling about that..

Chelsea:  At least Essien gets to play midfield again?  Seriously what a waste of talent this team is.  I wish they had loaned Sheva back to the Ukraine, woulda made the CL more interesting.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #40 on: August 27, 2007, 11:44:01 AM

but I really don't trust their goalie, I can see why he didn't get that contract extension he wanted.

You don't trust Tim Howard? You should, you really, really should. He was money last year, pretty much neck and neck with David James for best goalie in the EPL. If he had the back 4 of a Liverpool, he'd be even better. His problem in that game was from Yobo's inconsistency. Everton with Yakubu and a healthy Cahill will be the one to challenge Arsenal for 4th place, IMO.

Chelsea:  At least Essien gets to play midfield again?  Seriously what a waste of talent this team is.  I wish they had loaned Sheva back to the Ukraine, woulda made the CL more interesting.

QFT. They spend WAY too much money on offensive guys, and not nearly enough on defense. Their back 4 is suspect even with John Terry in there, even worse without him. If they didn't have such a strong offensive streak, they'd be hosed. I'm surprised they haven't transfered Schevchenko out, he's going to be wasted with Drogba and Pizarro healthy.

sigil
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: August 27, 2007, 11:59:53 AM

Howard is the man, and  will definitely  do even better with a more solid Everton back four.

Spurs get Fulham next, If they don't get a result there, it's going to get decidedly ugly.

Mr_PeaCH
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: August 27, 2007, 12:13:08 PM

Yeah, I thought Berbs was going to burst a vein there; I gather the ref had enough of him too and issued him a yellow at some point.   I thought Bale was magnificent; his first start, hope not his last.  And obviously this was a ManU team w/o Ronaldo and Rooney but I thought they Spurs) played really well for most of the game.  Woe be unto Fulham next week.

COME ON YOU SPURS!
Jobu
Terracotta Army

Lord Buttrot

Reply #43 on: August 27, 2007, 12:16:56 PM

The ManU-Spurs match was fantastic. I swear Berbatov looks like he's about ready to shiv his midfield. They just can't get him any good service, something Darren Bent isn't going to help them with either. Was picking up a Nani too much for them? And it's a telling indictment of United's team that they barely managed one goal, and that from an absolutely brilliant strike from outside the box. Tevez is getting nothing into him without Ronaldo, and the team just isn't very threatening. Why can't Liverpool play them NOW?

I literally fell asleep watching the middle of the game. I nodded off on the coach, because it was so dreadful. I woke up again about 60 minutes in and finally saw a good match.

Berbatov is bailing on Spurs next year definitely. Maybe even winter. Hopefully he'll even come to Old Trafford, I'd like that a lot.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #44 on: August 27, 2007, 12:40:53 PM

I forgot about Gareth Bale. Yes, this kid is golden. I watched him play for Southampton a few times last year, and you could tell he had the EPL quality. He's not much defensively, but damn does he have a great left foot and desire to get forward. Playing him in midfield was a great idea. I think Berbatov is going to get better, he just starts slow.

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #45 on: August 27, 2007, 03:20:38 PM

My bad about cracking on Tim Howard, I was thinking of the Fulham v Bolton game and Jaaskalinan for some reason, that guy is a pud.

Yeah Howard is a solid keeper dunno how I forgot when they were mentioning the two USA keepers fact every other minute until the game got going.  Oh, I know how I forgot its Monday and I'm tired as balls, fucking work...

Speaking of keepers, how fun was it when Man City's kid ran up and almost put the header end as the game ended?  He's fucking awesome, his dad was amazing too.  If you've never watched any history of football / world cup dvd sets you should.

Honestly I have no idea wtf you are talking about w/ Chelsea, we agree but for different reasons.  I think their defense is fine, esp if you factor in Essien as the greatest defense midfielder in football.  Terry is awesome in the middle (second only to Puyol in the world for my money), Carvalho is no slouch and Cashley Cole is pretty damn good when he's not being a bitch (read: almost never).

My issue with them is all the talent in midfield and attack that never results in good looking play.  Chelsea these days makes Liverpool seem exciting.  They get their goals through brute strength and overwhelming pressure.  Which is the type of play I can stand from top half England/German club sides but not a fucking roster with like 8 WC national team captains on it.

-William Gibson
sigil
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: August 28, 2007, 09:21:25 AM

A new challenger has been appeared on the Tottenham Jol deathwatch. Incidentally, it's the same name that's now appearing very strongly in the smoldering ashen crater that is  the LA Galaxy.

This man:

All sorts of wild crazy talk from LA. Dumping half the team, starting from scratch, removing of Lalas as well as Yallop (who used to be a decent coach)

Even trading Landon Donovan. Which suddenly makes all that talk from Landycakes wanting to head to England a lot more realistic. Maybe he could go to Fulham as well ;)

It's fun to troll the message boards and blogs of galaxy fans. Unlike Man U, who can calim with some realitisc conviction that they'll turn things around and  top the table when it's said and done, Galaxy fans can only choke on their own miserable fate. At least there's no relegation, or  we could have our American Leeds appearing right before our eyes.

A pity, that.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #47 on: August 28, 2007, 09:35:19 AM

Honestly I have no idea wtf you are talking about w/ Chelsea, we agree but for different reasons.  I think their defense is fine, esp if you factor in Essien as the greatest defense midfielder in football.  Terry is awesome in the middle (second only to Puyol in the world for my money), Carvalho is no slouch and Cashley Cole is pretty damn good when he's not being a bitch (read: almost never).

Essien's a GREAT midfield player. He's just not a great back, and too often Mourinho puts him in the back when one of his fullbacks or centre halfs sprains a vagina. Which happens all too often. Their entire back corps is fucking fragile as fine China. Terry is a great defensive player, but when he's not there, that back 4 loses its fucking mind. Watch the Birmingham game from the start of the season to see what I mean. Cole is a good defender, but he's a better attacker from that position. Maybe it's the fact that the Special One sends all the backs as far forward as he can, but they get beat on plays they shouldn't way too often. And Carvalho? He's not that fucking good by himself. He needs Terry back there or he forgets how to defend. Wayne Bridge is decent but he's either hurt or doesn't flash enough offensive skill to get Mourinho to play him. Chelsea is a worse team period when Essien is in the backfield, because he's such a huge presence in the midfield.

As for the Galaxy, that team is just awful. Beckham has brought their play up significantly, but outside of him, there's just not much there in open play. Landon has flashes of brilliance followed by bouts of invisibility. They are better when Cobi Jones and Xavier play, but pretty awful without them. Klensmann won't help, because they don't have enough good striking talent. There's no Klose in that team, no Podolski. LA should benefit from extra money off the Beckham ticket and merchandise sales, so they should be able to afford some good players. I really hope they don't shed talent, GM or coaches, just find some good talent and sign them. Who wouldn't want to sign to play with Becks?

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #48 on: August 28, 2007, 09:45:38 AM

Oh their all fucking bitchasses (esp Terry) and I'd take players like Dunn(e?), Ottl, Puyol & Vidic over them because at least I know my backline aren't fucking pansies.  Fuck I really liked Chimbonda and Primus last year for that matter.  Also everyone who plays for Italy's national squad is solid.  tongue

Essien is like Owen Hargreeves but with actual talent.  He plays smart and blunts and breaks attacks while controling tons of space and can slip into attack and lay the ball off well.  While Hargreaves just runs around w/ pace and makes ugly tackles and gets stuck in.  But can't find a foot to pass the ball with let alone find open space and do something useful on offense.

With Essien as a centermid playing a holding defensive roll and their actual starters behind him that's a formidable defense for my money is what I'm trying to say.

-William Gibson
sigil
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: August 28, 2007, 11:07:45 AM

Oh their all fucking bitchasses (esp Terry) and I'd take players like Dunn(e?), Ottl, Puyol & Vidic over them because at least I know my backline aren't fucking pansies.  Fuck I really liked Chimbonda and Primus last year for that matter.  Also everyone who plays for Italy's national squad is solid.  tongue

Essien is like Owen Hargreeves but with actual talent.  He plays smart and blunts and breaks attacks while controling tons of space and can slip into attack and lay the ball off well.  While Hargreaves just runs around w/ pace and makes ugly tackles and gets stuck in.  But can't find a foot to pass the ball with let alone find open space and do something useful on offense.

With Essien as a centermid playing a holding defensive roll and their actual starters behind him that's a formidable defense for my money is what I'm trying to say.

Chelsea is mindnumbingly boring to watch. For a team like that, with the star power they've aquired,  they shouldn't be.

I wonder who Roman will move for next? Schevchenko won't be staying. Heck, he's even being linked to DC United of all places. Ballack?  I see that team being in flux the next off season.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #50 on: August 28, 2007, 12:18:01 PM

DC United? Schevchenko is too young to move to the MLS yet. :) Unless he goes to the Chicago Fire, in which case WELCOME! I'm surprised they haven't moved Ballack so far, other than he costs entirely too much for what you'll get in return. His best days are behind him.

You're right about Chelsea's play, they really are pretty annoying to watch. Everytime the ref blows the whistle, 5 guys in blue are camped up his ass. God forbid a card gets pulled out, we'll waste 5 minutes on the afters. For all the quality their players have, they are still irritating as hell.

sigil
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: August 28, 2007, 12:58:01 PM

No to the Fire, as they have their DP in Blanco.  He's picking apart the weaker teams, we'll see what he does against more solid defending.
 Her family live in the DC area. Schevie has talked about going over to America sooner rather than later in the same line of thought as Beckham. He's looking at starting his own Academy over here. United is the team with the deepest tradition  and history of actually doing something, albeit not a lot, outside of America.

There's a lot and I mean a lot of money to be made  in the Youth Soccer market in the States. Has been for a while.  But he may just do what Beckham did originally and set  that up and play in Europe. But I can't see him playing at Chelsea. It's not a good fit and he's being wasted there.
Jobu
Terracotta Army

Lord Buttrot

Reply #52 on: August 29, 2007, 12:35:25 PM

So I'm watching Arsenal vs. Sparta Prague right now on the internet. The game's pretty droll so far, but that's not my point. I'm actually watching it on the internet! A Swedish friend showed me this website that catalogs television streams from different channels around the world in a Peer2Peer setup. You can watch pretty much any game from any league, whenever it's on. Check it out. It's great for those midweek games, or ones you can't find on TV anywhere.

Champions League draw is on tomorrow. Did Chelsea get seeded this time, or will they get drawn with Liverpool again?
sigil
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: August 29, 2007, 01:36:05 PM

So I'm watching Arsenal vs. Sparta Prague right now on the internet. The game's pretty droll so far, but that's not my point. I'm actually watching it on the internet! A Swedish friend showed me this website that catalogs television streams from different channels around the world in a Peer2Peer setup. You can watch pretty much any game from any league, whenever it's on. Check it out. It's great for those midweek games, or ones you can't find on TV anywhere.

Champions League draw is on tomorrow. Did Chelsea get seeded this time, or will they get drawn with Liverpool again?

That website is extremely handy. So handy that I keep wondering when it's going to go dark.

Jobu
Terracotta Army

Lord Buttrot

Reply #54 on: August 30, 2007, 10:22:40 AM

Group A: Liverpool, Porto, Marseille, Besiktas
Group B: Chelsea, Valencia, FC Schalke 04, Rosenborg
Group C: Real Madrid, Werder Bremen, Lazio, Olympiakos
Group D: AC Milan, Benfica, Celtic, Shakhtar Don'tsk
Group E: Barcelona, Lyon, VfB Stuttgart, Rangers
Group F: Manchester United, Roma, Sporting Lisbon, Dynamo Kiev
Group G: Internazionale, PSV Eindhoven, CSKA Moscow, Fenerbahce
Group H: Arsenal, Sevilla or AEK Athens, Steaua Bucharest, Slavia Prague

Arsenal lucked out there.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #55 on: August 30, 2007, 11:24:27 AM

CL picks, first I'm going to put the groups in order of strongest to weakest, then my predictions for who advances and who gets 3rd and goes to UEFA.

B:  Chelsea & Valencia, will come down to the games between Schalke & Valencia.
-Schalke to UEFA

A:  Liverpool & Marseilles are the obvious choices but I like Porto to keep this group interesting.
-Porto to UEFA

D:  Milan & Shakhtar I'm taking Shaktar as my surprise pick of the group stage.  The hoops are too damn inconsistent but could cost Benfica points, also I want to get on the Ukraine bandwagon sooner rather then later.
-Celtic to UEFA

E:  Barca & Stuttgart here's my other surprise pick, because Lyon hurt my feelings when they limped out of the CL last year after I had believed all the hype.  I poo poo French Football.  Plus you have to think somebody from Germany will represent and I like Stuttgart's chances the best.  Bremen's gutted roster and Shalke's harder group being the reason mind you, I haven't seen a lick of German football so far this year.
-Lyon to UEFA (sorry Rangers)

C:  Real & Lazio, I think Lazio plays best versus a Real Madrid team that loves to under achieve so I'm giving them the nod in a very interesting group but one with only one team (madrid) that can make an impact in the knockout stages.
-Bremen to UEFA

F:  Utd. & Roma, honestly I want to pick Roma to do well really badly after their great play until the wtf pwnage by United in the second leg of knockouts.  But I really like Sporting as well...
-Sporting to UEFA

G:  Internazionale & Moscow, although I'll be happy as long as someone other then PSV gets 3rd place and the UEFA cup spot.
-Fenerbahce to UEFA (if I was putting money on these picks I would have PSV overachieving and advancing to knockouts)

H:  Sevilla & Arsenal, this is a no brainer, I'm very happy for Sevilla that they will move into the CL.
-Steaua to UEFA

*edited meant the Rumanians to UEFA as Athens is already out once they play their second leg vrs Sevilla*

*edit #2 had G & H mixed up*
« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 02:45:19 PM by Hoax »

-William Gibson
Jobu
Terracotta Army

Lord Buttrot

Reply #56 on: August 30, 2007, 11:58:07 AM

A:  Liverpool & Marseilles are the obvious choices but I like Porto to keep this group interesting.
-Porto to UEFA

I think Porto are a stronger team than Marseilles. I'm looking for them to squeek by instead of the frogs. Admittedly, I've become smitten with Portuguese footballers since their run at Euro 04. It will be fun to see Cisse smack a few goals in against Liverpool, if he gets the chance.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 12:01:04 PM by Jobu »
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #57 on: August 30, 2007, 12:12:05 PM

Having watched Bremen twice this season, I think they might be lucky to make the UEFA spot unless they sign another goddamn striker. It isn't that they will get beat, but scoring is going to be a problem even against Olympiakos.

Fucking Valencia getting Chelsea in the groups sucks it, but I think they can beat Schalke or at least send Schalke to the UEFA Cup.

Porto will get through the groups over Marseilles. I just don't trust French football much either.

Celtic will get through the groups, as they are getting better than you think, but if they don't Benfica will be the one advancing, not Shaktar.

Group G is definitely the weakest, I think. For what I know about those teams, any of them or none could make it. 

sigil
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: August 30, 2007, 01:54:28 PM

Don't be so hard on Group G. Fenerbache is going to be hell to play at home. PSV tends to play at a higher level here and could make it on to the knockouts,  Haven't seen enough about CSKA to make this a solid prediction, but I feel it's going to be inter and probably PSV, with Fenerbache possibly sneaking on with one of those two getting the Parachute.

Man U is in a tough group. But Rangers? They're fucked.

Oh hey, Zat Knight got picked up for Narcotics distribution. I wonder how Villa feel about :that: signing?
« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 01:57:47 PM by sigil »
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #59 on: August 30, 2007, 02:49:04 PM

Who's the current favorite to win it all and what're the odds they are giving?  I'm not sure what the good uk betting sites are.

-William Gibson
sigil
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: August 31, 2007, 07:42:02 AM

Here's the latest odds from Coral.uk For the outright winner:

Barcelona   5/1

Chelsea   7/1

Inter Milan   7/1

AC Milan   8/1

Man United   8/1

Real Madrid   8/1

Liverpool   14/1

Arsenal   20/1

Sevilla    20/1   

Lyon   28/1

Valencia   28/1

Roma   33/1

Lazio   66/1

Marseille   66/1

PSV   66/1

Schalke    66/1

Stuttgart   66/1

Werder Bremen   80/1

Benfica         100/1

Porto   100/1

CSKA Moscow   150/1

Celtic   150/1

Fenerbahce   150/1

Sporting Lisbon   150/1

Besiktas   200/1

Shakhtar Donetsk   200/1

Olympiakos   250/1

Rangers         250/1

Dinamo Kiev   300/1

Slavia Prague   500/1

Steaua Bucharest   500/1

Rosenborg   1000/1

AEK Athens   2000/1

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: August 31, 2007, 08:49:53 PM

Lets get some random predictions in this thread so we can look back later and mock.

First, I still think Utd has a shot at the title and will make top 2 if they pick up another striker at some point. I think the top 4 will remain the same this year too. Talk of Arsenal falling off it just a little silly.

Man City will fall off in a big way. Sunderland will stay up. Tottenham will fail and have a new coach by Christmas (which I think is a bit unfair). Everton will possibly get 5th.

I've never rated Moyes, but it's time I admitted I'm wrong and that he's done a great job year in year out. If he can keep it up a little longer that might even start being able to get a few bigger names in and retain them. Imagine if Rooney had stayed with them all this time. The way I see it the only thing that saved Liverpool is Gerrard staying - they would be so much worse without him, not only on the park but in being able to convince players they had the talent to actually sign for them. If Everton had retained Rooney who knows how they might have been doing today.

My table is going to look like:

Utd (I'm a Utd fan)
Chelsea/Liverpool (can't split them)
Arsenal
Everton
Newcastle
Blackburn
Tottenham
Pompey
Villa/City/'Brough
Reading
West Ham
Sunderland
Birmingham
Fulham
Bolton
Derby

Big Sam has doomed Bolton.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: September 01, 2007, 06:09:53 AM

CL stuff

Man U have an important season in Europe, if they don't make the final, or at least make the semi winning almost every match along the way, they are very unlikely to be pool A seeds next year.

Roma will be stiffer resistence than they were in the QF last year.

Man U and Roma have to be favorites as you suggest, but Roma top, Lisbon 2nd, Buccaneers off to the UEFA cup isn't out of the question.

Quote from: sigil
odds

I don't see Barca as even near favourites.

Last year's semi finalists, Chelsea, Man U, Liverpool, and Milan are crazy good odds.

I really have trouble seeing beyond those four for an eventual winner.

Sevilla at 20/1 might be worth a look as a team to come from nowhere.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #63 on: September 01, 2007, 09:06:22 AM

HAHAHAAHHHH eat shit spurs!
fucking Robinson

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #64 on: September 01, 2007, 09:42:24 AM

That was pretty sweet goal by Diomansy.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
sigil
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: September 01, 2007, 10:36:28 AM

fucking Robinson

It's always easy to spot a Gooner.

Tottenham van driver used to amuse himself by running over every Arse*** Fan he would see strutting down the side of the road in their ubiquitous red and white colours. He would swerve to hit them and there would be a loud"THUMP" and then he would swerve back on the road.

One day, as the driver was driving along, he saw a priest hitchhiking. He thought he would do a good turn and pulled the van over. He asked the priest "Where are you going, Father ?"
"I'm going to Mass at St Joseph's church, about 2 miles down the road" replied the priest.
"No problem Father ! I'll give you a lift, climb in !"

The happy priest climbed into the passenger seat and the van continued down the road. Suddenly the driver saw an Arse*** Fan walking down the road and instinctively swerved to hit him. But, just in time, he remembered the bloody priest, so at the last minute he swerved back to the road, narrowly missing the bastard. However, even though he was certain he missed the glory-hunting shite, he still heard a loud "THUD". Not understanding where the noise came from, he glanced in his mirrors and when he didn't see anything he turned to the priest and said "I'm sorry Father, I almost hit that Arse*** Fan"
"That's okay" replied the priest. "I got the bastard with the door !"

But yes, another day to hang the head. Jol will not be around much longer.
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #66 on: September 01, 2007, 11:05:23 AM

:-D dead wrong. I hate England team mostly. Spurs have awesome attack, but their defense is just being let down by this fella at the moment.
But man, Liverpool really looks tempting to win the league, but no. Not this year. It can't be their year.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
sigil
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: September 01, 2007, 11:52:00 AM

My apologies then ;) Their midfield is weak, especially with the injuries, and their D is becoming a joke without King. Who pretty much stays injured now. :(
Luxor
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: September 01, 2007, 05:37:30 PM

fucking Robinson

Deja Vu?
Mr_PeaCH
Terracotta Army

Reply #69 on: September 02, 2007, 07:55:56 PM

How can you pin that loss on Robinson; those last two goals were uncanny... the deflection off of Rocha's leg and then that absurd bicycle kick both going in perfect arcs just over and out of Robinson's reach?  That being said, I'm pissed at Jol for taking his foot off the gas when we were giving Fulham more than they could handle the first 70 minutes and trying to 'play it safe' just to piss it away at the end.  The best defense for Spurs is a good offense and they looked great at times.  But Fulham got crazy shots to drop and ours were going off of the posts or being deflected by defensemen when the goalie was 15 yards out of position.  Gareth Bale continues to impress, doesn't he?

Taking a crack at lamaros' suggestion...

I don't think the Spurs are in ruins and will still finish top 6 and maybe still top 4 although they are definitely off to a bad start and probably just cemented Jol's fate for what that's worth.  (But then that's my team.)

Arsenal OUT of the top 4.

Sunderland stay up and Everton top 6 (agreeing with lamaros on both of those).

Derby County don't win a game.  :)

Pool
ManU
Spurs  rolleyes
Chelsea
Everton
Newcastle
Arsenal, ManCity, Bolton and Pompey round out my top half.

COME ON YOU SPURS!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: 2007-08 EPL Thread  
Jump to: