Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 06:52:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 12 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2233187 times)
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #3850 on: January 24, 2011, 05:11:10 AM

I didn't care for Angry Birds much, but I'm on the last box of Cut the Rope.  And Infinity Blade, Bloodline 2 (just started).  IB is a cool little QTE-esqe game, but it makes my phone hot.  I only feel comfortable playing for 5-10 minutes at a time, which is about all the gameplay can stand.
Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

I'm an apathetic, hedonistic, utilitarian, nihilistic existentialist.

Reply #3851 on: January 24, 2011, 05:47:14 AM

I'm a bit burned out on all of the casual iPhone games. I'd like to see longer and more complex games instead. I played a lot of 'fruit ninja' on my way to work lately there is no strategy involved whatsoever and what score you end up with is totally random which kind of put me off it. Also the gamecenter and open feint top scores are obviously fake and were obtained by cheating.
fuser
Terracotta Army

Reply #3852 on: January 24, 2011, 06:17:12 AM

LBP2, I don't know if its someone from here who keeps trying to join that I reject but I have been working on a level. The toolkit is pretty insane so much that it's quite easy to build any game you wish.
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #3853 on: January 24, 2011, 08:28:29 AM

I'm now dabbling in Game Dev Story. It seems reasonably deep for a phone game. For iUsers, have you tried Galaxy on Fire? It's supposed to be rather good.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #3854 on: January 24, 2011, 08:34:39 AM

Game Dev Story isn't very deep at all.  It's basically the same thing over and over again, all you do is add 2 more staff positions at two different points in the game.  It's a good time waster and "one more turn" game play done very well.  In the end, it's like most iphone games for me; shallow and repetitive, but fun on the crapper (or doctor's office if you forgot a book). 

Playing WoW and ME2.  Waiting for something interesting to get released.

-Rasix
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #3855 on: January 24, 2011, 08:35:04 AM

Dear Guild Wars,

I have two suggestions that would significantly reduce the amount of tedium I experience while playing you.

1) If a mob is so low level compared to me it would give 0 XP, it shouldn't aggro on me or my henchemen.

2) If one of those "ambush" carrion things you're so overly fond of would give me 0 XP when I kill it, it shouldn't spawn for me or my henchmen.

Embrace the grey con. At level 10, I should not have to stop every 50 feet to wipe out 2-6 level 3 mobs that have no chance of defeating me, and offer no useful reward when I defeat them.

Thanks,
Me

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #3856 on: January 24, 2011, 08:38:43 AM

I have Zenonia (please don't laugh) and Dungeon Hunter.  DH is a diablo lite, not too bad though.  Zenonia is like Zelda Link to the Past meets FF2 or FF3.  The story is silly and feels written by a 16yr old at times, but theres a surprising amount of meat to a $3.00 game. 
Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #3857 on: January 24, 2011, 08:54:09 AM

I finished Torchlight on hardcore  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly? easy mode  0.0 DPS. I was going to try for a harder hardcore, but went to retire my character and discovered the shared stash. I never knew about the shared stash until now.  swamp poop

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
-Calantus makes the best of a smelly situation.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #3858 on: January 24, 2011, 09:04:23 AM

I really undersatand why Bethesda implemented the VATS system for Fallout after doing combat in ME for some time. Twitch based real time combat and gamepad controls simply don't mix well at least in ME.

I just started playing Fallout 3 on the 360 and after blowing all my ammo trying to shoot Vault guards, I figured out that the only way I'd survive on this game is to use VATS. It completely changes the game, making it playable. I don't think I could have lasted without it. I didn't have a problem with ME, but that's mostly because I played it on the PC instead of a console.

Rasix

Reply #3859 on: January 24, 2011, 09:05:33 AM

ME also has a billion chest high walls.  Makes the combat a bit easier with thumbsticks.

-Rasix
Oban
Terracotta Army

Reply #3860 on: January 24, 2011, 09:37:42 AM

For iUsers, have you tried Galaxy on Fire? It's supposed to be rather good.

I usually turn it off right after the third waypoint when the enemies appear in the tutorial.   Get off my lawn!

Palin 2012 : Let's go out with a bang!
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #3861 on: January 24, 2011, 09:53:43 AM

ME also has a billion chest high walls.  Makes the combat a bit easier with thumbsticks.
I keep running up to "cover" in F:NV and wondering why I don't auto-duck behind it. Playing through Mafia 2 and then a bit of ME1, both games featuring a cover system, it's odd to then jump into a shooter without it. Especially coming from Hard in Mafia 2 where getting shot two or three times is death, even from range (and most shotguns with one-shot you...should call them one-shotguns hurk).
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #3862 on: January 24, 2011, 09:58:21 AM

I'm half way through a handful of games including New Vegas, Fable 3, Mafia II, and Just Cause 2. So of course I dl'd the latest version of the OOO mod and started another game of Oblivion.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #3863 on: January 24, 2011, 10:35:34 PM

Din's Curse, which seems to have freed me from Dwarf Fortress and Minecraft for now.

I just checked the trial out. This is a neat little game.

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #3864 on: January 26, 2011, 07:53:35 AM

Din's Curse, which seems to have freed me from Dwarf Fortress and Minecraft for now.

I just checked the trial out. This is a neat little game.

It's definitely a cool turn on the Diablo clone.  I especially appreciate how it gets right to the interesting loot drops rather than let me wallow in shit for a whole subregion.  Other things that make me giggle are cave-ins, infighting between monsters, lack of skill tree, world modifiers, and monsters that know how to pull levers.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Musashi
Terracotta Army

Reply #3865 on: January 26, 2011, 09:14:06 AM

Diablo clone

Wat's dis? 

I need somebody to write me a program that pings my cellphone every time the word Diablo is mentioned in a post.

AKA Gyoza
Musashi
Terracotta Army

Reply #3866 on: January 26, 2011, 01:04:31 PM

OH SHIT

Game does not suck!

AKA Gyoza
Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #3867 on: January 26, 2011, 09:06:10 PM

OH SHIT

Game does not suck!

Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly? it's not as pretty as Torchlight, but it has lots of neat things going on.

WayAbvPar

Reply #3868 on: January 27, 2011, 10:57:59 AM

Dear Guild Wars,

I have two suggestions that would significantly reduce the amount of tedium I experience while playing you.

1) If a mob is so low level compared to me it would give 0 XP, it shouldn't aggro on me or my henchemen.

2) If one of those "ambush" carrion things you're so overly fond of would give me 0 XP when I kill it, it shouldn't spawn for me or my henchmen.

Embrace the grey con. At level 10, I should not have to stop every 50 feet to wipe out 2-6 level 3 mobs that have no chance of defeating me, and offer no useful reward when I defeat them.

Thanks,
Me

God that shot me back to the days of the cliff racers in Morrowind. How does that shit get past QA?

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Rasix

Reply #3869 on: January 27, 2011, 11:45:58 AM

God that shot me back to the days of the cliff racers in Morrowind. How does that shit get past QA?

Standard dev answer to non code bug defect:  "working as designed."  

Played ME2 last night.. this game is really hard to play in short bursts. Son must have been in his 12 hour per night of sleep phase when I played this last.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 11:51:00 AM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #3870 on: January 27, 2011, 08:57:41 PM

Magicka.  I am bad at this. awesome, for real

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #3871 on: January 28, 2011, 09:50:27 AM

Holy Magicka achievement spam.  ACK!
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #3872 on: January 28, 2011, 10:04:30 AM

Magicka is a tad buggy.

Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #3873 on: January 28, 2011, 11:07:59 AM

So, I picked up Breach from Steam for $12. Its an MP FPS with destructible environments. Its responsive and should satisfy low maintenance FPSers. The 'lean' mechanics are an interesting spin on Mass Effect's cover method. Mind you, the graphics, while nice enough, are not omgwtfbbq gorgeous or anything. A hair above America's Army or Insurgency. Worth a buy if that's your thing and you're not currently into any MP FPS games.

In other news, still playing World of Tanks, which is now in Open Beta for anyone still interested in this vehicle based 'MMO' FPS. Its stable, runs well on a 3 year old Core2Duo with a 2 year old video card (8800 GT). It has no EuroJank, other than an unfortunate bias on the part of developers for one particular medium top tier Russian tank that shall go unamed.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #3874 on: January 30, 2011, 05:01:26 AM

Playing Halo: Reach. It is the best shooter around, full stop.
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #3875 on: January 30, 2011, 09:46:53 AM

Playing Halo: Reach. It is the best shooter around, full stop.

Unless you can give us something to go on here, I'm gonna cough loudly and make harumphing noises till you can justify a console FPS being 'the best shooter around'.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #3876 on: January 30, 2011, 11:11:47 AM

Unless you can give us something to go on here, I'm gonna cough loudly and make harumphing noises till you can justify a console FPS being 'the best shooter around'.

Halo goes beyond the silly controller debate. It's all about the gameplay, specifically the way Bungie AI works. Instead of straight up scripting, Halo games have scenes that only have a starting setup. After that everything is dynamic and you can go on solving the shooting puzzle any way you want. The AI will manouver on you, and will retreat if you give it a beating.

It's a thing of beauty. 

Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #3877 on: January 30, 2011, 10:25:27 PM

I finally installed Divinity 2 and am plowing through it right now. It seems easier than the first time around, but that might be the twohander I found early on. And I also couldn't remember the Level 15 items my character started with. All in all fun times.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #3878 on: January 31, 2011, 06:18:15 AM

Magicka. Multiplaying past the bugs.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Bann
Terracotta Army

Reply #3879 on: February 02, 2011, 05:24:33 AM

I've just received my tax returns and am considering a PS3. I already have an 360, and am trying to decide if its worth it to pick up a ps3 or not. I have a few questions if anyone would like to way in. First, what do you consider the ps3 exclusive "must play" games? (you can skip Demon's Souls. One of the main reasons Im considering a ps3 is over how much you love that game has gotten here) Secondly, I like that the ps3 has psn for free, at least right now. I've not gone ahead and got an xbox live as I'm a bit of a cheap bastard. I'll probably get either fifa 11 or nhl11 again for ps3 if I pick one up for the grindy grindy ultimate player feature, but what other games do you find really shine online? Finally, does anyone have an opinion on harddrive size? I intend to use the ps3 as a gaming system, and not as storage for movies/music. Thanks for any advice you have.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #3880 on: February 02, 2011, 05:59:21 AM

Can replace the internal disk with any size you care to install.  Suggest doing so right away so you don't have to dick around with data transfer.

trias_e
Terracotta Army

Reply #3881 on: February 02, 2011, 06:29:42 AM

Blade Runner, mid 90's game.  It definitely stands the test of time, remaining a fantastic gameplay experience today.  A little bit of pixel hunting as was par for the course back then, but I can forgive it for it, and its not that bad.  It's an adventure/detective game with massive replayability...a dynamic story that is actually effected by the user's actions (and also random chance).  Just plain awesome.  The graphics aren't even that terrible.  I wish games today had the ambition and guts of Blade Runner.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 09:38:28 AM by trias_e »
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #3882 on: February 02, 2011, 08:32:25 AM

Yep, Blade Runner was one of those serious surprises. Back when it came out I had about as high expectations as one would for a video game derived from a movie. Absolutely none. Then I sat in amazement as I watched the GF play through it and discovered that the thing was a seriously layered and worked through game. Don't get me wrong, its not an explosion of love in your pants like Myst felt back in the day, but its one of those old school, studiously crafted adventure games.

Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #3883 on: February 02, 2011, 10:29:23 PM

Ah yes, Blade Runner. I think I could replay that as well one of these days. The Replicant was supposed to be somebody different in each playthrough as well, if I remember correctly.

Still exclusively Divinity 2 here, just got the Tower and sent my lackeys to fetch ingredients for me while my personal dancer performed for me in her short skirt and stockings. That game definitely has some strange moments.  awesome, for real
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #3884 on: February 03, 2011, 09:46:55 AM

Finally sat down and beat New Vegas, and much like Fallout 3, it quickly wore out it's welcome by the time I hit the end stretch.  I think it's due to everything starting to look and feel the same everywhere, despite the decent storytelling.  At least the main story wasn't pants on head retarded like it's predecessor.

Beat the guild wars nightfall campaign finally, a few years late.  Finally on a roll with these though.  Bit more than halfway done.

Not entirely sure what to work on now.  I should probably go back to Red Dead Redemption, and make some real progress on that though.
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: