Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 10:47:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2240151 times)
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #2415 on: February 01, 2010, 01:42:14 AM

6 pm. Nothing to play. Decided to load up clan Doviello on Monarch difficulty for Fall from Heaven 2 Mod.
5 hours later and I'm close to wiping out the Balseraphs with Horse Archers rampaging across half the continent. Ashen Veil holy city captured. Two towns to go and I'll sweep the Clan of Embers territories. This game's pure evil. I'm glad it has an in-game clock to keep track of my time.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #2416 on: February 01, 2010, 06:12:55 AM

A bit late to the party but I just started League of Legends.  So far I’m really enjoying it compared to Demigod, although with the massive amount of heroes, runes, items and such it’s a bit overwhelming to learn.   I’m also plowing through the 20th anniversary edition of FF.
WayAbvPar

Reply #2417 on: February 01, 2010, 11:52:05 AM

6 pm. Nothing to play. Decided to load up clan Doviello on Monarch difficulty for Fall from Heaven 2 Mod.
5 hours later and I'm close to wiping out the Balseraphs with Horse Archers rampaging across half the continent. Ashen Veil holy city captured. Two towns to go and I'll sweep the Clan of Embers territories. This game's pure evil. I'm glad it has an in-game clock to keep track of my time.

I have been playing vanilla Civ IV:BTS a ton recently. Haven't tried any mods yet, since I am still terrible at the regular game. CivFanatics.com is teaching me a lot, but I have horrible habits learned from the first 3 Civs that I can't shake often enough, so I am not playing even close to optimally. Still having fun though, which is what counts in the long run.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #2418 on: February 01, 2010, 12:12:00 PM

Somehow, I've reached a point in Mass Effect that I cannot proceed past - every time I reach the energy wall on Ilos, the game crashes hard. Same place every time. Seems to have happened to other people, but no real fix has been discussed yet. Tried reinstalling the game, but no dice. As a result, I've put the game aside for now, and went back to Xenosaga.

This game is interrupted by a whole shitload of fucking cinematics. And they are badly done, post-PS1 level cinematics. Lots of very lo-res textures stretched across everything. I'm not even dissing the very anime nature of the cutscenes - that's an issue I expect and am trying to look past. But the gameplay is so spread out, it may not be one I can get very far into. We'll see.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #2419 on: February 01, 2010, 05:55:04 PM

Harvest Moon: Animal Parade.  No time limit!  That I know of.

No reading or music for a few days.  Replaced with conference calls.  Horrible, horrible conference calls.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #2420 on: February 01, 2010, 07:18:27 PM

Somehow, I've reached a point in Mass Effect that I cannot proceed past - every time I reach the energy wall on Ilos, the game crashes hard. Same place every time. Seems to have happened to other people, but no real fix has been discussed yet.

Looking around a bit just now, one person said he was able to get past that by dropping all his settings down to the lowest possible right before (and then turning them back up after he got past that part).  Something to try I guess.
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #2421 on: February 02, 2010, 06:08:20 AM

I have been playing vanilla Civ IV:BTS a ton recently. Haven't tried any mods yet, since I am still terrible at the regular game. CivFanatics.com is teaching me a lot, but I have horrible habits learned from the first 3 Civs that I can't shake often enough, so I am not playing even close to optimally. Still having fun though, which is what counts in the long run.

Maybe try playing on noble difficulty? I think part of beating the game is knowing what kind of city you're building based on your starting areas. Once you got that figured out, then you can start thinking of military paths.

I can't get back to vanilla civ after FFH2. The assorted nations are super-unique and only a few of them are half baked. So bye bye plain vanilla, hello orcs and angels.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #2422 on: February 02, 2010, 12:01:35 PM

Somehow, I've reached a point in Mass Effect that I cannot proceed past - every time I reach the energy wall on Ilos, the game crashes hard. Same place every time. Seems to have happened to other people, but no real fix has been discussed yet.

Looking around a bit just now, one person said he was able to get past that by dropping all his settings down to the lowest possible right before (and then turning them back up after he got past that part).  Something to try I guess.

I saw that as an option, but didn't have the patience to deal with it. It's next on my list when I get the time to play later in the week.

raydeen
Terracotta Army

Reply #2423 on: February 03, 2010, 04:53:59 AM

Phantasy Star Universe: Ambition of the Illuminus (pretty much just like PSU - fun if you like that sort of thing) and Ultima 7 via Exult.

I was drinking when I wrote this, so sue me if it goes astray.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #2424 on: February 03, 2010, 08:45:43 PM

I am "playing" Dragon Age by watching Ingmar play through it. This is how I play all RPGs in that vein, really. I didn't watch his first play through (he had his headphones on during that one) so it's all shiny and new. I might actually play it my own self as a dwarf, it's hard to decide ... I like it better than KotOR so far, my previous record holder for "furthest Sjofn actually played her own self." Water planet broke me in that one.

I also keep replaying Majesty 2 because I like how mindless it is. Pretty much the same reason I kept replaying Majesty 1, I just find it soothing background game noise. I don't have to focus on it, so I can play it and "play" Dragon Age at the same time.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

God Save the Horn Players
Nightblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #2425 on: February 03, 2010, 09:10:57 PM

I am "playing" Dragon Age by watching Ingmar play through it. This is how I play all RPGs in that vein, really. I didn't watch his first play through (he had his headphones on during that one) so it's all shiny and new. I might actually play it my own self as a dwarf, it's hard to decide ... I like it better than KotOR so far, my previous record holder for "furthest Sjofn actually played her own self." Water planet broke me in that one.

I also keep replaying Majesty 2 because I like how mindless it is. Pretty much the same reason I kept replaying Majesty 1, I just find it soothing background game noise. I don't have to focus on it, so I can play it and "play" Dragon Age at the same time.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

I used to do the same thing with my brother back in the old days, except with The Legacy of Kain series.

Good times, it's a lot more enjoyable than it sounds. Watching awful "Lets play" videos on youtubes is a poor substitute. (Double said awful if the player decides to voice the game's lines badly)
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #2426 on: February 03, 2010, 10:13:06 PM

It's extra nice doing this on Ingmar's second playthrough, he lets me pick the dialogue and order and stuff if I want. I'm pretty sure if it was his first time through he wouldn't ask my opinion.  Ohhhhh, I see.

God Save the Horn Players
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #2427 on: February 04, 2010, 07:00:56 AM

Played a bit of Bayonetta last night.  Good god, it's insipid.
naum
Terracotta Army

Reply #2428 on: February 04, 2010, 09:16:21 AM

Haven't messed with FFH mod myself either, still reacquainting myself with Civ 4 engine as I never really spent a lot of time with game until recently, after picking up BTS expansion (and all the other expansions included within).

"Should the batman kill Joker because it would save more lives?" is a fundamentally different question from "should the batman have a bunch of machineguns that go BATBATBATBATBAT because its totally cool?". ~Goumindong
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #2429 on: February 05, 2010, 04:34:23 AM

Glad I held off on this. I'll get it when it hits the bargain bin.

Your comments also apply just as well to Prototype. Funny how well it started, and how steep it's dive was.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
BitWarrior
Terracotta Army

Reply #2430 on: February 05, 2010, 10:43:09 AM

Seriously enjoying Assassins Creed II. I liked the original, but I did have to overlook the "single mission type" style gameplay. For a new style of game as ambitious as it was, I gave them a free pass on that one. Assassins Creed II takes that complaint and stomps it into the ground - the variation of goals, tasks, and mission types is massive. It's a fantastically realized world and I'm loving it.

Ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #2431 on: February 05, 2010, 11:07:34 AM

Your comments also apply just as well to Prototype. Funny how well it started, and how steep it's dive was.

lol.. you're very easily swayed. one guy says it's insipid, and the rest of us don't.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #2432 on: February 05, 2010, 11:51:59 AM

Seriously enjoying Assassins Creed II. I liked the original, but I did have to overlook the "single mission type" style gameplay. For a new style of game as ambitious as it was, I gave them a free pass on that one. Assassins Creed II takes that complaint and stomps it into the ground - the variation of goals, tasks, and mission types is massive. It's a fantastically realized world and I'm loving it.

Yeah, I've put off Dragon Age and Mass Effect 2 until I've finished it.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #2433 on: February 05, 2010, 01:32:42 PM

I refused to accept the reality of having beaten both big Bioware releases and restarted Dragon Age and Mass Effect 2. I even bought the dlc for the former, something I never do.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #2434 on: February 05, 2010, 01:44:08 PM

Guess I'm playing ME2.  But work situations mean I'll be probably playing WORK MOAR this weekend.   Ohhhhh, I see.

-Rasix
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #2435 on: February 05, 2010, 01:48:16 PM

Guess I'm playing ME2.  But work situations mean I'll be probably playing WORK MOAR this weekend.   Ohhhhh, I see.

WORK MOAR lacks an endgame.  I'd avoid it personally and stick with ME2.  Money is overrated. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #2436 on: February 05, 2010, 02:46:10 PM

Played a bit of Bayonetta last night.  Good god, it's insipid.

lol.. you're very easily swayed. one guy says it's insipid, and the rest of us don't.

Reading comprehension fun - I've already held off buying it, his post would be reinforcing my decision, not "influencing me" and I thought the demo was horrible anyway. Also, you like shit, which makes your liking it frothing an anti-recommendation.  why so serious?

Besides, my backlog is so big right now and work makes me busy during the week so I don't need to be buying anything new or close to full price. Only things I'm doing that for right now are BF:BC2 and AVP.
At the end of the year I'll scoop up all these Jan-March releases I'm passing on right now. Like I said, I'll get it when it's cheap.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 02:48:22 PM by Azazel »

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #2437 on: February 05, 2010, 10:11:58 PM

Finally finished ME1 with an Infiltrator. Pegging that final Saren bunny boss is difficult with a sniper rifle. Fucking bunny hoppers. Loved the game, hated the bugs that almost shitcanned my game. I ended turning all the graphics settings to monkey ass and trying save hop through the Ilos planet. Still had to redo the whole fucking planet twice because one of my saves got corrupted. I was able to turn the settings back up once I got off that planet. Final battle was glorious.

Now I'm back to FIFA 10, started a Notts County manager mode because Liverpool really does suck ass. I thought it was me, but no, that team is just badly put together in real life and in the video game. I'm also in on  NDA and enjoying it. And of course, I still have Xenosaga, Madden 10, Final Fantasy 12, and Persona 3 FES on the list, as well as LotRO.

stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #2438 on: February 06, 2010, 02:06:51 AM

Reading comprehension fun - I've already held off buying it, his post would be reinforcing my decision, not "influencing me" and I thought the demo was horrible anyway. Also, you like shit, which makes your liking it frothing an anti-recommendation.  why so serious?

God help me if I ever start frothing about games. Sounds like a serious problem.

[edit] Oh..

Still a little UFC, skate2, and ME2.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 02:54:24 AM by stray »
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #2439 on: February 06, 2010, 01:56:39 PM

EvE
Heroes of Newarth
Witcher (slowly working my way through it)
DA:O (see Witcher)
Mass Effect - because I don't want to start ME2 until I finish the first.
Replaying Warcraft 3 for fun - the game hasn't aged too badly.
Messing around with Shogo and Oni for fun.

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Vision
Terracotta Army

Reply #2440 on: February 06, 2010, 05:38:37 PM

I was in the mood to kill shit, so I downloaded the Killzone 2 demo off of PSN. I actually really enjoyed the demo. Although can anyone verify if it is worth spending $40 dollars to buy? Is the multiplayer community alive?
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #2441 on: February 07, 2010, 01:23:59 AM

Playing around with the King Arthur demo. Hope it gets on sale again soon, now that it is available here as well. I certainly won't be the only one playing full price for it on principle, regardless of how much I like it.

Yeah, I'm weak. King Arthur all the way now until the new Dragensang comes out, I guess.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 09:26:49 AM by Tebonas »
gimpyone
Terracotta Army

Reply #2442 on: February 07, 2010, 01:27:41 AM

Finished ME2.  I tried to play Batman: AA but even with a gamepad I had a hard time doing combos or pressing the right buttons at the right time.  Hopefully Steam will be nice to me and give me a refund.  If they do, I might give King Arthur a shot.
BitWarrior
Terracotta Army

Reply #2443 on: February 07, 2010, 11:00:32 AM

I was in the mood to kill shit, so I downloaded the Killzone 2 demo off of PSN. I actually really enjoyed the demo. Although can anyone verify if it is worth spending $40 dollars to buy? Is the multiplayer community alive?

It's a fun experience, took me a bit to get into its "mood". I played the online (perhaps 2 weeks ago?) in an attempt to get some trophies, it's a small community but its still active - finding games is not a problem.

Ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put.
Vision
Terracotta Army

Reply #2444 on: February 07, 2010, 01:28:03 PM

It's a fun experience, took me a bit to get into its "mood". I played the online (perhaps 2 weeks ago?) in an attempt to get some trophies, it's a small community but its still active - finding games is not a problem.

excellent, I may have to go buy this today then.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #2445 on: February 07, 2010, 03:39:43 PM

Katamari Forever
Harvest Moon: Animal Parade... no time limit.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #2446 on: February 07, 2010, 04:59:37 PM

MAG.  About to trade it in, though.  Fun for a bit, grows old quickly.  Not worth a purchase.  Weekend rental all the way. 

Hey, that's pretty much a BiiF!

Also, resubbed to LOTRO.
climbjtree
Terracotta Army

Reply #2447 on: February 07, 2010, 10:05:15 PM

I'm playing Dark Void on PC right now. Fun, seems like a console port would seem. Wish I had a 360 controller to plug in - might make the flight easier. All in all, worth the money.
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #2448 on: February 08, 2010, 02:31:45 AM

Started playing the Klonoa remake. Interesting game, does a lot with a small number of mechanics and the 3d/2d nature of the game is really cool. The environments do a better job of feeling 3d than most 3d games with full freedom of movement. There's a whole lot of seeing another part of the level in the distance then eventually making your way over there.

Kind of hurts my brain to imagine designing the levels.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
voodoolily
Contributor

Finnuh, munnuh, muhfuh, I enjoy creating new written vernacular, s'all.

Reply #2449 on: February 08, 2010, 06:36:57 PM

Playing the shit outta some Words With Friends on the iPhone.  Also, LoZ Spirit Tracks on the DS. S'fun.

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
The Legend of Zephyr - a different blog.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: