Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 09:08:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 12 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2237443 times)
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #1610 on: September 10, 2009, 02:37:23 PM

That's an odd finding.

Since you would (should?) know what you're getting, pretty blatantly, before you bought it. 

You know. Rock Band. With Beatles Songs. swamp poop

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
WayAbvPar

Reply #1611 on: September 10, 2009, 04:33:24 PM

Seriously. WTF?

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #1612 on: September 10, 2009, 04:35:49 PM

The scarecrow part of Arkham Asylum reminded Scott of Eternal Darkness (he saw me playing it some years ago) and so we cracked out on ED over the weekend. Such a great game. I wish they'd make a new one.
Yes. That game and the resident evil remake (and zero) are why I keep my GC around. I do put it on the carpet, though!

More FFH2, continuing my second Sheaim game. Much better this time, tech rushed magery to get liches and eater of dreams, with a swarm of uber summons and fireballs I might stand a chance against the four horsemen this time.

Maybe Phire doesn't want to hold your hand.
Phire
Terracotta Army

Reply #1613 on: September 11, 2009, 06:50:45 AM

Its not the songs that I found boring its the gameplay. But then I always found Rock Band to be incredibly boring in comparison to the Guitar Hero series.

I will admit that the presentation is incredible.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #1614 on: September 11, 2009, 06:53:01 AM

What? They're the same game.

Anyway, I always thought RB had the better UI.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #1615 on: September 11, 2009, 07:47:33 AM

Hmmm.  More Demon's Souls.  It hates me though, because I insist on playing melee.
caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #1616 on: September 11, 2009, 10:17:03 PM

Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth, a bit of The Sims 3, and some Champions Online on my friend's account.

VP:L is pretty damn amazing, sad that I missed it back in the PS1 days.

"Point being, they can't make everyone happy, so I hope they pick me." -Ingmar
"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #1617 on: September 12, 2009, 04:28:12 AM

What? They're the same game.

Anyway, I always thought RB had the better UI.

Nod. GH1, GH2, RB, RB AC/DC, RB2, BRB. < Harmonix

Anyway, Finished the story last night. Fun game, but it's pretty low on the tracks. No worse than GH: Metallica or Aerosmith admittedly (and no bulked out with filler "songs the band likes") but it's really noticable.

Other drawbacks (for me) are no Hairy-version John circa "Ballard of John & Yoko", and the game doesn't let you thank the crows and hope about the audition (since it lets you do a little post-song dialogue - I got blisters on mah fingers!").

So my complaints are pretty minor. Being able to share singing duty between 3 people is pretty good as well. You can split the harmonies, but even with the mic in "solo" mode you can have more than 1 active, so your guitarist or bassist can join in when they know the words by heart, or you can take turns on the lines.

Ahem. So I been playing a little of that. Also put in an hour or so onto Incredible Hulk. More out of duty to get it finished than anything else. It's fun in small doses though. GH5 is released here next week, along with the Fallout DLC2 disc, so I'll no doubt get back into Fallout 3 at that point.

schild
Administrator

Reply #1618 on: September 12, 2009, 04:33:44 AM

Fallout 3 DLC was terribad.

ALL OF IT.
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #1619 on: September 12, 2009, 05:01:00 AM

ALL OF IT.

Go wash your mouth with soap, young man!
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #1620 on: September 12, 2009, 05:44:18 AM

ALL OF IT.

Anchorage was pretty bad. The Chinese Stealth Suit is pretty awesome though.
The Pitt was okay, but nothing special. I really did want to murder everyone I met from both sides though.

I'm going to skip the spaceship FPS one.

But the next disc has the apparently-large hillbilly swamp setting, and more importantly also allows you to play to level 30 and not have the game end suddenly when you finish the main questline. Should have been in the basic release, maybe, but that's the selling point for me. Also it's cheap.

schild
Administrator

Reply #1621 on: September 12, 2009, 05:47:16 AM

They're all crap. They exist only as an engine to get overpowered gear into the wasteland.

Basically, it's RMT. You're just buying weapons and gear.
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #1622 on: September 12, 2009, 05:49:33 AM

Huh, Batman combat is awesome. Making a comeback from almost zero health against 10 thugs in the Challenge Room is thrilling. I totally suck at chaining combos but man the blow by blow is good when I have 15 seconds of good fortune. I'm not very good at stealth tho, machine gun toting troopers drill my ass.  swamp poop

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #1623 on: September 12, 2009, 05:57:35 AM

Anchorage was pretty bad. The Chinese Stealth Suit is pretty awesome though.
The Pitt was okay, but nothing special. I really did want to murder everyone I met from both sides though.

I'm going to skip the spaceship FPS one.

But the next disc has the apparently-large hillbilly swamp setting, and more importantly also allows you to play to level 30 and not have the game end suddenly when you finish the main questline. Should have been in the basic release, maybe, but that's the selling point for me. Also it's cheap.

I'm just going to get the GOTY edition for the PC, as it's going to be cheaper than downloading the content individually. For added profit I'll trade in my 360 version of the game.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #1624 on: September 12, 2009, 08:40:47 AM

Playing on PC.

They're all crap. They exist only as an engine to get overpowered gear into the wasteland.
Basically, it's RMT. You're just buying weapons and gear.

I can see that from Anchorage. Pitt was less bad.

The other one adds levels and lets you roam indefinately after the main quest. That's worthwhile to me.

gryeyes
Terracotta Army

Reply #1625 on: September 12, 2009, 09:20:45 AM

Playing the NWN2 expansion storm of Zehir. Purchased it some time ago but never really got into it. Having stats tied to the overland map is pretty awesome, adds tons of extra usage for certain characters. I wish the idea was refined and implemented in all games of this ilk. Adding a tactical element to the combat, besides the standard bad guys at the other end of the room attack!

But it makes the innate ability of "search mode" pretty overpowered for elves. So even with the stupid rubber banding and other bugs I am finding it more enjoyable than the vanilla NWN2 and slightly below MotB.

Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #1626 on: September 12, 2009, 11:49:49 AM

Picked up Dead Space for PS3 for $15 at Target's clearance bin.  Don't know why, it's scaring the crap out of me.
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #1627 on: September 12, 2009, 12:13:51 PM

So I was the only one finding Ashur to be no villain, but a tragic figure trapped by circumstances and by a faulty (or more consequent) application of his indoctrination ?

Whereas I could kill and torture that Wernher fucker without an afterthought.

Anchorage was crap, the Pit was somewhat nice, Broken Steel is a lession in tedious Enclave soldiers killing but worth it for the more sensible ending and the 10 additional levels. I'll wait what Point Lookout brings.

The only thing that was marginally better than what I got before was the named laser rifle and the Tribal Power Armor in the Pitt  (Ingot quest). Everything else was subpar to what I got from quests in the main game (A21 and Rileys Amor). Is the overpowered stuff coming with Point Lookout?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 12:17:54 PM by Tebonas »
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #1628 on: September 12, 2009, 01:41:57 PM

Point Lookout was pretty horrible. Some new weapons and quests (nothing exciting) and lots of wtf stuff. Lots and lots of rednecks, robots, and zombies. Broken Steel had more fun, added some more stuff to do. Mothership Zeta was linear, easy, and pretty dull. The new alien weapons suck. Like, not even worth using. Lots of Alien epoxy for Firelance repair, so Pyro/energy users rejoice.

Pitt was odd, and yeah, I wanted to kill everyone involved, so I did. Operation Anchorage is a totally different game.
schild
Administrator

Reply #1629 on: September 12, 2009, 02:14:28 PM

Operation Anchorage is a different, totally crappy game.

Point Lookout shouldn't have existed.

Zeta is just stupid. Like, beyond stupid.

Broken Steel should've been with the original game because it certainly wasn't worth paying for.

Everything in the Pitt bothered me so much I couldn't finish it.
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #1630 on: September 12, 2009, 02:31:42 PM

Picked up Dead Space for PS3 for $15 at Target's clearance bin.  Don't know why, it's scaring the crap out of me.

It is pretty scary at times.  I think they steal pretty much everything, including the anxiety focus, from the Aliens series.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #1631 on: September 14, 2009, 10:17:00 AM

I haven't even bothered with any of the DLC stuff. Do you have to pay for all of it? Because I already bought F3 and it's not sounding expansion-pack worthy, just a bit of shambly add-ons. Meh.

Taking a break from my second Sheaim run-through of FFH2, where I'm currently in a massive sea battle with Lanun, who brought in the damned Mercurians. I've got a bunch of Man-o-Wars filled with mages that can cast upgraded fireballs (+str, mobility 2 for 4 range), but they keep pumping out massive stacks of caravels. Been dropping mages on single tile islands around their continent and using the upgraded fireballs for scouting and harassment. I'll win eventually, because I've got a bajillion of the fireball mages, who can also cast some badass spectres (five death mana nodes means +5 str plus summoning bonuses of the mages) if it turns into a land battle. But they just brought in the mighty Perpentach, who've I've been appeasing forever because he's mighty and whatnot...and my measly allies won't join with me...in fact they just started a war on /each other/. I think I'm finally going to pull the trigger and bring in the Infernals, if only to have an ally against the three civs I'm at war with now.

So taking a break and going back to GTA4. The two games balance each other well, one for turn-based thoughtful stuff on a massive scale, one for mindless shooting and jumping and some comedic effect. Not sure why it seemed like a lot of folks here didn't like GTA4, it's not quite as good as GTA:SA in some ways, but other than the lack of anti-aliasing I think it's an enjoyable title.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #1632 on: September 14, 2009, 10:48:59 AM

Picked up Dead Space for PS3 for $15 at Target's clearance bin.  Don't know why, it's scaring the crap out of me.

It is pretty scary at times.  I think they steal pretty much everything, including the anxiety focus, from the Aliens series.

This game scares me to such a degree that I can only play it with a month or so in between session.  Terribly underrated game.

With all the Rock Band Beatles talk, I guess I can safely admit that within the last two months I have become a SERIOUS Rock Band addict.  I bought RB2 on a whim, because I'm neither a musician of any sort and thought I wouldn't like rythymn games like this.  Boy was I wrong.  I don't know how I stack up to other people, but I think I'm getting pretty good at it too...just finished my first "Impossible" challenge on Hard difficulty...though getting through Painkiller by Judas Priest on Hard nearly made me destroy my little plastic guitar in rage.  After bombing out 4 or 5 times having only gotten 11% through the song, I was convinced that I had finally hit a wall I would never break through.  Sticking with it and beating the damn song was one of those real "moments" you have in games (more rarely these days).  I think I can now basically plow through all but the hardest songs on Expert.

Also, the RB games are head and shoulders better than the GH games, IMO.  Better interface.  Drums.  Vocals.  Bass.  Better on the actual gaming aspect.  Better songs in general (very subjective, obviously).

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #1633 on: September 14, 2009, 11:22:24 AM

Not sure why it seemed like a lot of folks here didn't like GTA4, it's not quite as good as GTA:SA in some ways, but other than the lack of anti-aliasing I think it's an enjoyable title.

It got older more quickly than I would have liked it to.  Not enough Fatty Roman and Brucie and Little Jacob and Badman; besides those four I didn't enjoy any character.  Either needed more of those, or more like it needed more other characters.  Also needed more humor, this one was all SRS BZNS.

My current list:
LotRO
Fallen Earth
Last Remnant
Animal Crossing: City Folk

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #1634 on: September 14, 2009, 11:32:48 AM

I see a lack of DDO on your list Yegolev.  You, me, and a bat need to go have a talk out back.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #1635 on: September 14, 2009, 11:57:19 AM

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #1636 on: September 14, 2009, 01:28:43 PM

I can't beat a panda.  That's just not fair.

My current list:
LotRO
Fallen Earth
Last Remnant
Animal Crossing: City Folk
DDO
Tropico
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #1637 on: September 14, 2009, 02:03:29 PM

Is the Ballad of Gay Tony 360-only? The fiancee is the one that has me playing GTA4 again and she wants to buy the Gay Tony one because she says she thinks it will be funny. She's all about the music and humor in games....and sometimes bloody mayhem (she likes BF2).
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #1638 on: September 14, 2009, 02:51:20 PM

Haven't played Rock Band or Guitar Hero.  I did check them out at Best Buy the other day-  they look terribly uninteresting, for my tastes.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #1639 on: September 14, 2009, 05:32:11 PM

I just played some Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts.

FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #1640 on: September 15, 2009, 06:05:32 AM

DDO & E:TW.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #1641 on: September 15, 2009, 08:07:23 AM

Operation Anchorage is a different, totally crappy game.

Point Lookout shouldn't have existed.

Zeta is just stupid. Like, beyond stupid.

Broken Steel should've been with the original game because it certainly wasn't worth paying for.

Everything in the Pitt bothered me so much I couldn't finish it.

Anchorage, agreed, it's just a download of some nice-looking gear. (I do love running around with the stealth suit, Buffon's Wig and Sherriff Lucas' hat.)
Point Lookout I didn't really care for much. One or two ok parts.
Zeta I didn't bother with, I could tell I would hate it.
Broken Steel is very much worth the money, though--even if the original game shouldn't have ended where and how it did.

The Pitt bothered me but I thought it was at least interesting. It bothered me not in the "this is weak/not worth it" sense but in the "this is an especially nasty part of the Fallout world and I want an option to drag another nuclear weapon back here and give it the Megaton treatment". That was part of the problem: in the rest of the game, you're generally given some branching options that define your character's morality, and a lot of those are pretty decent branches--you can be psychotic, you can be self-interested, you can be Lawman Jesus. In the Pitt you couldn't be psychotic, self-interested or Lawman Jesus, really--you could just be manipulated by nasty fuckers on all sides. I get it, I get it, but it isn't the way the rest of the game is set up.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #1642 on: September 15, 2009, 09:19:47 AM

Haven't played Rock Band or Guitar Hero.  I did check them out at Best Buy the other day-  they look terribly uninteresting, for my tastes.

I thought so too, for the longest time.  I was terribly wrong.  Haemish said it early - this is what games are supposed to be like.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #1643 on: September 15, 2009, 12:22:28 PM

I've decided I'm more into buying games than playing them.  I just pre-ordered Dragon Age, Fallen Earth and Borderlands.  Should be a non-productive 6 months or so.  Plus I've got Demon's Souls to not play so I can not beat it until I receive all those other games.
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #1644 on: September 15, 2009, 01:28:40 PM

I've been playing Crysis and Crysis Warhead. The graphics are incredible, especially in Warhead. I've actually been dreaming about running through a jungle, the environments are that immersive.

I'm being a PC monomaniac because my 360 is in a cardboard box waiting for UPS to come pick it up tomorrow and schlep it to Germany for a reunion repair tour (I really hope it's so fucked this time that they'll just send me a new one). Naturally all my Xbox game trading attempts bore fruit now that I can't play: Red Faction Guerrilla, Infinite Undiscovery and Brothers in Arms Hell's Highway are all waiting for some sweet pad loving.

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: