Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 10:15:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 27 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 255 256 [257] 258 259 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2240049 times)
schild
Administrator

Reply #8960 on: May 23, 2014, 01:02:33 PM

Well then I'm a buffoon. Anyway, Steam Sale? Absolutely. Without the Steam sale? Yeh, still worth it.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #8961 on: May 23, 2014, 01:11:32 PM

I'm wishlisting it.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

"Use the Soy Sauce, Luke!" WHOM, ZASH, CLISH CLASH! "Umeboshi Kenobi!! NOOO!!!"

Reply #8962 on: May 23, 2014, 02:11:51 PM

Steam also has the free demo.  I'm downloading it now.

"Pity hurricanes aren't actually caused by gays; I would take a shot in the mouth right now if it meant wiping out these chucklefucks." ~WayAbvPar
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #8963 on: May 23, 2014, 02:40:49 PM

Drox Operative is Auto Assault done right. Also, without cars.

Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #8964 on: May 23, 2014, 07:41:32 PM

It's not on Steam. You can only buy it from Soldak directly afaik.

Does it come with the DLC if you buy direct?

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
schild
Administrator

Reply #8965 on: May 23, 2014, 10:40:41 PM

It's not on Steam. You can only buy it from Soldak directly afaik.

Does it come with the DLC if you buy direct?
It's on Steam, I was wrong. Also DLC is separate. I've read that it's standalone, but I don't know. I don't have the DLC yet. Probably gonna rebuy it on Steam. -_-
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #8966 on: May 24, 2014, 01:47:50 AM

Yeah, it's a fun game, but it's really, really hard to figure out.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #8967 on: May 24, 2014, 04:53:51 AM

Yeah, it's a fun game, but it's really, really hard to figure out.
That's the fun of it.

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #8968 on: May 24, 2014, 07:56:15 AM

Based on the demo, they need to just straight-up double the game speed.
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #8969 on: May 24, 2014, 08:22:27 PM

Transistor is my go-to at the moment - beautiful game and so very well executed. Well worth the money. Playing a bit of Talisman too  although the UI shits me occasionally with having to mouse-click confirm buttons etc. Very faithful to the board game. I gave Warhammer Kill Team a go - not overly impressed with the port, especially the auto-camera. Space Hulk DLC is good but still subject to random punisment of the player.

Hawken, for all the hype just feels like UT for claustrophobes and Hex can DIAF because I can't reset my password or get a confirmation to join their support page so that I can report that their password reset system doesn't work. That shits me as I backed the game (and it's the last time I get involved in a backer program).

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Pagz
Terracotta Army

I AM GOING TO WRESTLE THIS BEAR WITH MY BARE HANDS!

Reply #8970 on: May 26, 2014, 03:17:36 AM

Walking Dead is making me feel like every decision I ever make is wrong and that I am a bad person.
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #8971 on: May 26, 2014, 08:22:09 PM

I'm messing around with TOR F2P and treating it like a single player game.
Tolerable. No incentive to pay a single cent so far, but I might want to once I'm done with my Sith Agent & Republic Trooper storylines for additional char slot.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #8972 on: May 27, 2014, 09:31:27 AM

Walking Dead is making me feel like every decision I ever make is wrong and that I am a bad person.

Working as intended.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #8973 on: May 27, 2014, 09:56:53 AM

Finally getting around to playing 'Last of Us' and am really enjoying it except for anything that has to do with shooting ANYTHING. I am such a terrible shot with the controller in this game. Everything else seems good, even melee works well - but put a gun in my hand and... ugggggh.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #8974 on: May 27, 2014, 10:16:37 AM

Metro: Last Light. I have also tried to play it with the original Russian dialogues, but they haven't subtitled the vast amounts of background chatter in the hubs, so I had to revert it back to English. Which is sad, the omnipresent accents (except for your female backup) make it so ridiculous at times. Otherwise, one of my ever favourite Half Life alternatives.

Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #8975 on: May 27, 2014, 03:30:38 PM

Played through Magrunner, which is kind of like Portal meets Cthulhu, except a bit shit.  Puzzles were kinda OK (aside from completely botching any parallels with real life physics) but the writing and voice acting were just awful, and you kinda need that for a Cthulhu game.

Gave Salvation: Prophecy a spin, which is an indie title by a one man studio, a fact which is pretty obvious once you've played it for a few minutes.  It's basically like a cross between a super simplistic third person shooter and a super simplistic arcade space shooter (like Rogue Squardon). Game is janky as hell, but I had a lot of fun with it.

Trying to get through Deadpool, now.  Ugh.  The game is like 80% boring generic "walk through ruined office building, fight enemies using light and heavy attacks" and like 20% batshit insanity.  I played it with a friend in the room doing other stuff and kept pointing at the screen going "Holy shit, look at that, it's amazing" and he'd come over to look and I'd be back sitting in some gray corridor.  I'd be all "no, no, you don't understand, I punched a dude out the window and surfed his corpse down the side of the building to land in an inflatable bounce castle just a second ago!  Really!"  I think I'm near the end, because the game is vomiting up some pure bullshit encounters right now ("How about fighting every boss in the game AT ONCE?").  I'm hoping I can beat it before I get too frustrated by the bullshit controls and cheap ass instant deaths.
Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

I'm an apathetic, hedonistic, utilitarian, nihilistic existentialist.

Reply #8976 on: June 01, 2014, 06:16:31 AM

I found transistor to be rather disappointing, compared to Bastion it feels unfinished and lacking.
Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

Reply #8977 on: June 01, 2014, 06:25:41 AM

Played more Mario Golf. Nintendo seriously needs to learn how to streamline their experiences.

All of the unskippable text and animations, the course exposition videos and about three voice samples each character has might be interesting for about an hour. Then they just annoy and infuriate.

Every game by Nintendo has that shit in spades and it becomes absolutely annoying.
lac
Terracotta Army

Reply #8978 on: June 01, 2014, 02:05:45 PM

Dwarf fortress, adventure mode. If you don't die fast enough it gets fucking frustrating because shit don't work but it's still good fun. Buggy as fuck but I think it'll be a great game when I'm retired.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #8979 on: June 01, 2014, 10:54:56 PM

I found transistor to be rather disappointing, compared to Bastion it feels unfinished and lacking.

Yeah, I'm not loving it.  It's not terrible, but the gameplay is a step backward and the story doesn't make any sense to me.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #8980 on: June 02, 2014, 02:47:53 AM

Tropico 5.  The gameplay is pretty different than previous.  The eras are a cool idea but the colonial one seems too quick with too few choices.  I love the expanded trade and military game! So far no bugs even.  I've been with the series since the second one and it's been a fun ride.  Lastly, the game seems a bit harder, which is good.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #8981 on: June 02, 2014, 04:52:32 AM

I've been trying to get in to europa universalis 4 since it was on Steam Sale on Friday, but I'm having a damn hard time doing so.  I've never played any of the Paradox games and I'm finding the interface and methods to be too fiddly.  I don't have 6-8 hours to just sit on my ass and learn a game anymore.

Then trying to learn it in real time is... interesting.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
schild
Administrator

Reply #8982 on: June 02, 2014, 05:39:21 PM

I have an extra key for Van Helsing 2. It's whoevers for $10 via PayPal.
Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #8983 on: June 03, 2014, 01:29:03 AM

Sooo, Wolfenstein: The New Order. Aren't you a strange beast.

It's an okay game. There's a genuinely great shooter in there somewhere but it's sort of smothered by a heavy-handed narrative and a lacklustre arsenal. See, the shooting *feels* great, in the same way Rage's did (they share game engine). It's just packaged in the same old arena-style, trigger-based gameplay as almost every other shooter. The choice of guns is quite terrible, basically it's just variations on hit-scan machineguns.

Two thumbs up for presentation though. The theme of nazis in the 1960's is really well realized without being overly campy. It manages to get rather chilling at times. The plot is- haha, who cares. It's nazis on the moon but done well enough I guess. The tonal dissonance between the setting and the plot can at times get weird, because the setting wants to be taken seriously but the overarching plot is clearly just there to shuffle you between set pieces. It feels like "Where Eagles Dare" played out in the setting of "The Pianist". On one hand atrocities, on the other, action adventure.

The bottom line is that it's a competent enough shooter that should have focused more on being fun and less on making sense. More outrageous murder in the next one, thanks.

- I'm giving you this one for free.
- Nothing's free in the waterworld.
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #8984 on: June 03, 2014, 01:45:01 AM

I don't know why anyone would buy a single player shooter at release price and expect having a good value out of it.
Woft:TNO license didn't need grimdark - it just needed to go back to its root - a simple jail break with fast shooting of Nazis going on.
That formula served them well - not some kind of grim-dark alternate future with cutscenes that take up over an hour total that wraps up the gameplay.
C'mon, when was the last time people saw a cinematic and felt 'Yeah, that's my reward for killing the last boss'?
Are we playing a dating game or Wolfenstein here? The death animation and sound bites is the reward for killing enemies, man.

Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #8985 on: June 03, 2014, 04:46:50 AM

You'll get no argument from me.

- I'm giving you this one for free.
- Nothing's free in the waterworld.
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #8986 on: June 06, 2014, 11:11:09 PM

I don't know why anyone would buy a single player shooter at release price and expect having a good value out of it.
because half-life...?

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #8987 on: June 07, 2014, 05:27:35 PM

Also Borderlands 2.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #8988 on: June 09, 2014, 05:23:36 PM

Best place I can ask without wasting a whole new thread.

There is a game, a first person shooter, that I never played but people said its plot was surprisingly good considering its origins.  Something about a desert war and a U.S. soldier gone renegade and you have to kill him and he talks to you through the whole thing.  He's like the leader of a platoon but goes nuts or something?

It's one of the games I want to throw at my dad in the hopes it sticks on Father's day.  He likes some fps games but then is completely random about what he doesn't like.  He will play what he does like into the ground until the system dies though, I think he'd still be playing Perfect Dark Zero if the system hadn't died.
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #8989 on: June 09, 2014, 06:06:24 PM

Spec Ops?
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #8990 on: June 09, 2014, 06:20:14 PM

Ahh Spec Ops: The Line yes thank you.
Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

Reply #8991 on: June 10, 2014, 02:13:44 AM

I've been playing lots of Mario Kart 8.

Lot's of fun so far and - at least for Nintendo - decent online multiplayer mode.
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #8992 on: June 10, 2014, 02:37:37 AM

Ahh Spec Ops: The Line yes thank you.

Gifting Spec Ops to a father on Father's Day is a crime against humanity.

Maledict
Terracotta Army

Reply #8993 on: June 10, 2014, 02:56:20 AM

I bought Wolfenstein last week at release price and am really enjoying it... :(

Whilst it's not a complete throwback to the FPs games of yore, it does play better than the modern style FPS with completely regenerating health. Some of the set levels are great fun (especially the stealth ones I've done so far), and killing giant nazi robots with laser guns never gets old. I do agree about the juxtaposition of what is clearly meant to be "serious, dark writing" compared to Nazi's on the moon.

I'll have gotten 15 or so hours of gameplay out of it, maybe 20, by the time I've finished my playthrough which justifies the price to me. I don't mind shorter games as long as the quality is there, and tacked on multi-player has never interested me outside of ME3 (which remains my biggest "I got it wrong" of gaming!).

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #8994 on: June 10, 2014, 05:17:47 PM

In a moment of weakness I bought Distant Worlds: Universe.  I think this may be the 4X game I've been waiting for since MoO 1 and 2.

Hellishly complicated and the graphics aren't impressive, but there's a goddamn universe at war out there.  So far I've only played as a pirate.  I should check out the colony-building game sometime.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Pages: 1 ... 255 256 [257] 258 259 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: