Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 10:40:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 10 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 231 232 [233] 234 235 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2240145 times)
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #8120 on: November 08, 2013, 10:58:01 PM

I was playing Space Pirates and Zombies, which I found politely entertaining and attractive, if not very deep.

Then I tried the Drox Operative demo, which was lumpy, crude, and fascinating, so I'm playing that now instead.

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
Nightblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #8121 on: November 08, 2013, 11:56:53 PM

Phoenix Wright: Dual Destinies - 11:30pm: Welp, time for bed. I think I'll start playing the new Phoenix Wright game to help me sleep.  2:54 am - Typing F13 post about how Im playing Phoenix Wright right now.

Donkey Kong Country Returns (3DS): Brilliant platformer that's hard to put down. It's been a long time since I've played a platformer this well crafted.

Pokemon X: 90% accuracy moves missing = 7 Wifi losses and counting.

CS:GO: Because nobody knows how to make an FPS anymore.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #8122 on: November 11, 2013, 07:44:38 AM

Picked up Marvel Heroes again, Loki is incredibly fun.  Still playing GW2 and BF4.

I am the .00000001428%
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #8123 on: November 11, 2013, 09:16:27 AM

Dragon's Dogma: Quest of the Avatar is free on PSN for me and so I grabbed it.  I've only imported my save file since I'm playing Borderlands 2 all the time.

I beat the Dragon God in Demon's Souls and spent some time learning What Not To Do after the Tower Knight in Boletaria.  Anything is better than 4-1.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
cironian
Terracotta Army

play his game!: solarwar.net

Reply #8124 on: November 11, 2013, 10:47:52 AM

Anything is better than 4-1.

All of world 5 would like a word with you. Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #8125 on: November 11, 2013, 03:46:01 PM

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #8126 on: November 12, 2013, 03:21:58 AM

What the fuck ?

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #8127 on: November 12, 2013, 08:37:49 AM

http://orteil.dashnet.org/cookieclicker/

But don't do it.  You'll be sorry.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #8128 on: November 12, 2013, 08:44:57 AM

Anything is better than 4-1.

All of world 5 would like a word with you. Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

You are correct, I can't remember the goddamn numbers.  4-1 is the happy land of metal skeletons that are weak to magic.  I meant that dark fucking hole where I can't do anything except die in horrible ways, and is the reason I make fun of people who complain about Blight Town in Dark Souls.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #8129 on: November 12, 2013, 08:47:54 AM

Oh, look, Amazon just delivered a package which contains a DVD box with "Football Manager 2014" printed on it.

Sigh  ACK!

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #8130 on: November 12, 2013, 10:22:36 AM

I laugh at your CpS, Samwise!

For I am the Cookie King!  I sit upon my Cookie Throne, wearing my Cookie Crown.  Which, as you may be given to understand, is made of cookies transmuted from useless gold.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #8131 on: November 12, 2013, 10:40:52 AM

I'm telling myself that once I have 2,000 heavenly chips (which is enough to unlock the final cookie) I can stop.  But earlier I told myself that once I had all the achievements I could stop.  So I'm a lying bastard, apparently.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #8132 on: November 12, 2013, 10:52:19 AM

After the last reset, I have 2610 heavenly chips.  With my current cookies, I would have over 2700.

In my defense, I usually have it running while I do other things.  Like play Animal Crossing, or watch TV.
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #8133 on: November 12, 2013, 10:59:06 AM

I got SWTOR free through work. So far, it's exactly what I expected - horrifically confused art direction (our palette is teal and orange! plus grey! and beige! and sulphuric yellow!) and a "stand still and mash buttons" combat model from 2004, spackled over with fancy effects and animations. A lot of dialogue, a lot of hand-touched animations using stock I recognize from Mass Effect. My first companion (Aric) is so far about as interesting as a can of cold beans. No ship yet, haven't decided on an advanced class. The weapon system (pick a mostly-cosmetic weapon model, jam four upgradable parts into it) is the bright spot so far. I wish LotRO's Legendary weapons cleaved closer to their model.

It's obvious where they needed to spend money, and unfortunately, it's also obvious where they actually spent that money. I'm at level 11 (after a mere two days), and unless it gets significantly better, I'm unlikely to continue beyond the free month.

- Henry Cobb
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #8134 on: November 12, 2013, 11:16:18 AM

FWIW you managed to pick the most boring class to start with - the trooper storyline is probably my least favorite. Very by the numbers.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #8135 on: November 12, 2013, 11:33:51 AM

Wait till level 40 when you only need seven bars worth of buttons in constant rotation to deal with grey mobs! It's Super Fun!

I really would have like to have finished the storyline on my Sith, but the combat system drove me in to the ground.

On topic - playing PoE when it will log in and FEAR 2 for the first time. Need to go back and finish GTA V.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #8136 on: November 12, 2013, 11:48:02 AM

SWTOR wasn't fun. The stories were fine, the gameplay was drek. I went back and tried it again, the the button bloat is just silly.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #8137 on: November 12, 2013, 12:16:50 PM

...the trooper storyline is probably my least favorite. Very by the numbers.

Yeah, but... Jennifer Hale. :( Aurally, it's like being back with the old crew. Also, fuck preachy ubermench Jedi.

I've yet to figure out whether my issues with the dialogue (not plot - I have no strong feelings about that yet) are due to the quality of the specific story, or the overall intent of the game. Too many "good/neutral" lines are under four words ("Clear, sir."), and the "bad" choices aren't sarcastic/badass/Renegade Shepard, but "I'm a puppy-kicking dickbag." I imagine that the latter, at least, are a global style choice to fit SW's dualist morality.

- Henry Cobb
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #8138 on: November 12, 2013, 12:46:00 PM

The trooper storyline gets 1000% more awesome when you pick up a certain robot.  awesome, for real

Seriously though, if you want to see SWTOR at its best, play an Imperial Agent. Almost everything about that storyline is awesome (plus, if you go healer spec, you can play with all of the companions, as opposed to being locked to a healer companion if you go tank or melee dps).

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #8139 on: November 12, 2013, 01:40:46 PM

...the trooper storyline is probably my least favorite. Very by the numbers.

Yeah, but... Jennifer Hale. :( Aurally, it's like being back with the old crew. Also, fuck preachy ubermench Jedi.

I've yet to figure out whether my issues with the dialogue (not plot - I have no strong feelings about that yet) are due to the quality of the specific story, or the overall intent of the game. Too many "good/neutral" lines are under four words ("Clear, sir."), and the "bad" choices aren't sarcastic/badass/Renegade Shepard, but "I'm a puppy-kicking dickbag." I imagine that the latter, at least, are a global style choice to fit SW's dualist morality.

The trooper is unusually heavy on the clipped responses, I would say - for understandable reasons, but it does make it all pretty dull at times. I think Republic-side the best dialogue and VA work is probably on the smuggler. Both actors totally nail it, and it is  quite funny at times.

proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #8140 on: November 12, 2013, 02:04:12 PM

I found trooper ok, not terrible or anything.  Guardian was sort of bland but very star wars-y. I like the dark side consular dialog, the guy sounded smarmy to begin with and making him evil made it better.  And I agree smuggler was the best/funniest.

Oh, all these were male.

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #8141 on: November 12, 2013, 02:18:19 PM

My favorite moment in the Jedi Guardian quest was when I realized they ran out of names for the bad guys I was fighting.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #8142 on: November 12, 2013, 02:40:59 PM

Douchebag trooper is a douchebag, but I don't think they really start going into douchebag/renegade rather than puppy-kicker until they get off Ord Mantell (although even there, there are some dark side choices that aren't kicking puppies, and you don't sound like that's what you intended to do). I honestly don't really remember, as I played my first trooper as a good little idealist that drove his post-starter-planet boss crazy. My lady trooper is much crabbier (she's a cathar, it's basically law she be crabby), and I really can't remember any puppy kicking going on with her, but honestly I am already all out of cares for doing that storyline again.

So yeah, trooper is pretty much my least favorite storyline. It gets really goddamn boring really goddamn fast and while it has some nice set pieces, it is the most obviously filler'd of them. It has one really, really awesome companion (the droid), one secretly amusing companion (the douchebag), and three adequate companions (sorry, Fordel, Dorne is a nice lady and I like her alright for feeling like an actual woman with actual goals of her own and stuff, but she's kind of boring compared to the Rishas of the world).

If you play a consular, play an insufferable douchebag male one, the lady consular sounds the exact same no matter what she's saying, and it's pretty bad after a while. Either knight is good, I like the romance for lady JKs a billion times more than the dude's, but Ingmar liked her a lot. Smuggler I would really recommend the dude over the lady unless you want to see the horror that is the Corso Riggs romance. He is the fucking worst. The wooooooooooooooooooooorst.

Smuggler is really the bestest on the Republic side, imo. It helps that I really love the class, too.  why so serious?

God Save the Horn Players
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #8143 on: November 12, 2013, 02:55:14 PM

Where I do think it sometimes devolves a bit too much into save/kick puppy is the light/dark side choice that aren't part of the personal storyline, since they can't do class-specific choices there.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #8144 on: November 12, 2013, 02:59:23 PM

I like all the Dark Side stories.  Haven't played any light ones tho, so I'm probably missing a trick.

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #8145 on: November 12, 2013, 03:39:58 PM

Where I do think it sometimes devolves a bit too much into save/kick puppy is the light/dark side choice that aren't part of the personal storyline, since they can't do class-specific choices there.

Kinda depends. Like the one with the stolen medicine on Ord Mantell, it sets you up to feel guilty about picking the dark side choice (not the threaten-the-kid choice, the other DS choice), but when you hand it in, it really sounds like the Republic military would be kinda fucked short-term without it. I think a puppy-kicking choice would've been "sell the medicine to the highest bidder, SUCKERRRRRRRS" or something. :P

But yeah, the planet quest LS/DS choices are more often "kick puppy yes/no" ... on the Republic side, anyway. Empire side they sometimes veer more into "kick puppy, of course, BWAHAHAHAHA/yes but feel a little bad about it."

God Save the Horn Players
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #8146 on: November 12, 2013, 04:27:46 PM

I want to like that game so much.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #8147 on: November 13, 2013, 11:01:22 AM

Batman Origins finally arrived from Amazon.  Fed the 3 DVDs into the machine and it eat them all up.

Then, on trying to play, it said 'hey, I'm going to download a NINE FUCKING GIG PATCH.  At this point the steam counter, coupled with my broadband, said '9 days till ready to play.'

Fuck.  This.  Shit.

Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #8148 on: November 13, 2013, 11:36:47 AM

I can't imagine why it would want a nine gig patch.  I have the PS3 version and it has had a couple patches but nothing anywhere near that size, less than 100mb.  I mean nine gigs would be like shipping without textures or something rather important such that the game would not work on the xbox.

Oh unless you bought a physical box for the PC and they were scummy enough not to ship the complete game.

I finished it yesterday and it was what I expected, not as good as the last two but still better than most games.  Story didn't make a lot of sense.  It was clear they put out a rushed product, there are a lot of glitches and bugs and lack of polish.  I thought falling through the world was on old type of bug that didn't happen anymore, I was wrong.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #8149 on: November 13, 2013, 11:53:35 AM

I'm telling myself that once I have 2,000 heavenly chips (which is enough to unlock the final cookie) I can stop.  But earlier I told myself that once I had all the achievements I could stop.  So I'm a lying bastard, apparently.

Edit:  Actually, its probably just better if I shame myself with a picture.   awesome, for real

Its a sickness and I need help.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 12:43:37 PM by Teleku »

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #8150 on: November 13, 2013, 01:36:03 PM

I'm interested in these Reckless Regulators.

Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #8151 on: November 13, 2013, 02:03:06 PM

I have an excel spreadsheet that I use to monitor the maximum number of cookies that can be generated from a cookie frenzy + lucky cookie.

I also used the quadratic equation to generate a formula that tells me how many heavenly chips I would get for resetting.

I think I'm waaay beyond any level of shame you should feel.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #8152 on: November 13, 2013, 02:16:39 PM

I'm trying to figure out if that's the guy who wants to send the letters, or one of the Reckless Regulators.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #8153 on: November 13, 2013, 05:47:34 PM

I'm trying to figure out if that's the guy who wants to send the letters, or one of the Reckless Regulators.

He shaves and wears nice clothes, so he's obviously one of the Regulators that are trying to Regulate Your Shit.

I was going to look into this cookie game but Soulflame has scared a small poop out of me.

Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #8154 on: November 13, 2013, 06:05:48 PM

Been doing the XCom expansion.

Couple of weird crashes so far. Original was rock-solid for me so that seems a bit odd.
Pages: 1 ... 231 232 [233] 234 235 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: