Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 09:59:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 12 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2238471 times)
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #6510 on: January 11, 2013, 03:20:10 AM

So just after I ditch all my purples to the vendor for cash and inventory space, Wife gets fed up with my moaning and purchases me 60 days of Swtor.

Ohhhhh, I see.

I still don't think it's worth it, but she says she prefers the quiet.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #6511 on: January 11, 2013, 03:28:24 AM

You know what?  I think you love SWTOR, that's what.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #6512 on: January 11, 2013, 03:34:42 AM

I think it would make a passable single player game that I would have purchased.

I find the idea of 'social' points and 'shared conversations' with other retards utterly, utterly ridiculidiocy.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #6513 on: January 11, 2013, 05:45:25 AM

So since I bought it for my daughter and it was sitting there I gave Skyrim a try.  I've been burned on the last 3 ES games and expected to hate it as much as I did those.

Fuck you all for being right in that this one is actually fun.

Too bad it crashes on me every 30 mins or so.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #6514 on: January 11, 2013, 07:14:47 AM

So just after I ditch all my purples to the vendor for cash and inventory space, Wife gets fed up with my moaning and purchases me 60 days of Swtor.

Ohhhhh, I see.

I still don't think it's worth it, but she says she prefers the quiet.
Hahahaha.  Just remember, you brought this on yourself.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #6515 on: January 11, 2013, 07:17:07 AM

Yes, I married her.

awesome, for real

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #6516 on: January 11, 2013, 07:18:04 AM

So since I bought it for my daughter and it was sitting there I gave Skyrim a try.  I've been burned on the last 3 ES games and expected to hate it as much as I did those.

Skyrim was always rock solid for me.  The textures sometimes went a little mad and there was the usual hilarious AI, but for all the shinyness, it ran well.

Great game.  I may even finish it one day.

Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #6517 on: January 11, 2013, 07:18:31 AM

I decided to go back and play some more Skyrim after getting too fed up with Far Cry 3. I hadn't done the Dawnguard DLC: I dunno why everyone was bitching about it, there's actually a pretty substantial amount of stuff to do in it. The house thing is ok, the part I love best is the stuff that lets me display some of my favorite shit like the manniquins, more of that would be cool. Wish it was easier to place my own stuff on shelves and so on.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #6518 on: January 11, 2013, 07:28:30 AM

Skyrim was always rock solid for me.  The textures sometimes went a little mad and there was the usual hilarious AI, but for all the shinyness, it ran well.

Great game.  I may even finish it one day.

The more problems I encounter the more I think I got one of the 570 cards with bad chips.  I might just pull the card and mail it to them for a check-up since I have problems in MWO and Skyrim all the time and now even World of Tank is starting to sieze-up on me at times.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #6519 on: January 11, 2013, 07:34:08 AM

Pull the cooling, clean and re-seat with new thermal goop. After seeing the condition of my evga's cooling when I pulled it apart, I'll be doing this with all new cards. EVGA is especially bad at this, great cards but really bad thermal conductivity to the cooling. They go real light on the goop, and some spots have none.

TES is my favorite knock-shit-off-tables simulator.
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #6520 on: January 11, 2013, 07:59:22 AM

I love that NPCs yell at you for knocking shit off tables.
Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

"Use the Soy Sauce, Luke!" WHOM, ZASH, CLISH CLASH! "Umeboshi Kenobi!! NOOO!!!"

Reply #6521 on: January 11, 2013, 08:38:35 AM

That's when you kill them, grab their corpse, and use it to knock more shit off tables!

"Pity hurricanes aren't actually caused by gays; I would take a shot in the mouth right now if it meant wiping out these chucklefucks." ~WayAbvPar
MisterNoisy
Terracotta Army

Reply #6522 on: January 11, 2013, 09:09:30 AM

Pull the cooling, clean and re-seat with new thermal goop. After seeing the condition of my evga's cooling when I pulled it apart, I'll be doing this with all new cards. EVGA is especially bad at this, great cards but really bad thermal conductivity to the cooling. They go real light on the goop, and some spots have none.

TES is my favorite knock-shit-off-tables simulator.

Possibly run HWMonitor while gaming first to see if the card is actually cooking itself before you start disassembly, though.

XBL GT:  Mister Noisy
PSN:  MisterNoisy
Steam UID:  MisterNoisy
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #6523 on: January 11, 2013, 11:25:39 AM

Light on the goop is fine if there's good contact.  Thick on the goop insulates.  Goldilocks level of goop is what's needed.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #6524 on: January 11, 2013, 11:40:36 AM

I did not mean to imply a heavy layer. Poor terminology. When I took off the evga stock cooler, there was odd dollops here and there. I put a new cooler on but I'm sure I would've improved cooling significantly with a properly applied layer, vs whatever machine or sweatshop applied layer they used.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #6525 on: January 11, 2013, 01:26:56 PM

I'm still mostly playing Atelier Iris 3 on the PC.  Having spent a little money on a wired 360 controller, I'm not sure why everyone doesn't get one.  I might see if I can get back into Dead Space, or one of those other games ported to PC that everyone bitches about.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #6526 on: January 11, 2013, 06:10:24 PM

Still on SWTOR but been derailed a bit by Fallout New Vegas.  Pre-ordered the SWTOR xpac and have been prepping for it.  New Vegas gives me a chance to wander the wasteland. 
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #6527 on: January 12, 2013, 01:45:16 AM

Started up Saints Row 3. I need to figure out a way to make the driving sequences not give me motion sickness or this is going to be a pretty short entry on my Play 10 Things Backlog Challenge.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #6528 on: January 12, 2013, 07:13:05 AM

Adjusting and making the camera fixed worked for me.

-Rasix
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #6529 on: January 12, 2013, 10:58:05 AM

Yeah get rid of smart camera or whatever it's called. I turned that off immediately.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Sheepherder
Terracotta Army

Reply #6530 on: January 13, 2013, 08:15:49 PM

Started up Saints Row 3. I need to figure out a way to make the driving sequences not give me motion sickness or this is going to be a pretty short entry on my Play 10 Things Backlog Challenge.

Play it multiplayer with Sjofn.  Trust me.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #6531 on: January 13, 2013, 08:40:51 PM

Nothing helps a marriage like whacking each other with dildo bats.

rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #6532 on: January 13, 2013, 09:09:06 PM

wish dishonored protag would say something.
they're missing a lot of character engagement with this silent protag treatment.
Corvo, your Empress just got killed in front of you, but you SAID NOTHING IN SELF DEFENSE WHEN ACCUSED OF KILLING HER?!?!!?

This is why some game companies should just stick to making doom.
We have Activision pushing cinematic Call of Duty every year, while talented folks like Arkane had no idea how to make a compelling story to accompany their decent gameplay.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #6533 on: January 13, 2013, 09:15:35 PM

Didn't Dark Messiah have at least some text choices you could make? Or am I mis-remembering?
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #6534 on: January 13, 2013, 09:26:15 PM

Yeah get rid of smart camera or whatever it's called. I turned that off immediately.

The only camera option I could find was setting it to smart/instant/delayed camera snap, so I have it on delayed and it is just barely tolerable, so game is playable now. I'm not normally a sandbox crime kind of guy but this is just ridiculous enough to not set off my 'I don't like shooting cops' reflex.

rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #6535 on: January 13, 2013, 10:20:13 PM

Didn't Dark Messiah have at least some text choices you could make? Or am I mis-remembering?

Nope u pick the 'ending path' for that one when u either purify yourself or you don't.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #6536 on: January 13, 2013, 10:44:24 PM

Playing "Dead Island" from the steam sale. It's got an awful lot of rough edges, repetitive play, stupid quests and some real dumb mechanics. But there is something cool there. I think the way you have to watch your resources (health, stamina, weapon condition) and the very explorable maps you'll traverse repeatedly if you do all the quests give it sense of identity. Unlike borderlands where you pretty much pass through most sections at running pace and they're just shooting ranges. Reminds me a little bit of secret world in the way it really encourages you to explore the map.

I'd probably find it a lot harder to like if I'd paid full price for it though.... And i'm only early on, apparently lots of sewer crawling to come :/

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #6537 on: January 14, 2013, 12:10:22 AM

I'm not normally a sandbox crime kind of guy but this is just ridiculous enough to not set off my 'I don't like shooting cops' reflex.

The WHORES WHORES WHORES parts of SR3 are on the other hand, still getting me down. Hopefully I'm past the worst of that now.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #6538 on: January 14, 2013, 07:28:36 AM

The only camera option I could find was setting it to smart/instant/delayed camera snap, so I have it on delayed and it is just barely tolerable, so game is playable now. I'm not normally a sandbox crime kind of guy but this is just ridiculous enough to not set off my 'I don't like shooting cops' reflex.
Try Instant if you haven't yet.  That's what I set mine to.

As for whores, um... have you met Z yet?

Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #6539 on: January 14, 2013, 07:34:36 AM

Giddy up!  why so serious?

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #6540 on: January 14, 2013, 07:53:03 AM

The WHORES WHORES WHORES parts of SR3 are on the other hand, still getting me down. Hopefully I'm past the worst of that now.

You are not.

Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #6541 on: January 14, 2013, 08:07:17 AM

SWTOR was a great leveling experience and bore at level cap after the second tier of raids dropped. Eternity Vault was an exceedingly cool raid. Then everything after that was boring as hell.

Karagga's Palace was okay but that's only because we had people who were competent and smart for the puzzle boss. "Explosive Conflict" was fucking terrible and overtuned.

As for right now:

Playing:
Sleeping Dogs - Holy shit a GTA-type sandbox game where I am LEGIT INTERESTED in the main story instead of just dicking around? Awesome on-foot combat, good driving controls for once, solid shooting elements (better than any of the GTA titles for sure), and probably the best set of radio stations to be in one of these games.

Torchlight 2 - Guess I lied, I'm not done yet. Working on my two-hand engineer, and after finally leveling her enough to get access to my store of ridiculous Outlander uniques my duel-pistol outlander is now actually capable of killing shit.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #6542 on: January 14, 2013, 08:35:14 AM

Heart Z

And I hear that in autotune.

I rocked SR3 with my space bitches.

I agree with Fab on Sleeping Dogs. Also, the amount of melee combat really helps thumbstick combat a lot. I played such an outlandish amount of GTA:SA, I still consider that the best of the genre; but I think Sleeping Dogs has leapt to second best. I do wish I could stash stolen cars instead of buying them, but it's a really small quibble.

Rocksmith is also SO GOOD. How good? I have to take another break because I played so much I strained my wrist. AGAIN. Pretty good song selection, especially when paired with some of the choice DLC cuts. And I get these Neo moments "Woah, I know Barracuda" I get so caught up in the game part I forget I'm playing guitar. The arcade stuff blows chunks, imo. I think when I have everything unlocked, I'll just start a new profile and unlock it all again.

Between those two, it's really good gaming right now.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #6543 on: January 14, 2013, 09:26:29 AM

Playing "Dead Island" from the steam sale. It's got an awful lot of rough edges, repetitive play, stupid quests and some real dumb mechanics. But there is something cool there. I think the way you have to watch your resources (health, stamina, weapon condition) and the very explorable maps you'll traverse repeatedly if you do all the quests give it sense of identity. Unlike borderlands where you pretty much pass through most sections at running pace and they're just shooting ranges. Reminds me a little bit of secret world in the way it really encourages you to explore the map.

I'd probably find it a lot harder to like if I'd paid full price for it though.... And i'm only early on, apparently lots of sewer crawling to come :/

Play with a group. That's the best way to do Dead island.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #6544 on: January 14, 2013, 11:25:13 AM

Try Instant if you haven't yet.  That's what I set mine to.

As for whores, um... have you met Z yet?

Yes, and I just had the retarded mission where Pierce throws the party in the penthouse. That was pretty bad, hoping that its back to shooting gangsters after that. The pony chase didn't bug me.  tongue

Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: