Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 08:51:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Free Month? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Free Month?  (Read 4410 times)
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

on: June 16, 2005, 05:54:43 PM

Some one posted a while back they had some sort of free month accounts or some such? If any one had two of those they would like to give away, myself and a friend of mine would love to check out CoH, now that our WoW addiction is dying down.
Llava
Contributor

Rrava roves you rong time

Reply #1 on: June 17, 2005, 01:42:25 AM

Sure, go here:
http://www.coh.com/newsletter/0502/download_info.html

Follow the directions.  I've PMed a serial code to you.  You'll need another from someone else for your friend, I think.

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #2 on: June 17, 2005, 05:48:35 AM

Join the Batnet channel and say hello to me.  I'm on Victory.  Sometimes Clyde Jr and Eldeac play, too.  I have a feeling I might be the only one on f13 who plays nearly every day, though.  My global chat name is Signe.  Of course.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #3 on: June 17, 2005, 11:01:52 AM

Sweet, thanks Llava.

My friend and myself will probably be in tonight.

Singe, I will for sure look you up.

Anyone have any advice on what server we should play? I still have my characters on Justice, but my highest is only lvl14.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #4 on: June 17, 2005, 11:57:06 AM

Singe!  Ooooh!  I like it.  Makes me sound hot.

I'm on Victory because that's where f13 started out, although not many are left.   I suppose it doesn't really matter what server you choose.  Virtue, Freedom and Justice are the only ones that ever go beyond light load, I think... and then, it's only to medium.  I've not seen a server with a heavy load since the early days.  With Global Chat, you can talk to anyone regardless of server.

Mesozoic
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: June 17, 2005, 12:50:54 PM

I'm on Liberty as "Violence" which is also my global chat handle. 

...any religion that rejects coffee worships a false god.
-Numtini
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #6 on: June 17, 2005, 12:55:22 PM

I guess im on Victory then. Cause, Im on whatever one we played before.

I still have my character that was, to quote you "Ohh Morph, you look scary".
jpark
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: June 17, 2005, 01:29:47 PM

Man I am getting the tingles to go back to CoH again.

I have a great Ice Controller/ Empath called "Jitters".  Pet to boot.  He rocks.  Throw in there fly, phase shift, invisibility and teleport friend.  He should be called the Swiss Army Knife :)

I have a pure healer too Defender (empath) called Moon.  Talk about name equity :)

"I think my brain just shoved its head up its own ass in retaliation.
"  HaemishM.
Alkiera
Terracotta Army

The best part of SWG was the easy account cancellation process.

Reply #8 on: June 18, 2005, 01:41:24 PM

I've been playing pretty regularly, just haven't gotten the batnet channel set up yet.

Global chat handle is 'Sword Crusade'.

Alkiera

"[I could] become the world's preeminent MMO class action attorney.  I could be the lawyer EVEN AMBULANCE CHASERS LAUGH AT. " --Triforcer

Welcome to the internet. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used as evidence against you in a character assassination on Slashdot.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #9 on: June 19, 2005, 11:58:58 AM

I've been back on CoH lately on Victory as my now lv. 34 Illusion/Empathy controller Hysterical.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #10 on: June 20, 2005, 11:50:23 AM

Tempting since I'm done with WoW.  Too bad my computer just died. ><

-Rasix
Llava
Contributor

Reply #11 on: June 20, 2005, 02:01:50 PM

Good news, no code needed anymore.  Just an email.

https://secure.plaync.com/cgi-bin/coh_free_trial.pl

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
jpark
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: June 21, 2005, 12:54:04 PM

So I heard that mission difficult could be increased by visiting an Analyst contact of some sort.

How is this looking - anyone tried it?

My big grip about missions is that I wanted them to be harder - with the commensurate rewards.  Otherwise, typically only street fights offered truely tough encounters since you could pick a fight with guys way above your level.

"  HaemishM.
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #13 on: June 21, 2005, 01:07:32 PM

The Hero Corps Field Analysts are great.  You can ramp up 3 (or is it 4) levels of difficulty beyond the default, and they certainly provide significant challenge, depending on your build.

I'm very impressed with the system.  The xp rewards, naturally, ramp up as well, since you're fighting higher level NPCs.

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
ClydeJr
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: June 21, 2005, 03:35:01 PM

So I heard that mission difficult could be increased by visiting an Analyst contact of some sort.
Yup the Hero Corp Analyst guys. There are 5 levels of difficulty:

Heroic: Normal number of bad guys, +0 and +1 in level
? ? ? ?: Double number of bad guys, +0 and +1 in level
Rugged: Normal number of bad guys, +1 and +2 in level
? ? ? ?: Double number of bad guys, +1 and +2 in level
Invincible: Normal number of bad guys, +2 and +3 in level

Tanks and most scrappers can handle invincible once they have most of their main powers. AoE blasters can probably handle the difficulties with double the enemies. Most other archetypes will probably need to team up some. With a team that works well together, you can handle invincible with no problems.

Analyst Locations:
Atlas Park --- NE of Atlas Plaza dot, opposite of Henry Peter Wong contact
Brickstown --- Standing next to hospital, close to Neal Kendrick contact
Galaxy City --- Out back of the Freedom Corp HQ
Independence Port --- On hill, across street from hospital door
Kings Row --- Near Blue Steel trainer
Steel Canyon --- Opposite side from Positron
Talos Island --- On the base of the Talos statue
Skyway City --- E of Tram station, in small park area with Minx & Synapse
Founders' Falls --- W side of fountain in Williams Square
Peregrine Island --- At Portal Corp sign
Llava
Contributor

Reply #15 on: June 21, 2005, 04:16:27 PM

The xp rewards, naturally, ramp up as well, since you're fighting higher level NPCs.

Not sure if this is what you meant, but the XP bonus at the end of the mission scales up as well, I believe.

Alkiera
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: June 21, 2005, 05:37:39 PM

The settings are Heroic(default), Tenacious, Rugged, Unyielding, and Invincible

As a BS/Invuln scrapper, I regularly solo Unyielding missions, fully of big groups of +1/+2 mobs,

Someone in my SG ran some mission on test with the various difficulty settings(same mission over and over, by re-copying his character from Victory).  He concluded that the best exp per mission was on the 'Unyielding' setting, as double mobs was worth more than an additional step up the level ladder...  And that Unyielding resulted in a roughly 80% increase in the exp for the kills in the mission, over Heroic.

This is only a mildly scientific study, but the data seems valid.  I can probably copy the rest from the forums if people are interested.

Alkiera

"[I could] become the world's preeminent MMO class action attorney.  I could be the lawyer EVEN AMBULANCE CHASERS LAUGH AT. " --Triforcer

Welcome to the internet. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used as evidence against you in a character assassination on Slashdot.
jpark
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: June 21, 2005, 05:41:51 PM

Nice.  Very nice.

Do we know that reputational bonuses increase commensurate with the reward increase?  Cut me some slack here - been awhile - I think there is faction in the game correct?

"  HaemishM.
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #18 on: June 21, 2005, 05:50:25 PM

Nice.  Very nice.

Do we know that reputational bonuses increase commensurate with the reward increase?  Cut me some slack here - been awhile - I think there is faction in the game correct?

Nope.  Influence is just basically cash.

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
Alkiera
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: June 21, 2005, 06:50:09 PM

Nice.  Very nice.

There is a semi-faction thing with your contacts, basically how much they trust you.  I don't think it changes with the slider.  Different missions increase your faction different amounts, and after a certain amount gained they will give you their phone number so you can call them for missions instead of running out to them.  Beating up harder minions doesn't really make them trust you any more than beating up easier ones... getting missions done does impress them.  Results, not bravado.

Alkiera

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #20 on: June 27, 2005, 07:39:45 AM

Yup the Hero Corp Analyst guys. There are 5 levels of difficulty:

Heroic: Normal number of bad guys, +0 and +1 in level
Tenacious: Double number of bad guys, +0 and +1 in level
Rugged: Normal number of bad guys, +1 and +2 in level
Unyielding: Double number of bad guys, +1 and +2 in level
Invincible: Normal number of bad guys, +2 and +3 in level

Tanks and most scrappers can handle invincible once they have most of their main powers. AoE blasters can probably handle the difficulties with double the enemies. Most other archetypes will probably need to team up some. With a team that works well together, you can handle invincible with no problems.

Analyst Locations:
Atlas Park --- NE of Atlas Plaza dot, opposite of Henry Peter Wong contact
Brickstown --- Standing next to hospital, close to Neal Kendrick contact
Galaxy City --- Out back of the Freedom Corp HQ
Independence Port --- On hill, across street from hospital door
Kings Row --- Near Blue Steel trainer
Steel Canyon --- Opposite side from Positron
Talos Island --- On the base of the Talos statue
Skyway City --- E of Tram station, in small park area with Minx & Synapse
Founders' Falls --- W side of fountain in Williams Square
Peregrine Island --- At Portal Corp sign

Just filled in those two missing bits.   smiley

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Free Month?  
Jump to: